As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Consumption of [chat] Quantities

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    re: Kedinik's dream daddy ratings

hmmm

i can't quite place my finger on it but.....i can't help but feel like there's a bit of bias in these ratings

Who is your favorite Dream Daddy, orphane

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Just got out of my car at home and was approached to join what sounded like an apocalyptic cult. The words "The bible predicts that if we spread our word to everyone, the world will end" stuck out to me.

Hmm, tell me more.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Everyone getting infracted whenever their post is bereft of spider pics

It's the future narwhals want

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    gZrtQ8o.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wait shit i skipped the christmas special by accident it's all ruined

stupid weird timey wimey split 7th season

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Of nuWho I think the Tennant episodes are probably the most even quality, though the production improved substantially after his time. Smith's episodes were all over the place but he did a really good job of going back and forth between goofy and serious. Certainly the most alien. Definitely had some great one liners.

Capaldi kind of got the shaft. Most of his episodes had mediocre writing at best, but oh man can the guy deliver a speech. Towards the end of Zygon Inversion he gives a long speech on how pointless and mad war is that's worth the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYobBjA1kk

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    This is the only [chat] I've ever had.

Well, I made a rogue one after a timer expired that got absorbed into a more rightful successor one time, but it effectively vanished.
    RIP Information Boy

gfs_43357_2_2.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Are people still bellyaching about the female doctor who

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    DFLeJ5dUAAAtUND.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

female doctor who what

• Options
    Blizzard would make so much money with Dream Overwatch Daddy

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think my favorite part of that ster tronk [chat] was how everyone hopped right on board with it such that a few people thought we were referencing an existing thing

• Options

just you bowen

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This weather reporter is named Randy Mann

Gotta love local news

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

SPOILERS

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think my favorite part of that ster tronk [chat] was how everyone hopped right on board with it such that a few people thought we were referencing an existing thing

That delighted me so much. I was literally laughing out loud as it developed, could not have been more pleased with how that went.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    wait shit i skipped the christmas special by accident it's all ruined

stupid weird timey wimey split 7th season

The Christmas episodes featuring Santa, Snowmen, and Superman are the best, IMHO.

• Options
    This guy on TV is making a tartar and he's putting in like, finely chopped onions but also giant pieces of tomato and whole olives... This mouthfeel inconsistency is an outrage

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    This weather reporter is named Randy Mann

Gotta love local news

And his co-host Dawn Tufolk

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

SPOILERS

wait

wait

is that a spoiler

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    There are people on the internet mad about everything but I've seen almost no shittiness about female who even on my v toxic Facebook

• Options

SPOILERS

wait

wait

is that a spoiler

Hehe no

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh i did a v4 ahhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Oh my god. My Star Trek peeps... Elldren MrAnthropy Jacobkosh Chanus

I found an awesome website for Star Trek Avatars.

http://scifiavatars.com

It generates avatars based on real actor portraits and specifications listed in pull-down menus. Want a Voyager Era Richard Dean Anderson as an Andorian? Or a Betazoid Amy Acker in TNG era?

cgr2jgbymw0v.png

vftwjshxub2m.png

Either there's an algorithm involved, or this content creator (or creators) made a LOT of nearly-identical avatars. :O

Holy shit, @Hahnsoo1 , that is fantastic and I am going to get so much use out of it :biggrin:

And in the spirit of reciprocity, check out this this thread on rpg.net where a dude is going through and making custom ship sheets with different ship silhouettes (all the Enterprises, Miranda-class, Defiant-class, etc) and era-appropriate graphic design.

He's taking requests and just today made me a fantastic TOS-era Miranda sheet just in time for my playtest game tomorrow night!

Gibraltar.png

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    There are people on the internet mad about everything but I've seen almost no shittiness about female who even on my v toxic Facebook

i've literally only seen people making fun of the outrage, but not seen any actual examples of outrage

it's kind of starting to feel fake newsey

• Options

I overheard someone grumping it out when I was at the store.

• Options
    I've eaten tartar but this shit looks amateur

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I've eaten tartar but this shit looks amateur

get gud tartar

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chanus no

don't say f a k e n e w s

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Nobody is bellyaching about the female doctor who

She has a bellyache because she and Sherlock hooked up in Downton Abbey and set the ancient prophecies in motion. Their child shall be the reincarnation of King Arthur and he shall lead Ingerlund into a new golden age of prosperity and influence.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

i've literally only seen people making fun of the outrage, but not seen any actual examples of outrage

it's kind of starting to feel fake newsey

There was a rant in the newspaper here about that. Not sure if it was a joke or not.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    it feels like everyone expected there to be outrage so they just ran with the idea there was outrage

• Options
    yeah I thought so

maybe this mother monkey at the store just heard about it or something

I dunno, he seemed pretty angry

he also seemed like he needed a shower too

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I overheard someone grumping it out when I was at the store.
    I dunno I really dig female master, as long as the actresses acting chops are good I'm down.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

https://thenib.com/doctor-who-cares-if-she-s-a-woman

This is a top quality URL, dammit why didn't I think of that first.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

https://thenib.com/doctor-who-cares-if-she-s-a-woman

This is a top quality URL, dammit why didn't I think of that first.

that runny nose is an A+ detail

• Options
    my friend's mom just posted a pic on FB of him standing next to a statue and captioned it "[he] makes friends everywhere he goes"

savage

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I get irrationally obsessed with bizarre bad ideas that I have. The latest one is a hypothetical platformer made for REAL GAMERZZZ™ that only has one life, one continue, and you have one HP. It would have, of course, levels that would not only be obscenely difficult, it would also be cheap as fuck. And the game insults and berates you at every turn, delighting in your failures (by, for example showing overly-long and detailed cutscenes of your many, many deaths) and refusing to acknowledge you successes. The final insult would be that, after a final level that would necessitate TAS levels of perfection to execute, the game sends you back to the beginning because it doesn't think you're actually a REAL GAMER™. In short, it would be the least pleasant and most abusive game in existence.

I have no idea what this says about me, but I am absolutely certain it says nothing good about me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Sometimes I get irrationally obsessed with bizarre bad ideas that I have. The latest one is a hypothetical platformer made for REAL GAMERZZZ™ that only has one life, one continue, and you have one HP. It would have, of course, levels that would not only be obscenely difficult, it would also be cheap as fuck. And the game insults and berates you at every turn, delighting in your failures (by, for example showing overly-long and detailed cutscenes of your many, many deaths) and refusing to acknowledge you successes. The final insult would be that, after a final level that would necessitate TAS levels of perfection to execute, the game sends you back to the beginning because it doesn't think you're actually a REAL GAMER™. In short, it would be the least pleasant and most abusive game in existence.

I have no idea what this says about me, but I am absolutely certain it says nothing good about me.

so dark souls then

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I thought I had seen a couple of the shitty British tabloids complain about it but I don't think I've encountered outrage out in the world. Which is fine.

I don't doubt that there are people who are mad about it but liberals aren't the only people who can suffer from outrage fatigue and I think a lot of the crust-covered shitlords have only just got done yelling htemselves hoarse about Wonder Woman or whatever and this probably just seems like one more insult on the pile rather than an entirely new thing to gin up a movement about. It's entirely possible that if the announcement had been made last year, or six months from now, or whatever, we'd see an entirely different response.

This discussion has been closed.