As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    RE: Crucible, right now the meta heavily favors Pulse Rifles and Shotguns, outside of a couple pinnacle hand cannons like Luna's Howl and Ace of Spades. Crimson's difficult to make any significant headway with unless your team is already rolling, though it's okay for grinding out your PvP hand cannon kills for Ace.

And getting rolled with a pubbie team in casual Crucible is a time honored tradition; unless you're rolling with 4+ people you know and have solid communication with, public teams are always a coin flip.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Warmind wants me to be 310 light level and I am only like 270, what's the recommend path for jacking that up?

Do anything, really. Up until 500, any blue or purple will probably be an upgrade. Do public events, grind lost sectors, or run some crucible or gambit.

Also, make sure you finish all of the campaign missions in a given expansion, because that's primarily how you're gonna make up the light level difference; after that, it's down to doing however many challenges you need to catch up.

You also want to get to 50 as quickly as you can once you're in Forsaken content so you can unlock all of the endgame powerful activities and remove the level restriction on your gear.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i've been doing okay with Bygones. emphasis on 'okay'. much better than hand cannons for sure.

• Options
    i've come to the conclusion that gambit is a terrible game mode.

how does it make sense that people can invade over and over again within seconds of each other when the primeval is up? one dude wiped out our whole team multiple times within the span of like, a minute.

invasions are too powerful with the enemy being able to see you first, and of course they only invade with an advantage like a power weapon or ult. it's frustrating. it's a snowball effect because apparently the more motes you bank the more you can invade and then the more you can.. keep invading?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Your portal opens to invade the enemy team when your team has banked 25 motes and 50 motes. Your portal will also keep opening at regular intervals allowing you to invade when the enemy Primeval is up.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    is 'regular intervals' every 10 seconds?

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I think it's something like 35 or 40 seconds, and the invasion timer is 30. So yeah, it can be nearly constant if your team's bad at killing the invader. Invaders can only kill 4 people before it kicks them back to their side though. Generally the plan when you summon your primeval is to kill the envoys and focus on killing any invader. Not sure if you know already, but killing the envoys gives stacks of a damage buff, and additional stacks happen over time. By the time you deal with the invader/envoys, you'll usually have 3 stacks which is enough to burn the boss fairly quick if you've got 2 or 3 supers.

As for killing the invaders, they'll always spawn in one of the three enemy spawn areas, and typically one that doesn't have your team near it. Try to call out where they are if you see them, though that's easier to do if you're in a group with voice chat. Still, even when solo queuing with no one in voice, a quick "trees" or "beach" or whatever in text chat when you die can be very helpful.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think I might get back into this on the weekend. Once I got access to the Dreaming City and realized I'd have to grind some more to do anything in there I fell off

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've cleared everything but Riven in the raid and the idea of having to grind to do the new raid make me incredibly sleepy.

If the LL for the new content is reasonable I'll probably pick up the annual pass but if it's bonkers I might take a break for a while. I've been playing Destiny pretty consistently since launch of D1 and their doubling down on people who have the time to play for multiple hours a day is kinda leaving me in the dust.

WheatBun01 on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Tried this a couple of times before but I'm going to try again:

If there is anyone interested in taking over the SE++ clan administration duties please PM me.

I am not an active player anymore and I don't anticipate being active again any time soon.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    I picked up forsaken during the BF sale... Any chance I could get an invite back into the PS4 clan at some point?

PSN is same as forum handle.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to being the bait in Crucible while y'all get kills again.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    One of the new emotes is "ska dance"
    I guess I'm officially back in on Destiny

• Options
    Oh man
    Gambit is a lot of fun

• Options
    Elaboration: Gambit is a lot of fun but I am constantly getting rolled in it

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Gambit is a lot of fun and also I'm pretty sure I'm one of like three people in the SE++ clan who actively log in.

unless the weekly clan contribution is per character in which case I am the *only* person who logs in.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I was regularly logging in, then I got distracted by other games. I’ll probably be back to it again soon

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    wow they sure made spectral blades overpowered as fuck in crucible huh

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Did they? I know they were supposed to be adjusting it to feel better in Crucible because it was kinda not great before, but I haven't tried it out

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    The step in Cayde's Will to get 250 hand cannon kills in strikes really seems like it isn't counting all of mine

• Options
    It needs to be precision, right? Are you maybe using something with Explosive Rounds? That could cause it to not register correctly

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    It's just kills, not precision, and I'm not using explosive rounds
    Maybe 250 just takes longer to rack up than I thought, I dunno

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    250 is a lot especially if you need to land the killing blow.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    250 is a lot especially if you need to land the killing blow.

25 is a lot when precision is the key for a later pvp requirement.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I mean not to brag but most of my hand cannon kills are precision anyway

• Options
    Dunno what strikes are up for the nightfall this week, but dropping into one of them solo is probably your best bet so you don't have to fight teammates for kill credit.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I discovered the Code of the Missile + Skullfort combo and the worst thing is when your teammates kill all of the things you were about to melee into so you don't get your instant recharge.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I mean not to brag but most of my hand cannon kills are precision anyway

It’s a little difficult on controller

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Did they? I know they were supposed to be adjusting it to feel better in Crucible because it was kinda not great before, but I haven't tried it out

yes, and now it's too good. it lasts forever and you have almost no way to kill the dude

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    One of the new emotes is "ska dance"
    I guess I'm officially back in on Destiny

They were too cowardly to call it skanking

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Working my way through Forsaken, up to level 41 now.

Got glimmer capped.

What do you spend glimmer on?

• Options

Got glimmer capped.

Bounties, mostly.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Adus wrote: »

yes, and now it's too good. it lasts forever and you have almost no way to kill the dude

The lasting forever part is part of Gwisin Vest being bugged which should be fixed on Tuesday.

Edit: To clarify, Vest will still lengthen the super after Tuesday, that's its purpose, but right now there's a bug where you can gain super energy without actually killing things.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options

Got glimmer capped.

Bounties, mostly.

That and infusing weapons. Also trying to pull non-Eververse ghosts/sparrows out of collection with good perks. I probably spent close to 100k glimmer to get a 160 speed/instant summon version of the dreaming city sparrow.

• Options
    Gonna take a second here to plug the Loading Ready Run Destiny community for all you folks on PC; if you're looking for a group to get stuff done with, it's usually pretty active and I can vouch for (most) of the folks there not being hella toxic.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Randomly buying shit off the Spider that costs glimmer

But for the most part you will be pretty close to glimmer capped a lot of the time, up until the points where it just sucks up all your glimmer for a specific purpose. There's really no curve to it at all.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Spiders the best glimmer sink until you reach Dreaming City and can sink glimmer into raid banners

• Options
    Adus wrote: »

The lasting forever part is part of Gwisin Vest being bugged which should be fixed on Tuesday.

Edit: To clarify, Vest will still lengthen the super after Tuesday, that's its purpose, but right now there's a bug where you can gain super energy without actually killing things.

i feel like this still won't stop it from feeling immensely overpowered

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yo @SirEtchwarts when you have a chance can you please update the OP with whoever is currently leading the clan? I’m still getting messages and friend requests and I haven’t played in ages.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hah, you think someone is leading the clan

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    *whoever is currently the requisite figurehead mandated by the game’s systems

This discussion has been closed.