As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wolfenstein] Play it on Easy, pick Wyatt

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The guy you don't see unless you pick Wyatt

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Dude with the Guitar?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Who's J?
    He's "Not-Jimi-Hendrix" if you go the Wyatt path.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    J was awesome going in blind

but I can see why hyping him up is massively underwhelming

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    J was awesome going in blind

but I can see why hyping him up is massively underwhelming
    He doesn't actually do anything

He has that one really nice moment where he lays out in plain and simple terms that the Nazis were far from the first oppressive regime he's seen in America, but that's about it

His big last stand was what was majorly hyped up for me, and I thought it was this big dramatic moment where he does anything?

But he just plays the first 6 notes of the national anthem (which is a song I don't think would have any particular meaning to him because he laid out how life in America sucked for him well before the Nazis) and is unceremoniously gunned down

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I like that the reveal trailer for The New Colossus included a first-person clip of BJ climbing through yet another impossibly small grate. They are not leaving any dumb jokes behind.

edit: maybe I'm misremembering this? Can't seem to find it again.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Which game do I buy to get ready for this Wolfenstein 2 game?

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I feel picking Fergus had the bigger effect for me.
    Him breaking down and telling BJ what a giant shit he is for picking wyatt to die really made me feel like fucking garbage.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

The New Order

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Him breaking down and telling BJ what a giant shit he is for picking wyatt to die really made me feel like fucking garbage.

I am going to do another playthrough just to experience the difference.

This game is just so good.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You get the same thing from Wyatt,
    who yells at you for picking a completely green kid over a seasoned veteran who knows what the hell he's doing.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    You get the same thing from Wyatt,
    who yells at you for picking a completely green kid over a seasoned veteran who knows what the hell he's doing.

Oh, didn't know that.
    I think Fergus makes the better argument though. You picked an old tired dude because he felt useful to ya (to me atleast), instead of the poor kid who got wrapped up in this shit and potentially had his whole damn life ahead of him. I felt like he was right. He totally called me out on what I did

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Jeez, is it that long?

Maybe I just took forever, but the intro is at LEAST 90 minutes

It's so good though!

You get a taste of Nazi-killing quickly enough, and I love the setpiece where you actually get in the castle

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Yeah I actually kind of want The Old Blood just because I really like shootin, stabbin, and stranglin Nazi-ass Nazis in WW2

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'm going to finally play TNO. Any strong preferences for controller vs KB/M?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yeah I actually kind of want The Old Blood just because I really like shootin, stabbin, and stranglin Nazi-ass Nazis in WW2

Yeah I've already played TNO like six times, I kinda want new nazi killing even if it isn't as good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm going to finally play TNO. Any strong preferences for controller vs KB/M?

I'll always take KB/M for a FPS when given the option. Though, with TNO, you gotta pick up everything manually with your use key. Medpacks, ammo, weapons, etc. Whichever input device makes that less annoying for you I suppose.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

The New Order

Thanks, bought it!

• Options

The New Order

Thanks, bought it!

Now get out there and kill some motherfucking nazis.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    the thing i've heard about wolfenstein 2009 is that it was so caught up in chasing modern trends at the time that it doesn't really end up having much of an identity or character of its own.

• Options
    Just finished chapter 1 of the old blood.

Off to a bit of a rough start, very stealth focused, really leaning too hard on this new pipe mechanic for stealth kills, opening doors, and climbing walls. They are going in HARD on this pipe (hahah! dick jokes) and honestly it just feels like a gimmick that is getting in the way of killing nazis.

Now I seem to be on an on rails boat shooter section.

That said, hooking a nazi from behind with a pipe and then stabbing them through the neck is pretty good.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I thought the pipe had some fun uses

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I actually really liked being sneaky and killing an entire complex full of people with the same throwing knife in new order

rhylith on
  • Options
    I played for about five minutes. My internet is slow.

• Options
    Does anyone know if upping the difficulty (I guess in the old blood specifically) improves enemy AI at all or does it just make them do more damage and take more bullets to kill?

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if upping the difficulty (I guess in the old blood specifically) improves enemy AI at all or does it just make them do more damage and take more bullets to kill?

I beat TNO on Uber just a bit ago and it mostly just seemed to make the numbers go up? There were a couple of times where they flanked me, but if I'm going to be honest that was probably partially my bad

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I'd find it hard to believe they did that much work on that expansion

• Options

I beat TNO on Uber just a bit ago and it mostly just seemed to make the numbers go up? There were a couple of times where they flanked me, but if I'm going to be honest that was probably partially my bad

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I'd find it hard to believe they did that much work on that expansion

Nah it's a pretty useful answer actually, so thanks!

The AI in the old blood seems somewhat improved, more flanking, more trying to flush out with grenades, but it still mostly overly passive and unthreatening. But if changing the difficulty didn't tweak AI routines in TNO than I doubt it would in TOB.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Bought and complete TNO recently. It's a great game but I wasn't expecting it
    to basically have two very different tones. I expected nazi robots and superweapons and overall camp sillyness which I got. I did not expect to game to regularly gut punch you emotionally. The game loves to have some horrible nazi thing come round and just break the camp.

Most notably,
    The incinerators in deathsheads compound at the start.
    The already mentioned fergus chewing me out.
    The nazis shooting up the mental hospital.
    The whole concentration camp sequence.
    Finding the camp survivors ring and realising she is the wife of the guy you swapped suits with and he didn't survive.
    Wyatt (or I'm guessing fergus, haven't done the other timeline yet) begging for death.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I actually really liked being sneaky and killing an entire complex full of people with the same throwing knife in new order

Yeah, the optional stealth segments in TNO were some of my favorite parts of that game.

Silenced pistols and knife throws all day erryday.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Between The Old Blood and The New Order, I'm wondering if there are any other neat Weird War 2 properties or games out there.

I know there was Silent Storm back in the day but I don't think the engine has aged well at all. And I know Bolt Action has it's Konflict 47 miniatures line, but I have to assume there is more stuff out there that I do not know about.

• Options
    Between The Old Blood and The New Order, I'm wondering if there are any other neat Weird War 2 properties or games out there.

I know there was Silent Storm back in the day but I don't think the engine has aged well at all. And I know Bolt Action has it's Konflict 47 miniatures line, but I have to assume there is more stuff out there that I do not know about.

We're not supposed to link to the website, but look up "Stupid Jetpack Hitler" on TV Tropes.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I remember something called Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe from WAY back in the day. I think it was experimental planes stuff.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I remember something called Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe from WAY back in the day. I think it was experimental planes stuff.

That was an old LucasArts game I think!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    The weapons in The Old Blood are straight up more fun than those in The New Order.

TNO's sniper rifle was functional. It did its job. TOB's sniper rifle rips Nazi head and arms off at extreme ranges.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    The weapons in The Old Blood are straight up more fun than those in The New Order.

TNO's sniper rifle was functional. It did its job. TOB's sniper rifle rips Nazi head and arms off at extreme ranges.

...fuck, now I need to buy this for sure

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So, the price for TNO at Gamestop is higher than it was a month ago, and I'm having a difficult time finding it in local stores.

I'm guessing the trailer for The New Colossus drive sales up? Either that or a bunch of people in my town got into the killin' Nazi business
    https://youtu.be/qaUNwKBGVmU

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I've played about an hour of this game, tno, now

It's really good

My only complaint is that it's really hard to read the tool tips for some reason

My TV isn't smol either

Is there a way to change the color of the text?

Silly question
    Can BJ? Are we still calling him BJ? Or is it Blazko now? Hear the Nazi walkie talkies because of that shrapnel in his head?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am finishing TNO tomorrow.

It is my mission.

I may also start a second play through. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I've played about an hour of this game, tno, now

It's really good

My only complaint is that it's really hard to read the tool tips for some reason

My TV isn't smol either

Is there a way to change the color of the text?

Silly question
    Can BJ? Are we still calling him BJ? Or is it Blazko now? Hear the Nazi walkie talkies because of that shrapnel in his head?

His name is William Joseph Blazkowicz. BJ to his friends, Blazko to his British friends and Billy-Boy when he was a child (and in his inner monologue).

In the the old timelime his son becomes a shock jock radio DJ and goes by the last name of Blaze. He names his own son after his father; William Joseph Blazkowicz II, aka Billy Blaze aka Commander Keen.

Somewhere down the line, one of his descendants becomes a marine, assaults a commanding officer and get shipped out to babysitting duty in a UAC facility on Mars as punishment.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Why hasn't there been a game where the icon of sin engraves itself upon the monolithic face of castle wolfenstein and you have to fight satan-hitler

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png