As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2017! See you next year, you wonderful nerds.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    With all the drinks I've bought at Southtown you'd think I would have known by now.

That said, I'm not so sure mimosas would make a great addition to any of the nights I've been there.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Edited: deleted because i am so bad at time y'all.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    So does this make PAX Australia into PAX Mega South?

Nah, it makes PAX Aus into BESTPAX.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If I manage to hit South this time I am going to be such a fish out of water. Blending into a convention? Can do. Chatting with strangers? Possible. Deliberately trying to meet up with people who may or may not already have assigned a persona to my online presence as my own social-averse self? Abort, abort, abort!

I'll try of course, but I fully expect to be mostly silent in a group of PA'ers.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oh hey I'll be at this thing!

I missed out on the Sheraton because I had to go downstairs to get my credit card, but yeah. Looking forward to Labor Day weekend!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    We're officially down to Monday only, so I went ahead and changed the thread title.

I'll start working on a proper OP ina bit.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    If I manage to hit South this time I am going to be such a fish out of water. Blending into a convention? Can do. Chatting with strangers? Possible. Deliberately trying to meet up with people who may or may not already have assigned a persona to my online presence as my own social-averse self? Abort, abort, abort!

I'll try of course, but I fully expect to be mostly silent in a group of PA'ers.

There are plenty of quiet forumers at South, you'll be in good company.

At the very least get in the GroupMe if you end up going so you know where to find people for games in the board game free play area at the convention. Find the group, play a game or two and see how you feel about hanging with others. If you like it and want to do more, come along for some of the evening activities. If not, no worries.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The Primary Directive?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Got through the queue at 28 minutes, and that gave me enough time to take a serious look at my PTO accumulation and my bank account, and decide not to go through with the purchase. Maybe if I hadn't dropped several grand on medical bullshit in the last few months, but at this point it'll be tight enough getting to Philadelphia in November.

So best wishes to everyone who gets to go this year!

You will be missed! I'll catch you for some ribs in San Antonio though, for sure.

Meanwhile, I got a full set of badges, booked a flight, secured lodging, got my PTO approved! I'll be in Seattle from the 31st to the 5th!

godmode on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Unfortunately, losing my job and getting a new one screwed up my cash flow just enough I couldn't get any tickets for first time in 10 years. I might reassess in a couple months and see if I can snag a spare pass or two if everything evens out. If nothing else, I'll still come drink and play games with you damn nerds, I just won't be going to the con proper.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    With all the drinks I've bought at Southtown you'd think I would have known by now.

That said, I'm not so sure mimosas would make a great addition to any of the nights I've been there.

You know what helps with all that alcohol

A peanut butter and bacon burger

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Anybody end up with any extra passes? A non-forum friend completely missed out.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Also, a forum friend (?) missed out, and could really use help for a Saturday pass . . .

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also also, I may be finally able to make my way to Seattle for my first ever PAX West, but I would need to finagle passes and a place to stay potentially on Wednesday before.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Goose! wrote: »
    Also also, I may be finally able to make my way to Seattle for my first ever PAX West, but I would need to finagle passes and a place to stay potentially on Wednesday before.

@Goose!, come stay with me, in the carnival of horrors that is my home!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Goose!, come stay with me, in the carnival of horrors that is my home!

Rooming with Zonugal in a hotel was an experience. I can only imagine what staying in their home would be like.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I would very much like to go to this, but given my present circumstances it'll be a last-minute decision

We'll see where I am when August rolls around

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Goose!, come stay with me, in the carnival of horrors that is my home!

Rooming with Zonugal in a hotel was an experience. I can only imagine what staying in their home would be like.

I like the use of their, seemingly implying that Zonugal is legion.

It probably just refers to Zonugal and his roommates, but I prefer my original interpretation.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I use "their" to refer to a singular unless I am 100% solid they prefer something more specific

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Omeganaut e-mails are out! 3 of the last 6 PAXes have had SE++ Omegas, so from a certain perspective your chances are good!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Are people still planning on the usual Thursday night at the Roanoke?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    My flight gets in too late this year :( I want to though.

• Options
    As long as some jerkholes don't fuck up my plane, heck yes!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    As long as some jerkholes don't fuck up my plane, heck yes!

YOU HEAR THAT JERKHOLES?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I should probably update the OP for this at some point, huh?

Also; in the unlikely event any of y'all need a place to stay, I'm (still) trying to find someone to split a room with at the Sheraton.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I will write up a Roanoke post tonight or tomorrow, just so you don't have to search for last year's.

Also because I want to.

• Options
    I'm almost guaranteed not to be at this one.

• Options
    Almost. . .

?!

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

That's a bummer. Without you and @The Hanged Man I'm not sure how I'm going to win Secret Hitler...

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

That's a bummer. Without you and The Hanged Man I'm not sure how I'm going to win Secret Hitler...

Lizard Hitler can never win. He can just make everyone else lose.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I'm sorry man :(

Hopefully South?

• Options

That's a bummer. Without you and The Hanged Man I'm not sure how I'm going to win Secret Hitler...

I am incredibly offended that my inadvertent dumbassery did not get a shout out.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Annual Pre-PAX Good Time Happy Party!

Who: Me, you, and some other nerds or something.
    What: Are you not paying attention? Hello, McFlyyyyyy.
    When: Thursday August 31st 2017 @ 7:00pm
    Where: Roanoke Park Place
    Why: TRADITION!
    How: A wizard did it.

Here we go again, another PAX, another kick-off at this bar where I work. Also another pre-season Seahawks game on our specisal night, but it hasn't really been a big deal in the past so, whatever.

The guidelines as usual (because some of you can't be trusted with nice things).

-The Roanoke is a 21+ OVER ONLY establishment. Sorry, maybe next year, kid.
    -Failing to tip the staff for their hard work is a banable offense. We know who you are, and we know what you did.
    -Somebody is going to vomit. If you think it's you, please be aware of the location of our restrooms.

Now that that's out of the way, we're going to have some fun dangit! I will be working that day before things go down, so if you get in town early and can't find anything better to do come hang out. I mean, I will be working so I won't be able to actually hang out if I have shit to do. But yeah, come on down.

I will now start taking suggestions for the reader board greeting as I do every year.

Is anyone still in to the Car-Bombs special anymore? I don't think we had much action on that last year, so if there's something else that we should put on special please let me know.

Can't wait!

• Options
    "A Wizard Did It" is a solid reader board greeting, IMO.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMM.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I'm sorry man :(

Hopefully South?

If I'm not ready for South I'll be real sad.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am going to be at the Roanoke on thursday night this year and I'm real real happy about it

• Options
    N

I

C

E

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i may be at this thing

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Have we got a SE++ PAX Unplugged thread floating around somewhere? I'm on mobile and it doesn't seem to want to let me search. I guess that one wouldn't really pick up until this one is past, but I'm trying to combat the No PAX West blues by reminding myself that I've still got one coming.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan