As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF13 Event tonight! Or tomorrow, if you're watching Star Wars instead

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hahahahaha! I just got Prishe to land a Piercing Blow for 50k, using UCS RW and various other buffs. So that's a fun option for non-elemental teams.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I'm in the uncomfortable position of having a lot of characters I need to use for Torments and Magicite now down at 65 or worse and not nearly enough eggs.

At least Torments are fine at 80 but I really want DPSers in Magicites at least at 90...

You shouldn't be wanting for eggs much if you have a lot of renewal dungeons to catch up on, once those are done

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'm pretty comfortable with my 99s. 72 people with their MC3s, and only 4 of those still being levelled. Before the most recent festival, every person with their burst or higher was 99 and I was starting to break people for random RM4s/if I had 2 SSBs for them. Now, of course, with my massive burst influx I'm wishing I had some of those back, but whatever.

After running into CMs where I need specific people/folks in realms I have fewer people, I've decided my next focus is to get my remaining 65s to 80. I've got enough power to play with at 99 that I don't need those other 80s to get to 99.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hahahahaha! I just got Prishe to land a Piercing Blow for 50k, using UCS RW and various other buffs. So that's a fun option for non-elemental teams.
    Yeah, that's about the standard. It won't out damage aura SB spam in a JS but if you're UCSing in a normal then it'll be competitive. The nonchargers will blow it out of the water, though.
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm in the uncomfortable position of having a lot of characters I need to use for Torments and Magicite now down at 65 or worse and not nearly enough eggs.

At least Torments are fine at 80 but I really want DPSers in Magicites at least at 90...

You shouldn't be wanting for eggs much if you have a lot of renewal dungeons to catch up on, once those are done
    Yeah, these have been rebuilding my buffer, which is great. I was down to <20 Majors at one point.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I'm pretty comfortable with my 99s. 72 people with their MC3s, and only 4 of those still being levelled. Before the most recent festival, every person with their burst or higher was 99 and I was starting to break people for random RM4s/if I had 2 SSBs for them. Now, of course, with my massive burst influx I'm wishing I had some of those back, but whatever.

After running into CMs where I need specific people/folks in realms I have fewer people, I've decided my next focus is to get my remaining 65s to 80. I've got enough power to play with at 99 that I don't need those other 80s to get to 99.
    ...lol...I have 24 people at 99, plus another 12 in the 80-99 limbo. =/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    "Slightly weak to fire and ice."

*checks medals*

"Hit with fire."

:|

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I mean, I could be doing this new event in any order I choose.

Or I could start from the beginning like I always do.

I am happy I can now go New Character>MC I>MC II put in party to drop stupid RM.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah, that's about the standard. It won't out damage aura SB spam in a JS but if you're UCSing in a normal then it'll be competitive. The nonchargers will blow it out of the water, though.

Yeah, these have been rebuilding my buffer, which is great. I was down to <20 Majors at one point.

...lol...I have 24 people at 99, plus another 12 in the 80-99 limbo. =/

Indeed. It's nowhere near an optimal strategy, but it's one that I find to be a lot of fun. When I really need to get real, I'll break out Lightning or Raines.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'm at 550 majors and I'm starting to get gunshy after spending like 150 over the fest.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It's weird having elemental options that aren't Lightning.

Characters
  • Options
    1st attempt, 1st action: Counter Venom Mist > Venom Mist

It's going to be one of those fights I take it.

Characters
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Could be, I'm sure having good realm coverage plays a large part.

Do you egg people with no relics to 99 for CM coverage?

Hells yeah, I have. Those CMs ain't going to clear themselves.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    75% chance to Counter BLK/WHT with Venom Mist

Characters
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Oh how about that, exactly enough white crystals for Curada R3. Didn't even need to shatter ACM to get there. Nice!
    I mean, I could be doing this new event in any order I choose.

Or I could start from the beginning like I always do.

I started with Scott and his two MCs, so I can get started on his RM drop right away. Always Be Chasing RM drops!
    75% chance to Counter BLK/WHT with Venom Mist

Suggestion I saw on Reddit was to reflect your own guy and bounce Meltdown/Chain Blizzaga off him. Or go all physical, obv.

Fry on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    After the fest, I went ahead and bumped everyone, cores included, up to 65. I still have 3800 lesser eggs, 4400 normal, 770 greater, and, thanks to this event, 5 major.

I've also got 300 some odd greater eggs in the form of Hero Souls and MC I lodes, and 113 MC II lodes that could be major eggs, were I ever in a mood to hit those buttons around 400 times.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Narbus wrote: »
    After the fest, I went ahead and bumped everyone, cores included, up to 65. I still have 3800 lesser eggs, 4400 normal, 770 greater, and, thanks to this event, 5 major.

I've also got 300 some odd greater eggs in the form of Hero Souls and MC I lodes, and 113 MC II lodes that could be major eggs, were I ever in a mood to hit those buttons around 400 times.

I long ago raided that stash when I was getting desperate and am down to 15~ MC1s and 2s (or well I was, I guess I'll be getting a few more as I ransack these old events).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Red Soul is going to be an interesting fight.

Characters
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Is Zell worth egging to 99?

I got his BSB from the 100 gem draw last night, and the crit buff seems good, but I wonder if the commands are dated at this point, and I don't have the crystals to hone lifebane.
    Do not underestimate Zell. I use him in like half of my magicite teams (although to be fair I do have Ramza's Chant). Crit-fix by itself is about a 25% damage boost, which is roughly equivalent to two layers of imperil on a 150%-weak target. Crit-fix plus a crit damage boost is about 50%, which is like an extra enelement aura.

Like, to drive home how excellent Duelist+Chant is, my only damage dealers for Fenrir clears are Zell and Snow BSB. No enice, no 5* ice skill. Still sub-60 on a good run.

And I mostly alternate C2 with good old fashioned Full Charge for damage; no urgent need for specialty hones.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I will take a -1, -2 Champion of Red Soul when the team I brought was:

99 Rydia - No 4* Record Dives Unlocked - CMD1 of BSB was dealing 2.4kx4
    Y'Shtola
    Faris - Who missed soul breaks approximately 3 times, but who at least kept up triple or quad MAG breaks on Red Soul for the latter part of the fight
    99 Vivi - No Legend Dive - whose job was to OSB the Red Ogres for 45-50k and then cast Meltdown for 3.4kx3 against Red Soul 4 times before auto-attacking the rest of the fight and occasionally throwing out 20k OSBs
    82 Tyro - Who cast USB2 & Angelsong (which is just fantastic btw)

I figured I was in -2 Actions Taken territory, but apparently not.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm starved for 4* DEX and WIS motes.

So of course, thanks to this re-ordering of events, we got Dissidia which was wonderful for VIT motes, but then two events in a row of SPR on MP fights.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    A+ down. Bring Endiku. The flame has a TON of HP, geez.

Also I had a team with 4 people with instant or chaining instant abilities. That's fun!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Hit 50. Rolled on the VI banner. Got Sabin's SSB (Phantom Rush) and a third copy of Edgar's BSB cloak. Regret.

At least the cloak is a very strong piece of armor when reforged. And maybe I can do something with Phantom Rush as support for Shadow. Still, a pretty big miss compared to my last few rolls.

Enlong on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Hit 50, and rolled on the VII banner. Chasing that Zack/Cloud combo but also could use some shoring up in general with stuff like a non-Yuffie medica. Got 2/11 with a disco! Dupe Reno BSB, and Cloud USB!!!!! Always chase relics!

• Options
    :(

Congrats!

• Options
    Ramza at level 99 has 154 speed.
    Y'Shtola at level 99 has 149 speed.

Both start a fight at exactly half of a filled ATB, nobody has or gains haste, and nobody gets afflicted by a status ailment. The Battle Speed is 1.

Who acts first?

Characters
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Both start a fight at exactly half of a filled ATB, nobody has or gains haste, and nobody gets afflicted by a status ailment. The Battle Speed is 1.

Who acts first?

Does anyone go before them in the turn order?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Whichever of them is in the slot under Onion Knight (speed 175), because by the time you've picked Onion's action, they'll both be full.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Who acts first?

Does anyone go before them in the turn order?

I was going to answer that Squall, speed 135, starting from the same half-bar position, acts first, but no.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options

Who acts first?
    Lightning.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    A+ down. Bring Endiku. The flame has a TON of HP, geez.

Also I had a team with 4 people with instant or chaining instant abilities. That's fun!

Threw random non-elemental team at it. No problems until the very end when the flame switched to fuck if I even know what. Doing 4k ST attacks. Wall probably fell off since I was lazy about reapplying it. But it was also basically dead at that point anyway. Ogres just died unceremoniously.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Who acts first?

This can get a little weird with that small of a difference in my experience. This is assuming those are your two fastest characters. When I break out Sozin's Comet to farm Sea Lion I often don't know who will act first between Refia and OK. It is more than a little frustrating.

Side note: I also can't figure out how to trigger Terra's trance consistently. Firaja from OK with fire boost on weapon, and armor hitting Terra with Wall and Shellga looks just shy, and I am not certain how best to boost it.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    :(

Congrats!

sad emoji congrats might be the single defining forum post of any gacha game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Hm. Ok, Shadow, Sabin, and Eiko work fairly well together, with the latter two patching up the former's mirror image stacks if he gets hit. Sabin's still assuredly the weak link in terms of damage potential (he is only level 80 with half a record Dive, though) and I could almost assuredly do better with Raines or Kuja in his spot, but it's doable. And I like Phantom Rush as a technique, so I'm just glad it's not a total bust here.

Enlong on
  • Options
    *facepalm* Right, so defeat X first medal conditions don't trigger if you just kill them all at the same time. I knew that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Who acts first?

At speed 3 (real life), Ramza's bar would fill from 0 in 3.473 seconds, Ysh in 3.5067. That's a difference of 0.03 seconds; you're getting into how the game engine counts time. There's gonna be just a little variance, yeah.

Narbus on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, that FFXV CM is a pain when you have literally no soul breaks. Thank god for Enkidu.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I am so sick of Barbariccia, Barnabus, Calcabrina, and Golbez & Shadow Dragon right now.

4 stamina refreshes and I'm finally done with IV. Sheesh.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Theoretically Ramza, but if Yshtola is actually a tiny bit higher ATB she may go. If you go by ATB order instead of party order, and they are ready at the same time, whichever one you actually obtained sooner goes first. At least I think that is how it works.

E: Guess I should refresh the page before replying. Just 12 replies late.

Leeks on
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Who acts first?

This can get a little weird with that small of a difference in my experience. This is assuming those are your two fastest characters. When I break out Sozin's Comet to farm Sea Lion I often don't know who will act first between Refia and OK. It is more than a little frustrating.

Side note: I also can't figure out how to trigger Terra's trance consistently. Firaja from OK with fire boost on weapon, and armor hitting Terra with Wall and Shellga looks just shy, and I am not certain how best to boost it.

When I was Bismarck'ing, I would use Lightning to instant cast RW Wall, then Shantotto as next action would meltdown herself. I had the right MAG/RES numbers to hit herself for like 5400 and put herself into trance. I would look to do something similar with Terra as well.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Jumped around and did a little targeted event clearing first so I could do this:

pYfdfo5l.png

edit: and one more quick clear lets me:

Es2zfoLl.png

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, these events have been a godsend for my hones. R3 sapphire shot and Icicle shot, R3 Omega Drive, Meltdownand Tritoch

This discussion has been closed.