Options

[FFRK] FF13 Event tonight! Or tomorrow, if you're watching Star Wars instead

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hm. I'm like 33s on liquid flame. I think this is possible if I work this out better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    lol, Maria BSB CMD2 is earth + fire randomly? Taste it, A+ battle

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    A+ is super obnoxious if you don't have her.

I actually lost 2 medals on damage and 1 on actions for the first time in forever. Had to bring out the AoE casters but none of them have any element primary that Red Soul doesn't absorb, so I just slowly had to whittle him down with NE off their BSB commands and Meltdown for however long that lasted.

I probably should have brought Rinoa instead and gotten a Brothers off and spammed Meltdown off that.

I'm probably just going to say fuck it and YOLO the JS with physical UltraCloud and RNG it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    +++ CM - a little stupid because medal requirements involve 3 breaks, none of the four people can use Full Break, and only one of them has access to Breakdowns. Still super easy, with the caveat that I always egg people to 65 when I get them (although after all the people I got shit for in the festival, I'm starting to get a bit low for normal for eggs).

e: Now the U++ CM on the other hand....yeeeeeesh. I may start Minwu with Dr. Mog. Repeated AoE attacks and the same AoE as a counter is rough.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Did a pull on the FFVI banner, sadly just 1/11

How good is Mog BSB? Seems a little odd but potentially good on a magic team
    Since mage teams need two or possibly even three buffs to work well, role compression is very important. Mog is a buffer, debuffer, and off-healer crammed into one slot, which can be a huge help in composing teams. Especially if you don't have Raines, Rapha, or OK BSBs.

What does OK usually do for teams? I have Raines and Rapha BSB's but nothing at all for him

His BSB has been one of the two best in the game ever since its release (Party ATK/MAG+Haste and with good NE commands) and he can basically do most anything you want him to do on top of that (off healing or slinging ninja skills are most common and with his dive he is also a good Celerity or BLM user).

I most commonly use OK as 1) black mage (Meltdown r3 especially), 2) Ninja, 3) White mage

All of these usually involve a FB or breakdown of some kind as well

I can't remember the last time I used him as an actual physical DPS

I actually still use him as physical DPS in my main NE team, but that's because Ramza starts off with Shout, so OK ChainCharges until he gets meter (whereupon he just alternates C1/Full Charge instead). Occasionally he'll use Powerchain or his C1 to do a quick RW call.

On other teams I give him a utility/mitigation skill of some kind (ProShell or a break is most common), paired with Lifesiphon/Wrath just in case he can't cycle back into his BSB with just his burst commands alone.

• Options
    Well, wasn't the prettiest run, but U++ CM done, with mastery.

• Options
    A+ is super obnoxious if you don't have her.

I actually lost 2 medals on damage and 1 on actions for the first time in forever. Had to bring out the AoE casters but none of them have any element primary that Red Soul doesn't absorb, so I just slowly had to whittle him down with NE off their BSB commands and Meltdown for however long that lasted.

I probably should have brought Rinoa instead and gotten a Brothers off and spammed Meltdown off that.

I'm probably just going to say fuck it and YOLO the JS with physical UltraCloud and RNG it.

I'm contemplating just doing what I've done for these sorts of things in the past: Build meter, staying alive. Do a jump start after having built, where I have someone (probably Gabranth) 3x imperil dark, then RW cloud onto Leon who does burst into two SSB (AoE 3 hit dark attacks) with the enDark, burst, etc, with shout and chant active. I may just be able to clean slate with that.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I too have sub-30'd Shadow Dragon, thanks to this post on Reddit

TG Cid: Hailstorm/Saints Cross, OSB, Truthseeker (weapon/armor +holy)
    Cid Raines: MM/???, BSB, Scholar's Boon + Legend Dive (armor+holy)
    Entrustbot Ramza: Wrath/Entrust, Mako Might
    Tyro: Entrust/Protectga, Dr. Mog
    Cat Girl: Holy/Shellga BSB, Gathering Storm (armor +holy)
    Shadow resist accessories for everyone.
    RW: Fabula Raider
    Magicite: Enkidu(lvl80)|Shadow Dragon(65)/Unicorn(74)/Mom Bomb(80)/Wendigo(99)

Details:
    Mathcraft:

TGC: At 519 ATK, first hailstorm does damage but since TGC is faster than Raines, all damage dealt is healed. OSB does ~67000
    Raines: At 522 MAG, BSB Entry does 6500x6
    Y'sh: At 500 MND, first and second Holy do 5200 each

Total Damage before 10.5s = 67000+39000+5200+5200 > 114800, which is just enough to avoid Black Fang with a small RNG buffer.

@ 2.1s:
    TGC: Hailstorm - 2000 DMG
    Tyro: Entrust -> TGC
    Ramza: Entrust ->Raines
    Raines: Memento Mori
    Y'sh: Fabula Raider

@ 5.8s:
    TGC: OSB - 67000 DMG
    Ramza: Wraith
    Y'sh: Holy - 5200 DMG
    Raines: BSB - 39000 DMG
    Tyro: Protectga

@ 9.8s:
    Y'sh: Holy - 5200 DMG

@ 10.5s+:
    Ramza: Entrust Y'sh, Wraith, Entrust TGC, Wraith, Entrust Raines
    Y'sh: Shellga, BSB, Heal, Heal, Heal
    Raines: C1, C1, ..., C1, BSB, C1, Final BSB @ ~28s
    TGC: Refresh Hailstorm @ ~20s, otherwise spam Saint's Cross and OSB
    Tyro: Wrath, Wall, Wrath, Entrust to TGC, Wrath, Wrath, Entrust TGC
    Tyro: Protectga, Protectga, Wall, Entrust to TGC...

Was thinking of swapping Hailstorm for Death Throes for a longer buff and without the -RES status. Surprisingly, this team is able to recover easily without 15s or so of Wall as long as Frost Blast doesn't instantly KO.
    Won't even bother with the rest, except maybe for mist dragon, since I have most of the team from this video

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Wait are you using Y'shtola's BSB or her USB? I'm guessing BSB and the USB in the intro section was a typo, but I want to make sure because I don't think I've ever heard of anybody using her USB to any real effect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Okay, seriously, fuck sleep in A+

e: Kill one, the other's on the ropes, <entire party is put to sleep with the same spell and they never do any physical attacks again>

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Jragghen on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Wait are you using Y'shtola's BSB or her USB? I'm guessing BSB and the USB in the intro section was a typo, but I want to make sure because I don't think I've ever heard of anybody using her USB to any real effect.

Yeah its her BSB. I totally copied duck's post from the 1st page.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, seriously, fuck sleep in A+

e: Kill one, the other's on the ropes, <entire party is put to sleep with the same spell and they never do any physical attacks again>

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*cough* Uh yeah if you don't kill the Ogres by turn 9 they 100% sleep and swap to piercing blizzards.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    A+ went down to a team of Maria (I originally brought Fujin here, but her wind damage just wasn't cutting the mustard), Alphinaud, OK, Mog and Larsa. Thanks gem/CT draws for providing me with Maria BSB and Larsa BSB because this sort of fight would've been a whole lot more annoying otherwise.

Two MAG/whatever buffs stacking gave Alphinaud enough power to demolish the ogres with 2 uses of Valigarmanda. Maria was using Ruinga and OK was using Meteor until the ogres were out of the way, which left a mostly full health Red Soul (he absorbs all 3 elements on the summon). But then that got wrecked with 6 Meltdowns and Maria BSB. Larsa status blinked once, but it wasn't really necessary with the Enkidu magicite for the one random cast of Sleep before the Ogres kicked it.

I should note that you can absolutely do the fight with non-elemental magic damage, but it's a slog, and not worth the effort. Also don't forget to bring Full Break on someone and make sure it hits instead of misses. It's only 1 stamina to retry, but this fight isn't fun by anyone's standards.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    rest in peace daily missions

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aw damn. I was hoping those would just stay. Now I need to change my plans.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    They were temporary in JP when they were introduced so there was no chance we would get them permanently

• Options
    Do the daily missions ever come back? I mean, it's nice that we get a daily mythril as is, with a second one every 3-4 days, but I don't mind "working" for an additional mythril every day given how easy it is to earn no matter which content you're clearing.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How long are magicite half off?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Daily Missions eventually came back for good in JP, so hopefully we'll get that too.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How long are magicite half off?

Til the 28th I think

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Hey! Bra*Bra got fully translated!

Looks like we're getting Mog's dive! Hooray!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    To celebrate the new event, a ten day login bonus campaign will run. On the first, third and tenth days, we will receive one 5* Bard Mote.

• Options
    Cool. I wonder what the date will be, and which relic banner it'll have.

• Options
    Fully translated usually means pretty soon, right?

• Options
    Possibly before the next big maintainence that translates new stuff.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So the thing about the Bra Bra event...

The text that's been transled for it is for the FIRST Bra Bra event.

The gradated bard atk/mag buffs are in the THIRD Bra Bra event.

You know what Japan got from the first Bra Bra event? A free copy of the bard shellga, and it was the first chance to get Mog and Edward's MC1s. Mog's record dive wasn't until the second.

(Fake edit): Some rando on Reddit (not the thread creator) says that the second Bra*Bra text is translated too. The associated relic banner seems to be partially from the third one though, so maybe they're just combining all three.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Is Zell worth egging to 99?

I got his BSB from the 100 gem draw last night, and the crit buff seems good, but I wonder if the commands are dated at this point, and I don't have the crystals to hone lifebane.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

I got his BSB from the 100 gem draw last night, and the crit buff seems good, but I wonder if the commands are dated at this point, and I don't have the crystals to hone lifebane.

Crit buff is great, instant BSB activation is great, and his second burst command, which gives him a turn of instant cast, combines very well with Full Charge.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Javen wrote: »

Crit buff is fantastic if you have something like Ramza's Chant to boost the crit damage.

Even without it, assuming you're not regularly capping hits, the critfix buff is a solid damage increase, and I wouldn't worry about honing Lifebane with the upgrade to several 5* 2-hit abilities becoming 4-hit at the end of November. Lifebane's modifier is really high, but most of the monk skills (and monks themselves) are one of the easier skillsets to cap damage on.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Holy shit, the last II fight does not fuck around. Three loadouts and 4 S/L's before those three went down.
    Vivi: Meltdown/didn't matter. Black magic damage up RM
    Alphanaud: Velma/Chain Stonega. Attunement II
    Ysh'tola: Curada/Protectga. TGM
    Mog: Breakdance/Heathen Frolic. DMM
    Onion Knight: Meteor/Shellga. MM
    RW: Maria BSB

I first tried Rydia's shiny new BSB, since earth damage. Even with Titan or meltdown, she just didn't put out enough damage. Once the ghost thing's hp gets low enough, it starts dropping piercing magic attacks that, even through two layers of breaks, could land for 5k+. I couldn't make it through weak phase fast enough.

Once I swapped in Alphanaud, RNG kept doing horrible things to me. Either a bad AoE sleep before Unicorn was up, or three AoEs all in a row just tore through me.
    Finally got lucky and took an AoE blind that didn't do anything much to my party, instead of a big ol' firaga. Three Velmas, plus meteor and one meltdown each took out the Ogre Mages. Vivi and Alph each called in Maria's RW and capped C1 for 30k/turn, but I still needed one meltdown and one chain stonega to finish the jerk off.

If I had to do it again, I'd bring Sarah instead of Ysh, and forgo protect in favor of Allegro Con Moto. Knock everything down as fast as possible, instead of playing it safer with Asylum.

Happily, that Dark Crystal was the last one I needed to R3 Omega Drive. I've now got Velma, Omega Drive, and Curada all at R3, and, thanks to the 60 stamina Emperor dropping a Power Crystal, I need just 8 more Power Crystals before Snowspell Strike will join them at that hallowed rank.

R2 Affliction Break has been plenty, and none of the other R6's look all that great right now. Maybe after the ability buffs they'll be worth it.

Narbus on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Zell is worth egging to 99 just for +30% fist damage RM. His burst is pretty good, too.

• Options
    Generally, unless needed for a CM (and even then only to 80), I try to avoid egging people straight up, and instead level them to where it's ~5 major eggs from the next cap, then I egg. I just egged folks for the XV CM, and I've had a LOOOOOT of people I've gotten items for who I've been levelling lately.

It's served me well, but I'm starting to get low-ish (70 majors right now) and it's making me antsy.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I egg to 65 and then level until they drop their RM. Then they are abandoned until they get a relic or are needed in a CM or something when they get boosted to 80. I hate having to waste exp on these guys when I pull a relic for them. Although I have more MC IIIs than useful SBs. Will see what happens when I run out of useful people to slowly level to 99.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I egg anyone I have an important relic for that I plan on using to 99, because I wouldn't use them if they're not maxed.

I don't egg people I don't have relics for.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I spend eggs and MC3s like water.

I also rarely have issues with CMs.

Could be related.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Could be, I'm sure having good realm coverage plays a large part.

Do you egg people with no relics to 99 for CM coverage?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Random annoyance - UltraCloud's icon is the same kind color as most of the lightning or lightning/holy SBs so when I'm quick scanning the list for OSBs while grinding out these dungeons, I keep getting distracted by it.
    Narbus wrote: »
    Happily, that Dark Crystal was the last one I needed to R3 Omega Drive. I've now got Velma, Omega Drive, and Curada all at R3, and, thanks to the 60 stamina Emperor dropping a Power Crystal, I need just 8 more Power Crystals before Snowspell Strike will join them at that hallowed rank.

R2 Affliction Break has been plenty, and none of the other R6's look all that great right now. Maybe after the ability buffs they'll be worth it.
    Nice. I didn't think we even had enough White Crystals to R3 Curada but I guess that just shows how much I've missed.

Meltdown is amazing. Dervish is good. Lifebane is good but probably not really worth the Fire Crystals right now.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I mean, I could be doing this new event in any order I choose.

Or I could start from the beginning like I always do.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Random annoyance - UltraCloud's icon is the same kind color as most of the lightning or lightning/holy SBs so when I'm quick scanning the list for OSBs while grinding out these dungeons, I keep getting distracted by it.
    Narbus wrote: »

Nice. I didn't think we even had enough White Crystals to R3 Curada but I guess that just shows how much I've missed.

Meltdown is amazing. Dervish is good. Lifebane is good but probably not really worth the Fire Crystals right now.

Oh yeah Meltdown is also R3. R3 is the place to be :cool:

E: Yeah, Dervish looks good, but it needs Power Crystals. Omega Drive nearly cleared me out, Snowspell Strike will finish off my stock for a good long while. Dervish is getting back burnered.

Narbus on
  • Options
    I'm in the uncomfortable position of having a lot of characters I need to use for Torments and Magicite now down at 65 or worse and not nearly enough eggs.

At least Torments are fine at 80 but I really want DPSers in Magicites at least at 90...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.