As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does turning in the legionfall supplies actually do anything besides give rep? The tower was at 85% complete and I turned in some supplies and nothing happened.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does turning in the legionfall supplies actually do anything besides give rep? The tower was at 85% complete and I turned in some supplies and nothing happened.

The buildings are completed by server-wide contribution, they're not individual, so your turn ins only make a little itty bitty difference. It's like voting.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Also gives AP tokens.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    IT used to give completely equal to an emissary chest, but since that is no longer relevant content they didn't want people farming it. The AP it gives is crap, so basically you should only turn them in if you happened to do some world quests for whatever reason. Never aim for getting supplies on purpose.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    3clipse wrote: »

The buildings are completed by server-wide contribution, they're not individual, so your turn ins only make a little itty bitty difference. It's like voting.

I think it's collective across all servers in a region even, not server or cluster specific. It's also opaquely scaled based on how many people are turning in resources so that they will take about the same amount of time to build no matter how many or how few people are still doing broken shore content. Almost like the resource turn-ins don't actually matter...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I keep looking but I can't find anything to answer my question.

For the mount that turns the player into a dragon and allows another player to ride, do I need a certain archaeology level to have a shot at it? No dig sites are coming up in Uldum for me

Also, is the mount for the whole account or will it only be for that specific character?

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

I think it's collective across all servers in a region even, not server or cluster specific. It's also opaquely scaled based on how many people are turning in resources so that they will take about the same amount of time to build no matter how many or how few people are still doing broken shore content. Almost like the resource turn-ins don't actually matter...

Yeah, wowhead lists the same building up for the whole region.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

For the mount that turns the player into a dragon and allows another player to ride, do I need a certain archaeology level to have a shot at it? No dig sites are coming up in Uldum for me

Also, is the mount for the whole account or will it only be for that specific character?

It's actually a alchemy recipe. I can't remember if it'll drop for non-alchemists though.

Tol'vir sites are notoriously hard to get to spawn, a massive chunk of Kalimdor sites are Night Elf, so you have to do a ton.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

It's actually a alchemy recipe. I can't remember if it'll drop for non-alchemists though.

Tol'vir sites are notoriously hard to get to spawn, a massive chunk of Kalimdor sites are Night Elf, so you have to do a ton.

It does not I'm pretty sure. And it's a rare drop from a drop.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

Honestly best bet if you want it is to buy it off the AH or collect the materials (it's called "Vial of the Sands" when you look it up) and advertise in /trade for an alchemist who has it.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah the reason no digs are showing up in uldum is that dig spawns are shared throughout kalimdor and only like 5% of them or something are in uldum. You just gotta do kalimdor digs until they pop up

(or say to hell with that and just buy the mount)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    If you want Tol'vir solves go to Pandaria. You need to be Exalted with the Lorewalkers, which takes almost no time at all (you just fly around Pandaria clicking on items for 20 minutes). There is a list of coordinates to plug into a waypoint addon like TomTom listed in the comments.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/reputation/guide-to-the-lorewalkers

Once you're Exalted you can use 2 Restored Artifacts to buy an item, the Mantid kit. It contains a Mantid beacon which ensures every digsite you get in Pandaria is a Mantid one, as well as a map to reroll the currently active digsites, which will reroll to all Mantid if you use it while the Mantid beacon is in your inventory.

Why is this important? Because you can trade in the Restored Artifacts you get from doing Mantid solves for Crates of Tol'vir Fragments. Each crate costs 1 Restored Artifact, and provides an average of 7 fragments per crate. While this is a poor exchange rate - you're swapping 45-50 Mantid fragments for 6-9 Tol'vir ones - here is the kicker.

Mantid digs only spawn in Townlong Steppes and the Dread Wastes. Those two zones are quite small, and both right next to each other. So instead of flying the length of Kalimdor for every dig, most of the time you're flying no more than thirty seconds between digs. On top of this, every Mantid dig is giving you fragments to slowly progress towards your Tol'vir goals, whereas on Kalimdor any non-Tol'vir digsite is quite literally wasted time.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Given all of that, if you just want the mount, the quickest way is to just buy it from the AH.

On another thing, a very common issue in WoW is people avoiding group content alltogether for performance anxiety or some bad experiences. Preach did a video about probably the most important thing about getting good at WoW: Confidence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msVjTk6JuBs
    Is heartfelt and doesn't feel as cringey as "Never stop going Big Dick", so might as well put it there for all those people afraid of getting into groups.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    If you want Tol'vir solves go to Pandaria. You need to be Exalted with the Lorewalkers, which takes almost no time at all (you just fly around Pandaria clicking on items for 20 minutes). There is a list of coordinates to plug into a waypoint addon like TomTom listed in the comments.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/reputation/guide-to-the-lorewalkers

Once you're Exalted you can use 2 Restored Artifacts to buy an item, the Mantid kit. It contains a Mantid beacon which ensures every digsite you get in Pandaria is a Mantid one, as well as a map to reroll the currently active digsites, which will reroll to all Mantid if you use it while the Mantid beacon is in your inventory.

Why is this important? Because you can trade in the Restored Artifacts you get from doing Mantid solves for Crates of Tol'vir Fragments. Each crate costs 1 Restored Artifact, and provides an average of 7 fragments per crate. While this is a poor exchange rate - you're swapping 45-50 Mantid fragments for 6-9 Tol'vir ones - here is the kicker.

Mantid digs only spawn in Townlong Steppes and the Dread Wastes. Those two zones are quite small, and both right next to each other. So instead of flying the length of Kalimdor for every dig, most of the time you're flying no more than thirty seconds between digs. On top of this, every Mantid dig is giving you fragments to slowly progress towards your Tol'vir goals, whereas on Kalimdor any non-Tol'vir digsite is quite literally wasted time.

This is by far the best way to do it. You don't even have to do the Mantid bit if you have a surplus of Restored Artifacts from other archaeology things (it's the general byproduct of all solves). Though I vaguely recall them seriously nerfing the beacons and/or maps at some point. Maybe I'm misremembering though? I haven't touched Pandarian archaeology since Mists...

The item you want is that Tol'vir urn (forget the specific name off hand) which opens up for a tiny chance at the recipe (if you are an alchemist). Otherwise most of the time you get some mummified brains or something that you sell for gold :/ One of these days I will try to farm that on my alchemist alt but it always seemed like such a freaking hassle that I never wasted too much time on it (it would be different if my main was an alchemist :P I'm sure I've gotten plenty of those urns on that character while grinding for all the other rare artifacts back before the Mists stuff was even in :P ).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    On another thing, a very common issue in WoW is people avoiding group content alltogether for performance anxiety or some bad experiences. Preach did a video about probably the most important thing about getting good at WoW: Confidence.

<snip>

Is heartfelt and doesn't feel as cringey as "Never stop going Big Dick", so might as well put it there for all those people afraid of getting into groups.

My brother and his friend are terrified of doing mythic dungeons. We ran mythic Eye of Azshara once, and we wiped twice on the first boss, and now they're terrified to try another mythic. And I'm like, yo, wiping is normal, that's how people learn how to do things in WoW, but you know these damn coddled WoW kids all expecting to one-shot everything! Back in my day, we wiped on Onyxia, we wiped on Molten Core, then we wiped on Blackwing Lair, then we wiped on AQ40, then we wiped on Naxxramas! And then you know what we did next?! We wiped on Gruul, then we wiped on Serpentshrine, then we wiped on....

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I would buy it but I don't have near enough gold to buy it. It is currently listed at 101k gold. I have a little over 20k. I have all the professions to craft the mount or the stuff that lead up to it, it is just gonna take time since the truegold is on a cooldown. Plus I don't know where to get Deepstone Oil and WoWHead isn't saying or if it is I'm missing it.

Sands of Time are 3k a pop and I need 8 and then the Pyrium-Laced vial is 5k.

My Warlock is up to 256 Archaeology and is level 100, my only 110 has 56 is Archaeology.

I will probably just end up getting all the mats and having someone make it but until I have everything I might as well try to get the recipe myself for fun. I'm kind of not sure what to do with my time right now anyway in the game and leveling alts doesn't feel appealing since all of them are 85 to 100.

Edit: Quick question, is a 6mil damage crit good? I'm not sure what goes for high damage anymore but I felt pretty good about that Eviscerate.

Stragint on

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Classes are too different now to compare single hits. Focus on your overall DPS if you're looking to track your performance.

• Options
    Deepstone Oil is an alchemy recipe taught by trainers.

It's generally worthwhile to go for Tol'vir solves anyway as there's another mount (Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank) and pet (Crawling Claw)

• Options
    And an amazing looking sword for transmog, which is my entire reason for doing it and so of course is the last rare I actually need.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Nobody wrote: »
    Deepstone Oil is an alchemy recipe taught by trainers.

It's generally worthwhile to go for Tol'vir solves anyway as there's another mount (Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank) and pet (Crawling Claw)

Oh, I need to go learn Deepstone Oil then.

I'm definitely gonna do it if there is a Qiraji mount I can get.

Is there an active PA guild for alliance? I've been playing without talking to anyone for the last 4 days and it is getting very boring.

Edit: I decided since I was out in Pandaria that I would try to get the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion. After about 4 or 5 rare spawn kills spawning about and hour and 30 minutes I got one. I'm happy to get it but part of me wants to try and sell it since it sells for so much.

Stragint on

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »

<snip>

My brother and his friend are terrified of doing mythic dungeons. We ran mythic Eye of Azshara once, and we wiped twice on the first boss, and now they're terrified to try another mythic. And I'm like, yo, wiping is normal, that's how people learn how to do things in WoW, but you know these damn coddled WoW kids all expecting to one-shot everything! Back in my day, we wiped on Onyxia, we wiped on Molten Core, then we wiped on Blackwing Lair, then we wiped on AQ40, then we wiped on Naxxramas! And then you know what we did next?! We wiped on Gruul, then we wiped on Serpentshrine, then we wiped on....

Yeah. Even on the PuG life, what's the worst thing that can happen? You get kicked out of the dungeon/raid. So? It doesn't affects you on anything.

You never get the kill without the wipes, that's life.

On stuff, Guild finally had a full night of Heroic Progress and we killed Portal Keeper, yay! 4/11 now (Garothi, Dogs and Memenar). Tomorrow is more Normal since damn would be nice if gear actually dropped.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Someone is selling Savage Leather for 10k a piece on the AH. Do people actually buy that?

These mage tower quests suck. I'm at 903 GS and I don't feel like I can do this.

Stragint on

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I think i was 904 when i did my first one. Keep in mind some specs have it easier than others. Also you can get to 910 minimum in every slot easy on Argus so go do that first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I think i was 904 when i did my first one. Keep in mind some specs have it easier than others. Also you can get to 910 minimum in every slot easy on Argus so go do that first.

Is there a way to farm the argunite?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Blizzard fucked up Archaeology with WoD and erased a bunch of peoples' solve records, including mine. So to make up for it they just gave everyone who was affected all the archaeology achievements relating to solves and didn't do anything else to fix it, so I basically had to start all over. I burnt out pretty quick trying to do so and gave up on the profession entirely.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

just do stuff, basically. Fight rares, open chests, some world quests reward it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My thing right now is farming mounts and weapons transmogs, doing my stupid ingots on my warrior, and my stupid other thing on my engineer, and trying to grind archeology on my alchemist for the potion thing.

I still need the gem crafting and leather working mounts.

• Options

If you manually walk to all the Invasions, you basically should find 1-2 of the rare boss guys and chests along the way. So just doing a run of invasions and taking your time with stuff along the way should be worth at least 300-400 of it.

You CAN farm it, but if you are trying to find the stuff eventually your options start to dry up and you spend more time looking than getting anything. Just make sure you finish the whole quest line (which is like 1.5ish items worth of Argunite right there) and do the WQ that give it whenever you can because they are a large chunk. Prioritize at LEAST doing 3 invasions any day you can play and maybe more if you log on at different times (a full invasion recycle is 6 hours as one in each zone changes every 2). They give slightly more Argunite than other things, but also have pretty decent chances for a Legendary.

• Options
    mage tower should be up for tonight, hopefully get that one done so I can just blitz the brawlers guild.

Now that I think about it, how hard is the healer one for paladins if you don't normally heal? I seem to remember hearing that it wasn't all that bad.

• Options
    Healer ones are right around the middle in difficulty.

The problem is it is long as shit. The mechanics you need to learn are toward the end, and it can take 8 minutes to reach that point. So failure can be very punishing.

I'm going to try to do the outlaw one because those swords cannot be passed up.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    It didn't feel like I was carrying in the +16 VotW last night but the m+ leaderboard apparently disagrees.
    t9b8h7o55z49.png

• Options
    I got to the final stage of the Sub Rogue mage tower and screwed up. Why can't there be check points?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    So, the drop rate Wakening Essences is increased to 6 times the current one, because:
    • Purified Titan Essence now costs 1000, up from 175.
    • Awoken Titan Essence now costs 300, up from 50.
    Aka "no, we don't want you just having to farm ahead".

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So, there's going to be more Wakening Essences dropping after the patch, which is good because:
    • Purified Titan Essence now costs 1000, up from 175.
    • Awoken Titan Essence now costs 300, up from 50.
    Aka "no, we don't want you just having to farm ahead".

Sure they do

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    FARM HARDER

• Options
    I think I am gonna have to give up on these mage tower quests. I just can't do this. The Sub Rogue one is frustrating as fuck. The final part where I have to kill the adds or they heal the boss doesn't feel doable by me. I just can't get the slows up fast enough.

Oh well, it is just a weapon skin.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    if you can get up to like 940 ilvl from pugging normal antorus the challenges become a lot easier
    at 900 ilvl they're merely technically beatable, eventually, after dozens of attempts if you play perfectly and can do over a million DPS and etc.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I will give that a try this weekend. See if I can get some normal raids down. I don't think I've stepped into a single raid in all of Legion in the first place, not even LFR.

Which mods let me condense my action bars? I feel so cluttered.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    ugh why doesn't wiping on a mage tower challenge reset your goddamn cooldowns like wiping on a raid boss does

e: oh it resets them when you ENTER the scenario, that's unintuitive

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    FARM HARDER

Actually farm about the same as you did before. With the patch they are going to bump the drop rates up so the rate you gain them would remain pretty steady. They are just doing it as a small disincentive to trying to mega farm them at the moment. Although depending when the patch comes out people likely will have enough to get something righ taway.

This discussion has been closed.