As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cossack [chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    i actually was reading a thread on reddit where people who worked at escape rooms were telling stories

apparently tons of people get in there and start tearing shit up looking for clues, rip things off walls, crawling in to air ducts, ripping up floor boards, try to stick keys in electrical sockets, etc etc

also some couples decide it's a great time to have sex even though the workers there have cameras in all the rooms

weird job to have

You misspelled 'because'

I did one of these recently and they were very emphatic that none of the solutions to the puzzles involve physical force or dismantling anything.

Also repeated that there were cameras several times in different contexts: "we might offer a clue if we can see in the cameras that you aren't making progress", "we will be able to see on the cameras if anyone is in medical distress", etc.

I thought that was a bit odd at the time.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    nah

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I mean yes it's silly to say that the state denies anyone healthcare when the state does not offer it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    So I've told this story before but when I was a fat little kid, the doctor told me I was going to be short forever because the fat had gotten into my joints and stunted my growth. Now on top of having no medical basis whatsoever, this is a terrible thing to tell an 8 year old.

I suppose she thought it would scare me into eating less and I'd lose weight, the same way a parent might tell their kid that vegetables will make them grow taller. But the vegetable thing is a transparent lie from your parents, who you have heard lie to you in a similar manner a thousand times. It's also a positive thing. Like, eat this, you will grow bigger. Not If you don't eat this you'll be small forever. A key difference.

So anyway, my doctor said this thing to me and I cried for days and did not change my diet because I was 8 years old. Later I grew to be a 6'2", teenager still very fat and she died of leukemia so anyway that's how I know that justice exists.

Shit like this infuriates me. So many fat people have anecdotes about physicians saying things that are wrong and/or insulting about their fatness, and there's empirical evidence that physicians are biased against fat people beyond what might be justified by bona fide medical concern.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I mean yes it's silly to say that the state denies anyone healthcare when the state does not offer it

Medicaid

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    The real tipping debate:

Why aren't employees st escape rooms and haunted houses tipped given the bullshit they put up with

why am i not?

Because I said NO MAYO

*removes one dollar from the table and puts it back in his wallet*

That's aioli !

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    At this point my tinfoil pantshat theory that the Clinton's let trump win so he could forever destroy the Republican party in a Klingon like act of revenge for what they did to Bill is sounding more and more reasonable.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Seriously who goes to Subway

If you really need to do penance, you should drink

I do.

Because my food choices are:

1)What I bring (95% of my days)
    2)Overpriced cafeteria
    3)Subway

Yay working in a secure location that takes 10 minutes to get in and out and it isn't worth it to go somewhere else most days.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I just had a mediocre ham sandwich.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    At this point my tinfoil pantshat theory that the Clinton's let trump win so he could forever destroy the Republican party in a Klingon like act of revenge for what they did to Bill is sounding more and more reasonable.
    Except, also like Klingons, Republicans don't turn on members of their own house.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    you know what's really good tho is panera's veggie sandwich

r1Z05Rr.jpg

also their soup bowls

9u079zq.jpg

and their mac and cheese

N2U3GIR.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

You know that phrase, "if you're explaining, you're losing"?

Here's a good example

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

r1Z05Rr.jpg

also their soup bowls

9u079zq.jpg

and their mac and cheese

N2U3GIR.jpg

take a look at this corporate shill

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Dominatrix Air. Fly the unfriendly skies.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut iaculis finibus libero et volutpat. Pellentesque vitae mauris sed sapien faucibus convallis. Sed ligula lorem, commodo sed ligula ut, molestie vulputate nisl. Duis fermentum purus nec dignissim dignissim. Pellentesque tincidunt leo nisi, eleifend dapibus est scelerisque id. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Fusce ut ipsum a massa efficitur accumsan. Morbi mollis dui tellus, vel rhoncus nulla scelerisque in. Nunc fringilla nisl at massa vestibulum, sit amet tincidunt velit semper. Sed a ullamcorper libero. Mauris fringilla bibendum leo, non dictum ligula aliquet id. Phasellus at pulvinar justo. Aenean nec augue ante. Nulla imperdiet lectus in ex mattis, eu rhoncus est sollicitudin. Aenean eleifend ultricies gravida. Vivamus commodo malesuada molestie.

Nulla ultrices tincidunt commodo. Morbi ultrices lacinia ipsum, sed luctus eros. Vestibulum commodo quam a bibendum tristique. Donec facilisis condimentum consequat. Duis consectetur a sem et vehicula. Ut auctor, ex id euismod dapibus, libero turpis efficitur sapien, ac faucibus velit nisl vel ipsum. Vivamus sed ullamcorper urna. Donec hendrerit neque vestibulum purus volutpat malesuada ac suscipit ligula. Sed faucibus lobortis hendrerit. Sed et turpis ante. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Donec at arcu auctor, efficitur enim ut, suscipit eros. Cras vulputate leo in tempor porttitor. Integer iaculis bibendum neque, eget volutpat ligula ullamcorper eu.

Suspendisse leo augue, gravida a rutrum eu, pharetra ac purus. Proin vel libero erat. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Phasellus luctus auctor purus, ut condimentum nibh semper id. Integer sit amet sem tortor. Phasellus ullamcorper sit amet massa sed accumsan. Quisque vehicula elementum felis id tincidunt. Aliquam lobortis vitae sem ac imperdiet. Sed faucibus commodo euismod. Nullam convallis tristique libero sit amet eleifend. Nulla venenatis lacus et magna porttitor eleifend. Proin in neque ac dolor sollicitudin imperdiet ac dignissim dolor. Cras at luctus metus. In sit amet lorem ut sapien dignissim tristique. Sed efficitur dolor sed metus auctor, nec cursus felis pellentesque.

Nullam a leo at elit semper imperdiet. Phasellus convallis eget augue ultricies gravida. Cras ut condimentum erat. Etiam libero nisi, ultricies sit amet faucibus ut, vestibulum vel ante. Quisque a tincidunt dui. Maecenas id lectus vestibulum, dapibus ligula nec, commodo nulla. Quisque ut ultrices ex, ut ornare quam. Pellentesque condimentum nulla sit amet dolor tincidunt molestie.

Nulla tempus justo vel velit rhoncus, consequat hendrerit ex malesuada. Nunc tempor ultricies sapien non mollis. Cras imperdiet nisi fermentum, pretium felis sed, viverra ex. Integer dictum velit lorem, at faucibus felis scelerisque et. Mauris pharetra sapien vitae orci fermentum, at ornare ante lobortis. Nam iaculis tempus venenatis. Pellentesque ac ante lorem. Ut faucibus velit finibus ex cursus rhoncus. Curabitur hendrerit lectus at felis semper dictum. Pellentesque gravida blandit ligula vitae ullamcorper.

Duis auctor elit nisl, et blandit lorem placerat finibus. Pellentesque auctor purus et sapien consequat ornare eu sed magna. Pellentesque congue risus vel vehicula molestie. Etiam id finibus arcu, non tempor felis. Fusce porttitor auctor dui in sollicitudin. Integer dapibus scelerisque lorem vel malesuada. Aliquam nisl nulla, scelerisque sit amet felis nec, sagittis ultrices arcu. Vivamus interdum ipsum vel nulla dapibus egestas. Duis molestie libero eu lectus tincidunt consequat. Sed egestas dui non tincidunt tristique. Donec feugiat maximus felis, ac posuere lacus tincidunt non. Mauris id mi dignissim, faucibus ligula dictum, posuere nisl. Maecenas sit amet facilisis lacus. Suspendisse venenatis, ligula vitae gravida bibendum, lacus lacus ultrices mi, eu feugiat mi est a neque. Donec nisl dui, lacinia eu porta quis, porta sodales ante.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I went into a Panera the other day and it got ridiculously expensive since the last time I was there. You are a slightly healthier fast food alternative Panera, do not forget your place.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wandering confirmed for plant

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    okay that article was hilarious

especially how the woman is SHOCKED at being treated like someone who had pissed into a goddamn cup while seated

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Someone divided by zero.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    The fat got into his joints.

hahahahaahhaahahahadskjfhadlkjad

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Isn't Panera like super spendy? I don't feel that's fair to compare verses subway.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    So I've told this story before but when I was a fat little kid, the doctor told me I was going to be short forever because the fat had gotten into my joints and stunted my growth. Now on top of having no medical basis whatsoever, this is a terrible thing to tell an 8 year old.

I suppose she thought it would scare me into eating less and I'd lose weight, the same way a parent might tell their kid that vegetables will make them grow taller. But the vegetable thing is a transparent lie from your parents, who you have heard lie to you in a similar manner a thousand times. It's also a positive thing. Like, eat this, you will grow bigger. Not If you don't eat this you'll be small forever. A key difference.

So anyway, my doctor said this thing to me and I cried for days and did not change my diet because I was 8 years old. Later I grew to be a 6'2", teenager still very fat and she died of leukemia so anyway that's how I know that justice exists.

Shit like this infuriates me. So many fat people have anecdotes about physicians saying things that are wrong and/or insulting about their fatness, and there's empirical evidence that physicians are biased against fat people beyond what might be justified by bona fide medical concern.

it is kind of fascinating how my interactions with doctors changed when i hit 240

it was slight but very noticeable

nothing offensive or anything, but just like, little aside comments

one doctor never said a thing but then printed out my discharge papers and slipped in a definition of obesity in the middle of them

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

r1Z05Rr.jpg

also their soup bowls

9u079zq.jpg

and their mac and cheese

N2U3GIR.jpg

take a look at this corporate shill
    I'm not being paid I just know that at Panera, they believe that good food, food you can feel good about, can bring out the best in all of us. Food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care. To us, that’s good eating and that’s why we’re here. (TM)

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Go only to fat doctors. It's like trusting a tiny chef.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

*photosynthesizes cowishly*

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

wait like plant

or like plant

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

It's a perfectly valid use of the word "deny" and we use it that way all the time.

It is only weird if we use it in a context where the thing being "denied" isn't something that entity might grant in any circumstance. It's like criticizing you for wearing pants. There's nothing linguistically confusing about the criticism; it's only weird because I'm criticizing something ubiquitous.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Isn't Panera like super spendy? I don't feel that's fair to compare verses subway.

Starbucks prices basically.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    are people giving united shit for this

because

that would be pretty silly to do

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »

it's overpriced i think but it's not stupid expensive or anything

• Options
    milski wrote: »

*photosynthesizes cowishly*

Bovinely

Come on

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

wait like plant

or like plant
    plant eating plant
    confirmed for cannibal

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Panera has always been pricey for what it is.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I thought I was just going to walk with them but then I got the subway cause whatever.

*guts rumble ominously*

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I thought I was just going to walk with them but then I got the subway cause whatever.

*guts rumble ominously*

tumblr_inline_nsqgmzymic1sulucu_540.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I've only had the mac and cheese but it's very good mac and cheese

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    are people giving united shit for this

because

that would be pretty silly to do

I mean

I have to wonder what the attendant that gave her the cups thought the end result of this situation would be

japan on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I hope that the whole voter fraud thing that the republicans claim exists results in the creation of a national ID system where every citizen is given free photo identification. That way we can eliminate the nonsense accusations of voter fraud, eliminate one of the major vectors of voter suppression, and eliminate the underclass of people without reasonable identification because they don't drive and cannot afford the time or fees associated with getting an ID. Maybe even cut down substantially on underage drinking/smoking, reduce the burden of the federal government trying to maintain their nightmare patchwork databases, and totally freak out conspiracy theorists. All that with one action.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    escape rooms as far as i've experienced and heard are basically just a real-life version of the puzzles you get from bad Dungeon Masters

i don't really get the appeal

I liked the one I did

Everyone has to work together and some of the puzzles can be really cool!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Maybe I'll get another chat

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.