Options

[E3] 2017 Thread - All Done Till Next Year

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    On the upside we've got another Heropon in our group.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    But where is Elemental Discharge?

PLA on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    The links for confirmation are in the Metroid thread but since it's side-discussed here, the guy who was in charge of Other M and consequently messed it up tremendously (character assassination of Samus)? He's in charge of Prime 4. Curb your enthusiasm, this could get ugly.

Edit - Oh wait a second, I might be confusing two guys.
    Edit Edit - Though it's still not Retro, confirmed.

Metroidcreatorcism

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Unless they fundamentally change capture mechanics and rates, Ni No Kuni is dead on arrival for me.

Well the creature mechanic as it was in the first game is entirely gone so... I'd say yes, it has been fundamentally changed.

Do tell.

edit: I know nothing about it, truly, because I hated the first game so much so I haven't made any effort to look into the sequel.

I don't know all the details.

But you have a full party of people characters.

And there's some mechanic with these little pikmin things but they aren't like pokemon style monsters. Just like a little army of pikmin... I dunno. Looks interesting haha.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Wow Xenoblade is looking good. I'm glad the combat isn't more of the same.

• Options
    The thing that bums me about their choice of character designer, besides their penchant for overdone beefers on thin ladies, is that there's a current series right now called Kado: The Right Answer that has some really Xeno-like designs.

I wish they used that designer instead for the new game, or any game with a sci-fi/fantasy motiff.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Pre-order canceled

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Pre-order canceled

fite me irl

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Unless they fundamentally change capture mechanics and rates, Ni No Kuni is dead on arrival for me.

Well the creature mechanic as it was in the first game is entirely gone so... I'd say yes, it has been fundamentally changed.

Do tell.

edit: I know nothing about it, truly, because I hated the first game so much so I haven't made any effort to look into the sequel.

And there's some mechanic with these little pikmin things but they aren't like pokemon style monsters. Just like a little army of pikmin... I dunno. Looks interesting haha.

My primary issue with Ni No Kuni was around the familiar capture mechanic. There were tons of familiars and no way to mitigate low capture odds. I found that rather offensive and terribly lazy design.

I'm not a huge fan of wild, unmitigable RNG in my RPGs to begin with and I felt that Ni No Kuni represented a huge opportunity loss. They could have made a really interesting capture mechanic but instead it's just a static percentage/odds per familiar and luck. I cannot tell you how much I hated that.

It's why I like World of Final Fantasy: Because there's actually a puzzle aspect to capturing mirages that actually engages me as a gamer. Forcing me to suffer through ridiculously low odds just bores me as a gamer, the opposite of engaging me.

I'm not trying to shit on NNK1, as I know you liked it a lot. I just wanted to explain my position here, especially from the earlier discussion we had on the two games in question. I thought it was beautiful, artistically speaking, and had decent primary characters and locations.

So if NNK2 has a different mechanic that is not a bunch of unmitigable, low-odds, endlessly grindy RNG, I may be interested again.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Xenoblade 2 is crazy. Blades are characters. You liked Bionis and Mechonis? Now there's a bunch of different titans, some animalistic, some humanoid.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Do tell.

My primary issue with Ni No Kuni was around the familiar capture mechanic. There were tons of familiars and no way to mitigate low capture odds. I found that rather offensive and terribly lazy design.

I'm not a huge fan of wild, unmitigable RNG in my RPGs to begin with and I felt that Ni No Kuni represented a huge opportunity loss. They could have made a really interesting capture mechanic but instead it's just a static percentage/odds per familiar and luck. I cannot tell you how much I hated that.

It's why I like World of Final Fantasy: Because there's actually a puzzle aspect to capturing mirages that actually engages me as a gamer. Forcing me to suffer through ridiculously low odds just bores me as a gamer, the opposite of engaging me.

I'm not trying to shit on NNK1, as I know you liked it a lot. I just wanted to explain my position here, especially from the earlier discussion we had on the two games in question. I thought it was beautiful, artistically speaking, and had decent primary characters and locations.

So if NNK2 has a different mechanic that is not a bunch of unmitigable, low-odds, endlessly grindy RNG, I may be interested again.

Yea there are no Familiars at all in Ni No Kuni.

It's funny though one of my many issues with WoFF was the creature mechanic in that. Like starting every monster at level 1 no matter what level it was when you caught it. Ffuuuuuccckkk that bullshit. Different strokes and all that!

I don't think it's weird or anything wrong with disliking Ni No Kuni for that stuff though. I totally get it. I'm just the kind of person where if I really like a game I enjoy some reasons for certain amounts and types of grindy stuff because it lets me spend more time in the game. But I can also see how it would be frustrating for others. That said if you are having a hard time getting a Familiar in NNK you can just move on. You don't have to be catching them all. I had a set party I set out to acquire and just focused on those + anything I needed for a side quest and ignored all others.

• Options
    Geez, the spokespeople in the Square Enix livestream can't keep track of all the crazy FF names.

"We'll have an upcoming Dissidia....Diss...oh, Distant Worlds concert"

She even said the right name at one point (Stormblood) and corrected herself with the wrong name! (Stormdrive)

• Options
    Why is that HUcast just a HUcast?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    WSJ is reporting that the Xbox One X won't support any kind of VR at all. Article is behind a paywall I guess.

I imagine that's a miscommunication, and there's no VR support right now.

Late, but Microsoft's thing is AR. They're swinging into that hard. No idea if it'll come to Xbox, but right now it's looking so expensive and professional-grade I wouldn't bet on it. Microsoft themselves aren't doing any VR stuff, so if VR comes to Xbox it'll probably be third-party.

MS has an entire VR initiative with third party hardware manufacturers. They're apparently even writing their own API. (DirectReality)

• Options
    This town looks Zelda.

• Options
    Anything interesting in the SE stream?

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    The links for confirmation are in the Metroid thread but since it's side-discussed here, the guy who was in charge of Other M and consequently messed it up tremendously (character assassination of Samus)? He's in charge of Prime 4. Curb your enthusiasm, this could get ugly.

Wait, are you saying that jumping to conclusions is bad?

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Demoing Dissidia NT in a moment.

edit: In the Square Enix stream.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Dear Dissidia people: it's possible to talk while the game is being demoed. There's no need to just sit there and describe it without playing

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Wait, are you saying that jumping to conclusions is bad?

img[

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Apparently there's a 3DS remake of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga with more content.

https://youtu.be/OI54_yxpwkY

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Comon Square, show octopath.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The battle system in Bowser's Minions seemed intriguing.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    The battle system in Bowser's Minions seemed intriguing.

More importantly, THERE'S MORE GLORIOUSLY TORTURED FAWFUL-SPEAK.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Jeez, I go mow the lawn and Nintendo announces another Metroid game, 2D and for the 3DS!

:rotate:

For what its worth, I still maintain that Mirror of Fate was actually quite good, way better than it is given credit for, and I don't think a lot of people who shit on it because it wasn't an igavania and/or didn't like the LoS games, actually played it.

I trust the team that made Mirror, and you can clearly see in the trailer for Metroid that it is very similar in style and gameplay.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

I'd be more impressed if someone made Mario Rex coming out of the pipe eating the lawyer instead of from above.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I really haven't had an interest in Mario in a long time but Odyssey looks like a very cool thing that I would like to play.

Also Metroid Prime 4 may be the buying a switch deal breaker.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    All Im hearing is swordians are back in Tales of Destiny 3; I mean Xenoblade 2.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    As much as I tried to enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles I just couldn't. I mean I can recognize that it is a good game, but just didn't do it to me.

Funny enough though Xenoblabe Chronicles X is easily one of my most favorite games. Despite the fact that it was clearly rushed, a bit unfinished, and generally rough all over. But god damn, futuristic sci-fi fantasy with giant robots and big ass open world pushes all the right buttons for me.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    As much as I tried to enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles I just couldn't. I mean I can recognize that it is a good game, but just didn't do it to me.

Funny enough though Xenoblabe Chronicles X is easily one of my most favorite games. Despite the fact that it was clearly rushed, a bit unfinished, and generally rough all over. But god damn, futuristic sci-fi fantasy with giant robots and big ass open world pushes all the right buttons for me.

Really? I never got the vibe it was rushed. My only complaint with the game was that the story was REALLY uninteresting, which was a shame given the setting, which had great story potential. Other than that though, suuuuch a fantastic game. I recently restarted it because trying to come back to it after not playing for 8 months was VERY confusing. Restarting is, of course, madness, given how long it is. But it reminded me just how much I like the gameplay.

I was not as "wowed" by te Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer like I was X...but it also didn't have flying mechs, so it's hard to top X. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it greatly.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Who is this blue hair lady on the Nintendo stream? She's cool.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Any idea of whether or not X will be ported to the Switch?

• Options
    Oh yeah the lead Dev told the tale of X's creation. They had a whole thing going, about 50% complete when they realized Neo Tokyo wasn't a good setting for what they wanted to convey in the story. So they switched it to New LA and had to scrap a lot of stuff. The deadline remained the same though.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

Really? I never got the vibe it was rushed. My only complaint with the game was that the story was REALLY uninteresting, which was a shame given the setting, which had great story potential. Other than that though, suuuuch a fantastic game. I recently restarted it because trying to come back to it after not playing for 8 months was VERY confusing. Restarting is, of course, madness, given how long it is. But it reminded me just how much I like the gameplay.

I was not as "wowed" by te Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer like I was X...but it also didn't have flying mechs, so it's hard to top X. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it greatly.

I'm going to have to try Xeno X finally. I loved Xeno Chronicles, so X should have been a no-brainer, but a lot of the stuff I heard about X made it seem like it wouldn't be my thing. But i can find it for $20, so I guess I'll download all the packs to reduce loading and give it a go.

• Options
    I'm still pissed about how grindy money farming can be at specific plot points. And that ending. Urgh it still makes me mad.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Mario Odyssey looks awesome (on the treehouse stream now). Hopefully I can find a Switch by the time it comes out.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Oh yeah the lead Dev told the tale of X's creation. They had a whole thing going, about 50% complete when they realized Neo Tokyo wasn't a good setting for what they wanted to convey in the story. So they switched it to New LA and had to scrap a lot of stuff. The deadline remained the same though.

Wow, I never heard that. There's areas where I could see "this could use more work" but not to the point I felt like it had been rushed. So good job by them then for getting it by me! It turned into one of my fav games despite its flaws.

Renzo - I don't know what you heard that makes it sound like you wouldn't like it, but I certainly say it's worth a go at $20. The story may disappoint you as a XC fan like it did me, but I think it's a blast, despite that. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if you do get it!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Who is this blue hair lady on the Nintendo stream? She's cool.

https://twitter.com/EditingEntropy

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Also; it's soundtrack is unique. I like it a lot but I can accept it's not for everyone.