As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    There are 3 of those, each is sort of a sub-zone of the main zones. There's Divalian Mists' sub-zone, Spine of Keres (the Oracle Engine area you go through for the opening mission), The Strand's is Gardens of Esila, and Rheasilvia's is Harbinger's Seclude.

A small tip is that while you can't summon a sparrow in these areas, you can ride one into them (except Spine, which has jumps that you can technically get over on the sparrow, but it's somewhat annoying to do). You won't be able to use it very far into the zone because there's generally quite a bit of enemies along the way, but you can at least speed through the loading hallways between areas.

There's also an ascendant portal in each of these areas which lead to The Confluence. This area has the quest for the Shattered Throne once you get high enough for that, and portals to each of the sub-zones. I've found that it's not really as useful as this seems, since I rarely find myself in one of the no speeder areas needing to get to another one. Anywhere else is usually quicker to just landing zone>speeder to.

And yeah, you really don't use these areas much at all except for Spine for the weekly oracle offering. Gardens has a thing where you find/shoot 10 hive worms to unlock a chest that is full of garbage and doesn't even give a triumph. Harbinger's has two ahamkara skulls named Huginn and Muninn that will sell you a tier 2 charge of light (for the blind well) or a queensfoil tincture for 25/50 baryon boughs. Other than that, you really only go into them during the missions, or for a corsair down, or to get to the week's ascendant challenge (there's a rotation of 6 challenges and each week it'll be in a subzone or lost sector).

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I posted this in the steam thread but for those that didn't see it: https://www.destinythegame.com/battlenet
    Destiny 2 is free on PC through Battle.net until the 18th. Click Claim Gift there or claim it through the Battle.net launcher app, it's yours forever. It's only the base game, no expansions, but that's still a lot of content and you can get all the expansions for $40.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I got this through battlenet and did the intro yesterday!

It seems alright? Kinds like borderlands but prettier

Do the different classes get cool stuff down the line or is it mostly just guns cause my warlocks two powers were Grenade and Super and they both seemed very generic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Do the different classes get cool stuff down the line or is it mostly just guns cause my warlocks two powers were Grenade and Super and they both seemed very generic

Later on you get subclasses, which have different supers and passives. There are some pretty strong abilities in the game, but most of the time you will be shooting guns.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Inspect your subclass in your inventory menu, you can see all your alternate abilities and perks you'll unlock. At some point you'll unlock a 2nd and 3rd subclass, which each have entirely different grenade, melee, and passive abilities. If you get the Forsaken expansion, you can then unlock a 3rd set of abilities for each subclass, giving you new passives and changing your melee and/or grenades.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Complexity of class varies. One warlock class spec will be mostly just throwing grenades and shooting guns, and another will be "If you melee kill something or EAT YOUR GRENADE you get a full heal and then for ten seconds everything you kill full heals you AND restarts the 10 second timer" which creates a very different game pace.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Complexity of class varies. One warlock class spec will be mostly just throwing grenades and shooting guns, and another will be "If you melee kill something or EAT YOUR GRENADE you get a full heal and then for ten seconds everything you kill full heals you AND restarts the 10 second timer" which creates a very different game pace.

How.... how do I eat my grenade?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

If you're using a Void Warlock on the Devour tree, just hold the grenade button and don't release it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

You don't literally eat the grenade, it's just fun to call it that.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Look maybe you don't eat your grenade

I 100% do and nobody can say otherwise

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well, considering I decided to break with my tradition of always rolling a Titan in Destiny for playing on PC in favor of a Warlock, I guess I got some grenade munching in my future.

• Options
    Another thing to mention is that exotic armor can have a pretty big impact on the way a class plays. Things like Skull of Dire Ahamkara for warlocks or Orpheus Rig for hunters can pretty much give you infinite supers. Things like Hallowfire Heart or Insurmountable Skullfort let you focus more on grenade/melee abilities.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Insurmountable Skullfort is especially fun with the new Forsaken tree. Just missile mode 24/7

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Through the palm, where the mouth is

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i downloaded this when it was free then i leveled to 20 and bought the expansions because ih ave no self control is there a clan or whatever? adus#1118 is my bnet

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    What time/day is the weekly reset?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Tuesday 10AM PDT, not sure if it's affected by daylight saving time though (if not, then 9 AM PST)

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It is in fact not affected by daylight savings time, as they have it set to UTC which cares not for our weird time rituals.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    It used to be that way, but they seem to have changed it for some reason.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    i downloaded this when it was free then i leveled to 20 and bought the expansions because ih ave no self control is there a clan or whatever? adus#1118 is my bnet

I have no idea if the SE++ clan is still active or not. I passed the lead to Mercwolf before ditching for the G&T clan. If you wanna join the G&T one, PM @shryke your bnet/bungie id and send a join request on the clan page.

p.s. wanna be my refer-a-friend and earn an ugly ship/emblem/weapon ornament?

• Options

I have no idea if the SE++ clan is still active or not. I passed the lead to Mercwolf before ditching for the G&T clan. If you wanna join the G&T one, PM @shryke your bnet/bungie id and send a join request on the clan page.

p.s. wanna be my refer-a-friend and earn an ugly ship/emblem/weapon ornament?

Sure I will hit that up when I am home.

Everyone really likes Crimson, the exotic hand cannon but it feels so flimsy to me damage wise. I'm like 518 light level and it's 516 so it's not a disparity in level.

Plus I can't use both it and graviton lance.

I also have vigilance wing, sweet business, that.. den of wolves shotgun, some auto rifle I can't remember the name of?

Trying to determine which of these is most effective in the endgame since keeping them all leveled up would be a pain.

• Options
    Crimson used to be pretty good before Forsaken, but even then it's niche was mainly "do alright damage and keep you healed up". Was pretty decent in crucible, but I doubt the healing niche is all that useful anymore since the time to kill was lowered in crucible.

Honestly, graviton lance will serve you pretty well. Good range, good at clearing waves of enemies, pretty explosions, nice bass-thump shot sounds. What's not to love?

Sweet Business is fun, but always seemed to fit best with a Titan+Actium War Rig. Vigilance Wing was always kinda eh in PVE, pre-Forsaken it enjoyed a moderate length reign as THE crucible weapon (before graviton lance unseated it), but with how good a well-rolled legendary pulse rifle can be now, it's probably not worth the exotic slot. Lord of Wolves could really use some changes. Chews through ammo like nothing else.

If you eventually get a Sleeper Simulant or Whisper of the Worm, you'll hardly ever take them off.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    LORD OF WOOOOOLVES

• Options
    edited November 2018
    yeah i like lord of wolves but man i get to fire it like 5 times. if they made it a bit cheaper on the ammo i'd be pretty into it.

sadly i am apparently ineligible for the refer a friend thing :(

Adus on
  • Options
    Pro tip: don't worry about keeping any exotics leveled up, while you're leveling, because once you're at the endgame step you can pull them back out of your collection at a slight power deficit and infuse them up then or leave them a little under. You'll leave fun guns behind for a little while but not too long in the grand scheme.

• Options
    i'm not leveling, i'm 50

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    i'm not leveling, i'm 50

Light Level leveling, current cap is 600

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Also light level leveling is power level (unless they changed it to light level in Forsaken) and a lot of us just call it light level out of habit because it was called that in D1.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    LORD OF WOOOOOLVES

Is bad now. It has the tiniest magazine and its power is "uncontrollably squirt out unnecessary ammo as soon as you kill something." Bungie needs to triple the storage to make it even slightly useful.

• Options
    I'd be happy if they made the 10 burst just cost 5 ammo. The ability to do that is on a timer so I don't think it'd break the gun but it would make it a damn sight more useful.

Also THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I want it and need it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I want it and need it.

The quest to get it is super easy too, the first 2 out of 3 steps take like 10 minutes each.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I want it and need it.

The quest to get it is super easy too, the first 2 out of 3 steps take like 10 minutes each.

I think I know what I'm doing tonight!

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Can you do the whole Ives quest at once now? I thought it was gated so you could only do one part a week

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Can you do the whole Ives quest at once now? I thought it was gated so you could only do one part a week

Time for me to log in and find out since I forgot to play last week, lol

• Options
    Can confirm, you can do the whole quest at once. The last part is pretty cool.

• Options
    I just want to be able to act out this scene from Swordfish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLUFKIRr1s

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay but what if I just started playing the game.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you beat the campaign by Tuesday then you should be able to do the quest once you get to the Tower. I think that's when the quest goes away and the weapon becomes a random drop exotic, so if you want it guaranteed you need to do it by then

• Options
    So for anyone that forgot about this or never saw it back in the day, the Thunderlord quest is a big old nod to the original gameplay reveal of Destiny 1 in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIp7vZuYzoA

This discussion has been closed.