As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2017! See you next year, you wonderful nerds.

Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of ForksRegistered User regular
edited September 2017 in Social Entropy++
Hey! PAX West is in less than a month! It's in Seattle, and it has video games or whatever, but I'm sure a bunch of you nerds will be there doing nerd shit, so maybe we should hang out?

Here are some opportunities for hangouts that you should maybe see about.
Tonkka wrote: »
Annual Pre-PAX Good Time Happy Party!

Who: Me, you, and some other nerds or something.
What: Are you not paying attention? Hello, McFlyyyyyy.
When: Thursday August 31st 2017 @ 7:00pm
Where: Roanoke Park Place
Why: TRADITION!
How: A wizard did it.

Here we go again, another PAX, another kick-off at this bar where I work. Also another pre-season Seahawks game on our specisal night, but it hasn't really been a big deal in the past so, whatever.

The guidelines as usual (because some of you can't be trusted with nice things).

-The Roanoke is a 21+ OVER ONLY establishment. Sorry, maybe next year, kid.
-Failing to tip the staff for their hard work is a banable offense. We know who you are, and we know what you did.
-Somebody is going to vomit. If you think it's you, please be aware of the location of our restrooms.

Now that that's out of the way, we're going to have some fun dangit! I will be working that day before things go down, so if you get in town early and can't find anything better to do come hang out. I mean, I will be working so I won't be able to actually hang out if I have shit to do. But yeah, come on down.

I will now start taking suggestions for the reader board greeting as I do every year.

Is anyone still in to the Car-Bombs special anymore? I don't think we had much action on that last year, so if there's something else that we should put on special please let me know.

Can't wait!

There are also concerts! They're not doing any on Sunday night this year, which is kind of butts, but the music still seems really good! They're bringing in Bit Brigade, MC Frontalot, Mega Ran & K-Murdock, The OneUps, The Doubleclicks, and Super Soul Bros! Maybe you know who some of those people are, and maybe you don't, but I need to fill this OP out a bit, so there you go.

Hopefully the show schedule and floor maps will be out soon!

[IMG][/img]
Romanian My Escutcheon on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    holy shit dude how did you get this done before I did? I wrote the fucking tweet!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I was just thinking about tickets this weekend! Thank you for the link!

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Thirteen minutes in the queue and still waiting.

Not even sure what I'm doing here, I've already budgeted for Unplugged this year and South next year, pretty sure I can't scrounge the time off for a third PAX in that time period, but I'm compelled to try regardless.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Made some changes to the OP, added a link to the hotels page.

Also; In my rush to let you all know about badges, I may have accidentally posted a link to the PAX Twitter page as opposed to actually posting the Tweet with the link for badge sales. I apologize profusely for this oversight.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm going to try for PAX South this coming year but I was actually able to catch the notice this time so thank you for that.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Tickets bought!

giphy.gif

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Got two sets of badges and I'm booked at the Sheraton through Monday morning.

Having to do two hotels again this year is Not Great, but at least I can move my shit once the Omegathon wraps up.

EDIT: And I just realized I goofed and did not buy a set of those sweet, sweet PAX dice. Shit.

If anybody's in the queue and wouldn't mind getting a set for me, that would be cool and good and I would be happy to pay you back for them.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I just started my own business and I haven't done many billable hours yet so money is tight. Just Saturday and Sunday passes for me this year.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Booked and badged

• Options
    Got through the queue at 28 minutes, and that gave me enough time to take a serious look at my PTO accumulation and my bank account, and decide not to go through with the purchase. Maybe if I hadn't dropped several grand on medical bullshit in the last few months, but at this point it'll be tight enough getting to Philadelphia in November.

So best wishes to everyone who gets to go this year!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Saturday badges are at Low, all other badges are still in the green.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Sunday sold out, Friday tickets are low.

Another year I don't get to go...

• Options
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    PAX SOUTH IS THE ONLY PAX.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    PAX SOUTH IS THE ONLY PAX.

* In San Antonio

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    PAX South is love, PAX South is life.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    PAX-South has $2 mimosas.

It reigns supreme just for this.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I do hope that come PAX South I'll be able to find the link to buy tickets elsewhere than embedded in a tweet, because I literally cannot see tweets at work. I know they're there, the tweet link shows up, but until I get back to my cell phone and about a mile from this place to get out from under the jammer I can't go to Twitter.

• Options
    Prime = best games
    East = best food and city
    South = best bang for your buck

• Options
    Pax Prime is 2 hours drive away

Pax South is 6 hours of flying and a layover away

• Options
    You can set up Twitter to text you an alert when a specific account tweets. But PAX South tickets go slowly enough that you shouldn't have any trouble grabbing a set even if you get in a day or two late. It's just the 3 Day Pass that goes kind of quick, and even that is nothing like the rush for West and East tickets.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Prime = best games

WEST. WEST.

GET ON BRAND.

• Options
    geth, forbid the word "prime"

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. "prime" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Geth looks... Different.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Is this where I quote Schlock Mercenary?

Anyway is there a rhyme or reason to when these open up or is it mostly random? Had tickets last year, couldn't go, decided not to this year might next.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Romanian My Escutcheon was warned for this.
    Tube wrote: »
    geth, forbid the word "pr*me"

Well, now I can't make all of those very good jokes that I was saving for after the initial wave of badge panic.

Boo.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, @Romanian My Escutcheon.
    Warned @Romanian My Escutcheon (0 points for 1 week) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "prime""

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    West = best games

WEST. WEST.

GET ON BRAND.

F I N E

• Options
    Is... is this entrapment? Was I just forum entrapped by a robot???

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Is... is this entrapment? Was I just forum entrapped by a robot???

And right after your inaugural triumph of smooth posting.

• Options
    So does this make PAX Australia into PAX Mega South?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey guys, what was that rule the federation wasn't allowed to break on Star Trek?

Some kind of directive...

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Hey guys, what was that rule the federation wasn't allowed to break on Star Trek?

Shenanigans!

• Options

Rule 3845(b): Captain Kirk is not allowed to be the first human to make contact with any race that is either primarily or only comprised of females.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Wait...WHAT?!

Ok, add that to my agenda for next year along with the Unbreakable sequel and lunch at Hooters, as far as finally getting the complete PAX South experience.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

Wait...WHAT?!

Ok, add that to my agenda for next year along with the Unbreakable sequel and lunch at Hooters, as far as finally getting the complete PAX South experience.

Southtown brah, Southtown...