As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    the stealth dog fight in leviathan is perhaps the worst designed encounter ever

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I kinda like being one of the people up top lazering dudes and flowers, but being on the ground is just kinda boring and annoying.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »

Oh, you're gonna love Spire of Stars.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

What makes you consider it the worst ever? Do you not like sneaking missions? It's pretty easy once you learn the movement patterns

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Stealth in games not designed for stealth. Having to stealth as a group. On a time limit. That gets shorter each time. And they just have to make the screen go all super contrasted during the important part making it hard to just even see anything. It's bad.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Stealth in games not designed for stealth. Having to stealth as a group. On a time limit. That gets shorter each time. And they just have to make the screen go all super contrasted during the important part making it hard to just even see anything. It's bad.

It's not even really stealth; it's just not wandering in a dog's sight line while they're walking directly towards you. And the time limit before they go into the damage phase only gets shorter if you don't coordinate your kills, that's part of the design of the encounter.

I will say that the screen going all contrast heavy during the damage phase is maybe not entirely necessary, considering how you have to find a dog, shoot it, then get back to the safe room on a hard timer, and it's all hella disorienting enough to start.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Dogs were the absolute worst garbage factory garbage when not everyone was a high enough level, making the allowable margin of error microscopic. Extreme bugginess exacerbated this

Wasn't so bad when overleveled

So goes most raid encounters in Destiny

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I don't think it's bad at all, but it was definitely hard at first. Now that we've become familiar with the layout of the room and the dogs' patterns, it's easy to move around without being seen, and it's easy to one-phase too so you don't have to worry about the time limit getting shorter

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So wait, is the raid easier if you’re 570-600 LL? It doesn’t scale up?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So wait, is the raid easier if you’re 570-600 LL? It doesn’t scale up?

The power level of the enemies gets higher in each encounter, ending at 580 I believe.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Ah, so I might be able to get through that one soonish. So long as it’s not me in the jumping puzzle. I super hated that, after trying it a few times

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Ah, so I might be able to get through that one soonish. So long as it’s not me in the jumping puzzle. I super hated that, after trying it a few times

Which raid are you talking about? The original Leviathan, which was what was being discussed with the dogs, has enemies up to 290 PL I think

What Crippl3 mentioned going up to 580 PL would be the Last Wish raid

Having a higher Power Level than the enemies doesn't make you any more powerful against them

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Which raid are you talking about? The original Leviathan, which was what was being discussed with the dogs, has enemies up to 290 PL I think

What Crippl3 mentioned going up to 580 PL would be the Last Wish raid

Having a higher Power Level than the enemies doesn't make you any more powerful against them

Oh I was talking about leviathan, the one being discussed up to just before my post.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Gotcha, so yeah normal Leviathan maxes out at 290 PL since it's the original raid. I'm guessing the jumping puzzle you mean is the Gauntlet, jumping through the tick-tack-toe wall?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Yep! I learned I’m not good at precision to that degree.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hey hey, sometime this week my friends and I will be running Last Wish. Two of us have already cleared it and the other three we have have cleared every raid but this one, buuuuuuuut we're all pretty busy and half our group is barely at 550. So, we have room for one more with one of our regulars having a kid!

Anyone who's at least 550LL can come with us, I'll be explaining the whole thing, and we're a nice group. I'll shore up some dates later today.

EDIT: PS4, btw

WheatBun01 on
  • Options
    Which platform?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Which platform?

Oops, PS4.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I keep having disconnects when I try to go to the Farm. I've been able to do other stuff in other areas pretty well, but any time I travel back to the Farm... booted back to the lobby.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    was thinking of getting back into this

quit after Curse of Osiris

is Warmind and Forsaken worth $30?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Warmind has promise it fails to live up to, but I think Forsaken is worth it

• Options
    running around on Mars and I forgot how really good the shooting part is

• Options
    edited November 2018
    can someone explain pvp to me. like, why do i explode in like one or two shots but can loose an entire clip of Crimson and not kill someone?

if the response is any form of 'get gud' i'll fuckin end you

Adus on
  • Options
    Headshots are crazy important, most guns do half damage or less on bodyshots. Crimson is relatively low damage per bullet since it's burst unless you nail 2 or 3 to the head.
    Also, pulse rifles are really strong right now too, and so are shotguns.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    yes, but i aim at the head and get half their shields at best. Crimson was an example, i have poor results with any weapon) is there some sort of weird trick that i'm missing?

i just want Ace of Spades but it makes me do 25 precision hand cannon kills in the crucible and i'm lucky to get 1 in a match i don't want to have to get my ass kicked in 25+ rounds

Adus on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Most archetypes can be made to work, but there's usually one or two that have a good balance of competitive optimal times to kill and ease of use. I dunno what those archetypes are currently, but someone else probably can. Trying to get a good roll of one of those could help.
    Though also, it just always feels like you die faster than your enemies in any PvP thing.

• Options
    yes, but i aim at the head and get half their shields at best. Crimson was an example, i have poor results with any weapon) is there some sort of weird trick that i'm missing?

i just want Ace of Spades but it makes me do 25 precision hand cannon kills in the crucible and i'm lucky to get 1 in a match i don't want to have to get my ass kicked in 25+ rounds

What's your Resilience? That affects your overall HP, having a couple extra points can mean taking one extra bullet before dying.
    Also, the main Crucible HCs I see are Truth, which is an energy HC that shoots really fast, and I see a fair amount of Waking Vigil as well, which you can get in the Dreaming City if you've gotten that far in the campaign.

A quick tip: Hand cannons have the best in-air accuracy of all kinetic/energy weapons (I know they used to be, I think they're still better than bows? Unsure) so jumping around a corner to start a fight or off a ledge when dueling is tricky but can keep your opponents from properly drawing a bead on you while you're relatively unpunished.

• Options
    i dismantled my truth a while back. i've tried a number of hand cannons including waking vigil. duke, sunshot, midnight coup. i genuinely feel like my mind just can't grasp the aim needed or something.

• Options
    Yeah HCs are one of the harder guns to use in Crucible I think, because missing a shot can be super punishing.Crimson is actually one of my favorites, especially if you can get the catalyst because that gives it MAX range which is pretty awesome.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    i have crimson's catalyst, actually. but i mostly hate hand cannons, but they're everywhere so it gives me the impression that they're really good. either way the only reason i'm trying them is to finish the ace of spades quest. i guess if i do enough rounds i'll get it through sheer perseverance.

The Crucible in a nutshell:

cp5a1eaaoz1u.png

Adus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So I played this back when it came out on PS4 and drifted away pretty quick, but my friends and I grabbed it for free on PC and then Forsaken on sale and this holiday is weekend we went kind of ham and cleared the original story and Osiris. And man this game feels so much better to me on a mouse, it is much more my comfort zone.

What’s the optimal progression path these days? Is it still burn through all the story stuff, saving all the powerful item missions and resources you can until level cap? What’s next storyline wise for us?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    The Warmind expansion came after Osiris, that's mostly set on Mars.

As for the Crucible, I didn't play it much between Osiris and Forsaken, but, for me, something seems off the matchmaking.
    There seems to be a lot of one-sided matches these days, there's certainly more than before Forsaken.

• Options
    it seems like the PC clan is dead or is everyone just taking a break til Black Amory

• Options
    Warmind wants me to be 310 light level and I am only like 270, what's the recommend path for jacking that up?

• Options
    i have crimson's catalyst, actually. but i mostly hate hand cannons, but they're everywhere so it gives me the impression that they're really good. either way the only reason i'm trying them is to finish the ace of spades quest. i guess if i do enough rounds i'll get it through sheer perseverance.

Hand cannons are pretty good, especially Trust because it's pretty fast and very stable. The issue with hand cannons is if you miss a shot, your TTK just went up a lot, relatively. Gotta land those headshots

You may explode faster than normal if you run up against: 1. someone with Ace of Spaces with the damage buff on, 2. something with Kill Clip on, 3. Luna's Howl with its perk on

Other than that, there's no real trick, just have to learn the flow of the match and common conflict zones on the map

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Warmind wants me to be 310 light level and I am only like 270, what's the recommend path for jacking that up?

Do anything, really. Up until 500, any blue or purple will probably be an upgrade. Do public events, grind lost sectors, or run some crucible or gambit.

• Options
    Also don't be afraid to do any of the uh... what the fuck are they called now? Challenges? The stuff that gives powerful gear. The pre-level 50 ones are different than the level 50 ones. So you could do the flashpoint at 49, hit 50 and then do it again.

• Options
    Also don't be afraid to do any of the uh... what the fuck are they called now? Challenges? The stuff that gives powerful gear. The pre-level 50 ones are different than the level 50 ones. So you could do the flashpoint at 49, hit 50 and then do it again.

Oh good to know!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I don't think they're powerful engrams below 50 though, just legendary engrams. Another thing to be aware of is your collection. Items pulled from the collection are 20 power below your character's, so you can boost your power a bit with a piece of blue gear if any slots are below that.

That comes in especially handy later on when leveling alts (both the leveling to 50, and the 500-600 power grind post-50). The Sorrow MG2 smg that you pick up in the beginning of the game doesn't have a level requirement when pulled from collections, for some reason. So you can pull one on your highest power character and sent it to your alts for leveling. Horror Story (can't get anymore unfortunately) and Thunderlord are similar, but I think they cap out at level 20 requirement instead of none.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.