As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] moves to a camp upstate

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So many good choices...Shantae, Axiom Verge, Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, gah!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Of those four, being the resident Shantae fangirl, I hate to say it but...SteamWorld Dig 2 is the best one, I think

It's so, so good

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Of those four, being the resident Shantae fangirl, I hate to say it but...SteamWorld Dig 2 is the best one, I think

It's so, so good

It's honestly a contender for my game of the year

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Downloading switch games is horrifically slow in China.

Stardew valley took me two days. :(

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I went with Shantae just because I think as a household it will get more play where Steamworld would be more for me.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I got 100% in Steamworld Dig 2 on ps4. Absolutely loved it, although I'll never get platinum because I can't speed run that type of game

Also the 100% trials are hard

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I have literally never played any DKC game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Shantae grossed me out to the point I requested they remove it from my Steam library.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It ain't just Nintendo

The fact that more companies don't sell their soundtracks on iTunes is straight up confusing

I'm just glaring at SE on this, 24/7. Though at least they sell soundtracks to begin with, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Switch games out next week, according to the eShop

JUST DANCE 2018
    KNIGHT TERRORS
    MOON HUNTERS
    THE MUMMY DEMASTERED
    SPLASHER
    SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
    THIS IS THE POLICE
    TIME RECOIL
    ZOMBIE GOLDRUSH
    there's no trailer for this on YouTube and I suspect it's a phishing scam

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I really wanna play The Mummy Demastered but Jesus could you possibly pick a worse week

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What's the word on Moon Hunters? Any good?

• Options
    Reminder that Just Dance 2018 is also hitting that hot Nintendo console, the original Wii

Part of me kinda wants to get it, I imagine it's gonna end up being the last game released for the system

• Options
    Reminder that Just Dance 2018 is also hitting that hot Nintendo console, the original Wii

Part of me kinda wants to get it, I imagine it's gonna end up being the last game released for the system

what?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

what?

Apparently the Wii version sells incredibly well every year still, so why not keep making them, I guess?

Ain't like they're demanding games

• Options
    I'm always surprised by how long some consoles still get games and support

• Options
    FIFA was still coming out on PS2 until 2013

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What's the word on Moon Hunters? Any good?

I don't really know anything about it, but user reviews on Steam are Mostly Positive.

• Options
    So I played Super Mario Odyssey at Best Buy

Absolutely loved what I played, tried both with detached Joycon and with the Joycon in the grip

Only thing I didn't like was the spin attack, where you basically have to jerk your hands to the left. It felt clumsy and unresponsive. Hopefully that won't be the way you trigger that attack when playing with a Pro

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Absolutely loved what I played, tried both with detached Joycon and with the Joycon in the grip

Only thing I didn't like was the spin attack, where you basically have to jerk your hands to the left. It felt clumsy and unresponsive. Hopefully that won't be the way you trigger that attack when playing with a Pro

Apparently my local store isn't doing a demo. Oh well, I've already had my taste anyway

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    I've played the Odyssey demo three times and every time I love it more and find new stuff to do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    By the way, people wondering about what Nintendo might have in store down the line

New Super Mario Bros. Switch

I know people around these parts don't seem to dig them (personally I think they're great aside from the DS original), but they've consistently been huge hits - in every instance where both styles of Mario games are available, they've sold more (Wii over Galaxy/2, NSMB2 over 3D Land, U over 3D World)

I would be pretty down for NSMB Switch next year or the year after

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the DS one is the only one of that series I've played
    it was ok I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Something always felt off about the 'New' games for me. I beat that first one, and it was way too easy for a Mario game. Not that they're traditionally really difficult, but there's usually some satisfyingly trick parts, and I barely even died during that thing. I know it's harsh to compare anything to SMB1-W, but they're so far off them that it's hard not to be disappointed.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The Wii and U NSMBs were some of the best games in the series, excepting their aesthetics. Really, really fun to play. I'd be very excited for a new entry in the franchise if it were designed to have a bit more pop

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I liked the running goal of "get a million coins" in NSMB2, I just wish that the only reward wasn't a different title screen

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

The Pro Controller has motion controls, so who knows. Guess we'll find out in a week.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Fyi you can nearly kill this boss by chain leaping on him during his intro (the left gap in the floor). It's still hard as hell but you only need one good hit after the intro if you do that.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    So many good choices...Shantae, Axiom Verge, Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, gah!

Axiom Verge and Golf Story are both good games worth buyong, but with notable flaws.

Axiom Verge desperately needed an editing pass or 3 to consolidate the massive number of upgrades (every button on the switch is a different function!) and tons of weapons with no clear function or redundant use cases. Plus the boss fights look cool but play pretty lame.

Golf Story felt like the first two course areas were fully realized and then sort of dropped the "golf everywhere" being relevant. It's also really easy aside from some hot bullshit water hazards.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I got Golf Story because it looked charming in the same way as Stardew Valley

and it is, so far!

needs more geese though

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I ended up skipping the Best Buy Odyssey event today, partially because it's only five days and a handful of hours away, but mostly because I played about 17 hours of Stardew over the past two days and didn't find myself presentable in public.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I got Golf Story because it looked charming in the same way as Stardew Valley

and it is, so far!

needs more geese though

That is true of many things, however.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Skyrim.

One month.

Yes.

Terraria is
    not out yet when is it out?
    Haiku for come out!!!!!!

Drez on
  • Options
    I ended up skipping the Best Buy Odyssey event today, partially because it's only five days and a handful of hours away, but mostly because I played about 17 hours of Stardew over the past two days and didn't find myself presentable in public.

I’ve played 500 hours of Stardew Valley today alone.

• Options
    I am at the Alamo Drafthouse about to watch Happy Death Day. I have a shake. Life is good.

Shoulda waited for my birthday tomorrow tho

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    This is not the thread I thought it was

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Looking at we are the police I am not into building a corrupt police Dept
    I would much rather have Doorkickers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swp9d9tqg7M

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that Golf Story's success means the devs will go through with some QoL changes, there's a long list of what it could use.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I finally got to the point in fire emblem echoes where I am controlling both groups, I wasn't expecting it to actually work like that but it seems like a pretty neat idea

Its been a fun game so far, the different mechanics are at least mostly interesting/novel instead of just creating a huge bloated mess of things to keep track of.

Playing on normal/classic and the difficulty hasn't been bad except for the one time a glowing terror spawned in the bandit cave and promptly murdered Tobin.

Story has been perfectly fine fire emblem fare, the voice work is better than I expected and the characters are mostly enjoyable. Leon is going to be in my party forever, Faye is creepy as shit.

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.