Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Somewhere, in Chaldea, this could all be happening right now

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    For farming XP, you want AOE NPs.
    If you managed to get a limit-broken Halloween Princess, or even just a limit-broken 3* Dragon's Meridian, having that and a scope lets a support Waver pump two NPs to 100% on turn 1. (Kill the third wave using the stars from Lancelot, or kill the first normally and the next two quickly. Your choice.)

Your AoEs are:
    Saber: Altera, Altria, Alter. No need to worry here, the first two are probably high enough to farm lancer hands without issues.
    Archer: Emiya, Nobu, probably an Arash somewhere in your Second Archive. Again, probably no issues here. Sabers die.
    Lancer: You've actually got Liz, and can probably kill Archers pretty well with her NP.
    Rider: Marie, Martha, Drake. Drake's the best, and can fill her own gauge at third ascension. Caster hands (and doors!) won't be an issue.
    Caster: Liz. Assassin hands die quickly to her.
    Assassin: Nothing, because unfortunately the only AoE Assassin out there right now is Phantom of the Opera. He's pulling out 24K damage against Riders, I guess, but you'll need eight Gears to get him there.
    Berserker: Lancelot is great and can fill in for any other class where you're lacking. Like Assassin. He's hard to keep alive, though, and make sure to use his NP on the first or second round.

As for hard content... well, I'll always recommend Herc. He's honestly probably the best 4*? The damage he can pull out is pretty great as well, and for a Berserker he's relatively good at surviving with evasion+BatCon.
    Mostly just look for ST NPs, I guess, and remember that there's a fair number of 3* (and even 1* and 2*) Servants that are useful.
    Ushiwakamaru completely wrecks Casters, for instance, and Hans is amazing as a budget support Caster. Cursed Arm Hassan is really good at generating crit stars, I really like Georgios for tanking damage for Berserkers, Robin Hood has one of the highest-damaging single-target NPs out there, Medea's good at removing annoying buffs, Caesar's one of two ST Sabers in the game right now and you don't have Okita, Cu Chullain will survive until the end of time...

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cu is slightly less impressive next to that Scathach, though he still has more survivability her.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Ah, so I want to try to set up one team for every day of the week basically? I didn't really consider that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It may be worth noting that both Marie and Martha are featured in the Christmas event and will boost the number of stockings that drop. That event isn't particularly difficult anyway and you could probably just stuff them in your back row, but that may be a little extra incentive to get one of them up to speed.
    Tabin wrote: »
    It is funny you list stuff like that @AshtonDragon because I have many of the things you listed but when I put them up no one used them.

Such as a Carmilla NP5 5/5, Vlad NP4 8/6/4 in prep for London buffs. Few you did not mention that I think are good and no one uses are 8/8/6 orion alas NP1, 6/6/7 nearly maxed fou NP4 jenna, 8/8/4 kintoki etc heck people did not use my arash when I had a maxed scope on it even. My 10/10/10 100 in JP gets a ton of use.

Perhaps later I will take some screen shots so all PA people can see what I have and just let me know what you want. I am more then happy to change things and in fact want the feed back and to know my set up is working for this group.

Well, lets be clear. When I say that "I will pick an NP5 Carmilla", I would still only do it if:

- I'm in a battle against a lot of Riders
    - Said battle has no Casters
    - Enemies have too much HP for me to steamroll them with berserkers
    - I'm not able to one-shot everything with Arash or Lancelot instead.

So unless I was specifically farming the 40AP rider daily for some reason, I'm not likely to select any assassin right now. During the brief window of the GUDAGUDA event when the rider mission was the best, I was absolutely selecting support Carmillas.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Support Carmilla is pretty good when you're doing, say, the 40AP Rider quest right now. Those iron maidens just vaporize Drake.

Against female Riders she's pretty damn good, but these days I mostly just trot out my Carmilla when that exact circumstance happens.

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Stasis wrote: »
    Anybody else drowning in Void's Dust? I have 145 without buying any from the GUDAGUDA shop, so I was just curious if this is normal or if I hit some weird stretches of luck along the way.

I have about 350 on NA from the old style daily’s and 8 in JP....

Neveron wrote: »
    I must say, the demon heart drop rate for Caster 40AP is pretty refreshing. I've gotten five hearts so far, I think?

Ya I was worried it was going to be a low drop rare like Halloween but I want to say an eye or heart every 2-3 runs? My final tally was a little over 40, plan was to keep 33 for waver but have 16 left.....

I still am not a huge Carmilla fan, Jack all day everyday!

Tabin on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/175668/fategrand-order-english/
    $1,640,200
    Daily Revenue Estimate
    Behold, the power of Shishou + paid G5

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Holy shit.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Which of the rider training grounds is best for the silver rider statues? I need a fuck ton of them.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Which of the rider training grounds is best for the silver rider statues? I need a fuck ton of them.

10 AP is the best for silvers for every type. I think the EV is like 1.5 per run or something?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

10 AP is the best for silvers for every type. I think the EV is like 1.5 per run or something?

So the novice that is 5 right now?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited November 2017

Yep. Lowest tier.

Edit: The middle tiers might actually be better, looking at data again. Looks like I was mixing it up with the lowest level gems.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Is this anyone on here?
    Uk15IiF.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Since people are asking about daily drops again, I'll post this again.
    qmib5Uf.jpg

30AP is the best for Silvers, 40AP for Golds.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Yep. Lowest tier.

Edit: The middle tiers might actually be better, looking at data again. Looks like I was mixing it up with the lowest level gems.

Ah, alright. I'll see how the third one treats me. I think I need 17 for each rider I'm leveling. This is a slog.

The third one is giving me either 1 silver or 1 gold rider statue.

Only getting gold statues now. This is most unfortunate.

Stragint on

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    My Nexus phone just hard bricked out of nowhere, pretty much right after midnight rolled around, happy Thanksgiving!
    Does anyone know how to do account recovery with this game? Or how long that process usually takes? If I just lost everything right after buying quartz for the first time that's just going to be a real downer for the week.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    My Nexus phone just hard bricked out of nowhere, pretty much right after midnight rolled around, happy Thanksgiving!
    Does anyone know how to do account recovery with this game? Or how long that process usually takes? If I just lost everything right after buying quartz for the first time that's just going to be a real downer for the week.

Did you have a transfer code already generated with your password? (If anyone doesn't, DO THAT NOW.)

If not but you DID buy Quartz and can provide details associated with that, my understanding is that'll be relatively quick to contact support about. If you didn't buy Quartz, you have to provide a bunch of account info that you may not remember (what your My Room Servant is, your CE list and stuff.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    *snicker* This was posted elsewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S85UatEAf0s

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    But it's not a dream. She and 2030-kun came home. :snap:

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    i haven't gotten a five star servant since this game launched and I pulled a Jeanne.

Tonight I pulled...another Jeanne

but after that a Scathatch showed up so I guess it's ok

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    HE DID IT

HE FUCKIN' DID IT

He's a real master now, folks!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Seriously, he did four single pulls and got one 5 star craft essences and two five stars, including Scathatch

Bugboy, wa dare ni mo makenai. Sekai de ichiban ungaii dakara!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    my contract with this game is sealed

I promised to try playing for real if it spat out a 5-star, so here I goooooo

• Options
    Seriously, he did four single pulls and got one 5 star craft essences and two five stars, including Scathatch

Bugboy, wa dare ni mo makenai. Sekai de ichiban ungaii dakara!

What CE did he pull? I'm expecting you to say either 2030 or Kaleidoscope here.

• Options
    nah, just an Imaginary Around

he's not THAT lucky

also now we're trying to learn how to pronounce Scathach and Cu Chulainn and OW my head

(Skaw-hawch and Coo-cullen, apparently?)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    nah, just an Imaginary Around

he's not THAT lucky

also now we're trying to learn how to pronounce Scathach and Cu Chulainn and OW my head

(Skaw-hawch and Coo-cullen, apparently?)

Gaelic is a bit tongue twisty.

• Options
    Urgh

It's a bad feeling when you look at Scathach's NP2 damage jump and start wondering what it would take to get a second copy...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Urgh

It's a bad feeling when you look at Scathach's NP2 damage jump and start wondering what it would take to get a second copy...

I have 4 summon tickets that I'm fighting with myself on whether I want to try on the very slim chance of another Scathach or try for Gilgamesh

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It may be worth noting that both Marie and Martha are featured in the Christmas event and will boost the number of stockings that drop. That event isn't particularly difficult anyway and you could probably just stuff them in your back row, but that may be a little extra incentive to get one of them up to speed.
    Tabin wrote: »
    It is funny you list stuff like that @AshtonDragon because I have many of the things you listed but when I put them up no one used them.

Such as a Carmilla NP5 5/5, Vlad NP4 8/6/4 in prep for London buffs. Few you did not mention that I think are good and no one uses are 8/8/6 orion alas NP1, 6/6/7 nearly maxed fou NP4 jenna, 8/8/4 kintoki etc heck people did not use my arash when I had a maxed scope on it even. My 10/10/10 100 in JP gets a ton of use.

Perhaps later I will take some screen shots so all PA people can see what I have and just let me know what you want. I am more then happy to change things and in fact want the feed back and to know my set up is working for this group.

Well, lets be clear. When I say that "I will pick an NP5 Carmilla", I would still only do it if:

- I'm in a battle against a lot of Riders
    - Said battle has no Casters
    - Enemies have too much HP for me to steamroll them with berserkers
    - I'm not able to one-shot everything with Arash or Lancelot instead.

So unless I was specifically farming the 40AP rider daily for some reason, I'm not likely to select any assassin right now. During the brief window of the GUDAGUDA event when the rider mission was the best, I was absolutely selecting support Carmillas.

Ahh I was wondering! Makes complete sense and I would pick her over Jack in a few instances, mostly late game where NP seal/reduction comes heavily into play. I am a huge Jack fan both in character and game play so I could be biased but I consider her the top assassin I have used extensively. I have used all 4 Star and up assassins but had minimal quality time with the king and other loli.
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Is this anyone on here?
    Uk15IiF.png

None of them are me but they could be. I generally do not get salty unless stuff is way out of line with the posted odds and that only happened to me with casko. I don't even want to think about that banner I am still very pissed when I do. I think my 5 star servant % on it was .22 There has only been 3 must have servants for me being Waver, Casko and Merlin. My only waifu not free is so far away not even thinking about it.

All that being said I got Orion, Waver NP2, Jenna NP2, Vlad NP3 all off ticket pulls........ and I have single pulled a bunch of other 5 stars however I used to toss out single rolls often enough that it would not be fair to call them singles....

I went hard at the start but have backed way off now and have a fairly low amount I am willing to spend per banner if not 0. In fact I spent no hard cash on this banner at all but still rolled a fair bit using trade credit I have had kicking around forever. I got my 2 2030 (My goal) and 2 copies of lilly from this banner.

On the +side I will roll on the next one a bit then done until London 2 followed by a long break and don't plan to use hard cash for either of the banners anyway. Feels like this string of banners has been fairly intense perhaps due to the holes most of the servants fill?

The next time there is a clump of great stuff that I see is tentative June-July with Journey to the west, Onigashima and Camelot all with in 30 days as well as great stuff 15 days either side of this block with Cu Alter on the one side and 2X anniversary guaranteed roll on the other.

*Edited to add a link to JP rate up history*

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12am98q-n71B5hV6kbOhqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit?usp=sharing

Tabin on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Via log-in bonus, and grinding up every SQ reward interlude I had available, I was able to scrape together enough quartz for a 10 pull, and well, this happened.

Kn7ODgE.png

I have to say, the thought of being able to grab 16 stars a turn is pretty wow.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    150-day bonus put me back to 30 quartz so I tried again for the ten-pull.

Got a Kaleidoscope (finally) and NP2 for Euryale, so not a total bust. Not a HUGE upgrade over my existing 5/5 Imaginary Element though. Also 5/5 now on Knight's Dignity, which might be interesting on Okita or something?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have a fair amount of quartz again, so I decided to throw a 10x YOLO roll at Scathach. Didn't get a single servant that I didn't already have at NP5, with a Knight's Dignity being the only thing of any interest. :P Time to shove Cu, Kiyohime, Medusa, and Boudica into the furnace.

I'm trying to decide who to save my quartz for next. I'm interested in Mordred, but I'd kinda prefer to save my quartz for limited servant banners. Maybe I can hold out long enough to get a nice chunk of change for my husbando Iskandar.

EDIT: Actually, Valentine's looks like it'll be a good banner to pull on since I'm still looking for a good Saber. Thanks for that rate-up history doc, @Tabin!

Stasis on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Oh god, the crits, the crits, so many crits!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    2030 continues to dodge me. I did finally get a Limited/Zero Over though. (the +25% Buster)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Herc just hit bond level 8.

Long term plans might not be as long term as I expected.

• Options
    Stasis wrote: »
    I have a fair amount of quartz again, so I decided to throw a 10x YOLO roll at Scathach. Didn't get a single servant that I didn't already have at NP5, with a Knight's Dignity being the only thing of any interest. :P Time to shove Cu, Kiyohime, Medusa, and Boudica into the furnace.

I'm trying to decide who to save my quartz for next. I'm interested in Mordred, but I'd kinda prefer to save my quartz for limited servant banners. Maybe I can hold out long enough to get a nice chunk of change for my husbando Iskandar.

EDIT: Actually, Valentine's looks like it'll be a good banner to pull on since I'm still looking for a good Saber. Thanks for that rate-up history doc, @Tabin!

For aoe I am a fan of Mordred but so many good utility and hard hitting single target sabers out there I would be more inclined to wait for one of them. Camelot is going to flood us with them if the banner was anything like the one I rolled on in JP. I got all the knights of the round table from it + Rama.... even the free 3 star saber you get at the end of the chapter is worth ascending.

No problem on the rate up sheet, I just hope it is still fairly valid after this thanksgiving thing

• Options
    I did 4 more Banner pulls to see if I can get another 2030.

Another Lily to push her to NP5.
    Mutherfucking Francis Drake.
    OH MY GOD JEANNE CAME HOME FINALLY I'M NOT EVEN UPSET!

....what the fuck two off-banner SSRs!?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Quit tempting me with these pulls.

• Options
    I apparently have really good wrong luck.

I get amazing shit... just not what I'm actually rolling for.

• Options
    Farming rider exp so hard today. Need 10 more silver statues to have all the riders I like be done with them.

This discussion has been closed.