Options

I have no idea what I just ordered from the [Bad Food Thread]

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I don't expect to have to salt or season my food at all when it gets to the table, I assume the cook/chef has seasoned it to taste the way it's supposed to taste.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I expect that when I go to placed that don't have salt and pepper on the table, sure, but can count the number of times I've gone to a place like that with one finger, and it was a prix fix four course meal for my sister's wedding rehearsal.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    I don't remember the last time I used salt at a restaurant, beyond using it to salt fries that were totally unsalted. I've def used pepper a bunch because I love black pepper on salads and stuff.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    When I eat at the Wendy's by work I have to order fries with no salt, because they just fucking cover them in salt. To the point that it causes me to get a blister in my mouth.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Overly salty is why I don't really like McDonalds french fries as much as I do places like In N Out, which people considering to be lame fries. But they are perfect for me.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    God I miss going to an actual diner.

Chicken parmesan sandwich at 3am? Endless pots of coffee? Waitresses that have been there for twenty years and learn your names, know you tip well, so they only charge you for the coffee, even though your table of seven all ordered full meals? Breaking out into "Build Me Up, Buttercup" at 2am and having the rest of the diner join in?

Fuck man, that was awesome.

I like Cracker Barrel. Mainly because I like the chicken and dumplings. And the only other place beck home that I know if that made them well burnt down two years ago.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i feel a bit too lazy to go out and buy things for dinner tonight, so I think I'm gonna fry up some frozen dumplings

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I got five guys a few days ago because I got a gift card for them

it was pretty close to closing so I think they just dumped all the leftover salt they had on that batch of fries

it was glorious

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    On Monday I lost my appetite and really did not feel like eating the rest of the day
    But in the closing hour or two of work a for voracious hunger overtook me
    I had a frozen microwave lasagna but even that has not quelled it

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    God I miss going to an actual diner.

Chicken parmesan sandwich at 3am? Endless pots of coffee? Waitresses that have been there for twenty years and learn your names, know you tip well, so they only charge you for the coffee, even though your table of seven all ordered full meals? Breaking out into "Build Me Up, Buttercup" at 2am and having the rest of the diner join in?

Fuck man, that was awesome.

I like Cracker Barrel. Mainly because I like the chicken and dumplings. And the only other place beck home that I know if that made them well burnt down two years ago.

when I was in college I went to this one diner at least three times a week

to this day, all the waitresses know my exact order

my favorite thing to do is go with friends and never explain why the staff knows me

• Options
    Cracker Barrel is cool because you can just make a combo out of 4 side items and get biscuits and gravy on the side for free.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Each U.S. state's top 3 Halloween candies in map and table form:
    https://www.candystore.com/blog/facts-trivia/halloween-candy-map-popular/

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Apparently Alaska has the best taste in Halloween candy.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    How is candy corn Michigan's #1?

I'm so ashamed of my home state.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    California's top three are M&M's, saltwater taffy, and Skittles.

Acceptable.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    How is candy corn Michigan's #1?

I'm so ashamed of my home state.

it's cheap

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Is that an insult towards the great state of Michigan?!

Because those are fighting words

...no im not from there

I went to college there though

Look I just like Michigan okay

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Where the hell are people in Nebraska getting salt water taffy?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

https://www.candystore.com/

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Any state that fails to have Reese's cups at least in its top three should be sliced out and ejected into the ocean.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

https://www.candystore.com/

I never see or hear about anyone eating saltwater taffy. Must be the people out in the panhandle just eating tons of the stuff.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    So... the map is determined by a bulk candy websites sales info and random calls to candy companies? Doesn't seem like a good representation.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The data they are using for that is collected from their own sales data, in their function as a bulk candy retailer.

They're showing you what candies they ship the most of (by weight, rather than by quantity, I will note) to various states, which does not necessarily correlate to which candy is the most popular in those states. Additionally, they claim that they're providing extra weight to the months before Halloween, while still using year round data, but they don't state what exactly that extra weight is.

So that Nebraska data point, for instance, might be due to the fact that Nebraskans don't have a great place to source their salt water taffy.

Allegedly some major candy manufacturers and distributors verified their data and all of that, but without any actual statistical proof of that, I'm not particularly inclined to believe them. I don't believe this study would survive peer review, essentially.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

...no im not from there

why, though?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    How can you not love a state that looks like a mitten? (No, the UP doesn't count, that's its own thing and/or should be considered Wisconsin)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

...no im not from there

why, though?

Cause Kalamazoo is a real city that exists in Michigan and they get some points for that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

...no im not from there

why, though?

cherries and good beer and great food

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular

...no im not from there

And I like Candy Corn, so you've offended both of us

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Welp, time to delete your account and move to another forum. It's a shame, you had a pretty good run.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I've never eaten candy corn

I've had candy corn in my mouth.

But I've never made it further than that.

Better old timey candy are those strawberry bonbon things. I think the same company does them.

• Options
    Candy corn is trash. Throw it in a fire and watch those flames turn blue/green.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Is candy corn hard or soft?

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Candle

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    candle corn is my favourite piece of work by kris straub

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

It's generally soft right after you take it out of the package, but some people just dump it in a bowl and leave it out for a few weeks. After that it's like tiny sugary wax flavored pebbles.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Both

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I just always assumed it was the consistency of unpopped popcorn

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I just always assumed it was the consistency of unpopped popcorn

Only after it's been left in the open for a couple of weeks.
    This is it's molting stage, much like a soft chewy caterpillar will molt into a crunchy cocoon before emerging as a beautiful butterfly.
    The difference is that the candy corn emerges as nightmares and diabetes.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Candy corn is inoffensive. It's just like a slightly harder, sweeter version of cake frosting.

The internet took it to meme status just like they did with bacon.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.