As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Love] Thread

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, the groom's sisters yesterday during our scavenger hunt were telling me if I wanted better luck with ladies I had to be more discrete about some of hobbies, like Dungeons & Dragons.

Then they started flirting with two handsome guys.

That is untill I started talking to those guys about Dungeons & Dragons, which they play & are super into.

The gals were pretty angry at me for that.

Ahahahaha

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    If I like different kinds of ham, does that make me polyhamarous?

I wrote the answer down and put it in the envelope that's sitting on the bunk of this jail cell.

Alright. Can you go and get it for me?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Is an open faced sandwich really a sandwich?

you look as lovely as the Hoover Dam today Bowen

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

No but that joke does make you a Dad

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

you look as lovely as the Hoover Dam today Bowen

6vraAx8.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, no.

There's a different word for that. Those are poly-amorous people.

That's a thing, yeah, but I don't think poly people are any more likely to be unfaithful than anyone other people

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    my ex who insisted for some reason that i must be ether bi, or closeted gay would also try to tie that belief into a theory that i was constantly unfaithful

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's so hot in here. My compressor can barely keep up with the heat today.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the groom's sisters yesterday during our scavenger hunt were telling me if I wanted better luck with ladies I had to be more discrete about some of hobbies, like Dungeons & Dragons.

That is untill I started talking to those guys about Dungeons & Dragons, which they play & are super into.

Ahahahaha

Well, going to have to tell the nerd that I don't want to be with him anymore as he plays Dungeons and Dragons. Fine for me as I'm bi so I'm obviously busy sleeping with all the everybody.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zon I am sorry you had to deal with a bunch of biphobia bullshit

I've been there and it sucks, although it sounds like you may have done a better job of dealing with it than I might've

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    my ex who insisted for some reason that i must be ether bi, or closeted gay would also try to tie that belief into a theory that i was constantly unfaithful

Basically people who insist you take an identity like that are doing so in order to justify the amount of abuse they're about to heap on you.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Ahahahaha

Yessss. Goooooood.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, no.

There's a different word for that. Those are poly-amorous people.

That's a thing, yeah, but I don't think poly people are any more likely to be unfaithful than anyone other people

HIghly agree, it's one of those things though where people associate certain sexuality with promiscuity.

I don't identify with anything other than straight, so I don't get this leveled at me ever. Basically I really shouldn't be talking about this.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The important thing we learned is that boobs are good

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    DnD is actually pretty cool in the sense that it's a social activity which involves hanging out with friends having a laugh

Honestly I'd say that most tabletop games are cool in that regard. As you get older I think people realise that cool often equals; stuff that keeps the social life active and fun

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I mean, The Rock plays D&D.

So there are plenty of stereotypically manly dudes that really enjoy nerding out.

My boyfriend and I are in a couple D&D groups at the moment.

• Options
    A lot of the nerd adjacent hobbies tend to be frowned upon by shallow people in general.

Mention video games or board games in front of people and most of them will immediately recoil in horror.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

So there are plenty of stereotypically manly dudes that really enjoy nerding out.

Probably a lot of cool and good-looking people in those groups, huh

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I could play the d&d or something.

But I cant deal with being around people for that long that regularly.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

None

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

None

But there's at least one
    Probably

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

None

But there's at least one
    Probably

not you

• Options

None

But there's at least one
    Probably

Absolutely not

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

None

But there's at least one
    Probably

Yeah there's this one person I've been crushing on pretty hard.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's always at least one, in every group

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My friends are out of town and my bar is closed. I've got nothing to do this weekend except eat hot wings I guess.

No, do not weep for me. It is as must be.

• Options
    hot wings are a pretty good compromise though

you could be eating mild wings instead

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Big date today.

Too tired to get hype.

Perfect.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

I wrote the answer down and put it in the envelope that's sitting on the bunk of this jail cell.

Alright. Can you go and get it for me?

Yeah, no probWAITAMINUTE.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Guys I'm at a Supersuckers show right now and there's a guy that looks like veldrin and juggernauts little brother

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Kids are small and fragile but often want to challenge me for dominance of whatever social situation we're in because kids are assholes. Putting a toddler in a Camel Clutch is frowned upon in most circles so I'm content to keep them at bay.

man, I was so sure that camels gave live birth... well, the more you know.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    I'd take his picture but it'd be weird

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Speaking of being a nerd and nerd activities that people loathe..

I remember this one time somewhere near the end of high school I was dating this girl. She knew I played video games, and she knew I was doing it competitively (at least amateur wise). It was some CAL-O/CAL-IM (open and intermediate) of Call of Duty (the original). This was a long time ago. She originally didn't have much of a problem with it. I guess her friends got wind that I did this and demanded she break up with me immediately via ultimatum.

So she called me up with a test. "Hey spend time with me, I know it's your game night but I think you should spend time with me instead." Which is sort of like asking the football guy to stop playing football.

(e: guess I was older than I thought)17 19 year old me just said "sorry I can't do that, I already made a commitment".

"Yeah but you also made a commitment to me."

"Oh uh yeah sure, but still."

"If you don't we're done."

"okay"

And she hung up on me immediately.

She was pissed, but I guess she regretted it later. We won that game too. Good times. Sorry, I guess, Christine, nothing personal, you are a great person. She's pretty much the only ex I didn't leave on good terms with.

bowen on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

In Australia it's called an open faced burger

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I'm leaning on my DM to try to put together another D&D group after the previous one fell apart but it's not looking good right now.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would love to play D&D again but I just don't know where to start and I am afraid that I will get stuck in one of those groups playing something I don't in a campaign I find boring

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I would love to play D&D again but I just don't know where to start and I am afraid that I will get stuck in one of those groups playing something I don't in a campaign I find boring

roll20 is a good way to get started

• Options
    I don't actually super want to go on this date tomorrow

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I literally just had this exchange with the DJ of this wedding for tomorrow.

c5eee0c80305e12db227114377ce32ff.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't even have to guess to know which side you were on.

This discussion has been closed.