Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] I am one with the Drafter, and the Drafter is with me.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Do we have teams for Saturday yet?

We would if @finnith answered his PMs. >.<

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I swear the next time I see another person pick Tyrande on my team I'm going to have to type in all caps. She's just underwhelming on all fronts with no escape mechanism, goddamn

Also, its Day 15~ and people still have not learned how to draft/win Hanamura. The only exception I've seen that works is when we draft an ultra bursty Gengu/Zera/Rehgar comp that picked the enemy team apart

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Oh well, the game felt bad for me and gave me a 21/20/3 game as Zeratul. We were on the brink for a lot of the game because they happened to got an early keep on mines and even as we kept teamwiping them in the late game it was hard to win cause we were so pushed in and they had huge poke on the golem and was hard for us to engage at the keep. Any teamfight loss in the last 15m would have been an easy gg for them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I swear the next time I see another person pick Tyrande on my team I'm going to have to type in all caps. She's just underwhelming on all fronts with no escape mechanism, goddamn

Also, its Day 15~ and people still have not learned how to draft/win Hanamura. The only exception I've seen that works is when we draft an ultra bursty Gengu/Zera/Rehgar comp that picked the enemy team apart

Yeah, Tyrande is really not in a good place after that last rework. There's some good ideas there, but stuff like healing numbers are just way, way too low. Also, new Shadowstalk is really, really bad. 30s cooldown for Stealth as an Ult? Really?

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Shadowstalk gives you 30% movement speed and 50% attack speed, it has value. She's not a support now, she's a enabling assassin who has a heal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    What is it with genji players? We were up against a 3 man premade of Chogall and a pocket healer. He spent the whole game trying to trade with chogall by himself.

Elsewhere we had a Sgt Hammer attempting to duel Chromie with siege mode.

Predictable results.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Shadowstalk gives you 30% movement speed and 50% attack speed, it has value. She's not a support now, she's a enabling assassin who has a heal.

Shadowstalk makes her so annoying to try and kill in the right hands and also really fucking dangerous. Had one last night who was just using it to help her and Zeratul set up brutal 2 man ambushes from stealth. It wasn't even picking loners off. It was like "Hi, we're in the backline, killing your mens" burst someone down at the edge of a 5 man group and then run away.

• Options
    Sigh. People who take monstrosity on a team with murky into a butcher/zul'jin really frustrate me. We desperatly need teamfight and we have enough push. They won every fight because their abathur gave them an extra body all game and we couldn't ever stop butcher. 2 Anub's would have been able to CC lock him for me and hammer to kill, but as is we just fell over to charge lamb on anub over and over.

Abathur players are a bight on qm.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

My last Hanamura game I took Falstad Bribe and ended up with 19k XP for my team and solo pushed the forts on both lanes while Bribing everything in sight. The second-closest person in terms of XP for the entire game had 12k, and that was the other team's Azmodan. Everyone else on my team had <9k XP.

My efforts gave my team such a massive experience advantage that by the time both forts were down we were easily able to snowball a keep and push in the last payload for a win.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That feeling when you're on Braxis and you mostly have to use Self-destructs to clear out zerg waves because your team can't actually hold the points.

Also, the more I play against him, the more I wonder if Kharazim needs looking at. He seems like a goddamn monster lately.

Not bad today, though, went 7-3 with D'va in QM and got to Mastery 7.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Whatever. I give up. I'm around 15-20% winrate since last weekend. This is horrible and I just constantly get teams that can't do anything. I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point, blizzard just sets me up to fail over and over.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Whatever. I give up. I'm around 15-20% winrate since last weekend. This is horrible and I just constantly get teams that can't do anything. I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point, blizzard just sets me up to fail over and over.

Late night QM has been BAD since the patch. Not since the 2.0 patch, since the DVa patch. So many horrible games last night.

• Options
    On the plus side, been trying out Snipe build Nova with this build:
    http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/nova#hd5u
    (with Precision Barrage being replaced by Ghost Protocol at 20 as needed)

It's actually really effective. And really fun. You get that shit stacked and you are a fucking MONSTER at damage. Even outside teamfights. You can clear waves really well with Explosive Round at 5 stacks. And just firing into the enemy team, as long as you hit something, does a ton of damage.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I dinged player level 100 on the same match where I finished the Dva event.

So many loot boxes.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    shryke wrote: »

Late night QM has been BAD since the patch. Not since the 2.0 patch, since the DVa patch. So many horrible games last night.

I just don't know what to do. The only teams i get are ones who constantly want to brawl down heroes, down levels, just utter obliterations in every game. The map selection doesn't help because these are some of the worst comeback maps in the game, but even still even on good maps like Curse we wouldn't be able to do anything because we just constantly try to force garbage through a hail of my retreat pings.

Like, I got BM ping spammed and flamed because we were down 3 levels and was trying to catch up by farming mid and bot on infernal shrines and not trying to win a 4v5. Like, it's 17-14 and our Dehaka burrowed into their team and instantly died, we have zero chance in any fight what are you doing?

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I just don't know what to do. The only teams i get are ones who constantly want to brawl down heroes, down levels, just utter obliterations in every game. The map selection doesn't help because these are some of the worst comeback maps in the game, but even still even on good maps like Curse we wouldn't be able to do anything because we just constantly try to force garbage through a hail of my retreat pings.

Like, I got BM ping spammed and flamed because we were down 3 levels and was trying to catch up by farming mid and bot on infernal shrines and not trying to win a 4v5. Like, it's 17-14 and our Dehaka burrowed into their team and instantly died, we have zero chance in any fight what are you doing?

One thing I'm picking up on is that there is literally zero map awareness that you can expect from your teammates. I used to be able to pick a global and expect that my team is aware not to hard engage a 4v5 until I have shown up or am able to get a flank. Instead, everyone just fights all the time and then they blame you for "not being there" even though they literally died in 3 seconds and there was nothing I could do.

And yes, there's also this thing where people will fight constantly for any reason, particularly over objectives, even if they are behind levels or down multiple people.

I'm considering whether or not the old "carry" rules of soaking XP and trying to keep your team at a level parity are going out the window, and you just need to pick a strong hero that will win team fights and then babysit your teammates. The alternative is to play heroes like Murky or Zagara and just push so hard that the other team is forced to dedicate more than one hero to stop you, which then gives your potatoes a chance to actually do something with a numbers advantage.

Honestly though, I have no idea what to do. I'm at a loss when I'm getting put into games with people at 1300 MMR who have no idea what is going on and just die over and over again. My last solo queue game our team had a Stitches who literally ran into 1v5s and then blamed us for "not being there". No, motherfucker. Two people on our team were dead. You had no business being there in the first place. I'm bot lane trying to get us some much-needed XP because your ass keeps dying over and over again.

It sucks because this is a team game, and it's super duper fun when you have teammates who are at least trying to work together. But whatever this shit show is that has been going on lately, really needs to stop. And most of the time it's not even their fault, it's just the matchmaker fucking everything up. I had a game with a 30-game Li-Ming who was actually pretty good at staying safe, but just had zero map awareness and had no idea what was going on. At that point you can't really be toxic because the guy is just very obviously out of his depth and he's doing his best, but the mere fact that he was never with the rest of the team meant that we lost every single objective and every single fight, over and over again. What can you do at that point? Ask them to show up? And then what if they don't? What the fuck can you do that wouldn't be considered toxic behavior? All you have left is the quietude, the sinking feeling of losing a game over 15 minutes that you literally can't do anything about.

If anyone from Blizzard is reading this, please make it stop. Please. I am begging you. I am very close to hate playing this game when I am not grouped with anyone because of how shitty my teams are. This is not me being an elitist prick. There is something wrong, because even if you are seeing a 50% win rate the quality of the matches themselves are significantly worse. New people should not be getting placed so highly in the first place. Older players who have been gone for a long time need to have some kind of MMR decay. There should be a smaller acceptable spread of MMR between players in games. People who group together with wildly disparate MMRs should not then be dragging in solo players who lie outside that range in the first place.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I really want to see someone abuse this for a disgusting self-destruct kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByVzpMLJXls

If you have enough HP (or distractions), you could call mech back through the wall to get back out after self-destructing too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HL Hanamura:

Me: "Guys, if we stick together and focus down the top forts and bribe camps we can win."
    Them: "Ok, let's try it!"
    *pushing top wall hard 5v3*
    *Artanis and BW break off to defend our bot fort*

5 minutes later after team abandons to push cart and dies in the process:

Artanis: "Good plan bro"

OMFG! I hate Bronze league so much. Like, who cares if they take our bot fort, we have 5v3 w/me as Slyvannas. We'll take them out way faster than us. Then catapults do work. People just don't understand.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    QbeSA2T.jpg

what is this comp

WHAT IS THIS

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Triple Support is the new meta... 8-)

• Options
    I can't find the video, but apparently the strat for hanamura is literally draft as much push as you can and 5 man force a lane. Ignore other lane and payloads and just push it all the way down. Then repeat the other lane.

Hanamura is broken beyond reason and needs to be pulled from the rotation until they fix it. It's literally he who pushes most, wins. And I have literally never gotten to level 20 on it in 34 games played on hanamura. It's going to have to go through about 3 haunted mines level reworks before it's even playable.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I don't understand how the keyboard remapping(lack thereof) can still be this fucking terrible this late in the game's life.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I can't find the video, but apparently the strat for hanamura is literally draft as much push as you can and 5 man force a lane. Ignore other lane and payloads and just push it all the way down. Then repeat the other lane.

Hanamura is broken beyond reason and needs to be pulled from the rotation until they fix it. It's literally he who pushes most, wins. And I have literally never gotten to level 20 on it in 34 games played on hanamura. It's going to have to go through about 3 haunted mines level reworks before it's even playable.

I posted it two days ago. =P
    https://youtu.be/3aJNRJNFpJ0

I have tried to explain this in this thread before, but a visual example probably tells the story better than I can.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    that video is on the sub reddit now. Gonna spam the link in HL :)

Though honestly speaking, the video does an absolutely great job at deciphering the map mechanics but his strat works only because noone knows whats coming. Its just like the old Haunted Mines + Sylvanas / Hammer teams of yore, once people catch on and this sort of thing becomes common knowledge, you can build a team comp as a counter.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    lol, you get afked out in brawls now while on the choose a hero screen.

my team lost 3 players on each brawl round, enemy team never lost any. womp womp.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Quick Match is your team splitting up to do camps while the punisher is up pushing the enemy keep.

Then watching as like six goatmen die without accomplishing a goddamned thing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Play ranked so you get games and teammates at your skill level.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Optimistic. I stopped playing ranked because I was tired of expecting people to play better, and then watching them actively CHOOSE to throw us into QM-type scenarios.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Also, random question: I have more than one install of HotS due to multiple hard drive shenanigans. How do you figure out which one the client is pointing to?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    Yeah, being frustrated at your teammates is a problem that has existed since the first multiplayer team games have created. Here's some things/tips I've found out helps though:

1. Queue with people you know or are friends with. Atleast it'll be fun if you win or lose.
    2. At the end of the game, add people you think played well or was willing to learn in your friends list.
    3. Be friendly even if there's the worst idiot on your team. If there's someone on your team that is willing to be good humored about it they'll most likely support you.
    4. Compensation play, if there's an idiot that keeps going alone, stick together harder. Try to communicate to the rest of the team what your plan is. take the leadership role, even if you make a bad call, lose the game or die alone. If you do, try to admit your mistake(s) if any and willingness to learn. Hopefully you'll inspire someone else or make a difference.
    5. If all else fails, take a break after the game. Relax with something. Hug your pet, take a glass of water, eat some fruit, whatever. When you feel up to playing again, take your time and try to remember to have fun. If your goal is to get high in ranked games then even if losing demotes you, then try to keep this attitude up. What's the point if you can't have fun.

Heroes of the storm has as all other games people who only can focus on one thing at a time. If the objective is up, they go for it regardless of level difference or team comp. Being great at this game is about learning how your team is built and what it's strengths are, what the enemy strengths is and what talents/team work is needed to win.
    Just keep at it and hopefully you'll find yourself in games where the team works great together.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The matchmaking problem is WAY more apparent now that they're showing full player level on the loading screen too.

Like I was playing with @milk ducks yesterday, and I'm 600, he's 800-ish, and then we'd get, like.... a 400, a 300, and a 200 or something. Sometimes even as low as 100-ish.

It's very apparent that there's a skill discrepancy in those kinds of games. There was another game I was playing with a friend a few days ago. Haunted Mines, the Mines phase literally just finished, right? Friend and myself go to push out lanes. ...Our team decides to go and engage the enemy team where the Boss was down in the Mines.

Even though there's literally no reason to do so. All the Skulls have been claimed! Boss is dead! Why the FUCK would you then engage the enemy team into a 3v5 and then bitch at us when y'all just threw the fucking game?

Zero map awareness, zero macro skills, zero decision making.

All people wanna do is just fuckin' fight each other like this is some sort of Deathmatch mode, even if we're down in numbers or levels or talent tiers.

But yeah like, Ducks and I were encountering games like that one in QM yesterday, it was fucking rough. Had a game with a Profile Level 150 Chromie on BoE who died like 8 times in 10 minutes. Fortunately we decided to swap to Unranked right after and we fukken crushed. ...But even then, the matchmaker was kinda just throwing together whoever it felt like. We saw a level 1400 on the enemy team get matched with people sub-500. Hell, sub-400. That shouldn't ever happen.

I dunno. I'm trying to just take it in stride. Like, it happens, that's just the game. Sometimes you just get fucked on the loading screen because your teammates have barely played the game and yet the matchmaker decided to group you up anyway. Ahhhh well....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    Yea, those games can be awful. When one or three players just do mistakes that throw the game or the heroes composition just isn't in your favour.

I do think listing the player level in the profile picture is a mistake. Since any person can reach high enough levels after a while, just being a low player level doesn't mean that player isn't skilled at all. They could have experience from a different moba and apply the same principles. There are also high level players who is trying out a new hero without learning how they work.

Last game I played, I was in a game with a level 42 player. He got in due to getting in match maker with a much higher level player as a teammate.He did alright, some odd talent choices but super fine. So judging a person by their player level doesn't always work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The single thing that I struggle with in MOBA's the most: Support.

I am absolutely willing to play Support. It's definitely not as fun sometimes, but I'm totally willing to play Support for my team. I'm not bad at it.

However, your ability to carry a team is hurt if you go Support. If you're going to carry, you need to be an Assassin or Bruiser. And time and time again, I've seen that honestly the best play in long term ranked play is to aggressively move to be the carry, bullying other people into going Support. Even risking bad comp in some games or going Support-less will be preferable because you'll end up as the carry more often and able to drag your team to winning more often.

And all the other good players know this too. It's like a prisoner's dilemma, and when everyone knows the game theory it actually fucks you over. At that point, the only solution is friends who will rotate who supports when you queue together. And that isn't going to help me much because I'll mostly be solo queuing.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Anyone streaming tomorrow's PA event? I know @MNC Dover said he might but I was hoping to co-sign with someone and piggyback on their stuff.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Speaking of the tournament, we've got teams (alphabetically listed to protect draft order)! Let me know if you want a cool team name.

Go time is 12pm(PST)/3pm(EST), but try and show up a few minutes early if possible to get lobbies and voice chat set-up. Also, add everyone else on your team ASAP to avoid more confusion. I'll be streaming live on my twitch page with the VODs posted after. Anyone else want to stream/commentate? Perhaps @KoopahTroopah ?

MNC Dover presents: The Nexus Throwdown II: Genji's Revenge

Welcome to the second PA forums mini-tournament. This tournament will follow the format of the last one from back in February and have our player base get split into two teams (or more if necessary). After our player pool is generated, we'll assign team captains who draft from the player pool. Then the teams face off in a Bo3 using a map selection/draft format ala HGC.

Official rules:
    1. Bo3
    2. Each team bans 2 maps before starting
    3. Coin flip to determine who goes first
    4. Winner determines if they want to pick map or first draft selection
    5. Draft as normal (Team League)
    6. Losing team chooses map or first draft
    7. Continue until winner

Teams:

Etiowsa's Team
    • Auralynx (#1772) - Gold (Tank/Fill)
    • Etiowsa (#1986) - Platinum (Assassin/Fill)
    • GoodKingJayIII (threeve#1501) - Bronze (Tank/Support)
    • Kime (#1822) - Platinum (Fill)
    • Korror (Nullpointer#1191) - Gold (Support/Specialist)

Finnith's Team
    • CareerKnight (#1440) - ? (Fill)
    • Finnith (CavilatRest#1874) - Platinum (Tank/Assassin)
    • Invictus (#1222) - Gold (Tank/Fill)
    • Kieri (#1440) - Gold (Assassin/Support)
    • MNC Dover (#1994) - Bronze (Tank/Assassin)

Maps:

All maps will be available but each team, starting with Finnith's, will get to ban 2 maps.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Optimistic. I stopped playing ranked because I was tired of expecting people to play better, and then watching them actively CHOOSE to throw us into QM-type scenarios.

Did you see my post earlier about losing three games in a row HARD during draft? Ugh. Like, everything is SO bad right now. No idea what the problem is, but something definitely changed for the worse across every format. And having 4 gdamned 2 lane maps in the rotation isn't helping.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    The single thing that I struggle with in MOBA's the most: Support.

I am absolutely willing to play Support. It's definitely not as fun sometimes, but I'm totally willing to play Support for my team. I'm not bad at it.

However, your ability to carry a team is hurt if you go Support. If you're going to carry, you need to be an Assassin or Bruiser. And time and time again, I've seen that honestly the best play in long term ranked play is to aggressively move to be the carry, bullying other people into going Support. Even risking bad comp in some games or going Support-less will be preferable because you'll end up as the carry more often and able to drag your team to winning more often.

And all the other good players know this too. It's like a prisoner's dilemma, and when everyone knows the game theory it actually fucks you over. At that point, the only solution is friends who will rotate who supports when you queue together. And that isn't going to help me much because I'll mostly be solo queuing.

This is why literally refuse to play Morales anymore. I got her to 15, I'm done. You just, you can't play support right now with the current matchmaker. Keeping idiots alive for way longer than they should be honestly just reinforces bad habits. And the thing is, I LIKE playing several supports! Uther, Kharazim, Lucio, Tyrande, Auriel... these are fun characters (especially Uther, he's a Tank AND a Healer right now, all the stuns, all the armor, all the heals), but I just can't if I want to win. And it really sucks. Like, I was playing this morning with @MMMig and CavilatRest on Haunted Mines as D.Va, and I got jumped alone in the mines by Genji and Gazlowe, and I killed them both, then typed "idiots" in chat, because they were. They absolutely should have killed me, but they both died because they were pretty terrible.

Win or lose, it just seems a rarity to get a good game anymore, and the current overemphasis on 2-lane maps just makes it a lot worse, plus Hanamura.. God, pull it from the rotation already. Always, ALWAYS just a huge ****show. Worst map 2017 by far.

• Options
    I was surprised at how fun Malf is right now. If you take his full kit including Cleanse (and if you can get away with shrink ray instead of ice block) you are CONSTANTLY doing stuff. That's super fun! Morales and Lili are boring to me even if good, because I don't need to do much more than faceroll the keyboard and hope my teammates don't suck.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Anyone else want to stream/commentate? Perhaps KoopahTroopah ?
    I'd love to be of service but I can not. Tomorrow is booked with my reward dinner for CHOP for Extra-Life, and then a Beer & Wine fest at Citizen's Bank Park. Good luck teams!

• Options
    You need a beer and wine fest to watch the Phillies these days, so that all checks out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.