As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    <--A reaction from a fish at scene of the screenshot

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Are we talking about fish dicks? I feel so out of the loop on this one

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Nah fish sticks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    McMoogle wrote: »

Nah fish sticks.

BbQ0GarCUAAEVOG.jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Well, where's said screenshot?!

XPz7z2u.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    That rainbow doesn't seem realistic. I think the colors are off.

Cloud looks fine

Zavian on
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    That's one of those Rorschach tests. right? I see Enola Gay flying away after it has bombed Hiroshima.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    So I just got an email saying I am banned from uploading screenshots until tomorrow because one of my screenshots violated the steam rules. It was the fucking rainbow one from the backlog challenge. Some fucker took offense to the weird phallic thing I drew on it. That or they were really s pissed at the colours being wrong. :lol:

Your mad street cred only rises, Isy. <3

Warned for insulting himself and temp-banned for posting a rainbow.

We got a wild card over here.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    And here I was thinking I've not been adding much to the steam thread community lately. :heartbeat:

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

No, Mr Guillermo del Toro, we are not talking about fish dicks.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    OK. Entries for the Heat Signature giveaway.
    1. TacticalHeadache
    2. Chuck Steak
    3. Mugsley
    4. MNC Dover
    5. Zetx
    6. Fleeb
    7. Dresdenphile

I'll do the roll on the next post since at the moment I can't recall how.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Geth roll 1d7 for Heat Signature winner

Ok congrats to Dresdenphile! Actually the first to enter. Now I need to go buy that. I miss inventory games.

Heat Signature winner:
    1d7 7 [1d7=7]

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    zEWezmQ.png

@Stabbity Style couldn't resist hitting while my wallet was weak... The fiend.

Thanks for Styx! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I've been playing Destiny and now I'm back and I just don't know...

Steam: offday
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    @Firebird and I are starting a Co-op Game of DivOS 2 if anyone wants in on the ground floor.
    2 Spots still available.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    zEWezmQ.png

@Stabbity Style couldn't resist hitting while my wallet was weak... The fiend.

Thanks for Styx! <3<3<3

Styx and stones may break your bones but gifts will never hurt you.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @akajaybay for Heat Signature. I loved Gunpoint, so I'm really looking forward to it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    zEWezmQ.png

Stabbity Style" couldn't resist hitting while my wallet was weak... The fiend.

Thanks for Styx! <3<3<3

Styx and stones may break your bones but gifts will never hurt you.

I dunno I've thrown some real stinkers before.

Madican on
  • Options
    there I was idling in steam chat, minding my own business, when all of a sudden...A MONSTER STRUCK!
    jsM4cnY.png
    I'm not a stalker! Though I've actually been wanting to try being one as I've heard good things about the STALKER franchise for a long time (as well as being a fan of the classic Russian film it was based on!)
    Much thanks @Stabbity Style for Shadow of Chernobyl! <3<3<3

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Another retro game I've been keeping an eye on for a few months finally has a Steam page: Brave Earth Prologue.

It's blatantly grabbing its visuals from the NES Castlevania games. Those were probably my favorites of the 8-bit era.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5Pc6Es4mE

edit: oh right, and this is being made by the person who made I Wanna Be The Guy. It doesn't look nearly as sadistic towards the player, though.

SteevL on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I think chat may have split at some point.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Don't starve still has the delightful bit of fun before you die horribly

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/09/steam-will-sell-games-in-australian-dollars-soon/

Steam is going to add a few more local currencies to the store soon.

One of them being the Australian dollar. And if devs stick with the recommended pricing it would make games a little cheaper for Aussies.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/09/steam-will-sell-games-in-australian-dollars-soon/

One of them being the Australian dollar. And if devs stick with the recommended pricing it would make games a little cheaper for Aussies.

Recommended Pricing: All the AU$

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    And if devs stick with the recommended pricing it would make games a little cheaper for Aussies.
    Oh sweet summer child...

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    On one hand I'm definitely for this.

On the other I can't help but think some developers will still go above the local retail prices *cough*rockstar*cough*

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options

Would this possibly have the added effect of closing the "no gifting" chasm?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I know you guys are high on the Zeboyd (sic?) boys, but Cosmic Star Heroine just got a 33% price cut at GOG. That's the best price I've seen for the game, but I'm wondering if we'll see it show up in Humble Monthlies and/or other upcoming sales/price drops in the future.

$10 is my current threshold for games, so I don't mind picking it up; but considering I haven't played through RSPD 3 or 4 yet, and I'm still on Path A of Nier, this won't get any attention for a good while. What say you?

In other news, we are away for a weekend for my cousin's wedding, and I've had enough downtime to get the last two "shards" in Bastion. Based on my playtime, I *think* I'm close to finishing the game (which, thanks to WoW, will be the first game I've legit finished in over a decade). If by some miracle I finish this game, I'm going to jump back into Machinarium and finish that one off.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Maybe. But that mostly depends on what devs do with the pricing and it changes on a game to game basis.

I never had any real issue gifting Aussies but that is because Europe is pretty much the priciest region.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

Maybe. But that mostly depends on what devs do with the pricing and it changes on a game to game basis.

I never had any real issue gifting Aussies but that is because Europe is pretty much the priciest region.

No, I think the Aussies were higher when it came to new AAA releases. At least when I tried gifting some during the last she, it was nigh impossible.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

No, I think the Aussies were higher when it came to new AAA releases. At least when I tried gifting some during the last she, it was nigh impossible.

I suspect that might have more to do with how the British Pound is doing. Games are mostly a bit cheaper in the UK compared to mainland Europe these days.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Due to the ccleaner malware thing that's happened I had to wipe my drives and reinstall everything.

Meaning I need to reinstall my games.

I should have backed them up on my portable drives, but at least I remembered to get the save files.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Due to the ccleaner malware thing that's happened I had to wipe my drives and reinstall everything.

I should have backed them up on my portable drives, but at least I remembered to get the save files.

What malware ? I can't get rid of some kind of wmi virus .It is invisible to avir ..

• Options
    edited September 2017
    subi wrote: »

What malware ? I can't get rid of some kind of wmi virus .It is invisible to avir ..
    The 5.33 update for ccleaner had malware in it

If you're dealing with a really troublesome virus that your current anti virus software can't remove maybe try avira free. That's what I used on a computer once and it did the trick.

Afterwards then run Malwarebytes free to remove any malware.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    subi wrote: »

Piriform says it believes the 32-bit Windows version 5.33.6162 of CCleaner and version 1.07.3191 of CCleaner Cloud were modified illicitly before their release to users.

According to Avast, the malware attempts to transmit information like computer names, IP addresses, installed software, active running software, network adapter information and more, to a server located in the United States.

The company has already updated both the online and downloadable versions of CCleaner. It has also contacted law enforcement and says it's "worked with them on resolving the issue." The company also says that "the threat has now been resolved in the sense that the rogue server is down, other potential servers are out of the control of the attacker, and we’re moving all existing CCleaner v5.33.6162 users to the latest version."

In other words, says the company, "to the best of our knowledge, we were able to disarm the threat before it was able to do any harm."

Piriform says users should update to CCleaner version 5.34 or higher. You can download the newest version here.

• Options
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/ccleaner-malware-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-it-first-appeared/
    Now that it's known the CCleaner backdoor actively installed a payload that went largely undetected for more than a month, Williams renewed his advice that people who installed the 32-bit version of CCleaner 5.33.6162 or CCleaner Cloud 1.07.3191 reformat their hard drives. He said simply removing the stage-one infection is insufficient given the proof now available that the second stage can survive and remain stealthy.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    AVG tagged my CCleaner as bad, except I use the 64-bit version. Probably just AVG being proactive about it, but I might just move up my planned re-format.

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    I am not sure ,but Avast block from time to time some download location file .zip ,and it use scrcons.exe

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Edit: Wrong thread

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life