As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Morgana abuses Ryuji the entire game though.

Not when Ryuji is having an existential crisis

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ryuji character spoilers (Whole game)
    I liked Ryuji the least when he was a dick to Morgana for, like, no reason whatsoever
    To be fair, Ryuji and Morgana had the kind of relationship where they would openly shit talk each other in a friendly sort of way. Hell, morgana is constantly calling ryuji dumb and useless even during combat! It's just that Ryuji failed to pick up on the fact that Morgana was actually feeling kind of sensitive about the whole 'dumb and useless' sniping once he ACTUALLY started feeling that way. Hence him acting like a dick because he didn't realize it wasn't funny to morgana anymore

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I def agree about Haru.

I ended up liking her character a lot. Was a shame it was so late.

This is my biggest issue with the calendar format. Maybe my only issue.

I really like the concept, but I think the games would be bett and if your party is almost entirely available from the onset. I mean, that would require a different design philosophy here since the way party members gets doled out to you is woven into the plot. But...yeah. I would prefer to not get a character so close to the end of the game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I was sad that the sunday shopping show was not Tanaka in P5 then,
    I fixed a laptop and Shady Tanaka appears with music and everything!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ryuiji had the best social link of any party member IMO.

The writing was phenomenal and he perfectly embodied what brought the party members in the game together.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ryuji was good, Temperance was better, Hanged was my favorite

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ryuji's was good because it at least made sure he wasn't completely one-note in most of his characterization in the game

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Still working on romancing Haru

So far it feels like maybe it fleshes her out a bit more, especially given all the damn free time you have in NG+ to just take her out to wherever the fuck

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ann was my favorite social link because her reaction to the other model was hilarious.
    "Oh my god, what an evil bitch! God she's so awesome, I want to be her!"

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

(best social of any party member josh).

:P

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

(best social of any party member josh).

:P

I know that!

Doesn't make my opinion less valid!

• Options
    It's not all about you milski!

• Options
    I never even found the laptop tbh

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    It's not all about you milski!

Isn't it though?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i dunno when it shows up but you can eventually buy it from the same place as the TV

and then you have to buy a computer repair kit from akibahara to fix it up

• Options

i dunno when it shows up but you can eventually buy it from the same place as the TV

and then you have to buy a computer repair kit from akibahara to fix it up

basically the same time as when akihabara opens up, so I want to say september?

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Speaking of Palace 3
    The trophy pop said this guy was Gluttony, so I guess there's a Seven Sins thing going on here.

But he seemed more greedy than gluttonous, really. I mean his whole inner world is a giant bank!

I'm judging this game.

congratulations on noticing something I didn't, because I'm kinda dense

Endgame hammers it into your head.

What's funny is that P5 actually uses

(massive spoilers for every palace, the endgame, and the final boss.)
    9 deadly sins instead of 7

During the opening movie, when morgana runs by the latin names of the sins are shown

It's very blink and you'll miss it

H7KMplg.png

Of course, there are 9 sins listed there.
    2 sins, Acedia, and Vainglory were combined into other sins by Pope Gregory some time ago.

Vainglory (vanity) got rolled up into pride.
    Acedia (Which is more closely related to apathy) had Tristitia rolled up into it, and became sloth.

Of course, this leaves an interesting question, because eagle eyed readers will note that Tristitia is absent from that 9, and acedia is present. So they kept Vanity separate from pride for dungeon 2 and 7, and then added Cavum.

Cavum for the record isnt on any list of sins that I know of (but I wont claim to be an expert) But is more or less "Hollowness" Pretty similar to apathy tbh.

Each palace in persona gets 1 sin assigned to it, with 2 notables being Futaba's and the final area of mementos.

Futaba's calling card says that she has committed the sin of sloth. However that's specifically just the english version. Her card in Japanese makes no mention of sloth at all. Whether she was intended to represent it or not is thus sort of up in the air. Some people believe that the final area of mementos better fits the concept of sloth. I believe that it fits Cavum better (Which isnt used anywhere else either). But for all I know, the final area was Sloth, and Cavum is simply not in the game. After all, the bonus-dungeon of P4 ended up being the "hollow" forest when golden came out. If P5 ends up with a remaster and a bonus dungeon with a hollow theme i'll eat my words, but until then I believe futaba is sloth and mementos is Cavum.

Honestly I feel like the deadly sin theme in P5 was too shallow, sort of unexplored, and in many ways just very off-beat. The second dungeon being Vanity, which isnt a deadly sin most people are familiar with, and then the third palace being gluttony, when really that guy strikes most people as greed (and then the 5th palace being greed when he's the burger dude! Who has an attack that literally makes you hungry!).

If it wasnt for the final boss literally using the deadly sins as weapons against you I wouldnt have even picked up on the theme.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Honestly I feel like the deadly sin theme in P5 was too shallow, sort of unexplored, and in many ways just very off-beat.

This sentence can be applied to pretty much all of Persona 5 tbh

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

nice nice
    nice nice
    nice nice
    nice nice

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Noice

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    subarashii

• Options

Yep that is the noise you make when she violates medical ethics and makes you drink some unknown chemical

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Shoutouts to Untouchables for having the best piece of ambient music

• Options
    I feel a powerful urge to go to bed early

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Judgement level 10
    True Judgement:
    ????????????????

Ok Persona 5, that was pretty good.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Post-Palace 6 stuff:
    I called Akechi a "Light Yagami-looking motherfucker" more than once but I had forgotten about the bit in the opening where the cop says that someone sold me out, and his whole Metaverse get-up was just so cheesy, I figured, he couldn't actually be a bad guy, could he?

But then all the flashbacks hit and I was like "oh yeah, the pancakes thing was a while ago wasn't it"

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Post-Palace 6 stuff:
    I called Akechi a "Light Yagami-looking motherfucker" more than once but I had forgotten about the bit in the opening where the cop says that someone sold me out, and his whole Metaverse get-up was just so cheesy, I figured, he couldn't actually be a bad guy, could he?

But then all the flashbacks hit and I was like "oh yeah, the pancakes thing was a while ago wasn't it"
    Yeah, the pancakes thing was four months prior at that point. His story that he got his powers "two months prior" is immediately bullshit

• Options
    edited May 2017
    so I saw someone talking about their favorite links/confidants by tarot type and got curious
    0. Fool (SEES, Investigation Team, Igor)
    1. Magician (Kenji, Junpei, Yosuke, Morgana)
    2. Priestess (Fuuka, Yukiko, Makoto)
    3. Empress (Mitsuru, Margaret, Haru)
    4. Emperor (Hidetoshi, Kanji, Yusuke)
    5. Hierophant (Bunkichi/Mitsuko, Dojima, Sojiro)
    6. Lovers (Yukari, Rise, Ann)
    7. Chariot (Kazushi, Rio, Chie, Ryuji)
    8. Justice (Chihiro, Ken, Nanako, Goro)
    9. Hermit (Maya, Saori, Fox, Futaba)
    10. Fortune (Keisuke, Ryoji, Naoto, Chihaya)
    11. Strength (Yuko, Koromaru, Kou/Daisuke, Caroline/Justine)
    12. Hanged Man (Maiko, Naoki, Iwai)
    13. Death (Pharos, Hisano, Takemi)
    14. Temperance (Bebe, Eri, Kawakami)
    15. Devil (Tanakaaaaaa, Sayoko, Ohya)
    16. Tower (Mutatsu, Shu, Oda)
    17. Star (Mamoru, Akihiko, Teddie, Hifumi)
    18. Moon (Nozomi, Shinjiro, Ai, Mishima)
    19. Sun (Akinari, Yumi/Ayane, Yoshida)
    20. Judgement (Nyx Annihilation Team, Seekers of Truth, Sae)
    21. Aeon (Aigis, Marie)
    22. Jester (Adachi) but we're not counting him

Tally (P3P and P3 share a couple tallies)
    p3 3
    p3p 5
    p4 8
    p4g 0
    p5 8
    Thoughts:
    -Vanilla p3 is DIRE
    -there's a lot of chaff in p4, as it turns out
    -the moon link, the sun link and the tower link are real dry on quality
    -The only one I really struggled with was devil
    -the links where p5 wins, p5 is the best by a country mile (it's usually up there for most of the other links with the exception of the aforementioned sun/tower/moon)

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Moon sux.

• Options
    I like Ai's link a bunch but WHOOF, moon has two of the worst links in the series

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I disagree with you about a bunch of those but really it's a testament to how good persona's characters are overall.

I also haven't finished p3 yet but yeah a bunch of the p3 links are either bad or boring.

rhylith on
  • Options
    I might go in depth on my chpics eventually I just wanted to see how it shook out first

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I might go in depth on my chpics eventually I just wanted to see how it shook out first

devil Fuck Marry Kill go

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

devil Fuck Marry Kill go

Oh please
    4 5 3 because 3 is going to wind up murdered by the yakuza at some point anyways

This discussion has been closed.