As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I think most of those hoodies are okay looking, though the colors aren't always what I'd choose to wear. My main problem with most official merch is that they often step away from 'good design' in the name of 'hah hah I put that thing you recognize on it!'

Like the little emblems on the front chest on most of those. Most of the hoodies would look better without them. The exceptions for me might be Lucio's and D.VA's. Lucio because the frog motif kinda fits with the whole design, and D.VA's because the whole thing is a garish mess and that's the aesthetic, so roll with it.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    After being on help chat with Amazon about being unable to enable Twitch prime on my amazon prime account for about 45 minutes

I have stumped them

And they are literally raising it as a ticket to the software team.

I just want mah loot box ;_;

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Got a young genji in my golden box so I decided to play genji for the first time

Yo with proper positioning this character feels broken

Equal likelihood is that I was playing against people that suck

Genji is arguably the hardest carry in the game. He's nuts good in the right hands.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I have been playing Mystery Heroes non-stop and decided to switch to some Low Gravity and QP

It is

super weird feeling playing characters I was utter trash with a few weeks ago and am not pretty okay with after MHing it up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I really, really like Reaper now

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hahahaha.
    totpjxo64sr8.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Hi.

I have a 1-11-1 win rate in competitive with Mei, get abused by a teammate every game, yet enjoy playing Mei anyway.

Is there a name for this? A support group?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Hahahaha.
    totpjxo64sr8.jpg

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    Hi.

I have a 1-11-1 win rate in competitive with Mei, get abused by a teammate every game, yet enjoy playing Mei anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Op7Jcg1dU

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Hi.

It's called Mei is awesome.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    doing some horizon games for my boxes, it seems like an alright map? feels really cramped and cluttered (but still manages to have 300 foot high ceilings so pharah can fly without trouble)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    This was probably my favourite round of Comp to date:
    https://youtu.be/_hmLZ21Uslc

Like, never mind using a single TP up, just dropping them when we need them is SO GOOD, plus that one at the end I dropped in a panic and it turned out to be hilarious.

And as an aside, Part 1 of the video has us on attack:
    https://youtu.be/NOCV9Mw9P-M

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That new teleporter meta though!

• Options
    Also tried playing some orisa

I like that her ult is time limited and requires line of sight that shows the enemy where it is while Syms shield gen just does whatever it wants

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I haven no idea how in gods name you can compare a 50% damage increase to a minor 75 health shield.

• Options
    One annoys me way more and requires way less coordination

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Tried Reaper for the first time in a while last night; I don't get a lot of opportunity because most of the time I need to tank or heal. It feels so weird not having to stay with the group to fill one of those roles; I just wander around looking for enemies that are concentrating on the main group. Plus I'm used to playing DVa or Winston or Zen, so to actually kill someone takes a lot of firing and/or precision, whereas with Reaper I can just trot back and forth behind the firing line, "oh here's a Hanzo, POW POW, drop down, here's a Junkrat, POW..." I only have to aim in their general direction. So fun.

Speaking of not having to aim, I hadn't realized how much the recent Junkrat changes altered how you can play him. Him and DVA are pretty much my mains, and I'd gotten into the habit of backing up a certain way when close-up duels happened. Now, since my bombs don't hurt me anymore, it's usually better for me to get right up in their grill, maybe move behind their firing sight, blast a clip of bombs at point-blank, then concussion mine us apart if they're not dead yet.

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    I think Orisa's ult should function like the shield gen. Stays alive until someone destroys it.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Got a young genji in my golden box so I decided to play genji for the first time

Yo with proper positioning this character feels broken

Equal likelihood is that I was playing against people that suck

Genji is arguably the hardest carry in the game. He's nuts good in the right hands.

his dps is inconsistent but he is easily the best at converting chip damage (from s76, pharah, winston) to kills

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    I think Orisa's ult should function like the shield gen. Stays alive until someone destroys it.

It's a 50% damage boost to her whole team. It's designed to win a teamfight, not all the teamfights!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »

It's a 50% damage boost to her whole team. It's designed to win a teamfight, not all the teamfights!

It could work in a smaller area or have only a 30 percent boost.

I don't think it really helps win team fights though. I rarely get the feeling that it causes more people to die than would normally.

On the other hand something like sym's ult seems ridiculously useful. They're incomparable.

And everyone else's ults can almost always get at least one kill.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    If Bongo was permanent, it would be hugely over-powered. It would also change the ult a lot, in that instead of it being a throwaway thing, it would suddenly be the most valuable item in the game. Teams would turtle up around it like crazy, it would be the focus of every game.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Tried out some comp ranked matches.
    Lost the first one.
    Won the second one when played with a 5 person group, they invited me to join them, I did.
    We won the third one easily.
    We were winning 2-0 on the fourth one, less than two minutes left in the final bit until we had won, and then we lose a player. End up losing the match 3-2 -_-
    Group disbands.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Hi.

no...
    that's wrong

Mei is ameizing

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    idgi

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    idgi

hey, chill out!

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »
    Hi.

no...
    that's wrong

Mei is ameizing

Sorry.

Sorry sorry sorry.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I decided to do my Comp Placement matches this season after not touching it since Season One

Went 5-5 and got 2132! I am okay with this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    OMG I MADE IT TO DIAMOND

AND FELL BACK OUT AGAIN

BUT FFFFFFFFFFFFINALLY

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    If Bongo was permanent, it would be hugely over-powered. It would also change the ult a lot, in that instead of it being a throwaway thing, it would suddenly be the most valuable item in the game. Teams would turtle up around it like crazy, it would be the focus of every game.

I actually have no issues with the way Orisa's drum works, I really just want shield gen to be less annoying

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    How is it annoying? It can take forever to charge up, and is gone the second a competent attacker sees it.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Uh, it should probably be behind the barrier, and covered by the rest of the team?

Edit: Like, sure a determined attacker will get to it, but if it is immediately nuked as soon as it's set down, I feel like it was not set down in optimal fashion.

sarukun on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Something I only just realized: you know Sombra's hacking glove, with the thick purple wires over her fingers and plugged in on the back of her hand? Lucio uses one of those, too, for controlling his cross-fade and Amp It Up. Seems like a standard interface in the Overwatch world.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    OMG I MADE IT TO DIAMOND

AND FELL BACK OUT AGAIN

BUT FFFFFFFFFFFFINALLY

Yeah. I don't want to say ELO is a thing that exists.

But man it can be a grind at times.

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    I recently saw a card for Sombra having Most Hacks.

Do you think anyone ever votes for that card other than Sombra?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    as someone who has gotten that card

...no :(

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no hacks required

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    OMG I MADE IT TO DIAMOND

AND FELL BACK OUT AGAIN

BUT FFFFFFFFFFFFINALLY

I got to 2984 and then lost every single game I played back down to about 2700. Feels good.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Hey I feel like this a dumb question but can anyone explain to me what hacking actually does

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I recently saw a card for Sombra having Most Hacks.

Do you think anyone ever votes for that card other than Sombra?

i got a +5 on it before, but it was in a losing effort so...

This discussion has been closed.