Options

It's [Movie] Time!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I mean one of the things I really dig in kingsman 2, is just the explicitness of,
    The war on drugs doesn't a give a fuck about the people who use drugs, and never has.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Now I'm remembering how Legion and Aubrey Plaza were snubbed by the Emmys and I'm mad

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Legion was a fucking great show.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Legion was a fucking great show.

I don't watch a lot of TV, especially "prestige tv" (I usually watch that stuff when the series ends), but Plaza gave one of the best and unexpected performances I've ever seen on TV

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Teddy Roosevelt is everything great and terrible about America in one man and I hope Scorsese can show that whole spectrum

I feel like if you want to see that, you should watch the Ken Burns documentary "The Roosevelts". This is going to be an especially brief look at a complicated character.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Hardcore History has a one shot called American peril about teddy.
    Man was a grown up little boy

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    speaking of r-rated aubrey plaza, i saw Ingrid goes west recently

it was really good and funny! it humanized a bunch of the cast without being overly showy about it, characters who could've very easily spent the whole movie as caricatures. i didn't know much bout it going into the theater and was dreading a turn towards "too parody" or "too sentimental" with its treatment of instagrammer/bougie LA shit, but it threaded that needle quite well

Aubrey Plaza is incredibly, so very specifically awkward, O'Shea Jackson jr is extremely charismatic, and Elizabeth Olsen is just like, effortless, in a role that could be obnoxious in less capable hands

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I thought the politics in both of them were pretty clear?
    Blake T wrote: »
    I mean one of the things I really dig in kingsman 2, is just the explicitness of,
    The war on drugs doesn't a give a fuck about the people who use drugs, and never has.

I haven't seen the second one. The first one, I guess I'm thinking mainly of the motivational mess of the main villain. The parallel critique of the British class system wasn't so much incoherent as hamfisted, but it still felt like it undercut it's own point a bit by adhering so closely to the Bond send up.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Hardcore History has a one shot called American peril about teddy.
    Man was a grown up little boy

yeah but he didn't hate poor people

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wait, is Legion not getting another season? I only saw the first episode, and a bit of the second.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Wait, is Legion not getting another season? I only saw the first episode, and a bit of the second.

It is getting a second season
    Did somebody say otherwise?

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Second season started filming this month (or at least was supposed to) and premieres in February

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Remember how when you read Harry Knowles review and thought that there was no way he could write something worse?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30606

We were wrong.

• Options
    Why would you link that

Why did i read it

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    jesus fucking christ

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    always glad to know more about that perverse ghoul

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yeah, I had heard about it relatively soon after he published that...piece, and it has haunted me ever since

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I remember a pretty gross discussion about that very piece on these very forums

• Options
    save the cheerleader (from Harry knowes, specifically), save the world (vis a vis Harry knowles' writing)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    how did i know it was gonna be the heroes thing

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Nope. I ain't clicking an AICN link. Not no way no how.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The talkbackers on that page just evicerate Knowles

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Stop almost getting me to go to AICN!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    thanks for reminding me i'm still fucking pissed about that comparison to harry knowles

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited September 2017
    thanks for reminding me i'm still fucking pissed about that comparison to harry knowles

On the bright side, you're now related to Beyoncé

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Lowest blow ever delivered.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Keith wrote: »
    U

B

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

It's funny because he's shorter than I am

• Options

Tiny people!

• Options

Tiny people!

Got no reason

• Options
    i'm well aware of how little reason i have to be alive, tyvm

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Remember how when you read Harry Knowles review and thought that there was no way he could write something worse?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30606

We were wrong.

this is fucking mind poison

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    also back to aubrey plaza:

with ingrid goes west, legion, and the little hours, she may just be my mvp of 2017

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Christ what did I just read.

Sad thing is I know a couple folks who were SUPER psyched about "The Cheerleader".

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options

You're a POD cover of a Papa Roach song

• Options

So AJ is Bucky Barnes

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

So AJ is Bucky Barnes

fuck you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

So AJ is Bucky Barnes

is this Attack AJ week jesus christ

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    someone put out a bounty, whoever defeats AJ gets a million dollars

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    someone put out a bounty, whoever defeats AJ gets a million dollars

this is a losing proposition

This discussion has been closed.