As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    I never did the endorsement deals as I found them unethical considering Shepards position in the military.

Shepard is also a covert operative, and that kind of visibility ruins the spectres image.

And in 2/3 Shepard simply doesn't have time to do them.

You're forgetting that spectres are running on James Bond rules.
    Just think back to me1: everyone knows Saren is a spectre and the moment you're granted the title it appears to be a station wide broadcast given how everyone knows you're humanity's first member.

KINDA makes you wonder why people don't just outright murder you when you show up at their space port.

This is attempted at the prison in Mass Effect 2. Their deaths can be a lesson to all the others.

attempted poorly!
    I mean if you want someone dead you don't allow them to have have guns and friends.

The collectors had the right idea, just whack the normandy when its pants are down.
    not even shepard can breath the cold, empty void of space.
    Yeah, can it even be considered a failure if Shepard actually died?

I mean yes, Shepard got better, but that's using something akin to science fiction even in the universe the games exist in. They even call it into question a couple of times in ME3.

I thought the death and resurrection was one of the serie's lowest points.
    Made only worse by that clone you end up fighting later on.

The clone was silly, but perfectly fit the silly self-aware humor they were going for. The death and resurrection was...yeah, pretty silly given how that topic was largely left on the floor beyond being an initial motivator for #2. Worked for me the first time I played through ME2, but felt pretty silly when I thought about it. Still did love the sequencing as you enter the blasted-open bridge and everything goes to silence with things floating around and space peaking beyond the sheared-away hull plating.

the sequence was awesome, but yeah it threw up all these big questions and in the end the game just didn't answer any of them.

ALSO, if you really think about it, the way they explain the mass effect doesn't work. At all.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Restarted (several times) trying to get the face right, settled on this guy:
    5joc0pbwcqd8.jpg

There was a bit in the first Mass Effect book that by the late 22nd Century, ethnic ambiguity was common among humans. This isn't really borne out in the games—mainly since you can literally count on one hand the number of non-white major characters—but hey, be the change and all that.

Also went back to John for the first name, because I had an idea for Shepard would be so used to going by their last name that not even their lover would use their given. There were three other kids named John in their class—John Fisher, John Hunter, and John Smith. Everyone decided it was easier to just go by surnames, to the point Shepard barely recognizes "John" as theirs.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Nah. Shepard is rich. She can afford real fibers

But mass effect is like the sci fi 80s. Jumpsuits and block colors are in. Natural fibers are out.

What you need is a miniature shell suit.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    :whistle: Shepard's got a gun :whistle:
    3nruooyzy5bj.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Gotta paint that gun.

Then teach her the reload glitch.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Sorce wrote: »
    Gotta paint that gun.

Then teach her the reload glitch.

I'm actually going to recast it before painting, only because the original printing file I got is missing half of the front portion of the barrel for some reason. I saw it was that way for the file but I have no idea how to edit those kinds of files.

Though I may just paint it as is since no one will see that side of the gun while she's holding it. But casting could be interesting.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I think I'd go crazy with that many icons on my screen, lol. Hell, I probably don't use 90% of the ones I have and that's like 15.

• Options
    No desktop shaming!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I think I'd go crazy with that many icons on my screen, lol. Hell, I probably don't use 90% of the ones I have and that's like 15.

I didn't notice

But now I can't unsee it

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    ctrl+a, del

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Folders, Cam! Folders!

But I'm one of those sorts who keeps *everything* on a single phone screen page, and just groups most stuff that isn't constantly in use in 5 different folders.

Also nobody look at my work desktop it's not that bad but boy oh boy it's not great.

Tangential to dressing up Cam's new Shepard, it just occurred to me that if I can keep up at the gym this year, maybe I'll actually fit back into my own suit, which hasn't been pulled out of storage in a very long time. Maybe. We'll see. It'd have to be very substantial weight loss to pull that off.

Also also, apparently Breckin Meyer will be at Toronto Comic Con this year, so I now have a plan to see if he'd be willing to pass along an ME challenge coin to Seth Green for me.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Most of the stuff on my desktop is things I randomly saved from the internet that I just liked in the moment that I would forget about if they weren't on my desktop. Because periodically I look on my desktop and am like "what is that", then look at it, and am like "oh yeah, I'm glad I saved that."

Whereas if they were in a folder I'd never look at them again and they'd be lost forever.

• Options
    To be fair, you're not wrong. I have folders and folders of pics from various events that probably haven't been touched in 5-10 years. Though it has proven helpful for them to be sorted by theme on occasion.

• Options
    Well thanks to you HOMPS I've deleted some stuff. Mostly shortcuts to games I don't play anymore.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Well thanks to you HOMPS I've deleted some stuff. Mostly shortcuts to games I don't play anymore.

So what you're saying is that the ME shortcuts will be there till the day you die.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

Marie Kondo is smiling and she doesn't know why

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    3nruooyzy5bj.jpg

Can shepard be placed in a "charge" pose? Do you have a plan to do the biotic glow that goes with that shotgun?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    3nruooyzy5bj.jpg

Can shepard be placed in a "charge" pose? Do you have a plan to do the biotic glow that goes with that shotgun?

Yes, she can! I'd post a picture but given the anxiety-inducing reaction to my desktop icons, sharing a pose that would necessarily show how messy my desk is is a non-starter.

I don't remember what biotic glow goes w/ the shotgun, but I don't know how I'd manage a biotic glow in real life. I hadn't planned on it anyway.

Edit: I figured out where to take the picture to keep out the messiest parts of my desk. Added bonus is that it's SWTOR on my screen so no computer icons visible.
    bn189ho1zux7.jpg
    gskh0jwke3hv.jpg

FYI she's not using a stand or anything here, the figure can really hold this position on it's own.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    FYI she's not using a stand or anything here, the figure can really hold this position on it's own.

That is amazing

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    That is really neat.

sig.gif
  • Options
    3nruooyzy5bj.jpg

Yes, she can! I'd post a picture but given the anxiety-inducing reaction to my desktop icons, sharing a pose that would necessarily show how messy my desk is is a non-starter.

I don't remember what biotic glow goes w/ the shotgun, but I don't know how I'd manage a biotic glow in real life. I hadn't planned on it anyway.

Edit: I figured out where to take the picture to keep out the messiest parts of my desk. Added bonus is that it's SWTOR on my screen so no computer icons visible.
    bn189ho1zux7.jpg
    gskh0jwke3hv.jpg

If it's any consolation my desk makes yours look freshly cleaned :P

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Lol at people who can find their desks in their room

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    3nruooyzy5bj.jpg

bn189ho1zux7.jpg
    gskh0jwke3hv.jpg

If it's any consolation my desk makes yours look freshly cleaned :P

Uh, yeah that's because you can't see the pile of trash just out of frame. I seriously would be too embarrassed to show my full desk, if I hadn't found a workaround I honestly would not have posted the picture.

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Lol at people who can find their desks in their room

I spend too much time at it to ever lose it.

Also I just rearranged my room so it's fairly clean except for the cubby where my new rowing machine is going which is still largely a disaster area of bins, things not in bins that should be in bins, and things not in bins that probably just need to be thrown away.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I haven't started constructing her costume yet, but I think this is a pretty good Shepard casual look that I would have 100% put my in-game Shepard in if it had been available. I wonder if it's possible to buy an N7 patch small enough to fit this jacket?
    3f54hzf0a6gy.jpg

That perspective is awesome. She looks like an Amazon standing on a welcome mat next to the door.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My challenge coins from @Forar got here today!
    KAbm2Ti.jpg

Going to look great with all my other ME memorabilia.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Don't worry everybody, it's only been a decade since Mass Effect 2 came out today.

https://youtu.be/zMAa0DMcRfE?t=20

sig.gif
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Happy tenth birthday to one of the greatest games of all time. :+1:

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Happy tenth birthday to one of the greatest games of all time. :+1:

Only Jessie the assault rifle survived.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    To all the Shepards out there, I salute you!

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    It’s sad when something you love makes you feel old. This series is four years older than my first kid.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Rumors have it EA is remaking SW:Kotor 1/2 into a new game. This bodes well for a Mass Effect remake down the road, especially if EA doesn't bungle it up.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Rumors have it EA is remaking SW:Kotor 1/2 into a new game. This bodes well for a Mass Effect remake down the road, especially if EA doesn't bungle it up.

Yeah, see, I would call this good news an interesting rumour, but I don't really trust EA to not bungle it up.

Also, where's my Jade Empire remake? Poor, neglected Jade Empire. It deserved better.

• Options
    Ten years since Mass Effect 2. Sheesh.

Ten years was the difference between Spy Hunter and Doom, once.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Mass effect 3 and Spy Hunter were released in the same year.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Yeah, see, I would call this good news an interesting rumour, but I don't really trust EA to not bungle it up.

Also, where's my Jade Empire remake? Poor, neglected Jade Empire. It deserved better.

I replayed Jade Empire a few years back and it's such a pretty game & soundtrack. FWIW, the version on Steam kept crashing on me, but the version on Origin played just fine.

If we're going to get remakes/remasters of any of these (yes, please!), could we please institute a rule that all cutscenes have to be either in-engine or rendered at resolutions & framerates that match gameplay? That's one thing that bugs me when I go back and replay Jade Empire or KotOR or some such -- I'm running through the world at 2560x1600 60Hz and then I hit a cutscene that looks like it was rendered off of a VHS tape.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    LD50 wrote: »

Mass effect 3 and Spy Hunter were released in the same year.

Not that one :razz:
    Well played, though :+1:

Jazz on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Doom came out in '05

Spy Hunter alas, while signing The Rock to star that same year, is still in production hell

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ever had one of those moments where you wish you'd said Pole Position II instead? :rotate:

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ever had one of those moments where you wish you'd said Pole Position II instead? :rotate:

...no.

This discussion has been closed.