The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Peep This

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 16 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Peep This

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
Dark Raven XA Dabble Of TheloniusNightslyrcB557KamarRhesus PositiveAndy JoeRiuszepherinjoshofalltradesLeon2309MagicalGoats

Posts

  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 16
    obviously, in the video games, you have TWO peepees
    217536661_hXTNm-2100x20000.jpg

    jwalk on
    cB557Tofystedethfortyzepherin
  • TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    It feels weird seeing a guest strip in PA. Welcomed though!

    Large theme of the gap between gamers and non-gamers recently, loving it! I wonder if we'll be going back into politics (or would that bring bad memories of Jack Thompson and similar folks?)

  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Ironically, even as a gamer, e-sports are just as alien to me as regular sports. I approach games as a storytelling medium that requires immersion, but e-sports requires reducing the game to pure mechanics, which is literally the least enjoyable way to play games to me.

    ChiselphanezepherinLeon2309MagicalGoats
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 17
    Ah yes the riveting lore of Streetfighter and Counterstrike.

    And let's not forget blizzards compelling storytelling by the briljant writer Chris Metzen.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • SolventSolvent Econ-artist ኢትዮጵያRegistered User regular
    I am indeed curious as to the genesis of this comic, unfortunately, I do not listen to podcasts.

    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.
  • FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    edited August 17
    bwanie wrote: »
    Ah yes the riveting lore of Streetfighter and Counterstrike.

    And let's not forget blizzards compelling storytelling by the briljant writer Chris Metzen.

    Yup, if you want really want a game with good storytellng, well, just look at bwanie's icon. Grim Fandango is a prime example.

    FireballDragon on
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Solvent wrote: »
    I am indeed curious as to the genesis of this comic, unfortunately, I do not listen to podcasts.

    This seems like a strange policy.

    Descendant XKayne Red Robe
  • SolventSolvent Econ-artist ኢትዮጵያRegistered User regular
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.
    TofystedethCommander ZoomitalianranmaMagicalGoats
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Watching a Dota 2 tournament is like listening to the Storage Wars' Don Dotson talking backwards.

    D083uBC.jpg
    cckerberosMagicalGoats
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The International is an extremely enjoyable watch even if you don't play Dota 2.

  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »
    It feels weird seeing a guest strip in PA. Welcomed though!

    But this isn't a guest strip. It's still a strip by Mike. Just Superior Mike, in this case.

  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Solvent wrote: »
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

    Oh, I thought it was like a moral thing! You can watch our podcasts on Youtube, this one is already up as a podcast so it'll be up on Youtube in a few days.

    DemonStaceyitalianranma
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I want to say that the news coverage of the DOTA tournament wasn't this bad in seattle, but it totally was.

    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Ironically, even as a gamer, e-sports are just as alien to me as regular sports. I approach games as a storytelling medium that requires immersion, but e-sports requires reducing the game to pure mechanics, which is literally the least enjoyable way to play games to me.

    The thing about e-sports is that it's about the competition. Some gamers like competition but don't like traditional sports. E-sports appeals to a similar crowd that competitive Magic: The Gathering does, the type of gamer that gets insane levels of satisfaction playing and winning games against others.

    steam_sig.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Trygyl wrote: »
    It feels weird seeing a guest strip in PA. Welcomed though!

    But this isn't a guest strip. It's still a strip by Mike. Just Superior Mike, in this case.

    Sez right there on the comic, Mike and Jerry, not Kris.

    kagg_banner.png
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    Trygyl wrote: »
    It feels weird seeing a guest strip in PA. Welcomed though!

    But this isn't a guest strip. It's still a strip by Mike. Just Superior Mike, in this case.

    Sez right there on the comic, Mike and Jerry, not Kris.

    SUPERIOR Mike.

  • mehniacalmehniacal Registered User new member
    Tube wrote: »
    Solvent wrote: »
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

    Oh, I thought it was like a moral thing! You can watch our podcasts on Youtube, this one is already up as a podcast so it'll be up on Youtube in a few days.

    So, for those of us that are morally opposed to podcasts, what is the genesis :)

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    mehniacal wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Solvent wrote: »
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

    Oh, I thought it was like a moral thing! You can watch our podcasts on Youtube, this one is already up as a podcast so it'll be up on Youtube in a few days.

    So, for those of us that are morally opposed to podcasts, what is the genesis :)

    A Sega console.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    SmrtnikfortyRhesus Positivedennis
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    x_x

Sign In or Register to comment.