Options

[Steam] Where the game labels may be overused, but they should all say +1 to Backlog.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I grabbed the reinforcement pack of DLC when I bought War of the Chosen, since I figured I may as well play through it with all the stuff.
    I liked the special armors you could get from the Alien Rulers, but in practice, battling them was kind of obnoxious. Not really challenging in an interesting way like the Chosen could be.
    My Spark didn't last long enough for me to judge its overall usefulness, but it's no where near as interesting as the three War of the Chosen classes. And then the rest of the DLC is the goofy outfits, which you can probably get plenty of via the Workshop if you want some.

So I'd say it's pretty skippable stuff, especially considering the $$ they're asking for. War of The Chosen itself is rather cool.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I like when a game has a GOTY edition that doesn't include all the DLC, like Borderlands 2.

Yeah, that's one way to really piss me off. Oblivion did that as well.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    What's the deal with the Pacman games on Steam. I recall some being talked about as being crap. I have CE and it's solid, but I vaguely recall negative talk about some of the others.

They may be talking about 256, which is great if you're young or dont care about RNG, but anyone who cares about score at all should stay clear away.

Also I think there was something about it being free on phones so why would you want to pay for it? (Well I mean I payed for it because I hate playing games on phones but that's a legit thing to bring up if you like gaming on your information superhighway phone device.)

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm stuck in DivOS 1. Anyone have tips on how to defeat the boss in the church at the end of the cyseal stuff?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SwDAqdk.png

godfuckingdammit all to hell and back

@destroyah87 is the biggest monster of them all, confirmed yet again.

Thanks, you amazing jerk! <3<3<3

Hmm... now whatever am I gonna do with all this card money... ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think we all saw that coming

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    SwDAqdk.png

Aaaaahahaha! I fucking knew that was going to happen! Nice one destroyah! :Lol:

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Since most of my steam friend list is via this thread, how are you all finding each other for some of that sweet sweet backlog black hole PUBG?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I got to stop throwing shit away in Divinity OS.

*Finds special staff that can one shot a specific type of enemy, ignores that tidbit and sells it only to run into an enemy that is damn near unkillable without it"

Sigh.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    So uh, space games. I want to build space ships and explore planets. Is space engineers any good now? When I first got it, it was barely a game. Any other games that people can recommend?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm stuck in DivOS 1. Anyone have tips on how to defeat the boss in the church at the end of the cyseal stuff?

What is your party setup?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    So uh, space games. I want to build space ships and explore planets. Is space engineers any good now? When I first got it, it was barely a game. Any other games that people can recommend?

Osiris: New Dawn is kinda like playing The Martian, mostly survival in a hostile world. You can eventually build a ship to explore a moon, but that's a bit more long term.

I can only wish that Space Engineers eventually gets some more gameplay, because I'm a fan of the building aspect.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I have to go back and play Divinity OS at some point. I started playing with a friend of mine, and then we stopped playing after a few days. Haven't gone back to it since then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

Osiris: New Dawn is kinda like playing The Martian, mostly survival in a hostile world. You can eventually build a ship to explore a moon, but that's a bit more long term.

I can only wish that Space Engineers eventually gets some more gameplay, because I'm a fan of the building aspect.

Can I build a custom ship in Osiris? Or is it more like an astroneer thing?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Spoit wrote: »
    @Spoit They're all vulnerable to various status effects as are many bosses in OS.
    Spread your party out before combat so he can't oneshot them in a cluster with meteor. Try to keep Barracus out of action for as long as you can. Knock him down, freeze him, cast rain to weaken his and the twins' attacks. This will make it easier to pick off the others who you can also try to paralyze as much as possible. Try to kill the twins or ghoul first. The former is the most annoying, the latter the easiest to take down.

Special arrows and grenades are a godsend in this game. Stock them on your characters that don't have magic or access to the elements. Charm in particular is incredible against large groups of enemies. Don't bother buying armor and weapons, in my experience, theres enough loot drops for you to not need to purchase it.

One strategy is to essentially block his allies by summoning minions/pets/elementals (you can get an infinite use one if you finish a certain sidequest in Black Cove related to the talking head from Cyseal) through scrolls or spells. They'll become preoccupied with them and be harder for them to close in and overwhelm your party.

Crowd control is king in this game. Get a handle on it and always keep tools mentioned above handy to utilize it and it gets significantly easier.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Can I build a custom ship in Osiris? Or is it more like an astroneer thing?

Nah, it's fixed designs.

There's always Kerbal, and that's pure undiluted awesome.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Avorion is off to a good start for spaceship building fun. There's no planetary gameplay, it all takes place in space. It's early access but the sandbox gameplay already has a lot going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGY-SatHqDg

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I really want to put more time into Space Engineers. But the load times are total pants on my aging machine and all my attempts at building a land vehicle end in frustration.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    As many of you know, the Humble Store is giving away free copies of Psychonauts. I got one for my wife today (she doesn't have a Humble account). Turns out she already had it.

So now someone else gets the key in case you don't want to click a few buttons on Humble's site.

Loading...?

Register it ASAP, because the key expires on September 30th!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    My first day completed after the new patch for Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 ended with a crash immediately upon claiming my final reward. I think I'll wait until tomorrow and see if that's common or not before playing again.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hmm. There is already another patch for CSD 2.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    Avorion is off to a good start for spaceship building fun. There's no planetary gameplay, it all takes place in space. It's early access but the sandbox gameplay already has a lot going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGY-SatHqDg

Avorion looks a bit like Starmade. Man, I haven't thought of starmade in a long time, I wonder what state that game is in.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Dyah-dya, dyah-dyah, D-D-DYAH D-DYAH DYAH DYAH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fkzvvvd50

Dyah Dyah Dyah Dyah Dyah D-D-Dyah Dyah, D-D-Dyah Dyah!

Steam Beta on October 18th baybee!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    SwDAqdk.png

Destroyah has learned the lessons of the gift-a-pult well. Seeker and Keeper need a tutor... interested in the job, Destroyah?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    So I finished up Sakura Spirit the other night.

It was a thing? I felt like there was potential for there to be a cool story there but it ended up just being a whole lot of fan service. I wouldn't even say it rated on the Lusty scale.
    was fun though to click through to kill some time though. Thanks a bunch @JaysonFour for that one!

A better version of something similar is definitely Army Girls. way wayyy better. (Also thanks to JaysonFour for that one as well).

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Dyah-dya, dyah-dyah, D-D-DYAH D-DYAH DYAH DYAH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fkzvvvd50

Dyah Dyah Dyah Dyah Dyah D-D-Dyah Dyah, D-D-Dyah Dyah!

Steam Beta on October 18th baybee!

Ah, man, Evolution. It's one of my favorite board games in my collection. Not sure how well it'll translate to not being able to see the people you're playing against, though. Bluffing "Imma go carnivore/sure you are" shenanigans and the like add to the ambiance.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Hmm. There is already another patch for CSD 2.

He got reports of the crashing, figured the bug out, and went back and patched it, so you should be good to go now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    What's the deal with the Pacman games on Steam. I recall some being talked about as being crap. I have CE and it's solid, but I vaguely recall negative talk about some of the others.

They may be talking about 256, which is great if you're young or dont care about RNG, but anyone who cares about score at all should stay clear away.

nah 256 is a great game absolutely get it.

DX+ is awesome, CE 2 is not, the ghost bumping mechanic is insanely frustrating
    Drake wrote: »

Also I think there was something about it being free on phones so why would you want to pay for it? (Well I mean I payed for it because I hate playing games on phones but that's a legit thing to bring up if you like gaming on your information superhighway phone device.)

because playing a pac-man game on a phone is a recipe for going nuts

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Well, I should've seen this coming.
    d7bjvg4bhx76.jpg
    @Pixelated Pixie did the thing. Thank you for Divinity Original Sins 2! Installing this right now.

And here I was, selling off my extra cards and also idling the rest of my drops. All for nothing... well, not nothing actually. :biggrin:

Also while I'm here, I should think people for games that I didn't get around to.
    vko2dlbaqor0.jpg
    injfrfloy0rr.jpg
    Thank you @JaysonFour and @Pixelated Pixie for the past gifts of Flying Tigers and Downward respectively.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    qug6O2N.png

k2Lbxzd.png

I got gift-a-pulted.

Thanks @JaysonFour for The Herbalist and Tyranny DLC. Woo! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm really enjoying Cook Serve Delicious 2.

Thanks to the early problems with never-ending buzz generation in your own restaurant, I was forced into the (rather voluminous) Chef for Hire level selection (I also love the 'about' section of each of these restaurant chains making fun of well-known franchises) and got to learning a lot of mnemonics for the initially overwhelming library of recipes in the game. A lot of them start off with at least a couple of side dishes in your menu. Sides serve as a patience extender for customers, but are also consumed with every sold entree to give a bonus to perfect orders that earn you tips. The deeper levels assume you've had plenty of practice with the entrees of that particular restaurant chain and you're left with no sides to serve at all, which is where the difficulty ramps up.

Also, that soundtrack. God, it feels so freaking epic when I can feel actual sweat forming on my brow struggling to keep my perfect run intact during a particularly brutal rush hour and then this track kicks in:

https://youtu.be/6nTXCvCAIE4?t=1h6m20s

I hope the developer eventually gets around to properly implementing buzz and detractors for your own restaurant's menus instead of just holding station info, 'cos that's where I want to spend the majority of my time in the game. I'm enjoying the furniture unlocks for my place, though; finally got dividers for my booths!

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After quite some time I finished Hollow Knight with 100 % completion and defeated a True Final No, Really, Boss.

There were a lot of really frustrating moments (Fool's Trial, White Palace), but I don't regret spending so much time on this game. After finishing HK now I understand why so many people love Dark Souls - it's pretty cool to get owned by bosses ten times, but become better with each try, and then defeat opponent effortlessly after memorizing his moves.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    After quite some time I finished Hollow Knight with 100 % completion and defeated a True Final No, Really, Boss.

There were a lot of really frustrating moments (Fool's Trial, White Palace), but I don't regret spending so much time on this game. After finishing HK now I understand why so many people love Dark Souls - it's pretty cool to get owned by bosses ten times, but become better with each try, and then defeat opponent effortlessly after memorizing his moves.

This is why I loved progression raiding in WoW so much. Wish I could do that again, sometimes.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Register it ASAP, because the key expires on September 30th!

That's my birthday. I turn 36. And I feel everyday of it, too.

Here's some (moderately) decent news for any fans of Friday the 13th: The Game

2ZSr54A.jpg

Posted/shared via their official Twitter account. So at least we have new content coming. New maps are certainly welcome. New counselors will be great. I'm glad that they have a plan that they're sticking to & that they're giving us information about what's coming & a vague timeline for new things. I don't personally care too much about having new versions of Jason to play with but new content is always welcome. I just prefer to play as a counselor.

I'm also, shamefully, genuinely excited about the swim wear clothing DLC. I always play as Eric LaChappa, the husky kid and it cracked me up seeing that his swimwear was a big hawaiian shirt and velcro shoes.

Also, I got super trolled in Rust and I'm not even mad. It was honestly quite funny. So, for anyone unfamiliar with the game, you spawn naked on a beach with nothing but a rock. With the rock, you beat on trees and shit to harvest various materials, such as wood or stone, that you then use to build/craft things. It's pretty unforgiving to new players as you die, a lot. Either due to the wildlife, hunger or other players (whom usually already have guns and shit when you spawn in). So after getting the hang of the game and figuring out how to do things on a few different servers, I have a decent thing going. I have a ton of wood, a ton of stone, a bunch of metal that I melted down to get more materials to upgrade all of my stuff. I craft weapons and armor and I'm doing really well. I build myself up a big base and it's just chock full of boxes full of all the stuff that I've collected or made. Mostly because whenever I leave my home, I put everything up so that if I die, I don't lose it all. So, long story short, someone assaults my base with explosives and blows my door off and instead of killing me or just blowing up my base and talking all of my stuff, they just blew up my door, tore down my tool cabinet and made a new door with a new lock/access code. So I'm locked out of my own house. So I basically just made all of that stuff for someone else.

A lesson was learned on that day.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Coffey wrote: »

Was the lesson, "Don't play Rust." because that's the lesson I learned from my own Rust playtime.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »

Was the lesson, "Don't play Rust." because that's the lesson I learned from my own Rust playtime.

First time I ever played Rust was on the official Reddit server and I rage quit in under ten minutes. I didn't touch the game for a few months after that. Went back later & tried it again outta boredom and it still really stinks to get ganked or worse, lose all your stuff when you're logged out, but if I don't take it too seriously, it's fine. Just gotta accept that you're gonna die and lose all your stuff, no matter what. Best case scenario you lose nothing and then the server wipes anyway. So you still lose it all.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Are there hot strats to sell really low-priced cards?

I think i'm gonna rid myself of my cards since i don't feel like making badges out of most.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Are there hot strats to sell really low-priced cards?

I think i'm gonna rid myself of my cards since i don't feel like making badges out of most.

If I want to squeeze every cent I can for them I usually check how fast they are selling (by looking at the volume sold in the last 24 hours) and then decide the price depending on how many cards are listed at the lowest price. If it's a small number compared to the volume being sold I usually tend to list them a cent or more higher. There's always people trying to just dump cards and selling fast for -1 cent so the current lowest price isn't always the best.

If you don't have the patience to do that, listing them at the current lowest price is usually fine too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Folks, remember that you can set a custom URL for your Steam profile.

Don't be like me and keep putting it off, only to find out some imposter claimed your screen-name-as-URL for what I can only assume are nefarious purposes in order to defame me.

Anyway, now you can hit me up at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimusmpreg

EDIT:
    The person who actually has the URL seems to be not very active on Steam, don't bug 'em.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Got a new phone, so in one week I'm gonna sell the 100 or so cards I idled for over the past few days.

I can't wait to spend the four dollars I make!

Edit: I feel your pain, man, there is a "Smokestacks" on Steam that, last I checked, was a shirtless redneck from Florida who hasn't been online in years.

SmokeStacks on
This discussion has been closed.