As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    I put together a token Druid list that feels like it's almost there but I need some help workshopping it. Advice appreciated!

# 2x (1) Earthen Scales
    # 2x (1) Mark of the Lotus
    # 2x (2) Power of the Wild
    # 2x (2) Wild Growth
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 1x (3) Crypt Lord
    # 2x (3) Savage Roar
    # 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
    # 2x (4) Mire Keeper
    # 1x (4) Strongshell Scavenger
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 2x (4) Violet Teacher
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 2x (6) Spreading Plague
    # 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
    # 1x (7) Wisps of the Old Gods
    # 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
    # 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
    #
    AAECAZICBq6rAv+tAqG3Ao7QApHQApnTAgxAX/cD5gXEBoUI5Ai+rgLNuwL5wAKgzQKHzgIA

i reckon either drop a UI or add one jade idol to the deck. shuffling that jade is often all it takes to turn the second UI from a dead card to a winning swing

- if you want to keep medivh, what about moonglade portals instead of earthen scales?
    - i don't mind a starfall in fandral decks, or an evolved kobold/some other spell damage to make swipe actually function as a board clear
    - i'd probably drop one savage roar and one POTW for druids of the swarm
    - what about lich king for WOTOG? that anti-magic shell

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I don't feel bad about playing Fatigue Decks because bullcrap like Exodia Mage and Jade Druid exist. #HOTTAKE.

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    should i just take innervate out of my aggro druid deck now (djfindus deck)?

i'm not sure what to sub it with. just some other hard to clear 1 drop? maybe a loot hoarder or something?

• Options
    Finally hit the rank 15 floor this month with Razakus Priest. It's a pretty good deck.

• Options
    Ketherial wrote: »

i'm not sure what to sub it with. just some other hard to clear 1 drop? maybe a loot hoarder or something?

stubborn gastros to set up good protection for your fledgling?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    is a stubborn gastro at turn 2 really better than that 3/2 taunt though?

edit: pompous thespian - just looked it up.

Ketherial on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Honestly I think you still run Innervates. Even just pooping out one extra dude on your turn can really make a difference.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think Innervate is worth it in Aggro but not in Jade.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Yes? I mean, if you're playing a taunt, I assume that's because you're using it to block something, in which case the gastro kills whatever it blocks regardless of its health. It does 2 less damage on the attack, but it's also a beast for Mark of Y'shaarj, and if you're looking to attack, I think there are better choices than Thespian anyways. Dire Wolf Alpha? Bilefin Tidehunter? Fallen Sun Cleric?

(Alt: Druid of the Swarm's just a straight upgrade on Stubborn Gastropod.)

• Options
    edited September 2017

i guess only for mark of y'shaarj synergy. i'd also say it's better off-curve, though it's a liability vs priest with potions of madness. dunno!

edit: on that note, what about faerie dragons? with mark of the lotus on 3, that's an easy upgrade to (current darling of the meta) bearshark!

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I think Innervate is worth it in Aggro but not in Jade.

I still think you run Innervate in Jade, too, tbh.

I'm looking at several Innervate-less Jade decks on HSReplay and their winrates are muuuuch lower than their Innervate counterparts.

Clearly still worth it, I think.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i look forward to this reigniting debates about whether the coin is overpowered, ignoring that the coin comes with a mandatory "going second"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I feel like KOTFT packs are broke. I think I haven't gotten an epic in daaays and I must be close to the pity timer by now.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

what is happening here I don't even know some of these cards

also

toast predicted a druid would suicide via geddon in an arena game? how the fuck?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

what is happening here I don't even know some of these cards

also

toast predicted a druid would suicide via geddon in an arena game? how the fuck?

The dinosaur is a Hunter legendary that automatically attacks any minion your opponent plays. The goblin in the top hat randomizes all targeting (similar to Misdirection). So when the Mage played a minion, the dino attempted to attack it, but was redirected to face, bypassing Ice Block.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I got annoyed with the current meta decks, so I build a deck to counter everything.

Skulking Geist to counter Jade Idol and a mess of cheap Priest spells. Dirty Rat to counter Quest Mage by dropping Quest pieces, to counter EZ Priest by serving up big minions for safe disposal somehow, to counter Raza by forcing her onto the board, etc. Eater of Secrets to eat Ice Blocks.

But how do I counter Bittertide Hydras showing up in Aggro Druid, Hunter and even Secret Mage decks? Oh, right.
    2x (2) Devolve
    2x (2) Dirty Rat
    2x (2) Jade Claws
    2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
    2x (3) Lightning Storm
    2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
    1x (4) Eater of Secrets
    2x (4) Hex
    2x (4) Jade Lightning
    2x (4) Jade Spirit
    1x (5) Bloodlust
    2x (5) Volcano
    1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
    1x (6) Skulking Geist
    2x (6) Thing from Below
    2x (7) Jade Chieftain
    1x (8) The Lich King
    1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Hope's End

AAECAfe5AgaTCemsAoivApS9AqDOAsLOAgyBBPUE/gX7qgKgtgLmuwKHvALPvALRvAL2vQLHwQLfxAIA

I haven’t been able to live the dream against a Hydra yet, but an unfortunate Warlock dropped Bane of Doom on one of my minions and got a Howlfiend; it didn’t end well for him or her.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I saw the full vid and he got matched to a person on his friend's list who messaged him saying he'd lose on purpose to screw with Hafu or something. She couldn't see the chat message so he played along. His opponent told him to set him to 1 so he could drop Baron Geddon. Pretty funny!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I feel like KOTFT packs are broke. I think I haven't gotten an epic in daaays and I must be close to the pity timer by now.

Is there a pity timer for epics too?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I saw the full vid and he got matched to a person on his friend's list who messaged him saying he'd lose on purpose to screw with Hafu or something. She couldn't see the chat message so he played along. His opponent told him to set him to 1 so he could drop Baron Geddon. Pretty funny!

Oh good okay. That was fucking with me.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

Yeah, every 9 packs.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

Yeah, every 9 packs.

I did not know that. Huh.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm probably having a little too much fun with the Priest, Barnes / Malygos / Y'shaarj package

In the most recent game, Barnes made a Y'shaarh, who then pulled Y'shaarh. I then got a 5/5 Malygos, and Y'shaarj got the real from from the deck. Next turn I hit the poor Jade druid for 24 damage from 2 Holy Smites.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Alright, my Obsidian deck can't hack it past Rank 3. Too slow against hunter and too inconsistent against combo highlander priest. Pretty disappointing.

E: What's a fun, good card to build a deck around that doesn't feel shitty for your opponent to lose to? Hard veto on anything that generates random cards.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if you can't beat em, join em

it's a hunter meta and i got legend for the first time with mid hunter

just play alley cat vomit beasts and go face, win games, ez

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    if you can't beat em, join em

it's a hunter meta and i got legend for the first time with mid hunter

just play alley cat vomit beasts and go face, win games, ez

What deck did you use Beasteh?

I was looking at Roast's Hybrid from the Vicious Report
    ### Roast's Hybrid Hunter
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (1) Alleycat
    # 1x (1) Hungry Crab
    # 1x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
    # 1x (2) Flare
    # 2x (2) Golakka Crawler
    # 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
    # 2x (3) Animal Companion
    # 2x (3) Deadly Shot
    # 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
    # 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
    # 2x (4) Houndmaster
    # 1x (4) Spellbreaker
    # 1x (5) Bittertide Hydra
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
    # 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
    #
    AAECAR8IuwOvBLsF8gWAB5cIr8IChtMCC6gCtQPrB8UI2wmBCv4M6rsCn8IC5MICjsMCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/hunter-decks/midrange-hunter/roasts-hybrid-hunter/

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    i hit legend back in march or so, my deck was totally different then

nowadays i would suggest using the hybrid rexxar variant with a flare to murk exodia

e: exactly like the one you linked

Beasteh on
  • Options
    BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    Hit a wall with Razakus Priest on the cusp of Rank 5. I don't have Velen, so I switched it up to StrifeCro's list that doesn't run the card. Bad idea. Now I'm back at 10. I don't think the list is particularly good at turning a corner, especially against Jade Druid. It's fantastic against aggro, but I haven't had great luck against all other decks. And for a deck that I never had trouble with drawing Raza and Anduin, having Acolyte, Engineer, and Loot Hoarder seems awfully unnecessary. Is anyone else running a Razakus deck sans Velen?

• Options
    Hit a wall with Razakus Priest on the cusp of Rank 5. I don't have Velen, so I switched it up to StrifeCro's list that doesn't run the card. Bad idea. Now I'm back at 10. I don't think the list is particularly good at turning a corner, especially against Jade Druid. It's fantastic against aggro, but I haven't had great luck against all other decks. And for a deck that I never had trouble with drawing Raza and Anduin, having Acolyte, Engineer, and Loot Hoarder seems awfully unnecessary. Is anyone else running a Razakus deck sans Velen?

Yup, there's plenty of non-Velen Razakus decks. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the massive cycle lists anyway.

So here's mine:

7mElKKk.png
    AAECAa0GHooB5QTtBckG0wrXCvIM+AzgrAKStAKDuwK1uwLYuwLwuwKwvALhvwLqvwLRwQLVwQLYwQLZwQLcwQKbwgKZyAK+yALlzALmzALCzgLwzwKQ0wIAAA==

Just a nice good minion-y/value list.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Flare getting rid of an Ice Block into Hero Power Lethal is so very satisfying.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Have lost the last couple matches of fatigue warrior vs raza priest down to there last cards in hand and dumb rng combos such as getting 3 mind blasts out of 4 card from lyra or getting molten reflection of an ungoro pack for double velen

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular

nowadays i would suggest using the hybrid rexxar variant with a flare to murk exodia

What could I swap in for Leeroy?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I think I'd pay money for an auto-squelch function. I'm just trying to have some fun with a goofy deck, please don't emote "Hello" when you beat it.

Despite all that, I had some fun with Drakkari Enchanter and Shadow Ascendant.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I used to hate Bittertide Hydra. I thought that it was a bad card that lost me games. But you know what? I was wrong. It’s single-handedly won me a bunch of games this morning that I otherwise might have lost. Like this one:
    rrpCCsa.jpg
    (The second Volcano was lethal)

(See also: Trump vs. Bittertide Hydra.)

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular

Reckless rocleteer is usually a decent Leeroy sub.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »

I don't think this has ever been true? Like, Argent Commander is way better. It's only a little less face damage for way more flexibility, and it even allows for fancy Shadowstep plays after you pop the bubble.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

I don't think this has ever been true? Like, Argent Commander is way better. It's only a little less face damage for way more flexibility, and it even allows for fancy Shadowstep plays after you pop the bubble.

Depends how short of lethal you are falling. Also, hunter doesn't have shadowstep.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Depends how short of lethal you are falling. Also, hunter doesn't have shadowstep.

Oh, I was still thinking about the Keleseth/Leeroy rogue deck from earlier.

Would still recommend Commander over Rocketeer in Hunter. I'd run Wolfrider before Rocketeer.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Just roll Huffer when you need exact lethal. Seems to happen all the time when I'm up against Hunters.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NfARjD2T8Q

Here's Trump playing 5 games of the Mill/Fatigue Warrior deck for over an hour. While Trump may occasionally make mistakes (39:45 ugh...), I still appreciate how he's talking out each turn to really help understand what he's thinking. Really shows how powerful that deck can be, but only if you really think about things many turns in advance.

At the end, he mentioned that this deck will be as powerful as Patron after the nerfs today (woo hoo!), but only if piloted correctly. As near as I can tell, he's right.

holy crap this deck

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fatigue Warrior is super fun to play, but really hard to play well.