Options

Innocuous poll [chat]

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Whelp, STBX-Dynawife and I have a signed divorce settlement agreement and are filing Monday. Assuming no surprises we should be officially parted in the eyes of Texas on or about November 10th.

Hopefully this will be my first and only divorce and not the first in a series of worsening missteps.

I know a guy who just finished his seventh divorce. He's our age though so you're way, way behind if you're worried about being that guy.

Seven?! Is he a movie star from the 40s?

He's a subject matter expert in poor life choices. He's also living proof that Dads can get custody and child support. In his case from multiple women.

Huh.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    Update

Still in pain

Had ramen and beers with beast

Some weird passive aggressive barely understandable Irish man at the bar asked me why I was talkin with HIM

abandoned bar

Still in pain

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    JacobKosh, our uncle who we love but think maybe he killed a guy one time, and why does he put on glasses and a false moustache when the cops come round?
    Ludious wrote: »
    We use Concur btw, Thoma. A heavily modified government version, but it's Concur. It's the whole reason we have a travel call center now. Because Concur seems to be a nightmare to use for our employees. I don't know how it compares to a corporate Concur account though. I just know there are so many hoops and red tape to get through.

I find it super easy, but I work for a company that has lenient travel rules. I log in, book my flights, car, hotel and then I'm done. I do receipts through the app, and lots of stuff is set up for me to e-mail the receipts to my account and so it's waiting for me. And expense reports aren't hard again lenient company. I imagine dealing with government rates and rules adds a ton of complication.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Longsword more like

Dongsword

G-gottem

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I finally got my moviepass today but all the ones I want to see left the theater.

Dark Tower or Hitmans Bodyguard are still there while Wind river is gone. Fuuuuuuu

Hitman's Bodyguard is worth the movie pass rates. It's not stellar but it's just above mildly entertaining range.

Yeah, that's actually what I plan to see to test the card. It'll be fun and forgettable. Perfect use of moviepass.

The action is well done if not stellar. Dark action sequences are filmed so you can understand what happened. And Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson are basically playing as badass versions of their usual character types. Their chemistry works well enough.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So It Goes, our mum. She promised the new baby won't mean she loves us less, but we know different.
    Movie schedule is dire right now

*95% of movies are the equivalent of video game shovelware* "WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE SEEING MOVIES IN THEATER???????* :itisamystery:

• Options
    Whelp, STBX-Dynawife and I have a signed divorce settlement agreement and are filing Monday. Assuming no surprises we should be officially parted in the eyes of Texas on or about November 10th.

Hopefully this will be my first and only divorce and not the first in a series of worsening missteps.

I know a guy who just finished his seventh divorce. He's our age though so you're way, way behind if you're worried about being that guy.

He's a subject matter expert in poor life choices. He's also living proof that Dads can get custody and child support. In his case from multiple women.

Huh.

He seems to be a good father but he also seems to like drug addicts who are new to sobriety.

• Options

*95% of movies are the equivalent of video game shovelware* "WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE SEEING MOVIES IN THEATER???????* :itisamystery:

Logan Lucky was fucking amazing but no one saw it.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    exclusive we

and, I mean, probably inclusive too I have faith in you

*looks at my vowels relationship altar*

Well, I probanly could have made more sacrifices...

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.

ROTTENTOMATOES IS KILLING OUR BUSINESS

Stupid Soon To Be Fired Movie Exec 2017

• Options

okay

that is the 5%

but most of the movies that come out are megacrap.

• Options
    Also two things are great about the bar I am at:

One: they legitimately have a 1 IBU beer.

Two: you can buy a half gallon of beer for just 18 bucks

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will, our absent father. We yearn for his approval, but he is busy with his new family.
    I saw Logan Lucky opening day! So good!

So fun.

• Options
    milski wrote: »

Hm, how many ibus is a hefe or somethin

• Options

Huh.

He seems to be a good father but he also seems to like drug addicts who are new to sobriety.

Ahhh now I get it.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Logan Lucky sounds like an X-Men spinoff.

• Options
    Really it almost feels like quality and sales are disconnected. There are shitty hits, great hits, shitty flops, and great flops all over the place.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    m

wat

The movies this summer have been highly rated. Maybe not the Emoji Movie but many were worth seeing.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

• Options

Hm, how many ibus is a hefe or somethin

They don't actually have a hefe but I think they're usually like 20-50?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    m

wat

The movies this summer have been highly rated. Maybe not the Emoji Movie but many were worth seeing.

Spider-man: Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Logan Lucky, uhhhhhhhhhh

• Options

okay

that is the 5%

but most of the movies that come out are megacrap.

Sturgeon's Law comes to mind. 90% of everything is crap.

• Options
    m

wat

Spider-man: Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Logan Lucky, uhhhhhhhhhh

IT

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Baby Driver and The Big Sick were so good

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Also gotg 2 and baby driver were well rated and good.

And captain underpands had an 87% somehow?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The bartender here has a pusheen tattoo. Pusheen is thinking of tacos.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    m

wat

GotG 2, Dunkirk, uhhhhhh.

That new Alien movie wasn't worth watching.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Captain Underpants is actually good tho

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Captain Underpants is actually good tho

I mean I liked the books as a kid I am just surprised it turned out well

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The bartender here has a pusheen tattoo. Pusheen is thinking of tacos.

Pusheen is wise

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    My 7 year old has a pusheen.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    m

wat

GotG 2, Dunkirk, uhhhhhh.

That new Alien movie wasn't worth watching.

Baby

Fucking

Driver

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2017

I would probably quit after two, but who knows. We'll see how much heart I have in getting officially married again.

This assumes that I am able to successfully attract another mate.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    My 7 year old has a pusheen.

Your 7 year old has good taste.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    What is Pusheen from? It's a mascot cat of sorts?

• Options
    Pusheen lower back tattoo

Makes you feel ways about tacos you never felt before

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Tube, always watching
    3+ divorces (like in the 7 range) is the number I usually hear from AA old timers with 30+ years of sobriety

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    What is Pusheen from? It's a mascot cat of sorts?

Pretty sure it's just a Hello Kitty kind of thing.

• Options

I would probably quit after two, but who knows. We'll see how much heart I have in getting officially married again.

It's gonna suck right now but it feelings do pass. A good therapist can help if you're feeling depressed. It's a loss and a pretty major identity change. I'm not saying you're gonna be gung ho about marriage or that you won't decide marriage isn't for you. But right now you're working from an emotional state that isn't permanent.

• Options

This assumes that I am able to successfully attract another mate.

This may not be what you want to hear but with that stealth edit....there are a whole class of women who will find you appealing because of the divorce assuming it doesn't make you bitter. They will find your ability to commit attractive. It's not a scarlet letter unless you become that guy who when the subject of divorce comes up, you lead them out to your car where you have used electrical tape to write out all of the horrors your ex-wife and the court system inflicted on you.

This discussion has been closed.