Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh shit end of Persona 5
    I really did not expect them to explain why Igor had a deep gravel voice but True Igor! My buddy!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How would you like to see two extremely talented women playing the Persona 5 soundtrack entirely on Electone organs

Of course you would

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugc4etorpHA

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Actually I'd rather see two untalented women do it, but I have specific fetishes.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I will remember you

Will you remember me

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Man, Yusuke keeps coming over to Leblanc and casually suggesting we hang out, but I've got other confidants I'm working on right now.

Walking past him and out the door to go see Makoto must be suuuuuper awkward and I feel bad.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Man, Yusuke keeps coming over to Leblanc and casually suggesting we hang out, but I've got other confidants I'm working on right now.

Walking past him and out the door to go see Makoto must be suuuuuper awkward and I feel bad.

Fast travel!

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I choose to imagine this as me flipping out a window and sprinting all the way to school

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    one time I was gonna hang out with him but I accidentally walked out the door instead

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I finally hung out with him. He greeted me by saying that I must have a lot of time if I'm hanging out with him.

Yusuke, you have no idea. I had literally no other links I could do.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I finally hung out with him. He greeted me by saying that I must have a lot of time if I'm hanging out with him.

Yusuke, you have no idea. I had literally no other links I could do.

This was the issue I ran into with Yusuke. I had other people I wanted to hang out with him more than him most of the time, despite vine a mainstay in the combat party.

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    one time I was gonna hang out with him but I accidentally walked out the door instead

I would love to hang out Yusuke!

W... wait, I'm headed towards the door

I'm opening it...!

And now I'm outside! I want to hang out... but... I'm out here now!

(oh nooooooo)

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Persona 3!
    I'm in mid november now. Haven't been able to use mitsuru for a while, but I've cleared like 50 more floors of Tartarus since she left. Oh god she's so far behind everyone now.

Edit: aaaaaaaaand just got the final document with like a month and a half to spare

rhylith on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I like Yusuke.

• Options
    I highly encourage everyone to work on Yusuke's Confident link at least until you get to visit the church.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    I hope the inevitable sequel has more slice-of-life scenes in it. P4's scenes often had problematic content in them (e.g. the camping trip), but they held a better sense that I was watching a year in the life of a group of friends. It felt like almost every last scene in P5 was tied to the main storyline.

If staying focused on the plot meant brevity, I'd be a fan, but in practice exactly the opposite happened. Every monthly cycle instead had the same converations over and over again with slight variations, because the plot wasn't ready to move forward yet. When the MC's phone goes off, I should be looking forward to some fun group texts with his team, not groaning because it's time for the eleventh iteration of "hey we should go do that palace" / "boy, I hope doing that palace worked".

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So playing through P3 right now, one thing I really like is that even though the month continues on toward the full moon, there's still real life events happening throughout the month. P5 fell into a rhythm way too often, with ~20 days to finish the objective, then the heist, and then ~1-2 weeks forcing you to take a test or go on a trip and learn about the next palace before the cycle repeats itself exactly.

I hope they change up the pacing a little more in the next one.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Listening to someone do a play-through right now and he makes fun of Makoto every time she speaks.

I'm glad SOMEONE else in the world finds her as boring as I did.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    'Do I come across as robotic?'
    'Beep boop. '

What a shame her confidant plays out the way it does.

Also it's interesting how many characters in the recent Persona games are cop or cop adjacent.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    NG+
    Anyone got any particular experience with Satanael? I'm trying to plan a good setup for SilverWind so she can steamroll basically the entire game. I was thinking of using, like, Divine Pillar accessory + Firm Stance, and then something like

One Shot Kill
    Riot Gun
    Cripple
    Snipe
    Victory Cry
    Charge

And then something else. Not quite sure what.

Anybody got any other recommendations? With the Tower key item I'd expect this to be able to beat the whole game really easily

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    NG+
    Anyone got any particular experience with Satanael? I'm trying to plan a good setup for SilverWind so she can steamroll basically the entire game. I was thinking of using, like, Divine Pillar accessory + Firm Stance, and then something like

One Shot Kill
    Riot Gun
    Cripple
    Snipe
    Victory Cry
    Charge

And then something else. Not quite sure what.

Anybody got any other recommendations? With the Tower key item I'd expect this to be able to beat the whole game really easily

That's pretty much the build
    If you want him to be a trash clearer, something like

Charge
    Riot Gun
    One Shot Kill
    Cripple
    Snipe
    Victory Cry
    Firm Stance
    Arms Master/Apt Pupil/Regen3/Enduring Soul/Unshaken Will OR Insta-Heal

For bosses:

Charge
    Riot Gun/One Shot Kill
    Cripple
    Snipe
    Firm Stance
    Arms Master
    Regen 3
    Insta-Heal

And then Firm Stance stacks with Divine Pillar.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Wait, it does stack?

That would have simplified the bonus boss fight for me.

• Options
    So of those of you who played Persona 1 and Persona 2 Innocent Sin, which should I play, or both? I was thinking of picking up the PSP versions on the PSN (as the PS1 versions are not available) and was curious of people's opinion. I have played Persona 3-5, SMT IV, SMT IV Apocalypse, and Devil Survivor. Is the first one fun? I've heard mixed things about the second one. I do know that all three eventually come together (1, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment), so would it be beneficial to start with the first one? Any feedback would be great!

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The Persona 2 games are worth playing, Persona 1 not so much. They are very PS1 era games in their battle system, dungeon design, and random encounter rate, but P2's gameplay isn't completely terrible, the main cast is truly excellent, and the story is batshit crazy fun.

P1's characters are significantly weaker, making the (even more apparent) gameplay flaws a lot harder to push past imo.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Start with P1. Characters from it have a significant role in 2. You'll appreciate it more.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I was tooling around in P5's endgame grinding and at one point I used Charge, got a crit with a second character and tagged back to the character who had used Charge to deal massive damage in that same turn. I wish you were given more opportunities to actually enjoy the excellent gameplay systems, rather than lots of boring "hit weakness > AOA" then ultimately "eh fuck it, phys everything to death". You can't even crit the Reaper, which makes that encounter super boring.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the advice I dived into Persona 1 , with the thought that the combat couldn't get that boring and eh, it's fun to see games roots.

10 minutes in a description of the nurse: "The school nurse. She doesn't seem to be a very good cook (she is not cooking or doing anything related to cooking)"

The more things change....

(Except I don't think it comes up in Persona 5?)

Edit: omg I love the Vince McMahon walk the MC has in this game.

never die on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Also, Ayase is best.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I haven't actually seen her much in game yet, but I'm totally down with Mark. Got give mad props to the bro who can seductively dance demons into submission.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Bugboy got to the Hawaii trip

He is... not happy with how the characters are spending their time

"Appreciate island biodiversity, you fucks" was his exact quote

• Options
    edited June 2017
    never die wrote: »
    I haven't actually seen her much in game yet, but I'm totally down with Mark. Got give mad props to the bro who can seductively dance demons into submission.

Thankfully, he's with you regardless. You have to pick who sticks with you for the fifth slot if you go SEBEC(and go SEBEC, SQQ is very difficult). SEBEC is the main story route, SQQ is a different route with an alternate ending. More of a different side of the story.

Your options are:
    Brown, Ayase, Elly, and Reiji, but he's very difficult to get. Very OP, though.

If you don't pick one, you get stuck with Brown.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

who'd he go to the beach with

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The Hawaii trip is real raw in some ways because it is the perfect illustration of who these characters are and how they relate to the world

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It was the most tedious event in the entire game. If they never have a Wacky Vacation Event ever again, it'll be too soon.

At least allow some exploration, otherwise why go to the trouble of creating an entirely new area? Would a day of free roaming a new environment be so bad?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I got to hang out on the beach with Kawakami so the Hawaii trip was worth it.

• Options
    simulacrum wrote: »

How does that happen? She had to stay behind when I played.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

who'd he go to the beach with

Hifumi, because his fortuneteller girlfriend wasn't there

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    simulacrum wrote: »

How does that happen? She had to stay behind when I played.

Did you have her confidant maxed beforehand?

simulacrum on
This discussion has been closed.