As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[South Park]? They still make that?

• Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Wow. Really good episode. A little too overt with the allegory but loved it.

The people who this episode was aimed for aren't going to respond to subtlety.

Pretty sure this episode is mostly them taking shots at themselves for making fun of Al Gore all those years ago in the first man-bear-pig episode.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »
    Wow. Really good episode. A little too overt with the allegory but loved it.

The people who this episode was aimed for aren't going to respond to subtlety.

Pretty sure this episode is mostly them taking shots at themselves for making fun of Al Gore all those years ago in the first man-bear-pig episode.

If you're saying that the episode was intended for Matt Stone and Trey Parker then they really wouldn't respond to subtlety

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    OMG RDR2 spoilers in the episode I can’t even

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    OMG RDR2 spoilers in the episode I can’t even

#cancelsouthpark

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Another great episode IMO though things did change a little from what they showed from last week.
    What, just plain rice?

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    This is pretty deep (Stolen from IGN)
    Satan is red. After ManBearPig he was dead. And then he went up to Heaven after finding redemption on Earth. Not bad, South Park.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/950PZlsm34k

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    For real though
    Is there a way to fast travel in RDR 2? I’m only a few hours in...

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    For real though
    Is there a way to fast travel in RDR 2? I’m only a few hours in...

Yes. Stagecouches, trains, and you can unlock a fast travel map in your camp.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Grandpa Marsh detailing the reasons Stan exists had me rolling.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Grandpa Marsh detailing the reasons Stan exists had me rolling.

I just loved that he was there to demonstrate the general “Fuck you, got mine” boomer attitude.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Loved the second part of this story. Though the ending was depressing since it hits pretty close to home.

camo_sig2.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Satan is red. After ManBearPig he was dead. And then he went up to Heaven after finding redemption on Earth. Not bad, South Park.

This took me a second.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

This took me a second.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Is this a reference to something?
    Care to fill me in?

see317 wrote: »

This took me a second.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Is this a reference to something?
    Care to fill me in?

Bolded the relevant parts.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    This week's episode was probably one of the best they've done in quite a while. PC Babies fuckin killed me.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I fucking hate the PC babies.

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    Everyone hates PC babies

It was close but it didn't quite hit the mark - a commercial for Welcome to Marwen, a movie about a guy who withdraws into a fantasy world to escape his anxiety, played after but not during this week's South Park.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Not too surprising, but after two good episodes in a row, this one felt like a dud to me.

camo_sig2.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I was watching the mabbearpig episode, and I was curious , were the makers against global warming or were they just making fun of AL gore? I thought it was pretty timely with the new global warming report, but it really felt like they were apologizing to AL gore and criticizing themselves while still making fun of AL gore.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    They definitely did both IMO.

The spirit of Al Gore was kind of weird and fell a little flat for me.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Jeff Bezos being a telepath was kinda funny.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Jeff Bezos being a telepath was kinda funny.

I do love when they reference old scifi.
    fdggris2bz7l.jpg
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Talosian

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Totally unrealistic.

They wouldn't be allowed to strike in the first place.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    The "Mall People" were pretty funny.

You mean Mallocks?

• flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Not a bad finale, a bit anticlimactic maybe, but I think they did a good job weaving the different strands together.

y59kydgzuja4.png
    It was better than the last 3 or 4 finales. And Stan is a richer now.

It was better than the last 3 or 4 finales. And Stan is a richer now.

Sure, but he's still got Tegridy.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I got a laugh out of Garrison in handcuffs.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I got a laugh out of Garrison in handcuffs.

Was that his only appearance this season?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    South Park premiered this week, and it was fine. Tegridy Farms feels worn out (or at least Randy right now is the least enjoyable version of him since the show started), the ICE stuff felt dated, and it seemed like they were hinting at making fun of Greta Thurnberg a bit but it swerved into a weird Mexican Joker thing.

What really stood out was how the kids voices didn't sound right. Cartman felt way off, and there was just a sense of being tired or that Matt & Trey didn't realize the premiere was this week.

To be fair, did anyone know it premiered this week?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I remeber seeing commercials for it on Comedy Central a while back?

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I heard something about the new season starting but didn't remember when.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    huh... I think i'm done with Southpark.

They got me with that band performance. Shame I can't tell what was being said.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    You can find the lyrics if you look up Dying Fetus and Death Decline or simply enjoy death metal as instrumental music cause it's really hard to understand.

Handkor on
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    It sometimes surprises me a bit when I remember how just how long South Park has been around.

I never really feel old until I remember that some adults I know weren't even born when the shows I remember as a kid were new.