Options

Innocuous poll [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Stan Lee is at Hascon (Hasbro Con)

Word on the Internet is that he played some Magic.

Also, this

m3ng8ncyteom.jpg

Eyyyy, that's a nice Lilliana cosplay.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    oh no I am out of chocolate peanut butter ice cream

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that while you were out.

how did this happen to meeeee

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to survive this family dinner.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    yall smug mofos

just nomming your chocolate pb ice cream like its nothing

• Options
    hurricane irma ate my ice cream

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hurricane irma ate my ice cream

Sleep with her best friend

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm not going to survive this family dinner.

Utilize ninja smoke

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Why are there different names for hurricane cyclone and typhoon anyway

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Why are there different names for hurricane cyclone and typhoon anyway

Fighter aircraft companies wanted some variety.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So, I went out to Esquimalt to go to the rec centre pool.

On the bus, there was a loud and spirited young man who was neuro-atypical in some capacity and seemingly incapable of meaningful speech, but was somewhat aware of his surroundings and was able to embark on his own and produce his own bus pass on request and get off at the stop he intended.

This happened to be my stop. Given that he seemed to be capable up to this point of taking care of himself I didn't really think anything of the fact that he was alone and not under the supervision of any specific care worker.

However, he attempted to cross the road several times by darting into traffic only to get honked at and run back, terrified and verbally stimming.

Having volunteered with such folk in the past and my mother having been a social worker who worked with them professionally, I approached the lad and offered him an arm to walk him across the street. He grabbed my sleeve and we walked across. I asked him if he was trying to get home and he nodded, and I asked him if he wanted me to go with him and he nodded. So we walked together probably a block out of my way to what seemed to be a group home for such youths, where a care worker was extremely thankful to me as apparently the lad had gone AWOL earlier in the day and they were really terrified they'd lost track of him. I stuck around to help them fill out an incident report and then went off to the pool.

At the pool, I'm getting changed and while doing so, this fey-lookin dude darts into the room real fast and beelines it for the secluded stalls where you can get changed privately.

Some asshole bro calls out "hey, this is the Men's!" and I realise that's probably a trans man?

Broseph bangs on the stall with the bottom of his fist like an asshole and says "hey, this is the Men's, get outta here"

And I say "yo, pretty sure he knows, dude, fuck off."

I am buck naked, and comfortable having this confrontation, because no bro wants to fight a naked man.

Guy doesn't want to look at me, but he grumbles "naw I saw her in the lobby, that's a dyke not a guy"

I start putting on my shorts because I'm ready to walk out to the front and have this guy tossed out, and I say to him "nope pretty sure that's a dude, he just don't want you staring at his tits because that's fuckin gay, bro"

There's a laugh from inside the stall. Broseph is turning red. Then some husky dude who is probably 300 pounds chimes in "Hey man, if you wanna check out some moobs though check this shit out" and he shakes his dude-boobs and we both laugh.

Broseph grumbles that we're both fags and walks out.

After he leaves, we hear the voice of the dude inside the stall ask if he's gone. We say yes. He comes out and thanks us for having his back. We assure him it was no problem, with the big guy noting that assholes like that made his high school a living hell so fuck that guy.

Then I finally get into the pool, enjoy some swimming, decide to finish off with relaxing in the sauna, and some young woman starts talking to me about my tattoo and segues into a larger conversation about Buddhism (it's a Buddhist symbol) and starts flirting with me and when I try to "my wife" the convo to politely redirect she deftly segues into polyamory and welp it's been 15 minutes I should get out of the sauna and get going seeya.

Then I am leaving the rec center and there's a god damn ribfest going on next door Lord give me strength I am dieting...

What a fucking day.

Pony on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You have very busy days.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Anyone worked at a print shop/has experience getting stuff printed?

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You have very busy days.

But for him, it was Saturday.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    I played this game last night, its VERY GOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V54_NNk7Vds

• Options
    Shit, Broar, that looks like a mix of Sword and Sworcery EP and Hyper Light Drifter?

• Options
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    Shit, Broar, that looks like a mix of Sword and Sworcery EP and Hyper Light Drifter?

Visually VERY S&S EP/Dungeon of the Endless

Gameplay its very Zelda 1

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

On the bus, there was a loud and spirited young man who was neuro-atypical in some capacity and seemingly incapable of meaningful speech, but was somewhat aware of his surroundings and was able to embark on his own and produce his own bus pass on request and get off at the stop he intended.

This happened to be my stop. Given that he seemed to be capable up to this point of taking care of himself I didn't really think anything of the fact that he was alone and not under the supervision of any specific care worker.

However, he attempted to cross the road several times by darting into traffic only to get honked at and run back, terrified and verbally stimming.

Having volunteered with such folk in the past and my mother having been a social worker who worked with them professionally, I approached the lad and offered him an arm to walk him across the street. He grabbed my sleeve and we walked across. I asked him if he was trying to get home and he nodded, and I asked him if he wanted me to go with him and he nodded. So we walked together probably a block out of my way to what seemed to be a group home for such youths, where a care worker was extremely thankful to me as apparently the lad had gone AWOL earlier in the day and they were really terrified they'd lost track of him. I stuck around to help them fill out an incident report and then went off to the pool.

At the pool, I'm getting changed and while doing so, this fey-lookin dude darts into the room real fast and beelines it for the secluded stalls where you can get changed privately.

Some asshole bro calls out "hey, this is the Men's!" and I realise that's probably a trans man?

Broseph bangs on the stall with the bottom of his fist like an asshole and says "hey, this is the Men's, get outta here"

I am buck naked, and comfortable having this confrontation, because no bro wants to fight a naked man.

Guy doesn't want to look at me, but he grumbles "naw I saw her in the lobby, that's a dyke not a guy"

I start putting on my shorts because I'm ready to walk out to the front and have this guy tossed out, and I say to him "nope pretty sure that's a dude, he just don't want you staring at his tits because that's fuckin gay, bro"

There's a laugh from inside the stall. Broseph is turning red. Then some husky dude who is probably 300 pounds chimes in "Hey man, if you wanna check out some moobs though check this shit out" and he shakes his dude-boobs and we both laugh.

After he leaves, we hear the voice of the dude inside the stall ask if he's gone. We say yes. He comes out and thanks us for having his back. We assure him it was no problem, with the big guy noting that assholes like that made his high school a living hell so fuck that guy.

Then I finally get into the pool, enjoy some swimming, decide to finish off with relaxing in the sauna, and some young woman starts talking to me about my tattoo and segues into a larger conversation about Buddhism (it's a Buddhist symbol) and starts flirting with me and when I try to "my wife" the convo to politely redirect she deftly segues into polyamory and welp it's been 15 minutes I should get out of the sauna and get going seeya.

Then I am leaving the rec center and there's a god damn ribfest going on next door Lord give me strength I am dieting...

What a fucking day.

no truer thing has ever been said

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Visually VERY S&S EP/Dungeon of the Endless

Gameplay its very Zelda 1

Man, it was on my wishlist already, but now It's.... uh, even more... on it.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Twitter is currently getting very worked up about EU flags being waved during "Rule Britannia" at the Proms.

• Options
    shirt off, game on

but when I pull my boxers down and start ululating and windmilling they all back down

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?
    Abdhyius wrote: »

What a fucking day.

I dunno, Eastern Promises looked fun.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    Anyone ever had an abscess in their mouth? I got a dentist appointment Monday and I gotta go get some antibiotics now.

I did once, I ignored it and after just a few months and a fever I was better
    Organichu wrote: »
    Anyone ever had an abscess in their mouth? I got a dentist appointment Monday and I gotta go get some antibiotics now.

Mine was super infected. I woke up one day with my mouth/thrust so swollen that each breath was just a high, piteous wheeze as a tiny bit of air made it through. I had some antibiotics already and I crushed them up and poured them down (I couldn't really swallow). It was scary as fk.

Devil on one shoulder... near dead angel on the other.............

Hmmmm. Yeah, my body might be able to fight it off. But I am supposed to go on vacation Wednesday.

• Options
    I once was staying over at a girl's place and there was a lot of commotion and she handed me her bathrobe to wear

the commotion was roommates arriving with guests and not actually as hostile as it sounded through her door but the image of what could have been stuck with me

and as the years pass I have come to regret that maybe more than that relationship not going anywhere

because if I ever should actually need to beat someone up, it would be far too perfect if I did so naked aside from a far too small pink bathrobe

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    I'm so hesitant to take antibiotics. I dunno if I ever have.

My precious gut bacteria!!!!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    tooth abscesses can kill you though

i thought it was like, that and pneumonia you don't fuck around with, even in 2017, even with american healthcare in the shape its in

sig.gif
  • Options
    tooth abscesses can kill you though

i thought it was like, that and pneumonia you don't fuck around with, even in 2017, even with american healthcare in the shape its in

I think mine is the gum. I poke it and pus comes out. But just a little bit, not much. I'm doing some salt water swishes.

I wonder if in the end they'll say I got a piece of popcorn shell stuck down there.

• Options
    Gim wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

What a fucking day.

I dunno, Eastern Promises looked fun.

That fight scene is so good

• Options
    I will be honest I was not prepared for the young woman to pull the polyamory double-down

That's a move I've rarely encountered, and usually it's a near opener with someone who already knows I'm married because they've spotted a ring or they know my wife already (who is significantly more attractive than me anyway)

I don't wear my ring when swimming for fear of losing it, so dropping a "my wife" into the convo was the polite way to deromanticize or so I thought

It's why I quickly excused myself, I didn't want to deal with her continued earnest advances. "Safety flirting" is one thing but yeesh.

Also she was maybe 22 and that is a whole other level of ew.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm so hesitant to take antibiotics. I dunno if I ever have.

My precious gut bacteria!!!!
    I can give you some of my poop if you need it.

• Options
    Dang!

1V3c.png

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    i am like 70% sure i will not need antibiotics for this cold or infection that i have

i sure wish i could do a 15 minute video consult with the iphone doctor app doctors without spending $50

edit: honestly i suppose i just wish i owned a thermometer

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I will be honest I was not prepared for the young woman to pull the polyamory double-down

That's a move I've rarely encountered, and usually it's a near opener with someone who already knows I'm married because they've spotted a ring or they know my wife already (who is significantly more attractive than me anyway)

I don't wear my ring when swimming for fear of losing it, so dropping a "my wife" into the convo was the polite way to deromanticize or so I thought

It's why I quickly excused myself, I didn't want to deal with her continued earnest advances. "Safety flirting" is one thing but yeesh.

The inherent risk of being indirect.

• Options
    edited September 2017

She had a plan for you man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8ZEVT3TdM

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Netflix Death Note review: anime as fuck A++

I need to give @Element Brian just a little more shit for making us watch the ferries wheel scene from that with zero context. But also yes it was anime as fuck.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Netflix Death Note review: anime as fuck A++

I need to give "Element Brian" just a little more shit for making us watch the ferries wheel scene from that with zero context. But also yes it was anime as fuck.

are you asserting context would have helped

sig.gif
  • Options
    i am like 70% sure i will not need antibiotics for this cold or infection that i have

i sure wish i could do a 15 minute video consult with the iphone doctor app doctors without spending $50

Prime now one!

I've never needed antibiotics for a regular cold or respitory infection. Your body is usually pretty good at cleaning it out unless your immune system is compromised.

I'm starting to think I'm on the mend and won't have to pay hundreds to a dentist. It's small and I think I was just worried yesterday. It's not hot and hasn't grown.

I'll take these antibiotics like a good boy.

• Options

Prime now one!

I've never needed antibiotics for a regular cold or respitory infection. Your body is usually pretty good at cleaning it out unless your immune system is compromised.

I'm starting to think I'm on the mend and won't have to pay hundreds to a dentist. It's small and I think I was just worried yesterday. It's not hot and hasn't grown.

I'll take these antibiotics like a good boy.

this big city privilege

there's no prime now here boyo

sig.gif
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I think a lady smiled in my direction. That's the same as a heavy polyamorous advance, right?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    At this German/Polish restaurant I just heard a customer refer to another (not present) friend of theirs as "potato-crazed" for getting potato pancakes with a side of potato dumplings and potato pierogies as an appetizer

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    It troubles me that I am apparently very attractive to two demographics

One of them I'm fine with, which is bears. That's fine. I'm a burly queer dude with a beard. I get it. This is fine. Bear dudes also tend to be harmless and don't mean nothing by it besides woofing at you, it's a compliment and nothing more really.

The other is very young women, in the 18-24 range, and I find this very upsetting. I am 34 years old and balding and greying and have a beard and I have a sort of vaguely muscular burly dad bod with a gut. I don't have money and nor do I have anything about my clothing, demeanor, or interests that imply that I do.

I can only conclude that such young women have some weird Elektra Complex shit going on and ew go away.

Young lady go to your room.

This discussion has been closed.