Options

[chat]ing with Babish

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I cook the cheap ten cent packs of ramen, then drain them (getting rid of the broth) then toss some butter in the pot and pot fry them with some meat and sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce.

yes I do this is it best

eel sauce or hoisin work well too

lovely sticky little noodles

mmmmmm

YESSS HOISIN sauce!

The shit they only give you like a spoonfull of if you get moo shu!

That shit is GOLD

it's not even that expensive at the grocery store

asian food places are creating false scarcity

I blame Nintendo, obviously

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm taking this headset back tomorrow, I fucking hate it.

Which one?
    HappylilElf Logitech G430.

@Henroid

Oh ok

I have the G933 and I like them quite a bit.

What drove you nuts about the G430?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Guys

a) What do I do with a body

b) How can I make it so that now I own the house

a) Tradition calls for putting it under the floorboards

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Our old kitchen sink
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Now the ultimate question

Who coined the term going to hell in a hand basket and wtf what does that even mean

Before Montana became a state, their primary market good was woven baskets, and the most popular version by far was the hand sized model, produced in the city of Helena.

Eventually it became apparent that these were not particularly useful objects, but people kept buying them as objects d'art and conversation pieces.

Nowadays when a company or institution is doing useless or stupid things, we say they're "going to Helena Handbasket."

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    alright you all seem safe and sound. That's good

If there's any bushcraft/survivalist/camping stuff you want to see me do week after next you need to batsignal me cause I'll have a camera with me for the week.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Guys

a) Breaking Bad s1e2 for helpful tips

b) Big Mamma's film franchise for more tips

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Guys

a) Become friends with a pig farmer

b) Become friends with a shady Notary

• Options

If there's any bushcraft/survivalist/camping stuff you want to see me do week after next you need to batsignal me cause I'll have a camera with me for the week.

Tomb Raider's crafting tree has led me to believe you can craft a quality makeshift bow out of little more than a sturdy branch, some leather scraps, boar fat, and a climbing ax

• Options
    Guys

yes this is better

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I always knew it was another think coming.

Like, you're gonna realize your first thought was stupid soon.

Think isn't a noun, though, so that's awful

"Thing" is barely better but it's backed by Judas Priest at least

Language is mutable duuuuuude :p

You realize this is an argument for "you've got another thing coming" right

And if you thought that was a good counter-point, you've got another thing coming.
    spool32 wrote: »
    The best way to express just how chill and casual you are is to repeatedly say aloud that you are casual and chill.

and fight anyone who disagrees obvsly

And the faster you go from proclaiming your chillness to fighting those who disagree shows precisely the chill factor you possess.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Narwhal

For the body, you're gonna need a lot of lime powder and you need to dig at least 10 feet. Any less and you've got problems

Plant a garden over the body. Herbs, wildflowers, whatever.

For the house, just come to TN and live at the compound, but if you try to kill me, don't try to kill me.

• Options

Tomb Raider's crafting tree has led me to believe you can craft a quality makeshift bow out of little more than a sturdy branch, some leather scraps, boar fat, and a climbing ax

actually that's not far off. I need to make a bow out of paracord and saplings sometime.

Bows are REALLY easy to make, and REALLY hard to master.

Arrows, on the other hand, are fucking HARD

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I hope you all had a fantastic day.

Went over for brunch this morning with friends I hadn't seen for a while.
    Took nap while watching NBA.
    Successful neighborhood canvass.
    Gonna eat thai food soon.

GOOD STUFF.

How about your day though AH?

mine was a bit of a wreck recovering from a massive hangover and a hard night but all is well. Wife is happy. I am happy, and big camping trip is five days out

Happy waifu, happy laifu

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    a
    Guys

yes this is better

The pig farmer thing is harder in Canada though, thanks to Robert Pickton

Really shut down the pig farm as a body disposal industry

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I think I've realized that battlegrounds is Dayz without the bullshit, and the mechanic of forcing everyone to one point on the map keeps it from dragging on forever

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    So me and ked were talking last night about how Stellaris makes it real easy to slip into some evil Hitler shit

I recently started a game as the Muad'dib of Arrakis, a desert-dwelling race of sentient mammals who are fanatically religious and authoritatian (mostly because my last game was fanatically materialist egalitarians and I wanted to try something new)

One of my neighbours declared war on me a little while ago and, uh, here's some text

3rWhxWO.png?1

• Options
    Happy spouse happy house

There I just removed the problematic patriarchal connotations

• Options
    Narwhal

For the body, you're gonna need a lot of lime powder and you need to dig at least 10 feet. Any less and you've got problems

For the house, just come to TN and live at the compound, but if you try to kill me, don't try to kill me.

Sounds good!

Don't cheer when my sports teams are eliminated, and we've got a deal.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    So me and ked were talking last night about how Stellaris makes it real easy to slip into some evil Hitler shit

I recently started a game as the Muad'dib of Arrakis, a desert-dwelling race of sentient mammals who are fanatically religious and authoritatian (mostly because my last game was fanatically materialist egalitarians and I wanted to try something new)

One of my neighbours declared war on me a little while ago and, uh, here's some text

http://i.imgur.com/3rWhxWO.png?1

Man

Just use robots, you literal Hitler

• Options
    Narwhal

Sounds good!

Don't cheer when my sports teams are eliminated, and we've got a deal.

Deal. I don't care about sports, which is weird because I played them for over 15 years but like I just don't care.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Cheap microsoft headsets for life.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2017

Man

man NPR had this story on as I drove home tonight about how IBM already has Watson working stealth as a customer service agent at a call center and how literally none of the callers noticed and it was the first time I've really been scared of the future

give me my blanket and clean off my porch rocker

Atomika on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Man

We're fanatic spiritualist psychics, we can't build robots since they are anathema to the living spirit

• Options

Man

man NPR had this story on as I drove home tonight about how IBM already has Watson working stealth as a customer service agent at a call center and how literally none of the callers noticed and it was the first time I've really been scared of the future

Droids get a bonus for mineral extraction and count as chattle! They don't even have feelings! It's win-win!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Man

We're fanatic spiritualist psychics, we can't build robots since they are anathema to the living spirit

Have you found the FTL spice yet

I feel like you could not call this playthrough any kind of success until the Maud'dib begin snorting warp spice

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Happy spouse happy house

There I just removed the problematic patriarchal connotations
    Poly erasure tho

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    this video really gave me some new thoughts about Age of Ultron and improved my overall feelings on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YWVne9pDE

the movie has some tonal and pacing issues but when you zoom in on the details it's much more coherent than it strictly needs to be and there's a lot going on under the hood

@Jacobkosh this was real interesting, i agree with what you said about how the movie is really well thought out

i'm still not a huge fan, but i like it more after watching this video, as you said

sig.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    - "have your cake and eat it" originally meant "to both retain one's cake and still have eaten it"

Wait, what ELSE could it mean other than that? When has it ever not meant that?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options

Man

You're the baddies, yes :P

• Options
    Have you dealt with a human customer service person recently

Honestly the robot is probably a vast improvement in personality, intelligence, and helpfulness

No offense to any chatters who work in customer service

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I think it's awesome that random like pro nba players are on twitch streaming games and stuff.

• Options
    There's a guy in G&T who italicizes any text he puts in parentheses, and he uses parentheses a lot

It drives me nuts

Also here's some BULLSHIT: the phrase "you've got another thing coming" is apparently a malapropism. It's "you've got another think coming."

As in "you think X? You've got another think coming."

Straight up, that's really stupid. That's far worse than the new version of the phrase.

My mind is blown

But also I love nouning but hate verbing, so I can appreciate the intentional ungrammatical use

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am a prisoner of my own butt

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hey so if any peeps want to come to Folsom or if y'all want me to drive out on a weekend and you're in a 2 hour drive

Hey!

It's Havelock time

3kjbyc17arq1.jpg

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

you're a prisoning of your own butting

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Hey so if any peeps want to come to Folsom or if y'all want me to drive out on a weekend and you're in a 2 hour drive

Hey!

It's Havelock time

3kjbyc17arq1.jpg

you are banned from visiting me unless you regrow your beard

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

All of us, prisoners of our own asses.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options

Man

the thing that most surprises me about this is voice to text has advanced so far

on the other hand, we could interpret this the opposite way - specifically that customer service folk fail the turing test

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Hey!

It's Havelock time

3kjbyc17arq1.jpg

you are banned from visiting me unless you regrow your beard

Apo

I never had a beard

At best I had hair trying to be a beard

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    someday

I don't know why

I am going to get drunk

get one of those awful visual novel games on steam

stream it

and either laugh or puke or both until I pass out or finish the game

This discussion has been closed.