As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LGBTQIAU]: Bigger than bigots. Everyone in this thread is gorgeous and amazing FYI

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Ms Dapper is pretty awesome, it's true.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    So hey, I'm Ashley, I'm a gay trans woman and it seems weird but my life is slowly coming together.

I've moved to Seattle and have been living with people I honestly love to be around and who love to be around me. I have a job that pays well enough and is in the video game industry so that's sweet.

Oh I'm also dating "Bobkins Flymo" who is just the nicest, cutest, loveliest girl. She brightens my day so much and seeing her send me a text puts me on air.

Oh shit, I need to update the forum shipping chart! I never know who is dating who. I need to make a forum relationship chart. Gonna need string, thumbtacks, pictures, and some coffee

Also! Glad you two are doing well. Makes my heart happy to see good people doing well.

we need Fire Emblem: SE++ edition

do we also have to figure out what abilities we pass on so we can figure out who is the best possible couple?

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Also how much of the forum is in Seattle by this point? O.o

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    more than a few years ago, less thn there was like 7 or 8 years ago is my guess.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    So hey, I'm Ashley, I'm a gay trans woman and it seems weird but my life is slowly coming together.

I've moved to Seattle and have been living with people I honestly love to be around and who love to be around me. I have a job that pays well enough and is in the video game industry so that's sweet.

Oh I'm also dating "Bobkins Flymo" who is just the nicest, cutest, loveliest girl. She brightens my day so much and seeing her send me a text puts me on air.

Oh shit, I need to update the forum shipping chart! I never know who is dating who. I need to make a forum relationship chart. Gonna need string, thumbtacks, pictures, and some coffee

Also! Glad you two are doing well. Makes my heart happy to see good people doing well.

do we also have to figure out what abilities we pass on so we can figure out who is the best possible couple?

yeah there'd be the canon pairings and then you can match people up for optimal setups as well

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Today is somebody's birthdaaaaaaaaay.

And that somebody has been munching on a tasty batch of cookie butter fudge I sent them. 83

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Updated my email signature to have new name, Lync has "call me Erin" as the status, I changed my Lync avatar from Finn to Fionna from Adventure Time. Making all the progress I can!
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Today us somebody's birthdaaaaaaaaay.

And that somebody has been munching on a tasty batch of cookie butter fudge I sent them. 83

That fudge is dangerous. You sent me some of the stuff you made once and holy crap it was tasty

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Well slight bummer: can't change my name & gender marker at school until I do the same with the government first. Ah well... maybe time to get shit changed legally sooner than originally planned.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Well slight bummer: can't change my name & gender marker at school until I do the same with the government first. Ah well... maybe time to get shit changed legally sooner than originally planned.

Same here but with work. Sucks :(
    Best of luck on getting it done quickly and efficiently!

• Options
    Well, that was interesting...

I got a call yesterday from my old boss from when I worked at the Department of Corrections. He said he wanted to meet up and have coffee, which was weird because we hadn't talked at all since a month or two before I left that job.

We met up at a coffee place and got some Beignets and coffee, and he proceeded to ask me some questions about the whole being trans thing, which I figured was the reason he wanted to talk. They were mostly innocuous questions, but at some point he decided to tell me that he had found religion! And then he tried to inject Jesus into every following thing we talked about.

After that he told me that he couldn't support my "decision" but that he would be there to support me if it was needed. I appreciate the sentiment, but treating being trans and gay like a decision seems a bit... Dumb?

I am proud of who I am, but who thinks that someone would decide, during the unfathomably stupid rein of President Trump, that another human being would choose how to select the translesbian subclass? Does that classify as hard mode? does the real Dark Souls begin here?

Anyway, that was a weird and increasingly uncomfortable conversation, but I got to eat some Beignets, so it's not all bad. How is everyone else is day going?

• Options
    Hey, not bad, voice to text!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    That fudge is dangerous. You sent me some of the stuff you made once and holy crap it was tasty

Oh yeah! I sent you and Ceres and Darth Waiter a batch that one time, a couple years ago.

Goatmon on

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Even though you no longer work with that dude, it seems incredibly unprofessional of him to do that.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    "I don't support your decision but I'll support you!"

Nah my man, goodbye forever

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

yeah there'd be the canon pairings and then you can match people up for optimal setups as well

"Wow weird, it seems that 98% of these pairings have at least one parent pass on the 'Depression' trait!"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular

*stuffs face with fudge then hides plate*

• Options
    Amara_P wrote: »

Rookie move. Eat the plate too!

• Options
    Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular

CRAP!! *devours plate*

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular

I got a call yesterday from my old boss from when I worked at the Department of Corrections. He said he wanted to meet up and have coffee, which was weird because we hadn't talked at all since a month or two before I left that job.

We met up at a coffee place and got some Beignets and coffee, and he proceeded to ask me some questions about the whole being trans thing, which I figured was the reason he wanted to talk. They were mostly innocuous questions, but at some point he decided to tell me that he had found religion! And then he tried to inject Jesus into every following thing we talked about.

After that he told me that he couldn't support my "decision" but that he would be there to support me if it was needed. I appreciate the sentiment, but treating being trans and gay like a decision seems a bit... Dumb?

I am proud of who I am, but who thinks that someone would decide, during the unfathomably stupid rein of President Trump, that another human being would choose how to select the translesbian subclass? Does that classify as hard mode? does the real Dark Souls begin here?

Anyway, that was a weird and increasingly uncomfortable conversation, but I got to eat some Beignets, so it's not all bad. How is everyone else is day going?
    Today I finally reached the end of a return for a business that will be filing in thirty states - or at least the point where I hand it off to my boss for him to review. I don't think they actually need to file in thirty states, but that's what they want, apparently.

Also today I did not find out where I stand with the bell choir or whether anything I've said to the director sunk in, because the church is still using that cleaner that makes it hard for me to breathe and I had to leave immediately.
    I have a feeling this is going to end in the dumbest way possible, with my quitting because they don't change the cleaner.

• Options
    Cromarty wrote: »

Today I finally reached the end of a return for a business that will be filing in thirty states - or at least the point where I hand it off to my boss for him to review. I don't think they actually need to file in thirty states, but that's what they want, apparently.

Also today I did not find out where I stand with the bell choir or whether anything I've said to the director sunk in, because the church is still using that cleaner that makes it hard for me to breathe and I had to leave immediately.
    I have a feeling this is going to end in the dumbest way possible, with my quitting because they don't change the cleaner.

That blows. But you gotta take care of you. Maybe get a doctor's mask and put some essential oils in it?

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »

That blows. But you gotta take care of you. Maybe get a doctor's mask and put some essential oils in it?
    Frankly, it's not worth that effort anymore. I was ready to quit back in June and I kind of feel like it's only inertia keeping me there now.
    I specifically told the director about the cleaner the first time, which was weeks ago, and tonight I told the.. music director? I dunno what her title is exactly, but she said she would talk to somebody who I'm assuming can make the change. I'm going to check back after Sunday to be sure that she has, but my patience is already out. If I have to miss again next week I'm done.

• Options
    edited October 2017

CRAP!! *devours plate*

Atta girl! You show that plate who's boss!

Goatmon on

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Murder fudge?

sig.gif
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Murder fudge?

That's the name of my Hell's Kitchen cover band.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I’m a pretty private person, don’t normally talk about this kind of thing here, but I moved in with my girlfriend a little over a month ago and it’s the happiest I’ve ever been? like..in my whole life, probably? So that’s nice. Weird, but nice. I don’t know how to exist while happy so life is a little “what now” but that’s not the worst problem to have innit

• Options
    That's awesome, Whippy! I'm so happy for you!

It's really something else, being in love.

For me, the last 2 1/4 months have definitely been the happiest time of my life. Just having Amara in my life has opened me up in ways I didn't think I ever could anymore. She even gave me the inspiration to start writing again, for the first time in at least half a decade.

I never knew what it was like to feel whole, until she came along. It's so incredible.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    That's awesome, Whippy! I'm so happy for you!

It's really something else, being in love.

For me, the last 2 1/4 months have definitely been the happiest time of my life. Just having Amara in my life has opened me up in ways I didn't think I ever could anymore. She even gave me the inspiration to start writing again, for the first time in at least half a decade.

I never knew what it was like to feel whole, until she came along. It's so incredible.

I started opening myself up to those feelings recently and it absolutely improved my quality of life even though I didn’t get to dating yet. Got rejected a couple times but it still felt great.

Love is great. A+ emotion, will feel again.

• Options
    Love is good! I am happy that you lot are happy! Hope everything continues to go your way for a long long time.

Have a great Friday everyone!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Like, I see therapist every 2-3 weeks now and I try to have at least 1 new development done each time I see him.

I think for next session, next week, I want to have reopened social media channels and maybe try to get something going with some dating sites.

it's very difficult, but I'll succeed!

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular

That "love the sinner, hate the sin" is the hottest of bullshits, and the only Christian I've ever heard to successfully pull it off is the big JC Himself. And I'm not even sure about that, because He doesn't seem to hate the sin, so much as it makes Him very, very disappointed.

So! I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself. I'm Robonun, a more or less cishet woman, pretty disinterested in sex, not sure if that's my general inclination or my chronic depression talking. Howdy.

• Options
    PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    Nabbed tickets to Professor Marston & The Wonder Women. Which, on the one hand, is pretty great. Give me all of your R-rated queer biopics, I will feed on them for life energy. On the other hand, I'm lookin' at the available seating for all the showings and maaaaaan, ain't nobody gonna go see this fuckin' movie, huh?

brig_banner.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    "I'm disappointed in your decision but I support you" is what you say about someone's questionable haircut or getting a small annoying dog or putting ketchup on steak, nothing above that level though.

• Options
    Robonun wrote: »

That "love the sinner, hate the sin" is the hottest of bullshits, and the only Christian I've ever heard to successfully pull it off is the big JC Himself. And I'm not even sure about that, because He doesn't seem to hate the sin, so much as it makes Him very, very disappointed.

So! I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself. I'm Robonun, a more or less cishet woman, pretty disinterested in sex, not sure if that's my general inclination or my chronic depression talking. Howdy.

pDgKO.gif

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Step dad cancer update for those who've been following along
    His doctors are saying that he'll probably make it through the holidays, but not much longer. They haven't given up, they're gonna try a few more things, but from everything my mom has told me it's not looking good at all.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    We're here for you, man.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    :bro:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    His doctors are saying that he'll probably make it through the holidays, but not much longer. They haven't given up, they're gonna try a few more things, but from everything my mom has told me it's not looking good at all.

Fuck. That's hard. I hope they're wrong somehow and things improve! But regardless, if you need to vent at any time vent away. We all care about you and your happiness and are here to listen.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    I’m a pretty private person, don’t normally talk about this kind of thing here, but I moved in with my girlfriend a little over a month ago and it’s the happiest I’ve ever been? like..in my whole life, probably? So that’s nice. Weird, but nice. I don’t know how to exist while happy so life is a little “what now” but that’s not the worst problem to have innit

I'm doing the same thing with my boyfriend in a few months! I am terrified and excited!

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Try to make good memories with him while you can.

I lost both my parents a year apart because of Cancer with my father passing last September.

Cancer sucks and I hope it's scourge is eradicated forever someday.

Artoria on
  • Options
    I hope everyone is having an ok weekend! I went ice skating for the first time Friday and fell on my hip several times and feel like I'm 200 years old

This discussion has been closed.