Options

[E3] 2017 Thread - All Done Till Next Year

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    The daytime song in New LA is my favorite town song, I swear. It's sort of terrible and yet sort of amazing =p.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I will admit that my love of X is... pretty big. I could write a whole article about how much I love it, what was fucking brilliant in it, what fell flat, where things were cut and so on.

If it actually gets a Switch port I am buying it again and maybe even a Switch to go with it!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am curious if there will be another Sony orchestra.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Any idea of whether or not X will be ported to the Switch?

I decided to ask Soraya Saga on Twitter. Chances are she simply ignores me, but who knows?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Welp, Xenoblade 2 and Prime 4 removed my last reservations about the switch. Little disappointed in character design for the XC2 trailer, they look a little too young and somebody needs to give that girl a sandwich.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i guess Sony are going to continue to hold out on cross-console play for the foreseeable.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/13/15794464/sony-cross-platform-play-rocket-league-minecraft
    Rocket League developer Psyonix stated that cross-platform play between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was finished ... back in July of last year.

"Right now," Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham told IGN, "we're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem. It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."

It doesn’t seem like this is going to change any time soon.

“It's certainly not a profound philosophical stance we have against this,” PlayStation global sales and marketing head Jim Ryan told Eurogamer. “We've done it in the past. We're always open to conversations with any developer or publisher who wants to talk about it. Unfortunately it's a commercial discussion between ourselves and other stakeholders, and I'm not going to get into the detail of that on this particular instance. And I can see your eyes rolling.”

no to Rocket League, no to Minecraft. i wonder what other games could have it up and running if only Sony would say yes.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh well, let Switch players and Xbox players congregate.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh well, let Switch players and Xbox players congregate.

Perhaps, but my Gears of War rocket car will never get to wear a Mario hat and that's just a damn shame.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Cross platform Minecraft seems interesting.

Does the switch one have pre-made Mario stuff?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Like a Super Mario-themed texture pack? Yes. There's no premade map or anything.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Drez wrote: »

Like a Super Mario-themed texture pack? Yes. There's no premade map or anything.

There is a premade map. Many of the texture packs come with premade maps to explore, they're pretty well made with a lot of good build ideas.

The festive one is a christmas village with a huge tree, Halloween one is a creepy amusement park with roller coaster and haunted mansion.

You can also use the texture packs in random seeds obviously.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

There is a premade map. Many of the texture packs come with premade maps to explore, they're pretty well made with a lot of good build ideas.

The festive one is a christmas village with a huge tree, Halloween one is a creepy amusement park with roller coaster and haunted mansion.

You can also use the texture packs in random seeds obviously.

Oh. Uh. Did not know! Thanks!

Now where is Terraria god dammit.

• Options
    Cross posting from 3DS thread:

Does NISA have a booth this year?

I forget, do they ever do reveals at their booth at E3?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Now where is Terraria god dammit.

Yeah it's interesting how different the two games are for being a bit conceptually similar. Much more of a campaign and progression in Terraria, more stuff in general. There's a need for both on the platform. I haven't followed it in a little while, since I had seen a future update would have a big crawling vehicle that just ate through dirt. Don't know if that ever came out even.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Terraria has some big monsters, doesn't it?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Terraria has some big monsters, doesn't it?

It has quite a few bosses intended for different tiers of gear, and killing them unlocks future encounters with other bosses or drops unique items that helps progression. Minecraft has bosses too but definitely not as much of a focus on that aspect.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    This Splatoon tournament coverage is hilarious.

"It's gonna be close!"

One team loses by 15%+.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    This Splatoon tournament coverage is hilarious.

"It's gonna be close!"

One team loses by 15%+.

It's closer than it looks.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    One of the bigger surprises to me today was that Smash was not shown. Really expecting that to be Nintendo's holiday title.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    One of the bigger surprises to me today was that Smash was not shown. Really expecting that to be Nintendo's holiday title.

I'm expecting 2-3 big reveals for the rest of E3.

Given that they are doing THREE e-sports style tourneys, I am anticipating an unveil. Nintendo likes to spread out their stuff to keep headlines moving all day.

Really suspecting an Inkling to be unveiled as a playable character.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so i guess Sony are going to continue to hold out on cross-console play for the foreseeable.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/13/15794464/sony-cross-platform-play-rocket-league-minecraft
    Rocket League developer Psyonix stated that cross-platform play between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was finished ... back in July of last year.

"Right now," Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham told IGN, "we're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem. It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."

“It's certainly not a profound philosophical stance we have against this,” PlayStation global sales and marketing head Jim Ryan told Eurogamer. “We've done it in the past. We're always open to conversations with any developer or publisher who wants to talk about it. Unfortunately it's a commercial discussion between ourselves and other stakeholders, and I'm not going to get into the detail of that on this particular instance. And I can see your eyes rolling.”

no to Rocket League, no to Minecraft. i wonder what other games could have it up and running if only Sony would say yes.

Whoa whoa, following that link on through, THIS is some serious shade:
    Interviewer: Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don't have an explanation for why. That's what I'm getting at, really.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.

Interviewer: It doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps the most mindful video game company of the protection of children.

He's right. What is this world where Nintendo, the purveyors of

rHf18TL.png

are willing to play with bad boy Microsoft and his hacker buddy PC, and Sony isn't?

• Options

Whoa whoa, following that link on through, THIS is some serious shade:
    Interviewer: Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don't have an explanation for why. That's what I'm getting at, really.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.

Interviewer: It doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps the most mindful video game company of the protection of children.

He's right. What is this world where Nintendo, the purveyors of

rHf18TL.png

are willing to play with bad boy Microsoft and his hacker buddy PC, and Sony isn't?

there's another article that gives more details on the Rocket League situation. one of the devs said that MS have been the strictest in terms of security so everything else has been relatively easy on that front. they feel its just a political decision on Sony's part.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    LoL at the idea that PSN isn't filled with shitheads and trolls just like every other service.

Just say it guy, you don't want to give in to Nintendo or MS!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Using a "think of the children" thing is fucking garbage excuse for no crossplay.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    So Bungie was to have a something around nowish?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    This just makes Microsoft bunting at their press conference so irritating, because Sony is setting them up for a home run, but MS refuses to swing.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

You missed it, but it wasn't really anything, just an interview with Deej (Community outreach goober).

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

You missed it, but it wasn't really anything, just an interview with Deej (Community outreach goober).

Caught the tail end of it. I was hoping we'd see more of the Arcstrider class. Oh well.

• Options
    Mario Oddesy is surreal. Totally did not know he is going to possess stuff. It opens up a whole new layer of gameplay.

• Options
    Mario Oddesy is surreal. Totally did not know he is going to possess stuff. It opens up a whole new layer of gameplay.

I feel like they pulled the same thing here they did with Mario 3D World.

Initial reveal: "oh, it's 3D Mario, looks ok but yawn"

Second trailer: "whoa that looks fun! Where was this last time around?"

Except Odyssey had a better reaction at its initial reveal. It's definitely the same pattern though, revealing more of what makes it unique the second time around.

• Options
    I still want to know who's working on Metroid Prime 4. But that does add to my 'Switch is a might buy' list.

• Options

there's switching from 3D to 2D ala Link Between Worlds too.

• Options

Still, it adds a disturbing element. You can steer creatures to their death.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Kirby and Yoshi murder their enemies by eating them alive, so... yeah

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    those possessed by mario are both aware and in extreme pain

that's what it says in the pokedex anyway

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    those possessed by mario are both aware and in extreme pain

that's what it says in the pokedex anyway

He made me kill...he made me watch...

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Slight difference between killing someone outright and hijacking their will so they essentially commit suicide. There's a reason mind control powers are not used by good people.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Slight difference between killing someone outright and hijacking their will so they essentially commit suicide. There's a reason mind control powers are not used by good people.

The occasional mind trick is acceptable... from a certain point of view.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular

It's also really funny.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

The occasional mind trick is acceptable... from a certain point of view.

Mind trick, maybe. Direct takeover of the will, not so much.