Options

Completely original [Chat] about beloved childhood books.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    DK how much do you prefer to spend on a drink?

Good morning drinkers of $3000 bottled water and drinkers of rainwater pooled in abandoned shoes

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    At the grocery store there is this nitro-infused canned coffee they are selling. It is $4.69 a can.

Ohohohohoho I think fucking not.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I don't tend to buy any caloric drinks and anything diet that is fancy tends to have a lot of artificial sweetener in it. So basically I just buy variants of unsweetened tea and seltzer water. $1, maybe $1.50.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    That is legit what I read, and I clicked that link excited about some nefarious origin story of Karma Chameleon and Boy George.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I was going to say 'band' but it's an article about electromonical music and I don't think the folks that make that 'bands' but i didn't know what else to put there so i just had the post trail off, p smooth move imo

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    If the water isn't diamond filtered then what is even the point?

I only drink coffee that is made from the melted snows of machu pichu and coffee beans that have been delicately malted within the chest cavity of pharoah mummies. Also the coffee plantations are burned after harvest and the farmers blinded

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    An alternate history of sexuality in club culture
    Dance music was born in LGBT communities, but has this been forgotten? In this extended feature, Luis-Manuel Garcia examines the history of club culture's queer roots.

...if the roots of electronic music are so sexually diverse, why do today's audiences need to be reminded of it? Have we forgotten about the queer nightlife worlds of the '70s and '80s? That's the problem according to Loren Granic, AKA Goddollars, co-founder and resident of A Club Called Rhonda in Los Angeles, who doesn't mince words:

"We're currently experiencing a total mainstreaming of dance music in America," he says. "Many of these newcomers are straight/white kids who are very far removed from the LGBT community, despite fist-pumping by the millions to a music that was born from gay people of color sweating their asses off at 5 AM in a Chicago warehouse. It's easy for us to dismiss this as a corruption of the music we hold so dear by charlatans and assholes, but many of the newcomers will be drawn into the music for life, and I think it's important that we highlight the role that the gay community played and that we educate new fans of dance music to the ideals of community, equality and diversity that were so crucial to dance music's DNA from the beginning.

That's super valuable

hold tight the massive

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Okay, I have a new store-bought coffee love.

6xbhk0iv38i1.jpeg

This stuff tastes delicious, and the weird plastic cap foams it up a bit as you drink it.

I am super impressed.

This is the mocha one, but the normal one is great too.

Plus 160mg of caffeine wheeeeeee

And only 130 calories

So less calories than a 20 ounce bottle of Dew.S.A. With more caffiene.

By The Way; Dew.S.A. - might be the best Dew flavor since Baja Blast. Had one bottle, checked it off the list and never again because making that bottle of pure sugar a daily thing would lead to complications.

But it is tasty in a very trashy way.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Burnage wrote: »
    p o e
    three point oh
    p o e
    three point oh
    P O E
    THREE POINT OH
    P O E
    P O E

P O E
    P O E

Oh boy, a new Pillars of Eternity update?

Nah, I just really love power over ethernet.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    At the grocery store there is this nitro-infused canned coffee they are selling. It is $4.69 a can.

Right, that's what the coffee can looked like to me. I was thinking holy shit how expensive is this fkin thing.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Synd give me ur coffees that sounds tasty

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ermahgeeerd guys, we're talking about a game that isn't Destiny

I thought Pub Guh was the new hotness I knew nothing about

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I only drink coffee that is made from the melted snows of machu pichu and coffee beans that have been delicately malted within the chest cavity of pharoah mummies. Also the coffee plantations are burned after harvest and the farmers blinded

Unless you incorporate vestal virgins in here somewhere i won't have anything to do with your swill

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hmm should I download POE

I remember I played it once a long time ago, maybe with desc and eddy

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ermahgeeerd guys, we're talking about a game that isn't Destiny

I thought Pub Guh was the new hotness I knew nothing about

Lol

I made the chat months ago, nobody gave a fuck

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    of note: None of the qualities of dance music that drew people to liking it apparently have anything to do with music

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Its worth trying nitro draft coffee at least once, but preferably from a place that actually pours it from a tap and not a can.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REkk9SCRn0
    / ABOUT THE FILM /

“In a Heartbeat” is an animated short film created by Esteban Bravo and Beth David, produced at Ringling College of Art and Design. It follows Sherwin, a middle school boy who is struggling to come to terms with his crush on Jonathan, the most popular boy in school. Sherwin must chase after his own heart to stop it from revealing his true feelings to Jonathan, and the entire student body.
    yessss this is adorbs

(also my brother went to Ringling which means I've seen a fair amount of Ringling short films and I think this is by far the best one I've seen.)
    (he wasn't an animator so I'm not throwing him under the bus don't worry.)

(i am throwing his ex under the bus tho)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Let's talk about our favourite weapons in Destiny now

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    good friday my fridays, how are you fridaying?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

You should.

3.0 released today!

• Options

It's a loot treadmill. 0/10

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Right, that's what the coffee can looked like to me. I was thinking holy shit how expensive is this fkin thing.

Fair, and if you get a cup of coffee from a coffee place every day then the can looks reasonable, but I am mostly a tea drinker so it is not for me.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

But that was weird back then. People would make fun of that stuff.

Now electronic stuff is the most popular stuff.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

• Options

Negative, ghostrider

Certainly not compared to set bonuses for d3, either

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    Okay, I have a new store-bought coffee love.

6xbhk0iv38i1.jpeg

This stuff tastes delicious, and the weird plastic cap foams it up a bit as you drink it.

I am super impressed.

This is the mocha one, but the normal one is great too.

Plus 160mg of caffeine wheeeeeee

And only 130 calories

So less calories than a 20 ounce bottle of Dew.S.A. With more caffiene.

By The Way; Dew.S.A. - might be the best Dew flavor since Baja Blast. Had one bottle, checked it off the list and never again because making that bottle of pure sugar a daily thing would lead to complications.

But it is tasty in a very trashy way.

DewS.A was the trashy soda equivalent to Kraft Mac N Cheese.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    slut is swedish for final

All Swedish movies end with calling you a slut in big letters.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

....thats a hard pass Activision

ValorEdition_BeautyShot_1000pxV2.jpg

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Checks out
    p9x3a1j296od.jpg

not that it has anything to do with how funny it must be that swedish movies end with "slut" but jfc google translate is so shit

this is wrong, how can it manage to be that crap

Slut destination five was my favorite movie

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    of note: None of the qualities of dance music that drew people to liking it apparently have anything to do with music

a e s t h e t i c

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

I don't tend to buy any caloric drinks and anything diet that is fancy tends to have a lot of artificial sweetener in it. So basically I just buy variants of unsweetened tea and seltzer water. $1, maybe $1.50.

Man seltzer has started to really disagree with me i think it's because i don't often drink bubbly drinks anymore the super bubbly nature of seltzer just kills me.

Also I'd rather die than give up coffee. I've been learning to have it black lately. Though my morning coffee will always have milk and sugar in it, but I try to keep them in reasonable amounts.

• Options

Actually not so much.

There IS a loot grind aspect, but it's downplayed compared to D3 or WoW.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

People in small, regional scenes like this probably have a lot of reasons to be attracted to it that are not necessarily the narrowly defined "it" (in this case, dance music). It provided community, a safe space, a way to meet people, drugs, etc.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Checks out
    p9x3a1j296od.jpg

not that it has anything to do with how funny it must be that swedish movies end with "slut" but jfc google translate is so shit

this is wrong, how can it manage to be that crap

Slut destination five was my favorite movie
    I preferred the final four on the floor.

• Options
    you didn't think the appeal of music was the music did you

• Options
    Aaaaahahahahahaha Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies

Haahahahaaaaaahahahaha

Aaaaahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

AaaaaaHaHAahaaaaaaaahahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHA

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

208115022.stumptowncoldbrew.nitro.front.jpg

this?

• Options
    edited August 2017

Negative, ghostrider

Certainly not compared to set bonuses for d3, either

I'm not sure how you can credibly claim that it isn't a loot treadmill. It's a game of finite length that you play over and over, that is very click click click, and the goal it to level up and get algorithmically calibrated loot drops to fight more algorithmically leveled monsters.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

This guy brews

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Aaaaahahahahahaha Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies

Haahahahaaaaaahahahaha

Aaaaahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

AaaaaaHaHAahaaaaaaaahahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nazi Zombies isnt new

This discussion has been closed.