As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OWL returns to The OVERWATCH Thread

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Well either I'm going to be spending months trying to relearn Dva or never play her again. It's not the DM changes, those are fine. It's her fire while boosting that's f*cking me up. Old Dva I would shoot to stop myself early. New Dva just keeps going and it's jarring.

Does melee swinging still stop her? That's what I used to use to stop

Yes, though I never did that.

It's good to practice since melee hitting someone as you dash at them sends them much farther

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    True, is there a key that is empty to all characters right now that I could just bind melee to? I'm not using V because I don't like stretching/contorting my hand like that.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    depends on whether you use the acknowledge button

if you don't, F is a good option

otherwise you can give up being able to easily spray and use T

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    True, is there a key that is empty to all characters right now that I could just bind melee to? I'm not using V because I don't like stretching/contorting my hand like that.

I put melee on C (and put whatever is there by default on V) and its not nearly as bad of a stretch as V was

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    yeah switching C and V is a good option

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I put melee on C (and put whatever is there by default on V) and its not nearly as bad of a stretch as V was

If you have a button on the side of your mouse, I would recommend that.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »

Yeah its funny cause early on when overwatch came out I found myself really wishing I had a side button just so I could bind it to melee

I mean I never did but it just seems like it would feel so natural to squeeze the side of the mouse when I want my character to hit a dude in the face

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    I have no button on the side of my mouse. I'll try out F key.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Yeah its funny cause early on when overwatch came out I found myself really wishing I had a side button just so I could bind it to melee

I mean I never did but it just seems like it would feel so natural to squeeze the side of the mouse when I want my character to hit a dude in the face

I have two buttons where my thumb goes and making those melee/grenade has made sooooo many games easier for me.

• Options

I have two buttons where my thumb goes and making those melee/grenade has made sooooo many games easier for me.

Ya my two side buttons are melee and shift, I should really learn to put jump/wallride on the scroll wheel, but I'm too far drilled into spacebar as jump.
    (My spacebar has a literal dent in it thanks to Lucio)

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

I use the mouse wheel click. It's a free button and a free finger.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I did some practice, in DM mind you, as D.Va 3.0. The missiles are pretty intuitive for what they are. It's like "press E to double your damage." Attacking while charging I actually forgot to keep doing, so I dunno how useful it is practically applied. I'll try her out in QP. But the clearest thing sticking out is how long her goddamn Matrix takes to recharge compared to how long you can deploy it. I mean what attacks do you even shield now compared to before?

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Well either I'm going to be spending months trying to relearn Dva or never play her again. It's not the DM changes, those are fine. It's her fire while boosting that's f*cking me up. Old Dva I would shoot to stop myself early. New Dva just keeps going and it's jarring.

Does melee swinging still stop her? That's what I used to use to stop

Yes, though I never did that.

It's good to practice since melee hitting someone as you dash at them sends them much farther

Meleeing does not change boop distance, I've tested this in custom games, it has no effect at all. It's only affected by the the direction the enemy is moving when you hit them. If they're moving towards you, they'll get booped less, and moving away from you, they get booped more. Some heroes can be harder to boop based on what they're doing, for example D.Va herself will be booped less when she's firing, as her movement speed reduction while firing affects it.

You should still melee though, it's free damage.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I've never been super good with D.Va, but today I played like 15 rounds of junktown in a row playing D.Va half the time.
    I got 3 potgs with her in a row.

And yeah dude, I build ultimate with her like a motherfucker.

#pipe on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like the missiles they don't work the way I thought but still it it's nice to have

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I forgot about the Mercy and D.Va changes, the latter would have freaked me out the first time if I hadn't checked in here.

• Options
    I'm liking the shoots while boosting change. Now when I'm just trying to nuisance through their lines (ahem, Orisa) I can accomplish more than just doing the Bump with them.

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    I've seen Symmetra on every defensive team today and a few attacks. Teleporter is the new mass res I guess.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The hard thing about the D.Va changes is that you can't stop her boost prematurely anymore as far as I can tell.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Hitting shift again or punching both do it.

Can she fire makes while boosting? I forgot to check that out but it would be a great way to increase the dps on the missiles if it works.

• Options
    Yup. It makes boosting feel like you're doing slightly more than just chasing that stupid Genjamin.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Missile - boost - primary fire directly at an enemy

when new D.Va boosts at you now it's fucking terrifying

also here's one of yesterday's potgs
    https://youtu.be/AJa3USWu5q0

• Options
    I was basically annihilating every Rein I saw as D.Va last night. I'm still getting used to the boost cancel, but if you boost at him, fire, unload your rockets, go through them, 180, then stop by meleeing them, if they aren't dead they have their back to you and are so low health that you can finish them off long before their swings take you out. Too bad you don't see him much now, it was the only positive.

Her new set up is all a bit useless, because D.Va really fucking needs heals now. Playing aggressively without 400 armor will have you out of the mech before you can boost away, and while DM protects you going in, it's too short to be much use. They did knock down the recharge time, it's 8.75 seconds to fully recharge instead of 10 seconds, but cutting the use in half is such a huge change. She needs a large buff to her survivability immediately. You can't protect anyone else now. I think this is a huge nerf to all of the supports never mind D.Va. Tracer is going to be able to completely dominate the back line without Matrix in play.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    They have her DM recharge a boost by 12% I think. It was in the patch notes.

As a healer, D.Va has always been one of my favorite tanks to heal. She just builds ults so fast as a Zen or especially Mercy.

On the other hand, if the other team has a D.Va, she's usually one of the first I'll discord as Zen, cause she basically melts and has a nice fat hit box.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Overwatch 2.0: Kill Their Mercy Before Your Mercy Dies

• Options
    Same as it ever was

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    mercy should always be your first priority and the fact that people still don't know this is ridiculous

on the bright side it's a bit easier to do that since she won't always be off fuckin' hiding somewhere

• Options
    I learned back in wow kill all healers first and foremost

• Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I was basically annihilating every Rein I saw as D.Va last night. I'm still getting used to the boost cancel, but if you boost at him, fire, unload your rockets, go through them, 180, then stop by meleeing them, if they aren't dead they have their back to you and are so low health that you can finish them off long before their swings take you out. Too bad you don't see him much now, it was the only positive.

Her new set up is all a bit useless, because D.Va really fucking needs heals now. Playing aggressively without 400 armor will have you out of the mech before you can boost away, and while DM protects you going in, it's too short to be much use. They did knock down the recharge time, it's 8.75 seconds to fully recharge instead of 10 seconds, but cutting the use in half is such a huge change. She needs a large buff to her survivability immediately. You can't protect anyone else now. I think this is a huge nerf to all of the supports never mind D.Va. Tracer is going to be able to completely dominate the back line without Matrix in play.

Ya they need to fix her crit box asap, especially since every other tank has had theirs reduced. Like I had a Zen orb on me and a Mercy Heal beam , and you still die in 3 seconds, it's kinda dumb.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I've been having some fun in arcade playing Reaper in Junkertown.

Lots of fun places to teleport to and drop in on people. I mean, until they figure out what you're doing. Then I find other new fun places to drop in on people.

Repeat.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    dva's big crit box felt bad even when she had her extra armor

it's just that until now dm has been letting her cover it up enough where it usually didn't matter as much

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Also finished my comp placement this morning and ended up 6-3-1 with a 1558.

Seems about right.

Jumped in to comp with a buddy last night and actually had games that were fun, people were communicating and joking around the whole time which was vastly different to my QP experience where I immediately mute everyone once a single person starts talking on mic.

At one point someone asked if I could switch off of Lucio and play Mercy instead. I said, yeah I can. Everyone quickly understood what I meant by that, but instead of getting angry and yelling informed as to how new Mercy worked and that was pretty neat.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Apparently they're going to add in a "hold shift to boost" option for D.Va, so you can just hold shift down and let go to cancel boost.

Which I think will definitely feel a lot more natural to use than hitting shift again, so I'm happy about that.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    mercy should always be your first priority and the fact that people still don't know this is ridiculous

on the bright side it's a bit easier to do that since she won't always be off fuckin' hiding somewhere

I mean, yes, but...

She is bananas in 3 elims.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    D.va crit box should be on her back tbh. Always seemed weird that she would design a mech that puts her face in a spot that is unprotected , you'd think that would be super high end overwatch science glass.

But the back has all the exposed engines and such.

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    I'm fine with it on the front but it's center mass so it should be smaller to compensate.

• Options
    The crit box should just be over dva's head, not the entire cockpit.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Her crit box I feel is the only thing blizzard doesn't know how to fix as should it be smaller? how small? where?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The thing that gets me really down on this game sometimes

and this hasn't changed once since launch

is Genji

What a miserable character to play against

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Playing against a good Genji is less frustrating than playing with a bad Genji.

This discussion has been closed.