Options

Innocuous poll [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2017
    Vanguard wrote: »
    also with facial recognition won't it be easier to coerce unlocks

there is a new feature where if you tap the power button 3-5 times rapidly (I dont know it for sure as I haven't used it yet) it will require a passcode to unlock, disabling the touchID/FaceID token.

People are calling it the "cop" feature, which makes sense. If I get pulled over for any reason, just grab the phone and tap the side button repeatedly.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Get pulled over and quickly grab the large black object out of your pocket

whoops you're full of holes now

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    e5yu4wab0vkz.jpg

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Get pulled over and quickly grab the large black object out of your pocket

whoops you're full of holes now

Man I know police suck but if they shot everyone who went for their phone when police showed up there would be an order of magnitude more dead people in this country by cops.

It's ACLU's recommendation that you start recording immediately if a cop pulls you over. Which, conveniently, you can do from the lock screen without unlocking the phone!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    e5yu4wab0vkz.jpg

i feel so bad for him. :(

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    Don't feel bad for him. Chill out. Like he does. Cool as a pint of vanilla, kitten.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tube, always watching
    How do these people exist

I mean, it's gotta work for them on some level otherwise why would they put that in their dating profile

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I mean, it's gotta work for them on some level otherwise why would they put that in their dating profile

Plenty of people don't actually get dates.

• Options
    I also feel like we are set for another 6 months of people saying they "hacked" face ID because they got a perfect 3D scan of a person's face, used a 3D printer to print the head structure, applied a realistic latex skin to it with printed blemishes ala Mission Impossible, and managed to use that to unlock the phone within the window of time they can use the face to do so, without the person being aware the phone was stolen and within the number of attempts allowed before the passcode is needed.

Similar noise was made when TouchID launched, and as far as I know aside from stuff really limited to government / high corporate espionage the means of tricking it are significantly harder and less likely for success than just coercing the person to punch in their password.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Frozen yogurt isn't ice cream, this is false advertising, I want a divorce.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tube, always watching
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Then they change their approach, right

Right??

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    New season of Bojack Horseman is so gooooood

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Sosig or ravioley for dinner.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Echo, our new dad. He's OK, but we're not allowed to open the attic door any more and strange, unearthly lights seem to shine from deep within his eyes.
    Quick microphone question.

My microphone in system devices is working and showing that it's picking up my voice. But it's not transmitting to discord or overwatch.

If I just check in the blizzard launcher to test the microphone it reads me no problem but then in game nothing. Any quick ideas?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

My microphone in system devices is working and showing that it's picking up my voice. But it's not transmitting to discord or overwatch.

If I just check in the blizzard launcher to test the microphone it reads me no problem but then in game nothing. Any quick ideas?

Could Overwatch be set to push-to-talk?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Then they change their approach, right

Right??

Man do you see me sending out wedding invites.

• Options
    Echo, our new dad. He's OK, but we're not allowed to open the attic door any more and strange, unearthly lights seem to shine from deep within his eyes.

Could Overwatch be set to push-to-talk?

It is but i'm getting the confirmation beep when I press the key.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Check what the voice chat input device is set to in Overwatch/Discord
    And check the Sound control panel to see what your "default" mic/communication device is

• Options

Check what the voice chat input device is set to in Overwatch/Discord
    And check the Sound control panel to see what your "default" mic/communication device is

I've tried it set directly to my microphone and to default device after choosing in my system options for it to be the default device.

what's so confusing is if i'm just in the blizzard app and testing it shows that it's reading me loud and clear. enter the game and nothing.

i should see if skype works.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Was it stupid that I just drove 20 miles to a Best Buy instead of waiting and getting my order shipped to me two weeks later?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Was it stupid that I just drove 20 miles to a Best Buy instead of waiting and getting my order shipped to me two weeks later?

What was it?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    xXx360phonescopexXx

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

How far away is 20 miles in terms of minutes?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    And tomorrow's booking is cancelled

Was gonna do a careful read of the contract to see if it opens for that kind of thing - like 80% aure it doesn't - and then demand my pay nonetheless

But for now, drinking! On a Saturday! Forst chance to in three weeks! Fuck I am sick of both my jobs!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    You all probably know I'm not a big fan of gun violence, but Destiny has reinforced my concern that I really like stabbing people.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Amy McStabbypants

• Options

What was it?

A stylus for my iPad

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Of course I don't have access to the contract like I thought I still did so I need them to send me it again

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

How far away is 20 miles in terms of minutes?
    This is Texas, so

12 minutes?

• Options
    12 minutes is much, much faster than two weeks

On the other hand, it involved leaving the house, which is something that is forbidden in my home, so I'd say it was a draw

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Amy McStabbypants

It's just satisfying!

Like bubble wrap

• Options
    The opposite of young is old

The opposite of new is old

???

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I'm in...so much pain...

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HOW CAN ONE WORD BE THE OPPOSITE OF TWO WORDS?!??!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    DUE I was skeptical about the corn but it worked

The chips are a fantastic topping and I will steal the idea and use it for future sandwiches

This is the same place that makes "cake shakes" by blending their cupcakes into milkshakes on request

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Neco, breathe

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    IT was a good movie. And it was as funny as it was spooky, which was impressive as hell

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    HOW CAN ONE WORD BE THE OPPOSITE OF TWO WORDS?!??!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Let me really blow your mind:

"Cleave" has two definitions that are the opposite of each other

• Options

Let me really blow your mind:

"Cleave" has two definitions that are the opposite of each other

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGFGFG

• Options
    Destiny 2 is really good
    My favorite part is walking around and having a space ship and looking cool and shooting aliens and getting loot

This discussion has been closed.