Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I think in Austin a mohawk could fly, but I worry about one in the office environment here.

Specifically I worry about getting fired.

E: I'm going to the hair cut place now. I'm feeling drastically unhappy so who the fuck knows how this will go.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    90c6bcc09877a0f5d49d31d85441f07d.jpg

Also I have just had all the clothes made, but it is too warm to photograph.

(Plus I'm in an airport)

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

All I can do is go ooooh like the aliens in Toy Story. I really want to see a shot with her eyes open though because I bet that looks equally cool and weird at the same time.

The gal in the picture is https://www.instagram.com/lunafortun/ there's bunch of other impressive looks there, I find it remarkable what you can do with just flat paint and a lot of skill.

This doesn't even look real. This looked photoshopped. If I saw this in real life, my head might explode. This is the coolest thing I have seen in a while.

What the FUCK is this SORCERY?!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's basically a kindle, just imagine strips of the tech that makes the kindle screen, but on a more flexible medium.

Here's some more details on kind of how it works:

https://phys.org/news/2011-05-e-ink-video.html

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I want clothes like that but its ribbons are just slowly scrolling tickers of all the things I've liked on social media.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I want clothes like that but its ribbons are just slowly scrolling tickers of all the things I've liked on social media.

slowly scrolling tickers of all my regrets

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I gotta wonder how heavy that dress is though.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    with or without the regret

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    a 36 year old mum with a silver and purple Mohawk with an undercut.

Sounds awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I gotta wonder how heavy that dress is though.

E-ink is actually really light and generally the displays are under 1mm thin. The real problems are more likely to be flexibility and actually keeping the panels together when the user is in motion. Also the edges would probably be sharp and annoying.

(This was probably made by a company showing off the flexibility of their panels. We're a good while away from marketable e-ink clothes like this.)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I still want vantablack clothes.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I want an e-ink dress that can also function like that Caress of the Gaze shirt, and just when your eyes drift away it flickers like fingers and shadows.

Then you look at it and it's just a normal dress.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I still want vantablack clothes.
    not in this weather you don't D:

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I look disastrous in hats.

Also Blake thank you! It is much different now, though. I super liked it last summer. I keep looking at pictures of myself from summer and fall and being like aww, you used to be adorable.

NOW YOU'RE A SLUDGE MONSTER.

So yes, now it is different and worse. Much worse. :|

How much are you willing to pay? One of the issues I knew of in Singapore were basically the same problem I had here in Australia for the first few years: a lack of people who know what to do with your type of hair. The good news is that you're in Singapore, which means there ARE folks who will know how to fix almost anything, but then it comes down to cost.

And, might I ask, where did you go for this most recent cut?

FWIW I'm sorry this happened; I empathize cuz yeah it SUCKS to have a shitty cut, especially when you've had baller hair before. I hope you find a solution!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2017
    Yeah I had atrocious haircuts when I lived in Germany because I was in a small, very German town and they couldn't handle my kind of stupid curly frizz hair.

tynic on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Yeah I had atrocious haircuts when I lived in Germany because I was in a small, very German town and they couldn't handle my kind of stupid curly frizz hair.

In unrelated news: There is a small, very German town that is missing a few hairdressers. Witnesses say that the victims were last seen being strangled and then consumed by what appeared to have been lengths of hair. Witnesses were then reminded that they were, in fact, also German, and thus knew nothing.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

if you badmouth your awesome hair again i will call the police
    1410915283_hair_police.jpg

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    But do the US hair police even have jurisdiction over tynic's hair?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Also Blake thank you! It is much different now, though. I super liked it last summer. I keep looking at pictures of myself from summer and fall and being like aww, you used to be adorable.

How much are you willing to pay? One of the issues I knew of in Singapore were basically the same problem I had here in Australia for the first few years: a lack of people who know what to do with your type of hair. The good news is that you're in Singapore, which means there ARE folks who will know how to fix almost anything, but then it comes down to cost.

FWIW I'm sorry this happened; I empathize cuz yeah it SUCKS to have a shitty cut, especially when you've had baller hair before. I hope you find a solution!

I'd like to pay under a hundred. Preferably more like 60 since I never do color, but I know that may not be possible.

I went to Scissors Art around Paya Lebar (on Joo Chiat Road). I like the stylist, and this is only the second time I've gone to her - my issue I think is partially that the majority of people here don't go for adventurous hairstyles. So when I was like "I want it to look like a shag mullet" I don't think she took me seriously necessarily. Also this time around I was in such a bad hair/body hatred place that I had trouble verbalizing what I wanted other than "GET THE HAIR AWAY."

Part of the problem is also travel time. I've got a friend who goes up to like Yishun for her hair and I'm like girl I am not going all the way to Yishun on a weekday evening unless this person is a literal certified Hair Wizard.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    a 36 year old mum with a silver and purple Mohawk with an undercut.

Sounds awesome.

Oh I agree. I'm just not sure I have the confidence to pull it off.

I'm thinking about that video I saw a while ago with dyed roots that you only noticed if the hair was in motion. So all normal looking in the surface, but shiny oil slick like colours underneath.

Kinda like this,
    https://youtu.be/2jCYeHlBibs

But again, the thought of the amount of money is have to spend too get that, plus the confidence to pull it off... I don't think I have.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

I'd like to pay under a hundred. Preferably more like 60 since I never do color, but I know that may not be possible.

I went to Scissors Art around Paya Lebar (on Joo Chiat Road). I like the stylist, and this is only the second time I've gone to her - my issue I think is partially that the majority of people here don't go for adventurous hairstyles. So when I was like "I want it to look like a shag mullet" I don't think she took me seriously necessarily. Also this time around I was in such a bad hair/body hatred place that I had trouble verbalizing what I wanted other than "GET THE HAIR AWAY."

Part of the problem is also travel time. I've got a friend who goes up to like Yishun for her hair and I'm like girl I am not going all the way to Yishun on a weekday evening unless this person is a literal certified Hair Wizard.

Yishun?! WTFFFFF.

The good news is that most places I know about should be charging less than S$100 for a cut, unless prices have gone way up in the last few years. But all will be charging more than $60.

The Expat Hair Studio is on the same street as Scissors Art, I think. Hair on Erskine is somewhere near Chinatown and the old standby is Toni & Guy, which has multiple locations.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Ok so this is most of the stuff I got in Vietnam.

Here is my new leather jacket, which is a bit more cherry red/brown that this photo implies, it's a good soft leather with a neato texture to it as well.
    JrBq3kb.jpg

And here is my cheapo grey suit jacket I got for work, I also got some navy pants and some brown pants done as well. I also got the pink shirt seen in the photo too.
    Dd40y4B.jpg

And here is my new Peacoat that I am Super Pleased with, but desperately need to give a quick steam.
    u4RZu4O.jpg

And finally, #doyouevenwamshot
    t1XVGcy.jpg
    SYsUset.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    those jackets all look great on you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Very stylish, sir! Especially loving the leather jacket and the peacoat.

Things which I keep in a box in a closet now for 50 weeks of the year...

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hello fashion thread

I rarely post my own stuff in here anymore, as there is very little variety in your clothing when you settle into the guiding mantra of all black all the time

But last night I was at an ostensibly princess themed bachelorette party, and I had to change some things up
    49IoW8G.jpg?1

Close up of the makeup

Fg11KwV.jpg

My primary guiding inspirations were the Goblin King and that sexy vodka robot, I think I did pretty well

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    That's a quality chaos wizard.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Ikeaaaaaaaa

stunsig-bag__0504486_PE633326_S4.JPG

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Recovering from surgery is really boring, so I'm on ASOS looking at dresses and pretending I have fancy occasions to which I'd wear them.

Also, I had to change what shoes I was wearing for my upcoming wedding, because it's probably going to be a good long while before I wear four-inch heels. Instead, I bought these:

ke4i6r2p8efp.jpg

They cost me more than my dress did, but totally worth it.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Fashion thread, I need sneakers

These are my current set (Tretorn Rodlera), but they are like 2 years old by now, and don't seem to be sold anywhere any more in my size
    473059-03-1_1.jpg

I am looking for something similar

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I can't really help out buuuuut

Dem's good shoes.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey folks! Uhh general clothing question
    So I'm transitioning and also since I am slightly more confident re body shit I'm trying to get less baggy clothes. My jeans are on the way out and I'm looking at others soon. As an individual with wider shoulders, should I go for just regular straight leg pants or are skinny jeans ok?

I'm a 36*32 and have no idea what size that is in lady sizes (12-16 depending on brand from what I can see) and I normally buy lady clothes off of Amazon since I'm not THAT confident to do this stuff at actual stores just yet. I guess dude jeans are probably ok?

Anyway yeah straight leg or skinny jeans?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Hey folks! Uhh general clothing question
    So I'm transitioning and also since I am slightly more confident re body shit I'm trying to get less baggy clothes. My jeans are on the way out and I'm looking at others soon. As an individual with wider shoulders, should I go for just regular straight leg pants or are skinny jeans ok?

I'm a 36*32 and have no idea what size that is in lady sizes (12-16 depending on brand from what I can see) and I normally buy lady clothes off of Amazon since I'm not THAT confident to do this stuff at actual stores just yet. I guess dude jeans are probably ok?

Anyway yeah straight leg or skinny jeans?

IMO the absolute best way to handle this is to try things on in-store and see what you like, but if you're not comfortable with that yet, try to aim for places that have free return shipping, so you're not running any risks, and try both! Also consider trying a size up or down at the same time.

Skinny jeans are do-able at any size. Straight leg jeans are not as popular from what I can tell because they tend to be considered more "mom jeans" (but I am speaking as somebody who's looking at people in their mid twenties through early 30's, apologies to anybody reading this who likes straight leg!). I personally tend to buy flare or skinny jeans, but that's the cut that suits my body type best. Check to see what the inseams on the pants are when you're buying them (if that info is available) - you may need a Long or L-length cut. Not every jean offers Short/Long cuts, but they're great when you see 'em!

One more tip: find jeans that offer ample stretch if you go for some skinnies. I personally like ones with lots of stretch, because it lets me sit down at my computer without my stomach being compressed. Again though, feel free to buy a handful of different things that have free return shipping, and see what you like! :)

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I know Old Navy isn't exactly Fashion-Fashion but once you order over $50 shipping is free (if slow), they have a wide range of sizes (if a bit inconsistent depending on the item), you can order a range of pant styles, and they do free returns in-store on most items you can order online. they also have tall options for pants and shirts in lady sizes and they've always got some kinda sale shit going on. if you can't afford to have cash tied up in shit you've ordered to try on, they'll approve everybody and their dog for a credit card.

I know it isn't like, super duper fashionable but it could give you a good idea of how certain cuts fit on you and what sizes you need

also skinny jeans work on anybody imo

- my biggest complaint about old navy pants is very specific to me, which is that I have the shortest rise in existence - low rise jeans sit at my belly button - and now they only sell medium and high rises so I can't buy pants there anymore

cabsy on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks a bunch!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Old Navy's slim cut jeans are the most comfortable jeans I currently can find and pretty much just buy those from now on.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    - my biggest complaint about old navy pants is very specific to me, which is that I have the shortest rise in existence - low rise jeans sit at my belly button - and now they only sell medium and high rises so I can't buy pants there anymore

hello friend who has the exact same issue as me yes hello

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

hello friend who has the exact same issue as me yes hello

I am like one of three people who mourned the downfall of the low rise because until they come back around again all of my jeans will hit my fucking ribcage

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Trying to decide what to wear to a work(ish) barbeque tomorrow.
    I usually like to mix things up a little on the weekends, cause I live in the same engineer-casual stuff all week, but j also gotta cycle, and hang out with my boss's husband. Plus the temperature is supposed to drop noticeably.

Currently leaning towards evening gown and leather jacket, but that might change.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Trying to decide what to wear to a work(ish) barbeque tomorrow.
    I usually like to mix things up a little on the weekends, cause I live in the same engineer-casual stuff all week, but j also gotta cycle, and hang out with my boss's husband. Plus the temperature is supposed to drop noticeably.

Currently leaning towards evening gown and leather jacket, but that might change.

How far off is that from looking like some sort of swing-era private detective? Could you accessorize your way there?

This discussion has been closed.