As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's [Movie] Time!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    someone put out a bounty, whoever defeats AJ gets a million dollars

Just strap him down Clockwork Orange style and feed the new Death Wish to him until he breaks

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I mean one of the things I really dig in kingsman 2, is just the explicitness of,
    The war on drugs doesn't a give a fuck about the people who use drugs, and never has.

Kingsman 2 spoilers? I guess? If anybody cares?
    One of my favorite things about that movie is Tilde and Eggsy's relationship.

Not only because it contravenes how the Bond movies tend to completely forget about the female leads between films, but I think it goes a long way towards making That Scene in Kingsman 1 much less disgusting, since it led to an actual romantic connection between the two of them, as opposed to it just being a really crass one-off joke with no real consequences for the characters.

The rest of the movie is kind of a mess, but I think that's a nice touch.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

do i get a million dollars if no one can beat me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Welp

I just read that thing

Hurt me more

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    Wait, is Legion not getting another season? I only saw the first episode, and a bit of the second.

It is getting a second season
    Did somebody say otherwise?

Not specifically, which is why I was checking. Past-tense reference that it "was" a fucking great show as opposed to "is." Glad I can watch it and not worry about it being cancelled too soon!

Edit: totally forgot about that Heroes ... thing. I remember reading it back when it was posted. Ugh.

Fawst on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

No but if you let me beat you I'll give you half

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I mean one of the things I really dig in kingsman 2, is just the explicitness of,
    The war on drugs doesn't a give a fuck about the people who use drugs, and never has.

Not only because it contravenes how the Bond movies tend to completely forget about the female leads between films, but I think it goes a long way towards making That Scene in Kingsman 1 much less disgusting, since it led to an actual romantic connection between the two of them, as opposed to it just being a really crass one-off joke with no real consequences for the characters.

Isn't the female "lead" from the first movie killed like 20 minutes into the second movie?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I like that the relationship exists but kind of dislike everything about it in the film, callback to "if you save the world, you can fuck me in the arse" included.

Elton John's callback to that line was amazing though.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    honovere wrote: »

Isn't the female "lead" from the first movie killed like 20 minutes into the second movie?
    Yes.

Tilde was a bit part and a joke in the first Kingsman. Roxy/Lancelot was the female lead, and they gave her jack shit to do in the first compared to Eggsy and then killed her immediately in the second.

And in the sequel Eggsy again has to save the princess to get her as a reward, as they had broken up until he saved her life again. That they fleshed out her relationship in the beginning was good, but then they went down the wrong path toward the end.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

beat yourself and you get the money

yeah you know what i mean
    punch yourself in your stupid face

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Yes.

Tilde was a bit part and a joke in the first Kingsman. Roxy/Lancelot was the female lead, and they gave her jack shit to do in the first compared to Eggsy and then killed her immediately in the second.

And in the sequel Eggsy again has to save the princess to get her as a reward, as they had broken up until he saved her life again. That they fleshed out her relationship in the beginning was good, but then they went down the wrong path toward the end.
    The fact that Roxy gets fridged after five minutes of screen time is definitely a bad thing, especially considering how they come up with an exceptionally contrived reason for Merlin's survival.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Yes.

The fact that Roxy gets fridged after five minutes of screen time is definitely a bad thing, especially considering how they come up with an exceptionally contrived reason for Merlin's survival.

At least
    Merlin's survival pays off in a great moment (Mainly due to Mark Strong's presence) when he sacrifices himself.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I am so on board for that.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

I guess it's no surprise that Doug Liman and Tom Cruise can make a great movie, but boy I was not into what I was seeing of this one

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

haven't read the book, but got a little lovecrafty/cosmic horror vibe? more action-y, but still felt it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    We're going to be just fine

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Annihilation is rad looking enough that I wish I didn't know it existed, we'll all be long dead before February

please don't do stuff like this

I know, I know, gallows humor

But a ton of people with anxiety are barely hanging on and it really really doesn't help and can trigger people

There isn't a rule against it or anything just, personal request to remember some people are on eggshells

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I really hated reading Annihilation. Then again, the only reason I read it was because it was suggested by my Book Club Nemesis, so maybe I should give it another shot with clear eyes, because that trailer looks rad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I opened that Heroes "review" and after about 15 seconds my phone's browser app decided to crash in order to save itself and me. A noble sacrifice.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I opened that Heroes "review" and after about 15 seconds my phone's browser app decided to crash in order to save itself and me. A noble sacrifice.

that's a good phone

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Which phone? This is already a bigger sell to me than anything the iPhone X has

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

*Monkey Paw curls down one finger*

It's a Nokia Lumia 635 with the Windows Phone 8.1 Operating System.

Aistan on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Even with 8.1 I'd take it over an iPhone.

You can totally get 10 on there with a simple registry hack.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Even with 8.1 I'd take it over an iPhone.

You can totally get 10 on there with a simple registry hack.

Pffft, 8.1 is mint, I'm still using it on my pc.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm still on 7 on my laptop and feeling great

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    7 is still my favorite Windows

10 is fine though

• Options
    I haven't used Windows since XP

My work computers still have XP

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    7 is best aesthetically but 10 has too many functional improvements and additions to go back.

In the mobile world there's no question--10 is great.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

No but if you let me beat you I'll give you half

not you, crystal

never you, crystal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I haven't used Windows since XP

My work computers still have XP

That is...

That is very bad.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still use Windows 3.1 for Workgroups

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    windows 10 is easily the best version of Windows I've used

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Any Information Technology department that still allows XP computers to be networked is negligent to a point that borders on malfeasance.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Any Information Technology department that still allows XP computers to be networked is negligent to a point that borders on malfeasance.

It's something I'd expect from equifax at this point

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Like, my mother has a Windows XP computer and I won't let her turn it on to retrieve files for her new one unless the router is unplugged.

• Options
    edited September 2017

Several years ago we found a windows XP machine plugged up to a network I was working on and they disconnected the entire enclave from the wider network IMMEDIATELY and there was a 3 month investigation as to whether it was gross negligence or intentional insider threat

Don't use XP

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Perhaps Vow is employed by Equifax

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

We recently found a windows XP machine plugged up to a network I was working on and they disconnected the entire enclave from the wider network IMMEDIATELY and there was a 3 month investigation as to whether it was gross negligence or intentional insider threat

Don't use XP

I like the way you say found
    Was it down in a vault somewhere or what

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Several years ago we found a windows XP machine plugged up to a network I was working on and they disconnected the entire enclave from the wider network IMMEDIATELY and there was a 3 month investigation as to whether it was gross negligence or intentional insider threat

Don't use XP

I like the way you say found
    Was it down in a vault somewhere or what

It wasn't on any of the documentation and none of the admins knew where it came from or why it was active

It was just sitting in a rack, on and connected

It turned out to be just really, really horrific negligence but IT SURE SEEMED BAD

Chincymcchilla on
This discussion has been closed.