Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] Ya'll need to sign up for this tournament, though

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    We should probably just put something in the OP about not confronting Knight about their enjoyment of the game. We've had this conversation like, every other month for literally two years at this point :P

really instead of asking knight if he's happy we should start going "Why do you play on the weekend?" every weekend cuz someone's always mad about it :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    We should probably just put something in the OP about not confronting Knight about their enjoyment of the game. We've had this conversation like, every other month for literally two years at this point :P

really instead of asking knight if he's happy we should start going "Why do you play on the weekend?" every weekend cuz someone's always mad about it :P

Weekend HotS Never Change

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

yea, that's a better question. just had a d.va who would basically only say "i do what i want" when our greymane was trying to talk to her, and then suicided on purpose in the last fight because she was mad at him and we won anyway (mostly because uther is op as hell, lol). weekends be rough.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    You haven't known the true power of Artanis's laser until you reset it on all five members of the enemy team, the last one being Abathur.

I should have retired after that it was so perfect.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So It Goes wrote: »
    You haven't known the true power of Artanis's laser until you reset it on all five members of the enemy team, the last one being Abathur.

I love that the retargeting has a global range

Get a full team wipe and then OH HEY THERE ABATHUR IN THAT BUSH ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE THE CLOSEST TARGET NOW.

PantsB wrote: »
    Back to back quintuple kills off Artanis's pulsating beam repeat is the best

How the heck do you make this work? After one or two games I just stopped picking Purifier Beam because the enemy would just run away and we never seemed to have any stun for me to take advantage of it. Suppression Pulse always feels like the better pick in QM at least.

You usually need some sort of setup. A beefy slow, a stun, a root. Something like that. Warp Sickness at level 7 helps accomplish this as well.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »

I love that the retargeting has a global range

Get a full team wipe and then OH HEY THERE ABATHUR IN THAT BUSH ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE THE CLOSEST TARGET NOW.

How the heck do you make this work? After one or two games I just stopped picking Purifier Beam because the enemy would just run away and we never seemed to have any stun for me to take advantage of it. Suppression Pulse always feels like the better pick in QM at least.

You usually need some sort of setup. A beefy slow, a stun, a root. Something like that. Warp Sickness at level 7 helps accomplish this as well.

The other thing that helps is if the enemy team is already mostly dead when you blow it. Unless you've got a mobility skill like Valla's Vault, you can't avoid eating a few seconds of the laser's damage.

• Options
    CareerKnightCareerKnight Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Second game? I felt like we had all the advantages going in -- we were allowed to pick the map and the mutation.

The actually got to pick the mutator but because that mutator results in a coin toss to see who gets first pick we won that. It was not designed around teams choosing mutators so if next time they are randomly chosen it will be fine but if we go with team pick again I would prob alter it so the picker or the team that just lost gets to choose.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that was my mistake. We got to choose whether we were WarCraft or All, though, right?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i love people who go into draft modes and show a hero and never ever ever ever ever change no matter what. last guy shows nova, we take uther, medivh, stitches and sylvanas. desperate for sustained dps to kill golems and enemy heroes on haunted mines because they took double tank, desperate for a strong frontliner, desperate for a ton of things. picks nova.

we obviously lose.

next game, guy first picks abathur which i hate beyond reason because it gives all the good heroes to the other team, but then our next pick is sylvanas, a hero that doesn't work with abathur at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and means we have nobody who can solo lane and nobody who can do ranged damage. like, there is a mode that lets you play whatever the fuck you want, maybe try it if you don't want to react to the picks at all. if all you want to do is have a warrior and support on your team but you want to play whatever, you can go to hell.

What annoys me is when I'm showing a hero for a long time, whether I change to accommodate the draft or not I'm clearly giving my team enough time to make some comment about my choice, and then they wait until we're in game to complain. Like they weren't paying attention to the draft at all but feel like they should have retroactive veto on my choices after they clearly abdicated their right to whine about it by staying quiet.

Or, when I get chosen to ban and my teammates complain about me banning someone because they wanted to play them, but couldn't be bothered to mention it when I was clearly showing who I would ban and they hadn't shown who they wanted to play. Like that's double opportunity lost. The other team doesn't get to see who you show before you pick them, selecting a hero you want to play only gives me information as someone on your team, if you wanted to play Auriel or Varian maybe you should have made noises in that direction when I was going to ban them, or before I picked them to play.

It sort of feels like people see Draft as an opportunity to not pay attention but want to have an excuse to complain later.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    42 kills in a row with 0 deaths is good, right?

19247629_10155614524385864_2259570281486697058_n.jpg?oh=7c08ba01e42b9cf6795e73ed6c63ab27&oe=59DE2CEE

milk ducks on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    42 kills in a row with 0 deaths is good, right?

sometimes... the weekend hots beats you.......

but sometimes............ you beat the weekend hots............................

Also here's the exact game that we played!

DDLsl2FU0AAsVWG.jpg

Unranked, enemy team is clearly trying some cheeky bullshit with Sylv/TLV. We know what their gameplan is, split push like crazy and win through never engaging us.

Fortunately, we had Zeratul, who is #1 Viking Killer Hero. And we scaled better than they did. They had a much stronger early game advantage... but once we got those 10s, those 13s, we swung things in our favor super hard. We won the shit out of teamfights. And after winning those teamfights, we'd then go and get map control for ourselves instead. Take all the camps so that Vikes can't Bribe them.

Honestly I don't think we had a single Terror. We got one, but the timer expired before we could spawn it (oops).

GOTTEM

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Unranked Draft can be a weird thing. On one hand, it's not the by-design clown fiesta that quickmatch can be; you know what the map is, you know what the enemy team is picking, you know what your teammates are picking, and (I think) you have some minimum required level of responsibility to consider all of that when you make your pick. That said, UD is not *the* competitive mode, and I don't think people should be made to feel bad for picking heroes they're still learning, or picking heroes that aren't at the top of the current meta. As long as my team has all of the major roles covered and is playing to win in the game itself, I couldn't care less if one of my teammates wants to play a "C tier" hero.

I got criticized for picking Chromie in the third spot on Braxxis yesterday because I wanted to work on my Chromie. I didn't feel like this was out of line, but I ended up muting a teammate in pregame after he shared his feelings on the subject.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Unranked Draft can be a weird thing. On one hand, it's not the by-design clown fiesta that quickmatch can be; you know what the map is, you know what the enemy team is picking, you know what your teammates are picking, and (I think) you have some minimum required level of responsibility to consider all of that when you make your pick. That said, UD is not *the* competitive mode, and I don't think people should be made to feel bad for picking heroes they're still learning, or picking heroes that aren't at the top of the current meta. As long as my team has all of the major roles covered and is playing to win in the game itself, I couldn't care less if one of my teammates wants to play a "C tier" hero.

I got criticized for picking Chromie in the third spot on Braxxis yesterday because I wanted to work on my Chromie. I didn't feel like this was out of line, but I ended up muting a teammate in pregame after he shared his feelings on the subject.

I don't mind suboptimal picks in UD, but I do mind stuff like not picking a support or not saying anything in draft and still picking some bullshit like Cho'gall into an opposing team that already has 2 counters even though everyone is asking you not to do so.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    god i never want to play on braxis, blackhearts, warhead, hanamura or garden ever again, and they are over 70% of the maps i've played. i just loop between them over and over.

dragon shire i miss youuuuu.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    anybody down for some team league today?

@WingedWeasel hopping on for a bit

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i like playing genji and d'va because a lot of the decisions i make carry over from Overwatch!!

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

It basically for me is based on who you target. If you do ti at the start of a fight on someone who needs to be in the thick of it, worst case is they run away and its 4 v 5. And if you did it as you land an E then they're screwed

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    god i never want to play on braxis, blackhearts, warhead, hanamura or garden ever again, and they are over 70% of the maps i've played. i just loop between them over and over.

dragon shire i miss youuuuu.

Dragon Shire is back in AI/QM now, at least.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    wooo plat 3, no more ranked for me until next placement matches lol

• Options
    I think auriel with a decent battery might be my favorite support these days. Uther is better, but Auriel feels like you can work crazy magic.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Tass is deffo my favorite support. Rehgar and Auriel after that.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Why are people still picking Thrall? WHY?

EDIT: @kime the secret is winning the teammate lottery. It is known.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So I did lose my first seven HL placement matches. I posted about that here. I then when on to win the next 4-5 HL games, huzzah! The secret was only playing awesome heroes like DVa, Nazeebs, and Vikings :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the most fun use of telekinesis is, put pushing people into Chromie's sand pit or Dva's self destruct is up there.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the most fun use of telekinesis is, put pushing people into Chromie's sand pit or Dva's self destruct is up there.
    I saw someone accidentally pull a D.va mech into himself. It exploded and killed him right after.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    I saw someone accidentally pull a D.va mech into himself. It exploded and killed him right after.

That player must have greatly displeased the Highlord.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    hooking people back into dvas self destruct is good times

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I accidentally found out that you can, in fact, hook D.Va's mech just like in OW.

Thankfully you have a lot more time to run in HotS.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    just a psa, but Egg Hunt is granting Murky 0 seconds of stealth after respawning from an egg aka it's not working. Probably still worth taking since the stealth is a minor perk, but something to consider.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    just a psa, but Egg Hunt is granting Murky 0 seconds of stealth after respawning from an egg aka it's not working. Probably still worth taking since the stealth is a minor perk, but something to consider.

Oh, so I wasn't crazy, that is bugging. Good to know. It's still valuable for the vision and working on the slime quest early game, but the stealth is nifty for aggressive eggs. Although I do usually try and go with the bribe whenever I think I can get away with it.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Fish Eye is also bugged and is permanently reducing mount speed by 10% on the first respawn.

Booooo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CareerKnightCareerKnight Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was my mistake. We got to choose whether we were WarCraft or All, though, right?

Yep.

• Options
    GFE is going to win this series v Roll20, but they're not very good. NA is embarassing compared to EU.

Roll 20 making silly mistakes and throwing games they have won, but k1pro and kingcaff are still mediocre as fuck. fan is the only one on GFE that isn't a disappointment.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BoE, we get Thrall, BW and ETC on our team. It's like an all star roster of "People who were good before nerfs that morons haven't figured out yet". ETC spends all game solo lane vs. syl, wonders why I can't engage wihtout dying on Greymane. I DUNNO. IT's A MYSTERY!?! Ugh.

Oh yeah, our banner let Syl get through two rounds too, then wonders why they can't stop the five man push. Double ugh.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    Some of us morons are still decent on em

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    GFE is going to win this series v Roll20, but they're not very good. NA is embarassing compared to EU.

Roll 20 making silly mistakes and throwing games they have won, but k1pro and kingcaff are still mediocre as fuck. fan is the only one on GFE that isn't a disappointment.

didnt the top tier teams perform halfway decent in teh MSB? they are still a step below and obviously the region isnt as deep but they arent all terrible

• Options
    edited June 2017

didnt the top tier teams perform halfway decent in teh MSB? they are still a step below and obviously the region isnt as deep but they arent all terrible

Roll20 did. TS got dumpstered because their super conservative play that preys on bad NA teams gets eaten alive by EU/KR.

GFE looks very similar. They haven't impressed me at all vs Naventic or R20, even though they beat both 3-1. They are very mediocre at fighting, and still bad at macro play. They mostly won due to better drafts and throws from the other team, but against anything strong they are going to get trashed because KingCaff and MichaelUdall wouldn't make it in an EU open division team. Very bad players, Caff hasn't learned a single thing in 2 years of playing hots.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Some of us morons are still decent on em

BW is good on hanamura, nowhere else, ETC is semi-ok since his last buff, Thrall is straight trash tier. Sorry if those are ur favs. but thats where they are.

EDIT: I really, really, really need to learn to quit going to objectives. So tired of dying at hem because half my team didn't show.

morgan_coke on

• Options
    You can always depend on your teammates to push the carts on Hanamura...when they should be destroying forts and keeps.

3DS Friend Code:
This discussion has been closed.