Options

[chat]ing with Babish

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    SHAdow madadame is the first real boss fight eh @bloodyroarxx

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    I've been laying in bed since 9 pm. Can't fall asleep, threat still hurts and mouth is dry. Ugh. Let me sleeeeep.

porp when I had my tonsils out I couldn't eat or drink for several days and threw up from dehydration in a walgreens and my mom had to threaten me with hospitalization to get me to consume anything at all, and then all I would have was yellow gatorade

what I'm saying is I deeply sympathize, that shit is the worst, I hope u feel better soon

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    tbf tho yellow gatorade is p tasty

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Took me 3 hours to fall asleep tonight for zero reason

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    I've been laying in bed since 9 pm. Can't fall asleep, threat still hurts and mouth is dry. Ugh. Let me sleeeeep.

porp when I had my tonsils out I couldn't eat or drink for several days and threw up from dehydration in a walgreens and my mom had to threaten me with hospitalization to get me to consume anything at all, and then all I would have was yellow gatorade

what I'm saying is I deeply sympathize, that shit is the worst, I hope u feel better soon
    Also drink Gatorade.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Been thinking about pursuing a career as a veterinary assistant but fuck, don't think I could handle being involved in euthanizing animals. I've had issues with depression in the past so not sure I could really take it.

I think I could handle just about any other part of the job but that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I showed chu the truth

"We are not looking for the best possible human male specimen that we can find, one that matches our advanced degrees and our amazing jobs and our salt-of-the-earth friends. We are just looking for someone who makes us laugh and sees us clearly."

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Been thinking about pursuing a career as a veterinary assistant but fuck, don't think I could handle being involved in euthanizing animals. I've had issues with depression in the past so not sure I could really take it.

Presumably the real difficulty would be in seeing animals suffer - compared to that euthanasia would be and is indeed a kindness. Which isn't to say it isn't awful, but I believe that the more awful parts would be the parts before.

I remain beyond traumatised by taking my dog to the vet after he had been hit by a car and that was almost half a lifetime ago

• Options

So that won't lead to depression probably though if you are depressed this part of the job would be exacerbated. Depression is an unnatural state where thoughts are bent.

When animals are euthanized because they're old or sick, it's preventing future pain and a short lifespan. Of course, we do have massive overpopulations so it gets done for no reason. That's rough.

A good vet tech saved my cats life by helping me understand how to do fluid injections on my angry girl cat. Without Leah my cat would be dead because I didn't know how to corral someone who didn't understand that I had to stab her to save her life.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    braundo

it has what porp's crave

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    werner von braundo

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

So that won't lead to depression probably though if you are depressed this part of the job would be exacerbated. Depression is an unnatural state where thoughts are bent.

When animals are euthanized because they're old or sick, it's preventing future pain and a short lifespan. Of course, we do have massive overpopulations so it gets done for no reason. That's rough.

A good vet tech saved my cats life by helping me understand how to do fluid injections on my angry girl cat. Without Leah my cat would be dead because I didn't know how to corral someone who didn't understand that I had to stab her to save her life.

how to corral? Please to be elaborating as to the recommended technique

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Noooo I have a sore throat when I swallow

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    As I understand it the problem vet techs have isn't with the old and sick pets, it's the sheer number of kittens and puppies that they have to kill because of industrialized pet breeding.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

For her I had to be soothing then stern

I keep one hand on her scruff and prick her then one on her butt and I say very nice things in a soothing voice

When she gets mad I say no I love you shut up in a nice voice

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwaifu's cold has evolved from viral to bacterial so now I have to play nurse, and not in the hot way, but the "fetching tea and making sure she takes her medicine" way

Gray's Anatomy vastly oversold the potential sexiness of medical care

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/HJ73OyavJOM

@elldren

There is an entire genre of youtube videos of things you probably shouldn't drift in drifting with the Initial D sound track.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    As I understand it the problem vet techs have isn't with the old and sick pets, it's the sheer number of kittens and puppies that they have to kill because of industrialized pet breeding.

nooooooooo

• Options

I keep one hand on her scruff and prick her then one on her butt and I say very nice things in a soothing voice

I assume that, in this instance, catching her wasn't the issue?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Pretty much all Swedish media has been shouting about how Trump asked the same question to Merkel 11 times before he "understood" the answer for several days now.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    One of our neighbors breeds springer spaniels although I don't believe it's on a "puppy mill" scale.

She gave us a puppy many years ago because it was born with some sort of vision defect(which got fixed) and she wouldn't be able to sell it or breed it.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

Nah, my cats let me get them whenever I want with minimal chasing. Even when she knew what was coming. I'm her dad and from my all good things flow.

We actually got more bonded over this I feel. She didn't resent the pricks, I think she knew she felt better after all and that I cared.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I showed chu the truth

"We are not looking for the best possible human male specimen that we can find, one that matches our advanced degrees and our amazing jobs and our salt-of-the-earth friends. We are just looking for someone who makes us laugh and sees us clearly."

Was your friend and mine, Organ I. Chubert, looking for The One

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    I showed chu the truth

Was your friend and mine, Organ I. Chubert, looking for The One

oh nah

this was in reference to his hunt

i ain't be tryna fuck all that much right now because you gotta love yourself first and i feel real bad about my body 8)

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Pretty much all Swedish media has been shouting about how Trump asked the same question to Merkel 11 times before he "understood" the answer for several days now.

Obligatory "Only eleven?" Post

• Options

Nah, my cats let me get them whenever I want with minimal chasing. Even when she knew what was coming. I'm her dad and from my all good things flow.

We actually got more bonded over this I feel. She didn't resent the pricks, I think she knew she felt better after all and that I cared.

I like this story

Elke the Drain Cat is nearly impossible to catch if she isn't lounging. Despite clearly viewing us as protectors and she's still a stray despite how young she was when we found her and running away from anything/everything is a strong response.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    I like this article:

The Crucible of the Application Process

http://quillette.com/2017/04/20/crucible-application-process/
    When I would show these drafts to my writing fellows or scholarship advisors, the first question they would ask, almost unanimously, was but why do you care about extreme poverty?

Well, because there’s no single problem on earth responsible for more suffering or needless waste of human life, I would respond.

Yes, but why do you care about extreme poverty?

What on earth did they mean? A number of them followed up by asking if I had witnessed anyone living in extreme poverty. No, I hadn’t. Had I or anyone I know ever contracted malaria or a neglected tropical disease? No. Did I feel I had a responsibility to the developing world as a beneficiary of colonialism? Not particularly. How did my privilege and my identity as a White Westerner contribute to my decision to focus on extreme poverty? It didn’t.

I would have these exchanges over and over again throughout my application process. My essays would state that extreme poverty was the greatest problem in the world and I wanted to help solve it. They would ask why I wanted to help solve it. Because it’s the greatest problem in the world, I would say. And my interlocutor would respond with utter bafflement.

the problem here, for me, is not that radical leftism is bad but that academics insist on practicing the dumbest possible version of it

• Options
    this game is underway

• Options
    my only problem with nazi captain america is that you can't just give cap the exact same personality except now he's a nazi

like, you can't have a nazi who is reasonable and compassionate. it's ruled out by the very nature of nazism

• Options
    I like this article:

When I would show these drafts to my writing fellows or scholarship advisors, the first question they would ask, almost unanimously, was but why do you care about extreme poverty?

Well, because there’s no single problem on earth responsible for more suffering or needless waste of human life, I would respond.

What on earth did they mean? A number of them followed up by asking if I had witnessed anyone living in extreme poverty. No, I hadn’t. Had I or anyone I know ever contracted malaria or a neglected tropical disease? No. Did I feel I had a responsibility to the developing world as a beneficiary of colonialism? Not particularly. How did my privilege and my identity as a White Westerner contribute to my decision to focus on extreme poverty? It didn’t.

I would have these exchanges over and over again throughout my application process. My essays would state that extreme poverty was the greatest problem in the world and I wanted to help solve it. They would ask why I wanted to help solve it. Because it’s the greatest problem in the world, I would say. And my interlocutor would respond with utter bafflement.

the problem here, for me, is not that radical leftism is bad but that academics insist on practicing the dumbest possible version of it

some of the comments, I found quite hilarious:

"You have advisors and practice panels, CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!"

and

"Author looks like a fratboy, they could probably tell he was after self aggrandizement rather than caring about the issues"

• Options
    my only problem with nazi captain america is that you can't just give cap the exact same personality except now he's a nazi

like, you can't have a nazi who is reasonable and compassionate. it's ruled out by the very nature of nazism

Ah but you see they're not Nazis because Magneto is cool with wofay894c98cah88c 8h89hLC*£*rf'f89r*(WALUIGIIIh8c\c4c9f24h8\ofzyvz8wzryfvz7c4ytrvc9z7\ty4er7certvgrlf

• Options
    The Good German indeed

• Options
    Is Captain America now a villain?

I would assume so, but in this workaday world of shock, satire and the law of poe, who can tell

• Options
    I like this article:

some of the comments, I found quite hilarious:

"You have advisors and practice panels, CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!"

and

"Author looks like a fratboy, they could probably tell he was after self aggrandizement rather than caring about the issues"

all of the comments on both sides on both sides are pretty comic

the guy sounds like a nerd and would probably annoy me on a personal level but, like - the effective-altruist crowd still want to give money to poor people, they're not the Capitalist Enemy

• Options
    I made Skippy's soup it is v tasty

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Is Captain America now a villain?

I would assume so, but in this workaday world of shock, satire and the law of poe, who can tell
    Pretty much.
    He's brainwashed and works for people that are deadset on toppling democratic countries to bring in fascism.

I suppose the idea here is that Steve is a really nice villain with good intentions even when he's evil and forcing his will on others/innocent people. Basically a delusional idiot.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    hot take: Captain America has always been a villain since he is a loyalist to American imperialism

This discussion has been closed.