As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    There is this massive swole bro that has the same workout schedule as me. Or maybe he just lives here, idk. He's super nice tho and was super encouraging spotting me on the bench even tho he reps like double the weight

"even tho" as though repping high weights would make him a jerk

This antibroism is disgusting

No just how a lot of people operate

Ref: everyone that sneers down their nose at noobs in games/art/music/sports

Surely people don't sneer at each other over performance in such things. I can't even imagine.

Well, you can't imagine it because you aren't good at any of those things

Could you imagine if I just left it there? Like, where did that come from, Jesus, Narwhal.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    when sig and I have the same thought at the same time

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Dadhole is not an alternative name for cornhole that is too obvious.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    dingleberryhole

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    getting a cow pile or the dirty rollup mirite

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Dadhole is not an alternative name for cornhole that is too obvious.

It's on Wikipedia it must be true

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    There is this massive swole bro that has the same workout schedule as me. Or maybe he just lives here, idk. He's super nice tho and was super encouraging spotting me on the bench even tho he reps like double the weight

"even tho" as though repping high weights would make him a jerk

This antibroism is disgusting

No just how a lot of people operate

Ref: everyone that sneers down their nose at noobs in games/art/music/sports

Surely people don't sneer at each other over performance in such things. I can't even imagine.

Well, you can't imagine it because you aren't good at any of those things

Could you imagine if I just left it there? Like, where did that come from, Jesus, Narwhal.

savage

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I played my first two games of Warhammer 40k 8th edition yesterday and today I have a fever and my throat hurts.

Coincidence? I think not.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I played my first two games of Warhammer 40k 8th edition yesterday and today I have a fever and my throat hurts.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Papa Nurgle's gifts are plenty.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    How playable is Stellaris on a big screen, using a mouse, and no keyboard? Asking for a lazy friend.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    How playable is Stellaris on a big screen, using a mouse, and no keyboard? Asking for a lazy friend.

Did you buy it, btw?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I just came back from a run, the weather outside is perfect at 6 am and park was relatively empty. I still hate passing people on the trail while they're walking their dogs. Those leashes are long, I'm running at a good clip, who knows if a dog while decide to take a nip out of my heels.

No I'm not paranoid, you know it happened to someone out there once.

I just realized you can go to Jimmy Jacks and tell everyone that the best BBQ is in Iowa @elki

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I think you don't need to use the keyboard most of the time, but you maybe do need to be able to shift-click to rearrange your fleets? Maybe you can remap that to something with just a mouse though.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

Did you buy it, btw?

No, I've been busy playing Batman: AA and being indecisive.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

It's more convenient to pause and unpause with a spacebar, but otherwise you'd be fine

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Did you buy it, btw?

Well, I have a spare base game sans DLC that I got in a Humble Bundle. Yours if you want it.

• Options

Did you buy it, btw?

Well, I have a spare base game sans DLC that I got in a Humble Bundle. Yours if you want it.

Hell yeah.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I just came back from a run, the weather outside is perfect at 6 am and park was relatively empty. I still hate passing people on the trail while they're walking their dogs. Those leashes are long, I'm running at a good clip, who knows if a dog while decide to take a nip out of my heels.

I just realized you can go to Jimmy Jacks and tell everyone that the best BBQ is in Iowa elki

There's one in downtown and another one a bit out of town. Is the downtown one good?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elki, dogs on leashes are not going to lunge at a runner after they pass. They'd lunge before! They'd lunge right as you pass, like a police dog.

And they wouldn't bite a foot. That's a good way to get kicked in the mouth. They'd go for the butt and chomp chomp.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

I just realized you can go to Jimmy Jacks and tell everyone that the best BBQ is in Iowa elki

There's one in downtown and another one a bit out of town. Is the downtown one good?

That one is new. I only know the one out by sycamore mall. They have the best fries.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'd definitely take Stellaris over Darkest Dungeon or No Man's Sky

• Options
    Elki, dogs on leashes are not going to lunge at a runner after they pass. They'd lunge before! They'd lunge right as you pass, like a police dog.

And they wouldn't bite a foot. That's a good way to get kicked in the mouth. They'd go for the butt and chomp chomp.

no no, this is totally wrong. Dogs on leashes will attempt to clothesline you. They generally sprint to one side then leap so the leash hits you right in the neck as you go by.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i've found dogs on leashes will attempt to outwit you with cunning riddles

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

I'm totally justified in technique of running off the trail and onto the grass, 15 feet away from the dog.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    (I have been tripped by my own dog, the old Akita when he was younger and we ran together. He cut across me suddenly and I went 100% horizontal and smacked into the sidewalk.)

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    My dachshund mix feigns disinterest when people approach us, and then often sneaks over to sniff their heels as they walk past

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

I'm totally justified in technique of running off the trail and onto the grass, 15 feet away from the dog.

no you need to run towards the dog. If you go on the grass they'll think you are grass. Then they chase you down and pee on you.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Who is it that's really on the leash though? The dog

or the human?

• Options

or the human?

maek
    u
    think

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

or the human?

maek
    u
    think

i mean we can clearly see it's the dog but

• Options

Have you tried instead stopping and petting the dog.

asoqjhi0anji.jpg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

or the human?

maek
    u
    think

i mean we can clearly see it's the dog but

Chabus get outta here with that critical thinking bullshit

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    2015: The President sings Amazing Grace.

2017: The President clotheslines an anthropomorphic representation of a major news network to the ground.

2019: ? ? ? U N I T E D E A R T H O F C E N A T I O N ? ? ?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

what is brown and has bark
    a stick
    no it is i, dog

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

2017: The President clotheslines an anthropomorphic representation of a major news network to the ground.

John Cena would be a better president than Donald Trump

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

what is brown and has bark
    a stick
    no it is i, dog

clever pupper

clever

• Options
    On the page with the "Aware of Dog" image was this autoplay video ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvO1pC3A-94

Prepare yourself.

• Options

Have you tried instead stopping and petting the dog.

asoqjhi0anji.jpg

No, I need very controlled environments for my introduction to dogs. I need to meet the owner beforehand, and check their background, and learn about their life philosophy before they can tell their dog about me and then we can meet up.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »

John Cena would be a better president than Donald Trump

This discussion has been closed.