The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Inaugural Unplugged Room Shares - READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted if not pre-approved by moderation staff.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

I will occasionally cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if things went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

BjJ1TxL.png
5ErTbVb.png

• iltailta Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia City Center (next to the convention hall)
    Total Cost: $1200
    Date Arriving: Thursday (currently)
    Date Leaving: Monday (currently)
    Number of Spots Available: 3 - 5 in a 2-bed quad suite
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: don't care
    Best Contact Method: email isaiaht@gmail.com with subject including "pax unplugged hotel"

Additional Notes/Requests: I'm a longtime PAX East-goer, and super excited for the very first PAX Unplugged! I love board games a lot, but if you're here you probably do, too. :) I'm 33 and don't smoke and don't generally party, but if you do that's cool so long as you are able to be not insane in the room. Since this is the first PAXU I'm not yet sure how things are going to work out with timing, but assuming there are pre-PAX activities like at East, I've booked Thursday as well, for now. Happy to get more people in to bring down the cost; the rooms look pretty big and include a sofa. Plus there's a kitchen!

robirex
  • ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday evening or Friday morning
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes: Will be coming up from DC area and looking to split hotel costs. Prefer to share with one other person and have my own bed.

• The Hanged ManThe Hanged Man Once I ate a pizza so big, they gave me a prize. Then I threw up and they took it back.Registered User regular
    edited August 31
    NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: Wednesday or Thursday, probably before noon if I can arrange it.
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: I am comfortable being unconscious in the same room as people of any gender.
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional notes: Been a PAX West and South regular, done room shares in the past most recently with Godmode, Tonkka and Grey Ghost on these very forums, who can vouch that I'm not completely disgusting. Non-smoker, not much of an after hours party guy, mostly just looking for a place to park my body at night and catch a shower in the morning. I don't mind sharing a bed, but a solo bed or couch would be ideal because I am big and have pointy elbows. I prefer to get into town early enough to have a full day to do tourist stuff, but I'm mostly timing this to match whenever a room is available.

Edit: Room found, thanks!

The Hanged Man on
    TUMBLR: canstthoudrawoutleviathan.tumblr.com (mostly tabletop RPG anecdotes & art)
    TWITTER: @DesertLeviathan, PSN: LeviathanAscends, 3DS FRIEND CODE: 1590-4800-2407
    0c9YdeS.png