As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I have a shirt from a TSW promotion that says "When you pug no-one can hear you scream"

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Syngyne did a good job tanking the Machine Tyrant as DPS until my Blood energy ran out and I could no longer artificially raise his max HP with barriers.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm just annoyed at how hard it is to respec in SWL. In TSW, you could get dungeon 10.2s and do an...adequate job, pinch hitting. But here, it takes a good 30-40 hours to just get the SP for a single weapon, much less the months to build out the tailsmans for it.

And that's just for E1s!

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I put together a bunch of blues for Healing in like, an afternoon? Spent a bunch of MOF buying talismans from the AH to do it, I guess, but it barely dented my in-game-wallet.

There's also the purples you can buy for the Third Age Fragments, though they sorta mean you've been opening caches, I believe.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Kay wrote: »
    I put together a bunch of blues for Healing in like, an afternoon? Spent a bunch of MOF buying talismans from the AH to do it, I guess, but it barely dented my in-game-wallet.

There's also the purples you can buy for the Third Age Fragments, though they sorta mean you've been opening caches, I believe.

Considering I have....darn it, steam added the time from TSW into the tracker. Lets say like 70 hours in it? And only recently actually broke through to getting all my DPS gear in blues (though to be fair, a couple of them are closing in on level 25, since I haven't really been spreading the distillates evenly).

Being able to get queus is kinda a positive feedback loop. Once you do, it's easier to climb up, but if you don't, you just kinda languish there for a couple hours before giving up entirely

EDIT: 4 days, 13 hours

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, all I can tell you is that healing talismans are super cheap on the AH, and you can probably put a set of blues near 15-25 together pretty cheaply if you're willing to buy up and fuse stuff. If you've been doing daily challenges you should have more than enough MOF.

Should cost about 2-5k per green 20 depending on prices, and I see how this gets expensive. So do some daily challenge runs, keep healing talismans, start fusing? You can rush through a bunch of missions in the first Egypt zone without aggroing anything to make it faster, get tons of bags, and go.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I mean, if I was going to pick up a second role, it'd probably be tank, since shotgun is my primary weapon, and I have a small investment in hammer for story content.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, all I can tell you is that healing talismans are super cheap on the AH, and you can probably put a set of blues near 15-25 together pretty cheaply if you're willing to buy up and fuse stuff. If you've been doing daily challenges you should have more than enough MOF.

Should cost about 2-5k per green 20 depending on prices, and I see how this gets expensive. So do some daily challenge runs, keep healing talismans, start fusing? You can rush through a bunch of missions in the first Egypt zone without aggroing anything to make it faster, get tons of bags, and go.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Got into savage coast. I remember not liking the areas with ak'kab. Enjoying it again.

For upgrades, you can pay Aurum to up the pips? I don't remember ever seeing what you get for 2 to 3 pips, do they have higher stats?

• Options
    Basically, if you consider 3-pip gear to be 100%, then 2-pip is 90% and 1-pip is 80%, in terms of stats at equal level.

Yes, you can pay aurum to up the pips to 3. It's ludicrously expensive, 2500 aurum.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Or 300kish MoF, if you're a fan of grinding dailies.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Got into savage coast. I remember not liking the areas with ak'kab. Enjoying it again.

For upgrades, you can pay Aurum to up the pips? I don't remember ever seeing what you get for 2 to 3 pips, do they have higher stats?

Don't worry about the pips right now. It's not really that big of a deal for the story content. The only thing that you might potentially want to upgrade the pips via Aurum might be a rare weapon drop with a highly desirable special effect that you want to pair with maximized stats. But outside of the elite dungeons and beyond, the disparity doesn't really matter.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Righto.

I'll probably try and get into some elite1 runs after the story and see how they are. Planning to go tank.

Hammer and shotgun are my weapons and they seem quite capable. For ELT tanking, will I need full HP talisman? Or will that depend on the difficulty of the content?

Also, can the weapon suffixes be moved around? I thought I saw someone talking about that.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Weapon suffixes are fixed.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Man, they went all-out to make gearing up suck shit.

Oh well, guess we can always save up and buy the right one.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I heard there's a new future tech cache.

Could you guys please link any images for the items in it, when they show up? Curious mind wants to know.

• Options

Could you guys please link any images for the items in it, when they show up? Curious mind wants to know.

Someone posted this on the subreddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-zSjKpiK5Xrldh9cs68T-gRuf6U22otQOnl8acf0y0E/edit#gid=606596955

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    So, there's icons next to all the slots in the group activity finder now.

What those indicate are the role with the fewest people queued for it at the moment. This is not really explained anywhere IN-GAME, to my knowledge.

• Options
    So we have icons now to let us know that the DPS queue is overflowing?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yay, the Build Manager now has a UI and an easy way to get to it in-game. You get 5 build slots, and you can buy 5 more for 1,000 MoF each.

• Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

Someone posted this on the subreddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-zSjKpiK5Xrldh9cs68T-gRuf6U22otQOnl8acf0y0E/edit#gid=606596955

Thanks!

...is that the plasma sword at the right of the image? That looks... kinda ugly.

• Options
    Here is a short video that shows all the weapon skins:

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I recently bought the role-playing game Dread and I've been thinking of a setting to do with my friends. I've been heavily leaning towards trying to do a story in TSW since none of them have played it so it will be fairly easy to have some surprises in it.

I'm just not sure if it would actually work and where I should start it. Anyone have some advice?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Start on Solomon Island on vacation, maybe, and they get stuck there when the fog drifts in? And then have them witness a Secret Worlder doing some superbee stuff, and try to follow them to figure out what the hell is going on?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Nah. Bees are boring. They're overpowered and provide no opportunity for dialog.

What should happen is that the party should cross paths with Deputy Andy. From there you can help put at the police station and run a few errands helping the citizens of the town. One of those little missions can then hook you into your main adventure. There are plenty of groups on the island that you can contact that can provide clues about what is going on. Orochi, the morning light, the CDC, and the military to name a few.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Orochiiii *shakes fist*

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Going back a bit, Kay, when you're talking about buying stuff from the AH to level up gear, do you mean buying those random 1 pip items at like 200 MoF a pop, for the 250 exp?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Going back a bit, Kay, when you're talking about buying stuff from the AH to level up gear, do you mean buying those random 1 pip items at like 200 MoF a pop, for the 250 exp?
    If you're levelling something to blue, it's not that expensive. If you're doing a healing power talisman, or a health talisman. It's how I put together a basic kit of 3-pip generic stuff to heal elite dungeons.

There's also the 2 pip purples for Third Age Fragments in Agartha if you have those.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I recently bought the role-playing game Dread and I've been thinking of a setting to do with my friends. I've been heavily leaning towards trying to do a story in TSW since none of them have played it so it will be fairly easy to have some surprises in it.

I'm just not sure if it would actually work and where I should start it. Anyone have some advice?

Something to do with Orochi might be a safe bet. Have them be the men in black for whatever shit goes down.

• Options
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Orochiiii *shakes fist*

s4zp43961ub7.png

• Options
    I really should grind TSW to buy that orochi outfit for PAX instead of like...I think it was 4k arum?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really should grind TSW to buy that orochi outfit for PAX instead of like...I think it was 4k arum?

The Orochi uniform from Issue 7? I think it's purchasable with Black Bullion in TSW.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

The Orochi uniform from Issue 7? I think it's purchasable with Black Bullion in TSW.

Whatever, all I know is that it's a grindable currency as opposed to a cash shop item

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Whatever, all I know is that it's a grindable currency as opposed to a cash shop item

Oh, no doubt.

• Options
    Technically you can buy the SWL one by grinding since you can exchange marks for aurum on the exchange market.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Technically you can buy the SWL one by grinding since you can exchange marks for aurum on the exchange market.

It will take you a lot longer to grind the MoF needed to earn 4k Aurum in SWL than it will take to earn however much BB it costs in TSW.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate all the advice. I have a much better idea of how I am going to do the story now.

Gonna have them vacationing and I really like the idea of having them meet Deputy Andy to advance the story. Just gotta bust out the questionnaires for characters and we can begin.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Trailer for the next installment of Tokyo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apcuh0Me6Q

There is a devstream scheduled for today as well, won't be able to watch it live though.

• Options
    As far as Dread goes, I've pondered doing a Secret World-inspired game of it, and I figure I would have the players probably be part of the mundane world who are thrust into the middle of an occult crisis.

Living in Iowa, I figure I would probably set it in Mt Vernon, since that's called out as a place where something happened but was immediately hushed up by Orochi.

• Options
    I don't really play rpg's, but I love absorbing the fluff of some of their settings and I can't wait for my Case Officer's Handbook from the Delta Green reboot to finally ship.

3DS Friend Code: