As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Haha, of course. Will be finding these crazy people on youtube today

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    There's a new patch out, so far unknown what it does besides the usual "various improvements for pleasant game experience" note.

Also I managed to crash my game, it froze and kicked me back to the switch home menu with a "software closed because of an error" messsage. I was sneaking around a boko camp during a thunderstorm and I apparently screwed up their AI behavior. They kept getting stuck along the spiral staircase on the tree fort constantly switching between ? mark searching mode and idle behaviors. The combination of the thunderstorm and me getting impatient and rushing in with the stasis overlay activated made it lock up.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    holy crap the head scientist at the research center is annoying as fuck

why do all the conversations in this game seem to take forever let me get back to sneaking up on lizards

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Are you not feelin' genki?

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Snapeeee!

• Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Snapeeee!

?

Ootp076.jpg

???

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Snape kills Tingle

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I like how they try to pretend it's a big surprise that she's the head researcher despite that exact stereotype happening in almost every anime ever.

I was legitimately shocked when she said it was actually the other guy. I literally turned to my cat and said "what the fuck really".

Wonk had no comment

• Options
    edited April 2017
    So I decided to get the special armor from the lab in Akkala. Had to get some cores, soooo I decided to go hunting in Hyrule Field. I got my ass whooped and had to teleport out multiple times to avoid dying and losing progress. At one point I was fighting a guardian stalker, two bow carrying silver bokos on horses, and three stalmoblins, all at the same time. I noped out of that, yes I did. Even without that insane challenge, my perfect guard game was weak and I couldn't down guardians like I usually can. After the white lynels and now this, I have no shields at all, not even at my house. I was pissed. Time to up the ante.

I went back to Cherry and got a small stock of ancient arrows, pulled out a savage lynel bow, and went to work. My vengeance was swift and complete. I would jump of my horse, aim, and nuke a guardian by shooting it in the head. Didn't matter if I hit it's eye or not, it was a kill every time. There were other silver bokos out there too. I used a different quick shot bow to ruthlessly murder them at range with fire arrows, just pow pow pow. No artful melee combat, no tricks, just straight murder.

This was incredibly fun! For most games, I wind up never using the expensive, powerful gear, "saving" it for when I need it. It's rare and delightful that a game has this kind of difficulty paired with powerful weps that are not strictly limited to only a few in the entire game. It felt gratifying to pull out the big guns instead of simply overpowered.

Caveat: This game has so enraptured me and fit so perfectly into what I want I think I'm viewing it through rose colored glasses. That's fine as long as I'm aware of it, but keep it in mind as I gush praise about everything.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Snape kills Tingle

:bigfrown:

• Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    So, blood moons, is it normal to have one almost every damn night? Maybe every other? And keep in mind, I am leaving most monsters alive to live their monster lives at this point.

psn: dantree
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    dantree wrote: »
    So, blood moons, is it normal to have one almost every damn night? Maybe every other? And keep in mind, I am leaving most monsters alive to live their monster lives at this point.

It is both normal and not normal. It clearly isn't supposed to happen, but for some players it frequently does.

I've said before, I got 3 in one night before, and even not counting that, the majority of blood moons I got throughout the game were "fake", in that the moon that night was still normal, white, but I'd still get the animation and all the respawns. The fake ones though, didn't activate the cooking bonus or one other specific thing, which was frustrating as hell.

And killing guardians
    I know reflecting their beams and ancient arrows are efficient, but I liked getting up close and cutting off their legs, just to be a dick, before murdering them. They gave me so much shit most of the game, when I could finally reliably take them out, I'm glad I found the cruelest way to do it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The only complaint I have about guardians is that if they actually hit you, by the time you're done ragdolling about, they're 90% done with their next attack animation ....

makes it really hard to come back from

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    The only complaint I have about guardians is that if they actually hit you, by the time you're done ragdolling about, they're 90% done with their next attack animation ....

makes it really hard to come back from

Especially if you get caught in the crosshairs of more than one.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I like how they try to pretend it's a big surprise that she's the head researcher despite that exact stereotype happening in almost every anime ever.

I was legitimately shocked when she said it was actually the other guy. I literally turned to my cat and said "what the fuck really".

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Mblackwell wrote: »

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Nah.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Decided to look up a map for the last 4 shrines. I know it takes away from the game, but I figured it would beat the frustration of finding needles in a haystack. Just have one left now. And (spoiler)
    Since it's inside Hyrule Castle, I'll just prepare for the final rush while I'm at it

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Nah.

I mean, she told me not to. I don't want to be rude guest.

• Options

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Nah.

I mean, she told me not to. I don't want to be rude guest.

Exactly! She's annoying as hell and I don't care PLUS she said don't.

No problem lady. I don't really care about your obvious botched experiment backstory in any case.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Too-frequent blood moons is a known issue caused by keeping your game running too long. Try completely closing out of the game rather than just suspending it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    I finished Naboris last night. Not sure if it's how you're supposed to do it, but there's a
    chest dangling from a rope outside. I stasis'd the chest, pulled out my bow and shot through the rope, and then spammed magnesis on the chest until it broke out of stasis to snag it.

It's pretty great, although it does make me wonder how you're supposed to really do it.

• Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Too-frequent blood moons is a known issue caused by keeping your game running too long. Try completely closing out of the game rather than just suspending it.

Ok, that makes sense, as I had been just playing non stop and just putting it into sleep mode for the last while. I also had two in one night and knew something was off. The update last night forced me to restart, so all seems better now. Thanks!

psn: dantree
  • Options
    KPC wrote: »
    I finished Naboris last night. Not sure if it's how you're supposed to do it, but there's a
    chest dangling from a rope outside. I stasis'd the chest, pulled out my bow and shot through the rope, and then spammed magnesis on the chest until it broke out of stasis to snag it.

It's pretty great, although it does make me wonder how you're supposed to really do it.

I did that in the opposite order.
    Use Magnesis to get the chest moving like a pendulum, then shoot it down at the right time.

I did have to reload my save after my first attempt sent it to the sands below. But I got it on the second try.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I did that in the opposite order.
    Use Magnesis to get the chest moving like a pendulum, then shoot it down at the right time.

I did have to reload my save after my first attempt sent it to the sands below. But I got it on the second try.

I thought about doing it that way, but was weary of the timing required. You definitely did it the harder way.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I brought my switch to my off-site for work to play in my hotel room. Super rad convenience.

I just got up to the Rito beast, and I agree with previous complaints. It took me like 2 minutes to get ready to go to the beast, where as Gerudo had y'know, a whole side mission. As did the Zora one. Did they just run out of ideas?

• Options
    The problem with using cold temperatures as an obstacle in the tutorial, I think.

• Options
    The problem with using cold temperatures as an obstacle in the tutorial, I think.

It may cause problems for some players, but I think it belongs in the tutorial. It's very important that people understand what they are getting into here.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Surprised they didn't use swimming in freezing water hazards as much, you only ever encounter that in the starting plateau.

• Options
    Oh, for sure. It just means that the Hebra Mountains and the Snowquill gear are less of an actual gating thing, compared to the way the game makes sure you have to deal with desert heat, volcano heat, and not being able to climb waterfalls, before you reach the various towns.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Surprised they didn't use swimming in freezing water hazards as much, you only ever encounter that in the starting plateau.

I'm pretty sure I encountered some elsewhere but not as a part of anything "required" to progress story beats, just stuff like seeds and treasure chests.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I encountered some elsewhere but not as a part of anything "required" to progress story beats, just stuff like seeds and treasure chests.

Yeah there's definitely some more deathly-cold water up in the Rito region when you go shrine hunting.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Oh, for sure. It just means that the Hebra Mountains and the Snowquill gear are less of an actual gating thing, compared to the way the game makes sure you have to deal with desert heat, volcano heat, and not being able to climb waterfalls, before you reach the various towns.

Eh, desert heat is ignorable if you're just doing the divine beast. Only thing I found to be a REAL obstacle was the fire at Death Mountain.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The folks at Dorkly had a simple question: what happens when you throw a chicken into Death Mountain?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The folks at Dorkly had a simple question: what happens when you throw a chicken into Death Mountain?

Valuable scientific research right here.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So many neat places to be found out in the world.
    Like this outcropping I just found with a tree on top surrounded by luminous ore and one or two of every kind of mushroom growing nearby. Just down the valley from a lake with four korok puzzles within sight of each other, plus a couple of treasure chests and a bunch of courser bee hives.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular

I kind of tried that but I dropped it into the desert. Oops.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Where is the damn thing?! I still can't find it.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edzepp wrote: »

I kind of tried that but I dropped it into the desert. Oops.

Me too; accidentally fired an arrow at the rope. I reloaded; I wonder if it's in the desert somewhere in the overworld?

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Wonk had no comment

Read her diary.

Where is the damn thing?! I still can't find it.

EDIT: never mind. Forgot who we were talking about.

edzepp on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I think the correct course of action for that chest is:
    Stasis the chest, shoot the rope, and spam the hell out of magnesis once it comes out of stasis.

I, however, also did the pendulum swing. It worked first try, I didn't even think about what would happen if I missed. Lucky me!