As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's [Movie] Time!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Riz Ahmed is in talks to star in Netflix's upcoming contemporary adaptation of Hamlet.

Yes

Yes please

Oh awesome.

That'll clear my insomnia right up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Counter-argument: Neo Yokio is unfunny, vapid and awful. It's a terrible at parody and has awful animation.

It's not a parody, it's a...

Ugh, I dunno what to call it. It's the perfect representation of millenial ennui in the face of an uncaring and unchanging system, though.
    I also feel that it's one of the things where you get it almost immediately after firing up the first episode or it's a complete miss.

What they fail to with that is make it entertaining in some way.

Literally every person I have shown it to(about a dozen) has broken into uproarious laughter by the midway point of the first episode.
    So I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's probably not for you, and that's okay.
    Now take me to The Grave, Charles.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I think I'll cancel Netflix today, I've been wanting to but never do due to laziness

If Umbrella Academy gets good reviews I'll sub in for another month

Hulu is really all I need

Don't care about Stranger Things?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Counter-argument: Neo Yokio is unfunny, vapid and awful. It's a terrible at parody and has awful animation.

It's not a parody, it's a...

Ugh, I dunno what to call it. It's the perfect representation of millenial ennui in the face of an uncaring and unchanging system, though.
    I also feel that it's one of the things where you get it almost immediately after firing up the first episode or it's a complete miss.

What they fail to with that is make it entertaining in some way.

Apparently not since some people like it

It turns out comedy is subjective, who knew?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I think I'll cancel Netflix today, I've been wanting to but never do due to laziness

Not even a little

• Options

Not even a little

Alrighty, was just making sure you weren't cancelling the service right before something you might be interested in hit.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I watched Pi today, which was some fun nonsense combined with the most dated late-90s soundtrack imaginable

I just cannot handle that Prodigy type shit anymore

also I had no idea Mark Margolis cornered the market on former big-shots who got taken out of the game by strokes, between that and Breaking Bad

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I liked Dear White People a lot, that was a netflix original wasn't it?

I think that might be the only one I've watched all the way through in ages. But I'm one of the weird ones who cancels his netflix streaming sub a lot but still has the DVD sub.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    GLOW was the best thing Netflix released this year.

hmm

but "oh, hello!" came out this year...

• Options
    Neither of those are American Vandal

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Neither of those are American Vandal

Mercifully

• Options
    “American Vandal was great!,” he said, as they slammed his cell door shut

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I ain't even seen American Vandal, I just can't resist an easy opening

It's why your mother and I get along so well oh ho ho

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

I present to you a screenwriter, ladies and gentlemen.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »

Oh dude my partner's patience for my lamest jokes has plummeted since I got the NBC fellowship

I'll crack some awful pun, and she will stare me dead in the eyes and intone, very seriously, "You better not be like this when you get staffed on a show."

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Gustav wrote: »

Oh dude my partner's patience for my lamest jokes has plummeted since I got the NBC fellowship

I'll crack some awful pun, and she will stare me dead in the eyes and intone, very seriously, "You better not be like this when you get staffed on a show."

I saw that list of restaurant puns from the Good Place, she should be prepared for it to get way worse

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    whoa look at dave with the hot takes

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    whoa look at dave with the hot takes

Both shows are targeted at specific audiences and if you are not part of that specific audience you will likely bounce off them hard.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT THIS MEANS

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I do.
    No, I don't. That was a lie. I'm sorry.

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Both shows are targeted at specific audiences and if you are not part of that specific audience you will likely bounce off them hard.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

i understand what it means

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

There's a clown, he's scary, big whoop

• Options
    twitter.com/DarkPrimus/status/912765700032393216

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT THIS MEANS

I just hear the NBC chimes after every one of these

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

I'm thinking of going to see it in the theater and yelling out "was that it???" after the movie. also after every trailer. please advise

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Is it also Dark Souls, somehow?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

I'm thinking of going to see it in the theater and yelling out "was that it???" after the movie. also after every trailer. please advise

You have my sword

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

It's about man's inhumanity towards man.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Who would be the new Columbo?

Whenever this discussion comes up I say Benedict Wong and I'm always 100% correct

I know we've moved on I just have to say this each time

Dimosar on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

It's about man's inhumanity towards man.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you!

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Movie related:

http://screenrant.com/kevin-smith-donating-weinstein-residuals/
    Kevin Smith is set to donate his residuals from Weinstein-produced movies to a women’s charity.

While many in the entertainment industry have worked on multiple projects with Weinstein, perhaps no other filmmaker is more closely associated with the now disgraced producer than Kevin Smith. Smith has so far directed 13 feature films, and seven of those were produced by the Weinsteins.

While that’s a commendable thing to do, one wonders whether the seemingly impending demise of The Weinstein Company might have a negative effect on the amount of residuals that Smith earns from his Weinstein-produced films. That’s a concern Smith shares as well, which is why the outspoken director has pledged to give an additional $2,000 per month to Women in Film for the rest of his life.

This is pretty cool of him.
    After it becoming clear that affleck knew about weinsein, I was having a lot of trouble believing kevin smith didn't know. It's still possible he did know, but if he did it at least this would seems like he's very ashamed of it all.

• Options
    Kevin Smith is a lot of things, but fortunately I would say “sweetheart” is one of them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm pretty glad about that. I was definitely prepared for Kevin Smith to get all shitty about this entire thing. I still like a strong minority of his podcasts, but I could see him going either way on this business.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

This thing is like another thing for people that like yet another thing

Today's the first I've heard of any of those three and I'm super confused now

Jaden Smith being involved with an anime seems kinda perfect though

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2017
    You've never heard of This American Life??

I'm not even from the US and I know This American Life.

edit: DarkPrimus's post is still nonsensical to me though.

tynic on
  • Options
    American Vandal relies on the audience being aware of certain sorts of media in order to appreciate what it's a pastiche of.

Neo Yokio is the same in that regard, it just is a pastiche of entirely different things.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I saw my second "free" movie today via MoviePass. Kingsmen was pretty good, I guess. It wasn't great. It wasn't not great. But I enjoyed it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Movie related:

http://screenrant.com/kevin-smith-donating-weinstein-residuals/
    Kevin Smith is set to donate his residuals from Weinstein-produced movies to a women’s charity.

While many in the entertainment industry have worked on multiple projects with Weinstein, perhaps no other filmmaker is more closely associated with the now disgraced producer than Kevin Smith. Smith has so far directed 13 feature films, and seven of those were produced by the Weinsteins.

While that’s a commendable thing to do, one wonders whether the seemingly impending demise of The Weinstein Company might have a negative effect on the amount of residuals that Smith earns from his Weinstein-produced films. That’s a concern Smith shares as well, which is why the outspoken director has pledged to give an additional $2,000 per month to Women in Film for the rest of his life.

This is pretty cool of him.
    After it becoming clear that affleck knew about weinsein, I was having a lot of trouble believing kevin smith didn't know. It's still possible he did know, but if he did it at least this would seems like he's very ashamed of it all.

I read Smith's biography and I want to say he had a falling out with the Weinsteins some time back. I might be wrong about that though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.