As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Innocuous poll [chat]

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    Pusheen lower back tattoo

Makes you feel ways about tacos you never felt before

You never felt that way about a taco before?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    Wow, Persona got pretty fucked up...

@Sir Landshark any chance you want to bum around destiny later? Also we should merge our clans since that is active. Members Only Jackets is halfway to level 2!

@elki @Element Brian pvp later?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/?chart=&yr=2017&season=Summer&view=releasedate compared with 2016 does seem to suggest an across the board drop-off.

Quick difference:
    The Top 4 had about 200m less gross combined in 2016 vs 2017.
    6-10 is slightly in favor of 2017, but with a far smaller margin, about +50m total
    After that 2017 drops off a precipe. Every number I checked between 15 and 50 is really bad for 2017. (For instance the 50th film is 6.x in 2016, and 2.x in 2017)

People saw the most popular movies less, but far more important, noone showed up for the smaller showings. It looks like if a film flops, it flops way harder.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    hmm, continue studying are play destiny 2 for the very first time...

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?
    3+ divorces (like in the 7 range) is the number I usually hear from AA old timers with 30+ years of sobriety

AA has some dumb stuff but spending your first year of sobriety not chasing relationships is a really good idea. You will meet the person who doesn't get it and gets into a cycle of sobriety, relationship, ending of relationship, fucking up sobriety. Sometimes the last step happens after relationship. Or you just manage to be functioning enough to get to a wedding but not so functioning to keep from fucking up marriage. You meet those people too in AA.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Echo, our new dad. He's OK, but we're not allowed to open the attic door any more and strange, unearthly lights seem to shine from deep within his eyes.
    Hmm

Got a whole bunch of old stuff from my parents' now that I've moved into a house

There's nothing to do with like, old PC games and strategy guides, is there? I've got Wing Commander IV, Half-Life 2, Starcraft 2 and Ultima Online gameboxes with manuals and discs sitting next to me, along with manuals and Prima guides for a ton of old games. I think the CDs are in a binder at my parents' place for the manual-but-no-game box.

There's no collector's market or anything for this stuff is there? Recycle it?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    SanderJK wrote: »
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/?chart=&yr=2017&season=Summer&view=releasedate compared with 2016 does seem to suggest an across the board drop-off.

Quick difference:
    6-10 is slightly in favor of 2017, but with a far smaller margin, about +50m total
    After that 2017 drops off a precipe. Every number I checked between 15 and 50 is really bad for 2017. (For instance the 50th film is 6.x in 2016, and 2.x in 2017)

People saw the most popular movies less, but far more important, noone showed up for the smaller showings. It looks like if a film flops, it flops way harder.

Move Beauty and the Beast into summer and it's not different right

That's the key here. Finding Dory was summer, bnb was spring.

• Options
    Hmm

Got a whole bunch of old stuff from my parents' now that I've moved into a house

There's nothing to do with like, old PC games and strategy guides, is there? I've got Wing Commander IV, Starcraft 2 and Ultima Online gameboxes with manuals and discs sitting next to me, along with manuals for a ton of old games. I think the CDs are in a binder at my parents' place for the manual-but-no-game box.

There's no collector's market or anything for this stuff is there? Recycle it?

You could see if a used game store wants to buy it. At least donate it to goodwill to resell.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The bigger indie game stores are usually happy to buy guides and older games. There are definitely collectors for most of that stuff.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    https://imgur.com/BKV5SxH

*sneak*

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Quick difference:

Move Beauty and the Beast into summer and it's not different right

That's the key here. Finding Dory was summer, bnb was spring.

The sum of Top 100 2017 Summer is 3.67B, 2016 Summer is 4.45B, a nearly 800 million gap
    The sum of Top 100 2017 Spring is 1.877B , 2016 Spring 1.79B, a modest 80million positive for 2017

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure movie industry blames millenials. Just like every other sector.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So I texted my wife about the ribfest and she was like "oh shit" and wrapped up her surgery day and took the bus out to Esquimalt and we had ribs, it was great.

Pony on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Tube, always watching
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    3+ divorces (like in the 7 range) is the number I usually hear from AA old timers with 30+ years of sobriety

AA has some dumb stuff but spending your first year of sobriety not chasing relationships is a really good idea. You will meet the person who doesn't get it and gets into a cycle of sobriety, relationship, ending of relationship, fucking up sobriety. Sometimes the last step happens after relationship. Or you just manage to be functioning enough to get to a wedding but not so functioning to keep from fucking up marriage. You meet those people too in AA.

Yeah I know all those types in the rooms. I absolutely am going by the one year suggestion, and am not 100% certain on dating someone who is also in the rooms.

I have some friends who ignored it and are serial relationshipists and all I can do is think that they are playing a dangerous game not only with their sobriety but other folks sobriety.

I also witness some pretty shitty dudes who use the rooms as a place to pick up female newcomers because they're emotionally vulnerable. The girls usually end up going out and picking up or using as a result. My home group does its best to keep these assholes away from our place but it's still fucked up.

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Workweek almost over. 2 hours to beer oclock.

• Options
    Pony I was tempted to come up there for ribfest too

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?

Yeah I know all those types in the rooms. I absolutely am going by the one year suggestion.

I have some friends who ignored it and are serial relationshipists and all I can do is think that they are playing a dangerous game not only with their sobriety but other folks sobriety.

I also witness some pretty shitty dudes who use the rooms as a place to pick up female newcomers because they're emotionally vulnerable. The girls usually end up going out and picking up or using as a result. My home group does its best to keep these assholes away from our place but it's still fucked up.

Those guys are pretty awful, and they aren't exactly rare sadly. And the serial relationship thing just is asking for issues. For a lot of alcoholics booze is our coping mechanism and putting yourself in that situation is just asking for trouble.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    m
    Movie schedule is dire right now

*95% of movies are the equivalent of video game shovelware* "WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE SEEING MOVIES IN THEATER???????* :itisamystery:

wat

The movies this summer have been highly rated. Maybe not the Emoji Movie but many were worth seeing.

Spider-man: Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Logan Lucky, uhhhhhhhhhh

GotG 2, Dunkirk, uhhhhhh.

That new Alien movie wasn't worth watching.

Baby

Fucking

Driver

The Big Sick

• Options
    Moral of the story is an attractive young woman was basically offering me a threesome with my wife by implication and I was like
    uuXHeCp.jpg

Nearby a ribfest was going on and I was like
    T0mZAph.jpg
    And texted my wife about it ASAP and we had a wonderful time

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Trying to summarize all the types of options you can get in a turn-based RPG conflict resolution system (and not just combat) is exhausting.

More bullet points than a shooting gallery.

• Options
    Pony hunted by unicorn and turned it down.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

just not into that

not a judgment on people who are

i think polyamory just isn't for some people

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Trying to summarize all the types of options you can get in a turn-based RPG conflict resolution system (and not just combat) is exhausting.

Punch or seduce....

How many more are there?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

unicorn?

• Options

unicorn?

Usually it is a couple seeking the younger woman as a third, known as unicorn hunting.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Punch or seduce....

How many more are there?

Scissors.

Punch, Seduce, Scissors

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

unicorn?

A term for a young bisexual female willing to be the secondary partner to a male-female couple, typically exclusive to that couple and only sleeping with both parts of the dominant couple at once.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

unicorn?

Usually it is a couple seeking the younger woman as a third, known as unicorn hunting.

Hrm.

IDK if "unicorn" is the best mythical beast to describe a young woman a couple is looking to involve into a threesome.

But then again, it's not like there is a mythical beast that is essentially an attractive, sexually voracious woman, right?

haha, who would even come up with something like that? Not the Greeks, for sure.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Echo, our new dad. He's OK, but we're not allowed to open the attic door any more and strange, unearthly lights seem to shine from deep within his eyes.
    Good grief got ambushed by my hyper religious uncle.

had to do a lot of "i respect your beliefs but it's not really something i want to talk about."

until he wanted to do a prayer ritual and take me to church with him tomorrow so I just had to put my foot down. What an annoying few hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

unicorn?

Hrm.

IDK if "unicorn" is the best mythical beast to describe a young woman a couple is looking to involve into a threesome.

But then again, it's not like there is a mythical beast that is essentially an attractive, sexually voracious woman, right?

haha, who would even come up with something like that? Not the Greeks, for sure.

https://youtu.be/vZHNHeNm8YQ

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »

just not into that

not a judgment on people who are

i think polyamory just isn't for some people

i guess i have fragile male whateverinity. i have had one experience where a girlfriend and i were having sex while her and her friend fooled around. it didn't do much for me- we didn't discuss it beforehand, i hardly knew the friend, we basically didn't even acknowledge each other. but that didn't bother me? whereas the thought of a partner with another guy, with me present or without, makes me intensely nauseated.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I wonder if there's any way I can get my obamacare medical insurance to cover an eye surgery

I used to get like, a lazy eye when I was really tired, or if I wasn't wearing my glasses (but I'm always wearing my glasses) but it wasn't that big of a deal, just kind of amusing.

Over the last 5 years or so it's gotten really bad though, and my eye's in such bad shape it's affecting my life a lot. Not just because of it being socially awkward, though it really really is.

But like, think of the eye strain of reading in a dimly lit room for like 8 hours straight until it just hurts to look at things? That's pretty much what my eyes are like as soon as I wake up most days, and it gets worse from there. It can give me intense bouts of nausea too, and since it hurts to focus on moving things it can be tough to have conversations and focus on someone's face for long, I have to look down at the ground or just close my eyes. Can't go see movies on bad days, I was going to go see IT with a friend yesterday but had to cancel. Driving at high speed is also intensely uncomfortable.

It's kinda lame.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Part of me really wants to start talking about the weirdness in my relationship history but it's all... history at this point so it's just kind of depressing.

I'm pretty happy that it's been a couple years since anyone has asked me to do something horrible though!

• Options

unicorn?

Hrm.

21st Century, dude....this is a road you don't wanna go down.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    boooooof travelling took more out of me than i thought it would, im mad tired

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki, our cool older brother who can dance and gets the girls and upon whom we swore brutal revenge many years ago.
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Jake, you didn't vote for yourself.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017

unicorn?

Hrm.

21st Century, dude....this is a road you don't wanna go down.

??? Have i said something offensive?

21stCentury on
This discussion has been closed.