As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't know a Mindflayer bard sounds so cool to play
    jhy4peiu5w7o.jpg
    One way or the other they will dance to his tune

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Your characters are all added to Roll20 if you want to start plugging them onto the sheets there!

Also please find an artistic representation of your character so I can create a token.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i included it in the character sheet

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I wouldn't bring this up if Scott didn't offer it already

but if you want to bang out a character portrait for Zephy, I would be v. happy

sorry 2 b a pest

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    option 2:

d7LVUa6.jpg

Miss me? Find me on:

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    We're not playing this week, right? I should have time to knock out some arts on Friday/Saturday.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    We're not playing this week, right? I should have time to knock out some arts on Friday/Saturday.

Yeah we're taking a breather while I work some stuff out.

Cool. Zephy's in the queue then, right after Rahab. If anyone else wants one, I'm feeling focused enough that I should probably be able to crank them all out without too much mental stuttering.

@Dubh You want a Scrubbert art too, or already got a suitable bush critter image?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    I literally have a photo of desert sagebrush in shrubbert's portrait - it's pretty funny, but if you have enough focus spoons to spare that would be pretty cool

thank you, Scott <3 let me know if you want ANY form of compensation, it feels weird getting free art

Miss me? Find me on:

Naaah, I art for fun. Involving money makes it weird for me. And it's not like I've finished any of the other Phase 1 character drawings I said I would, so I owe you one.

there is still time to finish those

you just have to believe, with your heart.

A Hobgoblin, a Tortle, a Furbolg, and an Eladrin walk into a bar...

the bartender breathes a sigh of relief until she recognizes the Furbolg

Miss me? Find me on:

It's my lunch break anyway, and I'm feeling in a scribblin' sort of mood. Has Zephy got any unique gear that you've got a look in mind for? Some kind of magic staff, right? Does she carry like a spell component pouch or any clothing?

Have an extremely quick preliminary sketch. Feedback super welcome, this is just to give us a common starting point on what to adjust going forward.

g4j74y18rlze.jpg

edited November 2017
    she has a staff of the woodlands, the thing probably looks more like a young tree ripped out of the ground and converted into a staff, plus a wooden shield on her other arm
    and she wears a fur and leather robe adorned with animal bits

other gear worth consideration: a bag of holding, and a cloak of protection (likely to be made of something like fur or leather - maybe a wing from a large creature)

the belt pouch is still a thing, but she keeps her spell components in her bag of holding just in case she loses access to her staff

she also likes to paint a bandit stripe over her eyes, and looks sorta like a red-eared slider

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2017
    you should probably make that eye look more turtley

but the fact that shrubbert resembles gary is making me laugh super hard

edit: I should more explicitly say that I like the picture a bunch
    but it feels like Zephy is waggling her eyebrows at the fourth wall

which is 100% what she would do

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2017
    so, are you all ready to NOT GAME today?

edit: I'm not GM shaming, here. It's more that I'm bored and want to say... hello.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    so, are you all ready to NOT GAME today?

edit: I'm not GM shaming, here. It's more that I'm bored and want to say... hello.

Heck yeah. Gettin' a hair cut!

Lesbian half shave? Faux hawk? Double undercut?

Miss me? Find me on:

Double undercut, actually.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

I didn't even know that was a thing. Is it a layered shave?

iguanacus wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »

I didn't even know that was a thing. Is it a layered shave?

I dunno what the heck hair terms are. It's just shaved on both sides and you let the top grow out so you can do things with it? It's fun and good.

edited November 2017
    One of these days I gotta learn more about hair and stuff, so I don't sound like a complete idiot when I go to get my hair did.

Not today though, motherfuckers!

Rainfall on
    5-1.jpg

it's like this on both sides - you can keep the remaining hair long or short, and style what you have left however you want

additionally, it's a HUGE flag for queer women

Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2017
    my current hair goals are partially inspired by this:

ProfileValeria.png

only I'm gonna make it white once I get rid of all my perma-dyed hair

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

I wanna grow so much hair. Mine isn't particularly cooperative but once it grows out it should have good waves+volume think? Or it will just end up being wicked curly, hard to tell.

my hair stays pretty flat unless I style it

which isn't hard per say, it's just that it takes a few minutes and sometimes I'm too lazy to do it

Miss me? Find me on:

NEXT WEEK

BEFORE THE DARKNESS: SEASON 2

EPISODE 1: ANGUS MEETS GOD

Next week, friendos! Don't miss it!

"What... does God... need with a Pirate Ship?"[/shatner]

please continue this trend of naming episodes

that title is perfect

Miss me? Find me on:

alt answer: that's one hell of a lead-up to a spelljammer campaign

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    please continue this trend of naming episodes

that title is perfect

I just realized I fucked up and could have made it even better, but it's too late now.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up!

it is extremely not too late

you are also the GM, so technically you are always on time
    just like a wizard

Miss me? Find me on:

Mistress of the forbidden eldritch arts of Retconjuration.

has Angus not met god before? that seems like shoddy work for a cleric.

even for angus.

you know you fucked up when you meet your god and their first reaction is "Oh jeez it's you"

Miss me? Find me on:

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    St Cuthbert is normally more of a "hit the unbeliever with a big stick" kind of God, but has a practical stripe a mile wide. The pirate who raised him was the quartermaster and was a firm believer, if only in his own way. His foster father's slightly askewed beliefs took hold at an early age and awoke something in him. Angus never went through any official noviciate training, but he did hold services on ship and observed all the holy days. Shipboard life is all about pulling your share and a pirate's life isn't exactly safe or long, so a bit of religiosity goes hand in hand.

Near as I can figure, one of Cuthbert's subordinate angels made a bit of a filing error and can't own up to it now. That or he convinced Cuthbert to try and start an outreach program for troubled youths.

I feel like St. Cuthbert has a pretty simple ideology to understand

and Angus is a wrinkle in that, for better or worse

Miss me? Find me on:

I love pretty much everything about that backstory.