As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    This is a terrible Arena list, I really can't see fielding a single one of these non-new characters. And I just dumped another 20 orbs into the gatcha, and got absolutely nothing. I hate all of you Amelia pullers

Leveled my 4* Legion to 40, gave him reposition. 7 straight deathless first try.

(Babyhands and Nino actually killed everything)

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Eliwood is a part of my cavalry team, so I'm having no issues this season. I'd be in trouble if he wasn't there, though... I do have Al at 5*, but he doesn't have a brave sword yet, so he isn't very good.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I spent over 100 orbs looking for Amelia...got uer finally, but -Spd. Typical!!! Oh well...armor march!!!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Did I miss the announcement, or have they said anything about what the coins we get from arena assault are going to be for?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Well, spent my last 20 orbs on herofest. Got a 5* +atk/-res Lucina. Not what I wanted (I have marthcina built into a healbot) but I can't complain either. Banner was pretty good to me with a +atk ninian (that I merged my -hp ninian into) and a +atk 5* fae (who will be getting distant counter to eat up baby hands).

Back to orb hoarding!

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    Well, spent my last 20 orbs on herofest. Got a 5* +atk/-res Lucina. Not what I wanted (I have marthcina built into a healbot) but I can't complain either. Banner was pretty good to me with a +atk ninian (that I merged my -hp ninian into) and a +atk 5* fae (who will be getting distant counter to eat up baby hands).

Back to orb hoarding!

When you say Distant Counter, I hope you mean Lightning Breath+? Dragons are the rare breed that a weapon can do DC vs. the A skill. Just making sure!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    uwucns2axsbr.jpg

Complete! Possibly marks the first time I've promoted a unit to 5* just for skill inheritance (Jakob for Renewal 3). She is... very strong. With any luck she'll join the 4 star pool so more people get to experience the good times.

Just realised that Nino with +Atk/Darting Blow is functionally identical to +Spd/Fury save for attacking DC reds and Hector before Desperation is up (why would you do this). Just as well, because I'm out of Fury :rotate:

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »

Back to orb hoarding!

When you say Distant Counter, I hope you mean Lightning Breath+? Dragons are the rare breed that a weapon can do DC vs. the A skill. Just making sure!

Totally!

Oh, also got a -atk ogma from the banner. He's meh, but I've leveled him regardless.

4 5*'s in like 60 orbs isn't anything to sneeze at.

• Options
    Shen wrote: »
    uwucns2axsbr.jpg

Complete! Possibly marks the first time I've promoted a unit to 5* just for skill inheritance (Jakob for Renewal 3). She is... very strong. With any luck she'll join the 4 star pool so more people get to experience the good times.

Just realised that Nino with +Atk/Darting Blow is functionally identical to +Spd/Fury save for attacking DC reds and Hector before Desperation is up (why would you do this). Just as well, because I'm out of Fury :rotate:

Lucky you and your +SPD Amelia! My Amelia will only have 34 SPD with Fury...grrr.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Bleh, pulling for Amelia again I somehow got ANOTHER Julia, this one with -SPD... I guess I can merge her into my other one (who is +DEF/-RES, not the best but not -SPD...)

At least I got another 4* Klein and 4* Jagan in the process.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    *snip*

Lucky you and your +SPD Amelia! My Amelia will only have 34 SPD with Fury...grrr.

Yeah I got super lucky, it's her best defensive spread. With Goad and Ward, the only (equally merged) units that can kill her outright are Hana and Cecilia and Leo with blade tomes and full horse buffs; even Tharja with Eirika's 3/4/4/2 support come up short, as does QP Moonbow Hone'd Reinhardt. Of course you're unlikely to face equal merges on those units because she's so juiced, and Axebreaker ruins her day. Still!

ladi.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    wait you want +spd on an armor unit? does not compute

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Did a pull yesterday on green in hopes of Amelia... Fancy clouds, girl in red armor... YES!!

No. It was Sheena. Which is sad. She looks like she's B-tier. Ugh. HOWEVER I did get a 5* Merric... Which is only A-tier, but I desperately needed another green mage.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    sheena has some good skills and can be a solid armor sub if you need it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    sheena has some good skills and can be a solid armor sub if you need it.

Yeah true, but I have an Effie now who is a monster.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Sheena is arguably the best overall armor unit.

Her Res is stupid high, and she has decent speed, which means while in the Ward Armor Cocoon with distant counter she can bait nearly any unit in the game and kill them straight to hell with Iceberg or Bonfire.

Transporter on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Amelia has a good speed stat. For any unit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

With +SPD and Life and Death 3, she has 42 speed on an armor unit that can move 2 spaces and STILL has 30 DEF.

Her stats are absolutely nuts.

• Options
    edited August 2017

She has 37 Speed with +Spd. She has the highest BST in the game. She is ridiculous.
    Sheena is arguably the best overall armor unit.

Her Res is stupid high, and she has decent speed, which means while in the Ward Armor Cocoon with distant counter she can bait nearly any unit in the game and kill them straight to hell with Iceberg or Bonfire.

Only if you give her DC, but the argument could be made. Unfortunately, she's also green like Amelia and Hector, so she loses a little. I will replace her in my armor squad with Amelia when I have her built up. Granted, I gave DC to Zephiel instead of Sheena, but it was the right call.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Ugh, I really need to stop chasing for a bit. Spent more money than I should have, trying to get either Summer Corrin (for a ranged flier) or Amelia (for just plain awesome and for Armor Emblem) got neither. Just used 30 orbs going for Amelia, just pulling green (when possible). In 4 of the pulls, didn't get any green orbs, so I pulled 1 blue. Ended up with 2 3* Ests, 1 4* Catria, and a 4* Male Robin. When I did get a green orb, I got a 4* Beruka, and a 4* Nino.

RNG gonna RNG... :bigfrown:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    uwucns2axsbr.jpg

Yes! This is it, the build that speaks to me. Fury + Renewal. I was wondering what B skill made sense and how to leverage her massive BST. I even had a 4 star Fae and Hinata ready for ritual sacrifice.

Bonfire is gonna be nuts. If she doubles a unit, she slams them on the second hit thanks to slaying axe. With quickened pulse, she could bait and immediately counter with a massive bonfire. Now... I need that double SP holiday!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Ugh, I really need to stop chasing for a bit. Spent more money than I should have, trying to get either Summer Corrin (for a ranged flier) or Amelia (for just plain awesome and for Armor Emblem) got neither. Just used 30 orbs going for Amelia, just pulling green (when possible). In 4 of the pulls, didn't get any green orbs, so I pulled 1 blue. Ended up with 2 3* Ests, 1 4* Catria, and a 4* Male Robin. When I did get a green orb, I got a 4* Beruka, and a 4* Nino.

RNG gonna RNG... :bigfrown:

I've been having the worst luck getting green orbs to show up too. It's been pissing me off.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    So I finally did some SI on my nino and she has Drawback/Moonbow/Fury/Desperation ( and G Tome Breaker ). Is Fury/Desperation||GTome the way you are using nino? Or has the meta moved on?

I still have 4k SP on my nino so I think I can inherit a couple more skills if needed.

The team layout is Tharja ( Drawback/Moonbow/Darting/Desperation ), Ninian ( Buckler/No-A/EscapeRoute/HoneAttack/Seal FortifyRes1), and bonus filler.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Also just a heads up guys but with Armor March you can have knights just walk through forested squares no problem.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    In preparation for the armor apocalypse, I 5*'d Zephiel and gave him Earth Boost.

Holy crap.

He just ignores physical attackers entirely. Lances bounce off of him. The guy is going to walk around with an effective 44 DEF because of his incredible HP.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    uwucns2axsbr.jpg

Yes! This is it, the build that speaks to me. Fury + Renewal. I was wondering what B skill made sense and how to leverage her massive BST. I even had a 4 star Fae and Hinata ready for ritual sacrifice.

Bonfire is gonna be nuts. If she doubles a unit, she slams them on the second hit thanks to slaying axe. With quickened pulse, she could bait and immediately counter with a massive bonfire. Now... I need that double SP holiday!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my B slot yet. My -SPD Amelia is a bit gimped from the start, but still. Fury and Ignis and Swap loaded in already. Renewal sounds good, as does Vantage even. Or Axebreaker to just completely dominate other greens, but I don't know if I like that too much.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh hey got a 4* sheena while pulling for an amelia, shame shes -atk +res but oh well

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Oh hey got a 4* sheena while pulling for an amelia, shame shes -atk +res but oh well

Sheena's attack is pretty pathetic anyways, 90% of her damage is from her special. Mine is +DEF/-SPD but she's just there to bait Reinhardt.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    "Man, f**k yo' +9 eliwood!" was not a statement i imagined I'd be saying. Yet here we are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    My free pull got me Amelia! -def/+res. I didn't plan to pull so this is incredibly lucky!

On the other hand, summer Corrin has eluded me still, but I now have a +10 Est at 4* +atk/-spd.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Did a pull. No greens. picked a Red.. Seth. Already have a 5* Xander for horse team. I guess Olivia getting Ruby sword+

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    My Zephiel is now level 40, and is rocking Eckesachs, Reposition, Retribution, Earth Boost, Wary Fighter, and Ward Armor (Bonfire will replace Retribution once he gets 350 more SP).

With the HP Seal he's going to have an oppressive 58 HP/44 DEF that's protected by Wary Fighter, which is just enough to let him survive one turn against a +ATK Effie with a Brave Lance+, assuming she doesn't pack QP/Moonbow or Swordbreaker (which I doubt I'll ever see, since it's such an edge case when Effie normally mulches reds). A +ATK Cherche with the same build does 0x2 against him, which is just hilarious.

Time to start my next unit project - Sheena. My current build idea is Killer Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, ATK/RES, Wary Fighter, and Ward Armor. The ATK/RES 2 is kind of a weird choice, but Sheena has pretty poor options for her A-skill if you don't have Distant Counter available, so the idea here is to buff her ATK for a bit of damage while also boosting her RES to let her bait.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I gave my sheena Defiant Res cuz i wanted to use Est for something. Makes her even better at mage countering at low life, but doesnt really add much. Youre right that besides DC her A is rather limited.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Hardy Bearing seal get! I am really liking the bonus points for tempest trials. Much much less grindy

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Hardy Bearing seal get! I am really liking the bonus points for tempest trials. Much much less grindy

I am still trying to figure out who really wants hardy seal. It does disable your own desperation right?

• Options
    I also got my hard bearing seal, feels weird being done with the tempest with 7 days left but now I get to spend stamina on all the other crap thats happening

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    THo there are lots of orbs above the 40k mark. Not to mention rank feathers.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I think Sacred Coins will turn out to be for upgrading seals, so it'll be at 90/80% at tier 2/3, like Quick Riposte. Still niche, but helpful to stop Vantage Hector blowing up an undamaged teammate with Vantage.

ladi.png
  • Options
    I'll still do the bonus battles for sure but I'm not gonna spend an entire days worth of stamina doing the tempest

fake edit looking at the those orb rewards I wish all those single orb tiers were 3 orbs instead

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Ethea wrote: »

I am still trying to figure out who really wants hardy seal. It does disable your own desperation right?

I think it's mostly for a utility thing. I'm going to put it on Celica to help against the green mage and possibly Hector at the end of the trials. But I don't have desperation on Celica either ( I have renewal)