As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game of Thrones] Beric Dondarrion and the Scotch Zombies

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Kinda think the unlucky fella on Team Jon is gonna be
    Gendry. Dude was way too eager to join up and be a hero, he's gonna do something stupid to save someone and get all corpsified.

That'll make for some interesting emotions when Cersei meets her husband's zombie bastard.

Nope sorry
    Gendry is cool and has a big hammer. Its going to be a member of the brotherhood without plotpoints.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Kinda think the unlucky fella on Team Jon is gonna be
    Gendry. Dude was way too eager to join up and be a hero, he's gonna do something stupid to save someone and get all corpsified.

That'll make for some interesting emotions when Cersei meets her husband's zombie bastard.

I kind of doubt she will have any emotion about it other than her default of kill it.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    If we dont get
    zombie cleganebowl

Then I'm gonna be pissed

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If you think there'll only be one unlucky fellow... well, I congratulate you on your hopeful outlook.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    there was lots of dumb stuff in the latest episode
    capture a wight to prove climate change rising undeath levels is a spectacularly dumb plan that feels like it belongs in a much stupider series

Also I totally don't buy
    Tyrion's reluctance to execute the Tarly. Isn't execution the best he could expect given the situation and his refusal to take the black? Isn't that more or less the equivalent of a speeding ticket in Westeros? Where did we get this idea that Danerys is supposed to be a pacifist or opposed to the aristocracy in any way? it doesn't make any sense to me...

with tyrion in particular, I think his decision-making was softened somewhat by seeing a buttload of lannister soldiers all crisped up. feel like that'll fuck ya up regardless of your resolve

dany's own is super informed by not wanting to be or to come across as her dad, and--good-hearted notions about herself and her rule aside--both she and tyrion are engaged in an ongoing PR campaign to be perceived as both deserving of being queen and being better than the queen you have now

as for the plan, I'm of mixed feelings
    it is an eminently goofy-sounding idea, but... it is a somewhat practical one? jon and everyone else who believe in em believe cause they saw him (or their king saw em), so let's show em to the realm before it's too late. it honestly seems to be a bit of that "cut through the genre bullshit" that thrones was first known for, but I think the speed of the decision-making and the assemblage of rough-and-tumble dudes makes it feel MORE fantasy goof than the idea on its face might be

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Sassori wrote: »
    Who is the current Bard of GoT?

And don't bring up the actual singer we've had this season. We don't need to start those arguments again.

Davos

Dude's a talker.
    that scene with him and gendry at the boat with the tricking the soldiers into eating bad crab bit was amazing, that whole scene was d&d as shit

Sleep on
  • Options
    for that matter the whole jon storyline went d&d as fuck this episode

That party heading to the north

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    there was lots of dumb stuff in the latest episode
    capture a wight to prove climate change rising undeath levels is a spectacularly dumb plan that feels like it belongs in a much stupider series

Also I totally don't buy
    Tyrion's reluctance to execute the Tarly. Isn't execution the best he could expect given the situation and his refusal to take the black? Isn't that more or less the equivalent of a speeding ticket in Westeros? Where did we get this idea that Danerys is supposed to be a pacifist or opposed to the aristocracy in any way? it doesn't make any sense to me...

with tyrion in particular, I think his decision-making was softened somewhat by seeing a buttload of lannister soldiers all crisped up. feel like that'll fuck ya up regardless of your resolve

dany's own is super informed by not wanting to be or to come across as her dad, and--good-hearted notions about herself and her rule aside--both she and tyrion are engaged in an ongoing PR campaign to be perceived as both deserving of being queen and being better than the queen you have now

as for the plan, I'm of mixed feelings
    it is an eminently goofy-sounding idea, but... it is a somewhat practical one? jon and everyone else who believe in em believe cause they saw him (or their king saw em), so let's show em to the realm before it's too late. it honestly seems to be a bit of that "cut through the genre bullshit" that thrones was first known for, but I think the speed of the decision-making and the assemblage of rough-and-tumble dudes makes it feel MORE fantasy goof than the idea on its face might be

Yeah but the whole PR campaign thing is a modern concept. PR in the ancient world consists of profligate spending on bread and festivals. What the common folk know about their leaders is frequently pointed out to be close to nothing true and the extent to which they feel they have a choice who to support is even less.

Cersei has alienated almost every other noble house, so she's already lost the part of the PR war that matters.

Also she fucked her brother and blew up the sept, which are probably much greater sins in the ancient world than a ruthless dragon based conquest

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Also everyone talks about The Cool Ancient Targeryen, the one with the dragons like he was the most badass cool dude who ever lived. No one is questioning his right to burninate people with dragons.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I've been digging how Daenerys seems to actively enjoy watching her dragons smoke people

She tries to suppress that joy, because of her family's rep, but you can still see it coming through.

It does way more to make her menacing and shades-of-grey than any of her speeches

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    Who is the current Bard of GoT?

And don't bring up the actual singer we've had this season. We don't need to start those arguments again.

Davos

Dude's a talker.
    that scene with him and gendry at the boat with the tricking the soldiers into eating bad crab bit was amazing, that whole scene was d&d as shit
    "OK so I buy up a whole load of crab, find that smith kid, and take him with us."

*roll*

"Two guards approach the boat and demand you state your business."

"Bluff check!"

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Davos is a smuggler, and thus the Chaotic Good thief who keeps ending up as the party face because everybody else forgot how nonviolent solutions work

• Options
    Davos is a smuggler, and thus the Chaotic Good thief who keeps ending up as the party face because everybody else forgot how nonviolent solutions work

You forget he is also the hype man of kings.

He's kinda like chaucer from a knights tale, but more gruff.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

To be fair, the DM kept killing characters whenever they tried nonviolent solutions.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys FYI the next episode has leaked (apparently HBO spain uploaded it by accident) so watch out for DnD quest spoilers.

• Options
    (speculating about leak/next ep preview, don't read if you're picky)
    I wonder if the Spain leak is the source of the
    zombie dragon
    rumours

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be, the leak happened less than 12 hours ago.

• Options
    Ah.

I googled it and ended up on a GoT subreddit, I kinda love how people are getting caught up in silly memes like cleganebowl. Everyone has an idea that they're sure is going to happen. But this subreddit's meme was
    spoiler? speculation? leak? dunno
    "epic boat sex"

the gist of it was:
    Jon and Dany will have sex on a boat while The Wall falls
    no idea where this idea is coming from, if it's a leak, speculation or rumour or fans going crazy but i love it

• Options
    Due to HBO being hacked there are leaked scrips out there I think.

• Options
    Ok this has footage from the next week on game of thrones thingie, so the mildest of spoilers, but I think it is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl49y6ncDiY

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The entire season was spoiled weeks ago. Anything you see as speculation or rumours is people being cheeky. You might want to delete that stuff.

@Gvzbgul

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Never gonna get tired of A-Team mashups

• Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    I'm sorta surprised that
    Sam Tarly isn't going all "Screw you guys, I'm going home", by now. Not neccesarily the Tarly home, but Jon is sitting on a lot of sweet ass dragonstone by now, and the old farts aren't.

also
    I can't believe Dany accepted/hugged Ser Jorah without even checking his wrist for that scaly stuff

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Someone just sent me a snapchat of a spoiler and I'm in a bad mood.

The feeling of someone spoiling a Lost episode on Honesty Box has returned in spades.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    jippee wrote: »
    I'm sorta surprised that
    Sam Tarly isn't going all "Screw you guys, I'm going home", by now. Not neccesarily the Tarly home, but Jon is sitting on a lot of sweet ass dragonstone by now, and the old farts aren't.

also
    I can't believe Dany accepted/hugged Ser Jorah without even checking his wrist for that scaly stuff
    Uh, Sam did leave the citadel.

• Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I'm sorta surprised that

also

Really? Man I suck at watching TV

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

The feeling of someone spoiling a Lost episode on Honesty Box has returned in spades.

Lay it on me

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I'm sorta surprised that

also

Really? Man I suck at watching TV

Did you watch Sunday's episode? It'd be amazing if you didn't realize he was leaving the Citadel after that episode. Book/scroll stealing, longing look up at all the books, telling Gilly he is tired of reading about people doing great things, etc.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    You know ive never played real live d&d, only video game versions but this thread makes me want to try it out

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    You know ive never played real live d&d, only video game versions but this thread makes me want to try it out

Gotta warn you, though given who's been talking about it here someone was going to: quality of experience on that varies pretty darn widely.

It's pretty great when you get in a groove with a group, though.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    D&D experiences can range from exhilarating group storytelling to abysmal traumatic interpersonal tragedy

And like, murder I certainly assume, like people have lost their lives in the course of dungeoning, surely that's happened

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »

Lay it on me

Well it turns out
    it's not Penny's boat

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    No stop don't fucking talk about leaks in here

• Options
    (for real though I'm not gunna post leaked spoilers where they could be easily clicked on accident)

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Ha! I see what you did

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    UGH, my front page of YouTube had a leaked GOT clip from next week's episode and the preview image and title spoiled something huge.

GODDAMMIT

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    just do what i do -- 'watch' some nature sounds videos, British panel shows, and Giant Bomb features, and youtube will be convinced that's all you want to watch forever and anon, and populate your recs therein!

{youtube idiot(algorithm)s, i have subs, i don't need those subs in my suggestions!}

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah I 100% avoid YouTube got content

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    What is the upshot to putting leaked spoilers in headlines though?

How many people care enough about the show to read about it but not enough to be bothered by having the next episode ruined for them?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I think the real question is 'How much joy do people get from ruining stuff for others?'.

Unfortunately for some people, the answer is 'A lot'.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
This discussion has been closed.