As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    A guy posted on our gaming group forum asking for a competitive game today...

[rant] I just gotta say, if you ask to play against a tourney list, don't whine when you get shot off the board. I even went so far as to ask if he wanted me to bring my usual pickup list after I saw how weak his army was, but he insisted on playing against my tourney list.

So many people give competitive players flak for being no fun to play against, but man, I really hate playing against people who have no grasp of what is or isn't good. They act like spoiled children and throw a fit every time they play like shit and get stomped. If you want to play something mediocre, I'll be happy to bring something mediocre and meet you halfway, but when you don't even know your own unit rules I can't do much to help you. Also, your little painted dowels for missile launchers and your inch-thick paint look like dog shit. If you were a 12 year old doing the best with what you had, that's cool. But you're a fucking adult. I don't expect your shit to look stellar (Fuck, half my army is just base coats) but at least spend more than 5 minutes glopping paint onto your stuff. Your melted marines look worse than bare plastic/primer. [/rant]

... I did not have fun. He did not have fun. It was a waste of everyone's time.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    what did he take?

Also, what does your pick up list look like

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I am not a tourney player. I quite often don't know what works well on the table, and I often take units because I like the way they look.

I often get beaten, but I always have fun, and when I do win, it's even more amazing. And I am working on my painting, although it used to be pretty bad. Just... not every player is a tourney player or "That guy."

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I tend to enjoy playing more with suboptimal lists. There is greater unit variety, tactics, etc. This is where the narrative missions and what not shine.

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    what did he take?

Also, what does your pick up list look like

4 daemon princes with wings
    Chaos lord
    10 cultists in a rhino
    10 possessed in a rhino
    2 forgefiends
    2x5 havoks with ML
    5 bikes with 1 melta

Not the worst list by any means, but against a GT level list he doesn't have anywhere near the durability or first turn damage output to win. I seized, but even if I hadn't, there was no way he was going to shoot through my infantry layered to protect my tanks unless he didn't shoot the tanks at all. If he doesn't shoot my tanks, he's losing a daemon prince per predator, as they'll be close enough for me to target them. The TH/SS captain will kill the last daemon prince or the bikes. From there it's mostly just cleanup for me.

DP are decent units, but expensive and best used to support an assault, not be the main force. Cultists are either 10 man tax/obj holders or 40 man warptime blobs for locking things down. Possessed are meat shields. Forgefiends average 1-2 unsaved wounds on T7 3+ vehicles unless you use the stratagem (Which you should, because it basically doubles that), so typically you should see 0-4 damage per forgefiend. Missile launchers are overpriced, the -2 means your opponent will make twice as many saves over a lascannon. Basically the only halfway efficient unit he has (Renegade bikes) he barely has any of. If he had dropped the rhinos/forgefiends, taken 2x5 more bikes, 1 pred and swapped the ML to lascannons, he'd have a considerably stronger army.

My pickup list is;

Captain with JP TH/SS
    Emp champ

9 Crusaders, Flamer, HB, combi flamer, power sword
    Rhino
    5 Crusaders, Plas, Plas can, combi plas
    Assback
    5 Crusaders, Plas, Plas can, combi plas
    Assback

Pred AC/LC
    Pred AC/LC
    Whirlwind

Then I add 500 pts of dread/terminators/vanguard veterans or whatever unit I feel like playing that I think is cool because playing for fun should mean playing things you think are cool. Bringing 50-70% of your list in tried and tested "good" units means you can blow the rest on shit that may not be very good at all, but at least you're not gonna get completely hosed.

My tournament list was a few pages back, but short version is Chap master, captain, LT, 3 preds, 4 assbacks, 3 tarantulas, 3x5 crusaders and 3x5 scouts.
    I am not a tourney player. I quite often don't know what works well on the table, and I often take units because I like the way they look.

I often get beaten, but I always have fun, and when I do win, it's even more amazing. And I am working on my painting, although it used to be pretty bad. Just... not every player is a tourney player or "That guy."

You're the usual player. You're fun to play with, so long as you don't tell me to bring a competitive list. We'll have stuff like 20 man crusader squads throwing down with assault terminators and tac squads. And we'll have fun, because we're not playing to win, we're playing to see stuff we like do cool shit. Theres a difference between having a mediocre paint job and covering a model with so much paint you can't see the aquilla/chains on them anymore.
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I tend to enjoy playing more with suboptimal lists. There is greater unit variety, tactics, etc. This is where the narrative missions and what not shine.

I try to not take more than 1/2 of any unit. I love redundancy so important stuff I take 2 of, but beside that it's way cooler to bring an interesting range of units.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Edit: Nevermind. Read the wrong thing.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    So tonight I learned that a combined Tyranid/Genestealer Cult/Imperial Guard list is all kinds of nasty.

No, I do not want Genestealers able to charge me on the first turn. No, I do not want three Mawlocs dealing seven mortal wounds to a vehicle just by appearing next to it. No, I do not want this to be happening while I am getting shot at by Mortars, Manticores and Basilisks on the other side of the table that don't even need to be able to see my units to shoot them.

On the flip side, despite getting tabled in turn 6 I was mostly happy with how my list performed and I think I basically got shafted by a combination of early dice rolls going against me and my opponent getting the first turn. Standout performance was a Warlock Skyrunner that managed to soak up an entire turn of shooting from twelve Mortar Squads, three Basilisks and a Manticore without losing a single wound.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    tabled in turn 6[/i]

I'm honestly surprised it took that long for a list that has the stuff you described to table you! What were you running?

• Options
    tabled in turn 6[/i]

I'm honestly surprised it took that long for a list that has the stuff you described to table you! What were you running?

It was a prep game for a tournament next month, and the list I used was this;

++ Battalion Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [14 PL, 265pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer Skyrunner [9 PL, 178pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock Skyrunner [5 PL, 87pts]: 1. Conceal/Reveal, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [52 PL, 1091pts] ++

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 53pts]
    . 3x Kabalite Warrior
    . Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
    . Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 57pts]
    . 3x Kabalite Warrior
    . Sybarite: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 185pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 95pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [29 PL, 642pts] ++

+ HQ +

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Word of the Phoenix

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [6 PL, 150pts]
    . Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
    . Solarite: Shardcarbine

Scourges [6 PL, 150pts]
    . Solarite: Shardcarbine

Windriders [10 PL, 210pts]
    . 6x Windrider - Scatter Laser: 6x Scatter Laser

++ Total: [95 PL, 1998pts] ++

Which is basically the most powerful "mainly Dark Eldar" list that I've managed to figure out. The Ynnari detachment in particular kicks like a fucking mule if the buffs go off.

• Options
    edited October 2017

You're the usual player. You're fun to play with, so long as you don't tell me to bring a competitive list. We'll have stuff like 20 man crusader squads throwing down with assault terminators and tac squads. And we'll have fun, because we're not playing to win, we're playing to see stuff we like do cool shit. Theres a difference between having a mediocre paint job and covering a model with so much paint you can't see the aquilla/chains on them anymore.

That sounds like a great game, and one I wish I could get around here. Most of our local players think bringing knights to a "fun" game is okay.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Need some Tyranid rumors, please!

They're getting a new Start Collecting box with Genestealers, a Broodlord and a Trygon in it?

I don't know a large squad of gaunts a 3 pack of warriors and maybe a either a Tyrant or Tervigon

But I really am not fond of the look of the Tervigon as I thought it would have vents or something to birth the gaunts on the side of it's carapace

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I can confirm @TraceofToxin is a good guy to play against.
    He’s an awful human being for reasons entirely unrelated to Warhammer

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I have so much trouble just playing with random people at the LGS. I'm not fond of interacting with people I don't know. I really really want to play right now but I have no friends to go with today.

My LGS also kind of sucks for gaming on weekends. All of the tables are reserved on Friday and Saturday is for tournaments and Sunday is only 12pm to 6pm.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Next week eldar preorder and also eldar made to order including the bonesinger.

Also some snazzy aspect warrior dice.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/

• Options
    Oo the dice a hard choice of which one to get
    Yay the bonesinger and I have no idea how to say autarch

But why use the same cover as the previous one?

• Options
    Swooping Hawks for me, I think. Nicest colour and easily readable numbers.

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Are IG stormtrooper based armies any good?

'Cause I just want to run an elite squad of stormtroopers and pretend they are just cool sci-fi commands of the 41st millennia...

canuckont on
    I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Started assembling the Primaris dudes from the box and yeah, I decided to go for Red Scorpions.

• Options
    I kind of want to do a Mantis Warriors one but I already have Black Templars......
    I gave the primaris to my brother who resurrected his Space wolf army

I have questions about the new Craftworld codex most of them are Ynnari related

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Played game two of the narrative campaign verse the grey knights.

My army (Hedonestarii)
    ++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [43 PL, 589pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Alpha Legion

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Power maul

Sorcerer [6 PL, 102pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 48pts]: 11x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh
    . Cultist Champion: Autogun

+ Heavy Support +

Havocs [7 PL, 132pts]: No Chaos Mark
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma
    . Havoc w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

Havocs [7 PL, 135pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Missile launcher
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [44 PL, 787pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 78pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Power sword

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 255pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma, Power axe
    . Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power axe
    . Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 139pts]: Helbrute fist, Mark of Slaanesh, Multi-melta

Helbrute [7 PL, 137pts]: Twin Blastmaster, Mark of Slaanesh, Missile launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 178pts]: Havoc launcher, No Chaos Mark, Reaper autocannon

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [45 PL, 624pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack [6 PL, 105pts]: 2x Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh

Daemon Prince [8 PL, 156pts]: Intoxicating Elixir, Malefic talon, Slaanesh

+ Troops +

Chaos Space Marines [9 PL, 103pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
    . 4x Marine w/ Boltgun
    . Marine w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

Noise Marines [11 PL, 130pts]
    . Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
    . 4x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 4x Sonic Blaster
    . Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Sonic blaster

Noise Marines [11 PL, 130pts]
    . Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
    . 4x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 4x Sonic Blaster
    . Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Sonic blaster

++ Total: [132 PL, 2000pts] ++

My army is mean. I know that. 10 CPs. Lots of bubble wrap verse deep strike. Lots of dakka. And some mean cc units. It is exactly why I love my chaos army now. So many choices and all are good. Also I had a ton of CP to play with. I was super excited to play this army.

My opponent, from memory:
    ++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [121 PL, 1935pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 152pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Nemesis Warding Stave, Sanctuary, Storm Bolter, Warlord

Grand Master [10 PL, 175pts]: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Sanctuary, Storm Bolter

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 290pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Sanctuary

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [7 PL, 105pts]: Gate of Infinity
    . Grey Knight (Falchions): Storm Bolter
    . 2x Grey Knight (Sword): 2x Storm Bolter
    . Grey Knight (Warding Stave): Storm Bolter
    . Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm bolter

. 4x Grey Knight (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter

. 4x Grey Knight (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 90pts]: Nemesis Force Sword, Sanctuary

Brotherhood Ancient [7 PL, 130pts]: Gate of Infinity, Storm bolter

Dreadnought [8 PL, 156pts]: Astral Aim, Dreadnought Combat Weapon (storm bolter), Multi-melta, Psyker (Sanctic 1)

Paladin Squad [32 PL, 330pts]: Gate of Infinity
    . 5x Paladin (Falchions): 5x Storm Bolter
    . Paragon: Storm Bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 225pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Hammerhand, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [121 PL, 1935pts] ++

I must be forgetting some upgrades or something. But this was his base army.

Half his army was in deep strike, including all the characters but the grandmaster non-dreadknight. Two strike squads were in the rhino.

He gave me turn 1 because he was hoping I would move out of my bubble wrap which was his main mistake. I instead used my range of blastmasters plus infiltrated havocs and dropped in chaos lord and termis to alpha strike stuff that was out.

First turn I killed the following with shooting:

1)Rhino
    2)Dreadknight
    3)Grandmaster

Then in close combat with my termis I killed one strike squad. Also a few other members of the strike squad. In my first turn I killed about 600 points of units and it was mostly with my suicide squads.

On his turn his deepstrikes are in the backline to deal with my termis, havocs, and suicide lord. He cleans up havocs and lord but can't shoot the termis because I surrounded the last strike squad members in close combat so he could back out.

He charges the termis with his last other strike squad folks. In the end I kill both strike squads. He does clean up the last of my termis on his next turn but at this point he is 36"+ away from with mostly folks in termi armor and me sitting on half the board hitting his shit with lascannons, blastmasters, defiler battle cannons, and missile launchers.

I kill his grandmaster dreadknight using my multi-melta and a fire frenzied sonic dread which I rolled amazing with.

By the end he had two paladins, and his characters and that was it. Still with some good malstrom cards at the end he got up to 6 points and I had 7 so I won by 1. Game ended at 5 by a roll at 6 I would of probably tabled him.

Still I used a bunch of things I hadn't been able to.

I got to use excessive violence stratagem to help my termis just basically wipe the strike squads. I rolled super well with my death to the false emperor. I shot twice with my plasma termis. I basically spent about 400 points to wipe out twice that amount of points and locked down my enemies army. Fantastic.

Most of my armies just sat and drank while the long range heavies just shot at things.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    A guy posted on our gaming group forum asking for a competitive game today...

[rant] I just gotta say, if you ask to play against a tourney list, don't whine when you get shot off the board.

What a scrub. It's a real dick move to ask for a competitive game and then get salty 'I didn't mean _THAT_ competitive!'

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    canuckont wrote: »
    Are IG stormtrooper based armies any good?

'Cause I just want to run an elite squad of stormtroopers and pretend they are just cool sci-fi commands of the 41st millennia...

Storm troopers aka scions are really really good right now.

Lots of special weapons, good shooting, some nasty deep strike.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Next week eldar preorder and also eldar made to order including the bonesinger.

Also some snazzy aspect warrior dice.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/

On the one hand; excellent.

On the other; oh God I'm planning on taking Craftworld units to a tournament the weekend after this releases. I've made a huge mistake.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The eldar dice are pretty cool but I don't like using dice without pips when I'm rolling more than 10 at a time

I rolled up a 2k World Eaters list using mostly stuff I already had. I just needed any excuse to buy Kharn because I love that model

• Options
    I would just use the dice to be fancy for the farseer or to track things

But rolling 10+ dice yeah I have a cup for that

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I don't remember if I've posted this here, and I can't find it, but I wanted opinions on this list:

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [41 PL, 778pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

+ HQ +

Chaplain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 117pts]: Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Company Champion [3 PL, 54pts]: Combat shield, Master-crafted power sword, The Burning Blade

Imperial Space Marine [3 PL, 60pts]

Terminator Assault Squad [12 PL, 260pts]
    . Terminator Sergeant
    . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
    . 4x Terminator w/THSS: 4x Storm shield, 4x Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Crusader [16 PL, 287pts]: 2x Hurricane bolter, Twin assault cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [66 PL, 1220pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 93pts]: Plasma pistol, Power fist, The Armour Indomitus

Librarian [6 PL, 107pts]: 1) Veil of Time, 2) Might of Heroes, Bolt pistol, Force stave

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [6 PL, 90pts]: 5x Camo cloak
    . Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle
    . 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 149pts]
    . 7x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter
    . Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Flamer

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 168pts]
    . 7x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Power fist
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [11 PL, 183pts]: Jump Pack
    . 7x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Power axe

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [11 PL, 235pts]: Armorium Cherub
    . 5x Space Marine
    . Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword
    . Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

+ Flyer +

Stormtalon Gunship [9 PL, 195pts]: Twin assault cannon, Typhoon missile launcher

++ Total: [107 PL, 1998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

It's probably not the hardest list in the world, but I really wanted to include the imperial Space Marine (because I own him) and a company champion (because he's cool) in a list. I wanted the Crusader because I want to get my chaplain and my termies to the same spot at the same time, and I have gone back and forth on a Crusader or Redeemer.

Right now, I've bought everything this list has. It just needs assembly and paint.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    8thfykap6bdc.png

• Options
    That brings it all the way back to Rogue Trader era Space Marines.

• Options
    They had a lost from Forgeworld. Every Sergeant was a journeyman apothecary.

• Options
    Iyanden:
    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

built in commissars and vallhallan made wraith constructs. Pretty nice.

Also Wraith Lords and Guard get the pre-index toughness. Spiritseers got cheaper and Warlocks more expensive for whatever reason. I hope Warlocks get some kind of rules adjustment in return.

• Options
    If Warlocks are now 35 points that's actually a very minor buff to them, as they currently cost 37.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Ah, I had 30 in my head.

Tomorrow is Uthwe, so I hope we'll also get some info about Warlock Councils. At the moment single Warlocks seem so much more appealing to me than the council because of the character rule.

oooh, I was just thinking that a +6" range rule for Shuriken weapons for Ulthwe would be pretty nice and benefit mainly Guardian based units.

honovere on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Wraithguard/blades got bumped back up to T6 and didnt get a points increase, which im pretty happy about!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Do we know yet if Custodes are going to be a complete army? Trying to decide on what to blow money on and indecisiveness is killing me.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Do we know yet if Custodes are going to be a complete army? Trying to decide on what to blow money on and indecisiveness is killing me.

Doesn't seem likely.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    All the new Custodes stuff seems to be Forgeworld only. It’s more expensive than God, but they’ve got terminators, dreadnoughts, jetbikes, and some sort of weird flyer.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to offer a second confirmation that @TraceofToxin is a fun guy to play games with/against but is otherwise terrible. Mostly because he won't come back for visits.

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to offer a second confirmation that @TraceofToxin is a fun guy to play games with/against but is otherwise terrible. Mostly because he won't come back for visits.

You pay the 80 bucks in tolls and I might.

Or con @Dayspring to come stay with me and I'll drive us down to see all the DC/NOVA folks

• Options
    Any comments or suggestions for my earlier posted list, guys?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Any comments or suggestions for my earlier posted list, guys?

If you're not planning on taking it to touranments, there's not much to say.

I suppose you're wasting a CP on the burning brand, since it's kinda weak. Tho so is the armor, when you could take the shield.

Besides that, flamer tac marines on foot is kinda meh. One rhino and you could put two 5 man squads with flamers in it? Idk, I don't much like tac marines personally, but they're not awful.

This discussion has been closed.