Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Somewhere, in Chaldea, this could all be happening right now

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yup.

Check out Fate/Zero if you want to know why Waver is such an excellent character and what an "El-Melloi" is

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh, he's some schmuck

(Congrats on getting one of the best cards in the entire game)

Wait is this the guy everyone's been calling Waver?

Waver Velvet is his actual name.
    He becomes Lord El-Melloi II after he's 'adopted' into their house for his later deeds in saving/reviving their house.
    Zhuge Liang is the Romance of the Three Kingdoms famous strategist who should have been a fucking servant himself.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Hey, at least they had him possess someone interesting

poor Parvati.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hey, at least they had him possess someone interesting

poor Parvati.

Dark Sakura is interesting.

• Options
    I would definitely summon for a Dark Sakura psudeoservant.

Regular sakura... eh, not so much.

I would also summon for a Shinji psudeoservant, just because I would get a kick out of using the servant that nobody else on the planet wanted

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    And then Rin just has a party inside of her apparently

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »
    Angra's deal is that he's the weakest Servant. That's his shtick, that's why he has zero stars. He's pretty much a normal Ancient Person dude who for various reasons was worshipped as a sort of scapegoat and gets summoned as Angra Mainyu, Zoroastrian god of evil, because of reasons that are spoilery to Fate/Stay Night.

He was secretly added to the FP gacha during the Fate/Zero collab event, and is crazy rare. Functionally he's pretty similar to 2*s, I guess?

It actually fits that he was added during the Fate/Zero event, and secretly at that.

Background details along with Fate Zero AND Stay Night spoilers to follow.
    Angra Mainyu is the worst. By his very nature. He is literally a random guy from a village, who they locked up in a cave and sent all their prayers,
    wishes, and hopes for evil things to happen to HIM, rather than to THEM. The problem is, well, in the books of Zoroastrianism, he's the God of Darkness. The Great Destroyer. Dogs and Cats Living Together. Mass Hysteria.

This wouldn't normally be a problem, except the truth at the center of everything got lost to time, and somebody tried to summon Actually Satan to fight in the Fate/Zero war, and instead got Joe Schmoe.

It didn't work out, because sending a regular human being to fight servants, it's been established that doesn't work well. On top of that Angra's Noble Phantasm, while horribly overpowered in VERY specific controlled circumstances (Like when you have Fragglerock as your Master) is complete JUNK unless Angra receives a royal beating that doesn't actually kill him. Not very likely in a Servant fight.

So, Angra dies horribly.

That's where things get REALLY BAD. Because well, when you kill a Servant, they go into the Grail as part of the system for granting a wish. Remember that whole line about him being stuck with everyone's wishes and prayers for bad shit to happen? Well, when Angra died, a whole religion's worth of wishes went into the Grail consisting of "Make Bad S*** Happen". So, the Grail begins to try to grant the wish put into it. This leads to massive problems during the Grail Wars which take place in Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night.

You got something wrong there.
    He got summoned in the THIRD war, the war before Zero.

In the Appocrypha universe, instead of Avenger, the Einzberns summon Ruler instead, which leads to the divergence there.

When is any of this revealed?

Also, Apocrypha is a different universe? How d

Is Angra currently in the US FP gacha?

Where does heaven's feel fit in?

Some of it's revealed in the Fate/stay night visual novel. Some of it is revealed in the Fate/hollow ataraxia visual novel, its sequel.

Apocrypha is in a different universe that diverges in the 3rd war. Likewise, Extra/Extella and Prisma Illya are in different universes themselves with bigger changes.

Angra isn't in the US FP Gatcha yet.

Heaven's Feel is the third version of Fate/stay night.
    Edit: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel are all different/separate diverging storylines of Fate/stay night. Fate and UBW are two sides of the same coin, while HF goes in a very different direction.

Am I able to buy translates versions of those visual novels?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I got a gift card for thanksgiving so like a responsible adult I bought some quartz. So Ten pull.

Oh boy! Gold Lancer card!
    ytPWO0W.jpg

..Oh

NP4 Medusa though.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Angra's deal is that he's the weakest Servant. That's his shtick, that's why he has zero stars. He's pretty much a normal Ancient Person dude who for various reasons was worshipped as a sort of scapegoat and gets summoned as Angra Mainyu, Zoroastrian god of evil, because of reasons that are spoilery to Fate/Stay Night.

He was secretly added to the FP gacha during the Fate/Zero collab event, and is crazy rare. Functionally he's pretty similar to 2*s, I guess?

It actually fits that he was added during the Fate/Zero event, and secretly at that.

Angra Mainyu is the worst. By his very nature. He is literally a random guy from a village, who they locked up in a cave and sent all their prayers,
    wishes, and hopes for evil things to happen to HIM, rather than to THEM. The problem is, well, in the books of Zoroastrianism, he's the God of Darkness. The Great Destroyer. Dogs and Cats Living Together. Mass Hysteria.

This wouldn't normally be a problem, except the truth at the center of everything got lost to time, and somebody tried to summon Actually Satan to fight in the Fate/Zero war, and instead got Joe Schmoe.

It didn't work out, because sending a regular human being to fight servants, it's been established that doesn't work well. On top of that Angra's Noble Phantasm, while horribly overpowered in VERY specific controlled circumstances (Like when you have Fragglerock as your Master) is complete JUNK unless Angra receives a royal beating that doesn't actually kill him. Not very likely in a Servant fight.

So, Angra dies horribly.

That's where things get REALLY BAD. Because well, when you kill a Servant, they go into the Grail as part of the system for granting a wish. Remember that whole line about him being stuck with everyone's wishes and prayers for bad shit to happen? Well, when Angra died, a whole religion's worth of wishes went into the Grail consisting of "Make Bad S*** Happen". So, the Grail begins to try to grant the wish put into it. This leads to massive problems during the Grail Wars which take place in Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night.

In the Appocrypha universe, instead of Avenger, the Einzberns summon Ruler instead, which leads to the divergence there.

Some of it's revealed in the Fate/stay night visual novel. Some of it is revealed in the Fate/hollow ataraxia visual novel, its sequel.

Apocrypha is in a different universe that diverges in the 3rd war. Likewise, Extra/Extella and Prisma Illya are in different universes themselves with bigger changes.

Edit: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel are all different/separate diverging storylines of Fate/stay night. Fate and UBW are two sides of the same coin, while HF goes in a very different direction.

There's no official english localization of the Fate/Stay Night or Fate/Hollow Ataraxia visual novels, just fan localization patches for the japanese versions. Fate/Zero and Fate/Apocrypha never had visual novels, they were light novels that got adapted straight into animes.

If I remember correctly the only officially localized Fate things, other than the hellish nightmare slot machine this thread is about, are several recent anime series adapting Fate/Stay Night's Unlimited Blade Works route, Fate/Zero, and Prisma Illya; plus a movie adapting the first part of F/SN's Heaven's Feel route; and the games Fate/Extra and Fate/Extella.

But tragically the most centrally important and canon Fate thing, Carnival Phantasm, does not have an official english localization.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, outside the video games (and only some of them) and the animes: everything's fan translated. The visual novels are all fan translated and have been for ages. A bunch of the various light novel spinoffs are translated or have translations in the works. The mangas are fan translated. There isn't a single official localization of an origional Type Moon work outside of the Extra/Extella and Grand Order games.

Type Moon seemingly doesn't want international money considering how high the demand would be for official versions. The Fate fanbase is ridiculously huge in the anime/etc. group and they've been forced to translate almost everything themselves for over a decade.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

So, Angra dies horribly.

There's no official english localization of the Fate/Stay Night or Fate/Hollow Ataraxia visual novels, just fan localization patches for the japanese versions. Fate/Zero and Fate/Apocrypha never had visual novels, they were light novels that got adapted straight into animes.

If I remember correctly the only officially localized Fate things, other than the hellish nightmare slot machine this thread is about, are several recent anime series adapting Fate/Stay Night's Unlimited Blade Works route, Fate/Zero, and Prisma Illya; plus a movie adapting the first part of F/SN's Heaven's Feel route; and the games Fate/Extra and Fate/Extella.

But tragically the most centrally important and canon Fate thing, Carnival Phantasm, does not have an official english localization.

It was a couple years back, but I was able to track down the whole thing fansubbed on youtube. And the last episode had one of the biggest _feels_ it must be possible to get for anyone who has seen Fate/Zero.

• Options
    The extended Fate/Prototype "trailer" was kinda cool.

Funny enough that while Prototype has never been fully written or created, it got a full prequel novel series (5 books) going for the Fate/Zero treatment with a very interesting selection of servants: King Arthur, Arash, Brynhildr, Ozymandias, Paracellsus, Hassan of Serenity, and Dr. Jekyll/Mr . Hyde.

Note that this is the universe where King Arthur is still male.

• Options
    Speaking of side stuff, I want Fate/Strange Fake to get an adaption someday. The novels were written by the author of Baccano/Durarara and it's the only Fate work that heavily features Tsukihime stuff... i.e you get both Servants and Dead Apostles (Type Moon Vampires) in the same work.

• Options
    Tripled down on my best 5* servant and started skill leveling AO

Up to 6/4/4 now

I almost want to grail him up since I have him at NP2, but I feel like I should save that for the many 4* servants I want to use instead to just bring them up to 90

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I have no idea what to do with my grails. I pumped Emiya up to 92 before the second thoughts set in; I'll probably still get him to 100 but not until his strengthening quests show up.

Scathath and Okita are both tempting, but I only have the 2 grails left for now and it's probably better to save them for when I'm sure and can take someone from 90 to 100 in one long, extended, grindfest.

Right now I'm most tempted by Marie. I hardly use her anymore, but she was my tutorial roll servant and carried me through the early game. Her story moments were cool and I really liked her characterization too, which, considering she's Marie fucking Antoinette, is fairly impressive.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Grailing from 90-100 feels kind of wasteful to me

Generally you're looking at just north of 1000 extra attack, best case, by grailing someone to 100

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    search your feelings and grail the servants you like, be like that guy i saw in my supports with a 90 sanson

• Options
    It's me, the guy who is going to level 100 either David or Medea or both

Gotta turn them silvers gold

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    If you want to optimize grails, then you definitely don't want to take anyone to 100. Instead, you could take so many 3-4* characters up to level 90! And I really like seeing a bunch of level 90 characters on my support list, if only because I don't imagine many people would select a support at a lower level.

...but on the other hand, grails don't give that much of a boost in the first place. It seems like most people take at least one character up to 100, whether it be the one they love the most, or the character they are using the most often. I've certainly seen a lot of level 100 Jeanne Alters.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The real trick is to grail to 92, so you're at the top of the support list.

• Options
    Always Grail for love.

• Options
    I have plans to grail a particular London servant to 90. I sometimes think "But how useful will they actually be?". But then it's easily justified with "Who cares about a few grails".

• Options
    I have 15 Grails planned for:
    Cu to 90. Because best dog deserves better.
    Nero to 90 because how dare she be lower than that Blue Fox.
    Nero or Nero (Bride) to 100 for love.
    Taiga to 90 because the yakuza princess is the objectively best /stay night girl.

That's 15 of the 22 that currently exist on the Japanese server (+1 per Singularity and +1 from some events). Someone will probably catch my eye.

• Options
    I have plans to grail a particular London servant to 90. I sometimes think "But how useful will they actually be?". But then it's easily justified with "Who cares about a few grails".

Because I have to ask...
    Paracelsus?
    Henry Jekyll & Hyde?
    Charles Babbage?

• Options

Because I have to ask...
    Paracelsus?
    Henry Jekyll & Hyde?
    Charles Babbage?

The world will be transformed by the power of steam.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    When you buy the 160 MP Grab Bag, do the materials go to your present box, or straight into your inventory? I bought it, and unless I fat thumbed something, nothing came out of it. At least, I didn't see a breakdown anywhere of what was inside.

*edit* Also, from how everyone was talking about her, I was expecting more from the Mona Lisa CE. Is getting the 10% QP increase for limit breaking it really that good?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Everything goes straight into your inventory. It contains basically two of every rare mat, plus some focus and EXP cards

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    When you buy the 160 MP Grab Bag, do the materials go to your present box, or straight into your inventory? I bought it, and unless I fat thumbed something, nothing came out of it. At least, I didn't see a breakdown anywhere of what was inside.

*edit* Also, from how everyone was talking about her, I was expecting more from the Mona Lisa CE. Is getting the 10% QP increase for limit breaking it really that good?

+10% is definitely notable enough. Leveling skills and grailing and ascensions take quite a bit.

Also, well, it's more like +20% when you consider supports.

• Options
    I wish they'd just give Hyde his own NP, if they did that I'd absolutely use Jekyll and Hyde.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I wish they'd just give Hyde his own NP, if they did that I'd absolutely use Jekyll and Hyde.

Yeah, I brought them up to level 70 on my JP account, but wasn't really able to come up with an effective way to use them. Kind of a shame, since I like their design, and the general concept behind their gameplay in FGO is really interesting. Just got a few critical issues.

• Options
    JP Players:
    If you were gonna pick one Nero to raise to 100, which would it be? OG/Olympic Bloomers? Bride? Swimsuit Caster?

And the same question for Liz and the 5 (or 6) versions of her?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    JP Players:
    If you were gonna pick one Nero to raise to 100, which would it be? OG/Olympic Bloomers? Bride? Swimsuit Caster?

Assuming you are looking for gameplay use more than personal preference?
    Nero: Bride is much better and more generally useful than OG (although I don't like her as much). Summer Nero is also quite good, although Merlin/Waver she is not. Still a huge fan. The Gunbuster pose during her NP is fucking amazing.
    Liz: I don't think her Caster or Saber versions are really in contention. OG Liz is quite good, but so is Alterego. My vote is probably for the latter, as I'm strongly considering bringing her up to 90 myself. Not like I have Passionlip or Meltlilith to compete with her anyway.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    Caster Nero is one of the very few offensive casters, rather than support. Her Attack score is still only decent, but she has two skills that boost attack and her NP is pretty decent thanks to the overcharge effect.

For that reason alone I think she's probably the most useful one of the three.

As for Liz, pfffffffffffft.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    JP Players:

I started writing a well thought out response, but then I realized Swimsuit Nero is the only choice. She has her sword BUT is a caster and the reason why she's a caster is she has BITS.

Also she's got the most unique looking NP in the game.

Jesus Summer 2019 is gonna be HELL on wallets.

Not really a huge Liz fan but Mecha Liz seems interesting.

• Options
    the Summer 2019 exclusive I want is a four star, so I'm grateful for that at least

Rock N'Roll Beserker Nobu, the clear best choice

• Options
    the Summer 2019 exclusive I want is a four star, so I'm grateful for that at least

Rock N'Roll Beserker Nobu, the clear best choice

God yes. The fact that she shares a banner with Nero is amazing. I've got her at NP2, and will almost certainly roll for them again if/when that event comes back next year. Nobu's one of my absolute favorite servants, possibly #2 after Cu.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    On another note I forgot to post my free 5* during the Black Friday event.

It was Atilla. Which was literally the worst possible outcome.

Going by that chart on the last page I am Wrong Luck.

Pulled for Nero/Atilla, got Artoria.

Pulled for Okita, got Orion.

Did 5* guaranteed hoping for literally anyone but Altera(I made the mistake of saying this out loud.) Got Altera.

I had just resigned myself to my standard Saber fate too and powered her to 80.

Which is a shame because I actually LIKE Altera but I don't got the mats to up her now and this means I really, REALLY can't pull for Mordred, who I was secretly hoping to whale for because Apochrypha won me over with her unstoppable dreadnaught(Waifu?)of doom schtick.

Transporter on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    JP Players:

I started writing a well thought out response, but then I realized Swimsuit Nero is the only choice. She has her sword BUT is a caster and the reason why she's a caster is she has BITS.

Also she's got the most unique looking NP in the game.

Jesus Summer 2019 is gonna be HELL on wallets.

Not really a huge Liz fan but Mecha Liz seems interesting.

Once I burn everything trying to pull for Mordred I'm probably just gonna save for an entire fucking year for the Summer 2019

It's not like I play this game seriously, anyway

Which should be obvious considering my Artoria is still at 60

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I just grailed my man David

unfortunately it looks like he'll need a second grail to become golden, as my king deserves

• Options
    I've basically just settled into a bunch of 4* servants I'm looking forward to, maybe as a defense mechanism for my terrible luck

This discussion has been closed.